Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

elentar posted:

Duke Lite in every way, from style of play to roster makeup to Mike Brey being K's only consistently successful protégé.

drat. I blame UNC for this predicament.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

resident
Dec 22, 2005

WE WERE ALL UP IN THAT SHIT LIKE A MUTHAFUCKA. IT'S CLEANER THAN A BROKE DICK DOG.

I like when wvu knows they can't titty twist their way through their entire defensive set without fouling out.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
Duke is gonna win and get a 1 seed because that's the timeline we are in.

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

TBeats posted:

Duke is gonna win and get a 1 seed because that's the timeline we are in.

They would be a pretty weak #1. Would be a real shame if they ran into a strong 16 seed. :getin:

edit: Did Bilas say he didn't see any way that Duke scores less than 85 points against ND? ND has only give up 85+ once this season, that seems like a strange prediction.

Nolan Arenado fucked around with this message at 02:29 on Mar 12, 2017

resident
Dec 22, 2005

WE WERE ALL UP IN THAT SHIT LIKE A MUTHAFUCKA. IT'S CLEANER THAN A BROKE DICK DOG.

I'm hanging out with a Texas/duke fan. Only a big 12 championship is subsiding my rage.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

There's like 5 ND fans in the stands.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Kent State giving Akron a game

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

Looking like Kent State is actually going to win it as the #6 seed.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Please tell me that Allen projects to be a D-League journeyman who we'll never hear from again.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Please tell me that Allen projects to be a D-League journeyman who we'll never hear from again.

His production is way down this year, I'm no NBA draft expert but I wouldn't be surprised if he was a 2nd round pick at this point.

Which means he's at least likely to be a D League guy. He's not going to get by on his shot and even though he's athletic as hell by Duke white guy standards he doesn't seem to be really doing as much as you'd like with that for an NBA prospect.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
I have seen some people project him in the 20s but yeah I would be surprised if he went that high since the consensus is probably second round.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
These Duke unis feel off-brand.

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails
RIP Notre Dame Player

SpiritualDeath
Jul 2, 2009

shaping your brain like pottery
wtf how did North Dakota get Weber State into overtime?

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Marquis de Pyro posted:

RIP Notre Dame

TheAlmightyFrog
Oct 7, 2007

squeeeak
Seems like a good time for a gently caress Duke

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison

TheAlmightyFrog posted:

Seems like a good time for a gently caress Duke

Never a bad time for it

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison
That said, gently caress Duke

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Boucher tore his ACL, so :rip: Oregon

buddhanc
Feb 16, 2010

I love bill Walton and this is a good game so far. Gonna be intense hopefully the whole way

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
I used to not think much of the PAC-12 tourney but it is good now.

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.
Middle Tennessee won C-USA, they're really well-balanced and senior heavy and will be a horrible matchup for some 6 seed but I bet the committee sticks them in Dayton to start.

Meanwhile New Orleans-TAMUCC is pretty good late, and New Mexico State-Bakersfield will be worth a look on Pac-12 commercial breaks.

buddhanc
Feb 16, 2010

I love bill Walton so much

Adun
Apr 15, 2001

Publicola
Fun Shoe
Getting to see confetti used at the Barclays Center for the first time is extremely my poo poo

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
Thank you for your life Bill Walton.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

buddhanc posted:

I love bill Walton so much

Same.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Southland title game coming down to the last shot on ESPN2

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
I really want to believe that Markkanen's defense the past three weeks is real and not fake as others say.

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

elentar posted:

Middle Tennessee won C-USA, they're really well-balanced and senior heavy and will be a horrible matchup for some 6 seed but I bet the committee sticks them in Dayton to start.

Aren't the non #16 seed First Four spots reserved for the final 4 at large teams? I don't think Middle Tennessee could go there, which is good.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Nolan Arenado posted:

Aren't the non #16 seed First Four spots reserved for the final 4 at large teams? I don't think Middle Tennessee could go there, which is good.

Correct. MTSU is not gonna be a 16 so they definitely won't be in Dayton.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Privateers bitch

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.

Henchman of Santa posted:

Correct. MTSU is not gonna be a 16 so they definitely won't be in Dayton.

Ah good, an actually intelligent rule. I'd wondered but then just assumed the NCAA would find ways to gently caress good smaller-revenue schools.

edit: actually though it still doesn't go far enough, all the 16s are conference champions who deserve their shot against a 1 seed, Dayton should be entirely teeth-skin-scraping at-large teams.

If you haven't read it yet, New Orleans getting to the tournament after years of recovery is a pretty :unsmith: story:

https://twitter.com/JeffEisenberg/status/840790582825893889

elentar fucked around with this message at 06:16 on Mar 12, 2017

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Let's make a jump shot, we're going on tour with Roger Waters and John Fogerty

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

elentar posted:

edit: actually though it still doesn't go far enough, all the 16s are conference champions who deserve their shot against a 1 seed, Dayton should be entirely teeth-skin-scraping at-large teams.

I totally agree with this, although if they actually make a change it would probably be to do the opposite.

Absolute Zero
Mar 12, 2007

Best QB in Arizona history*

*projected
Cats have no answer for Brooks. But yeah shut down everyone else and he can't beat you by himself.

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

CSU Bakersfield is really blowing this... come on Roadrunners!

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

Absolute Zero posted:

Cats have no answer for Brooks. But yeah shut down everyone else and he can't beat you by himself.

I am back from work and home and trying to relax so it's time to collapse although as I'm posting this Arizona seems to have righted the ship.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
I need Walton to provide color commentary on my life.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
How loving high is Bill Walton?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Absolute Zero
Mar 12, 2007

Best QB in Arizona history*

*projected
Hate the way this game is being officiated. Everything is a foul

• Locked thread