Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is the man??
This poll is closed.
Goku 202 7.09%
Vegeta 279 9.79%
Krillin 208 7.30%
Piccolo or his nameks 212 7.44%
Gohan or Cool Gohan 135 4.74%
Yamcha 90 3.16%
Tien 120 4.21%
Muten Roshi 89 3.12%
Tao Pai Pai 71 2.49%
Frieza 69 2.42%
Cell or an android 86 3.02%
Buu 62 2.18%
Hercule "Mark" Satan 327 11.48%
Videl 90 3.16%
Bulma 104 3.65%
Yajirobe 99 3.47%
Ginyu or other Frieza squad guy 68 2.39%
King kai or another kai 53 1.86%
Chi-Chi 83 2.91%
Goten 43 1.51%
Trunks or Cool Trunks 112 3.93%
Bardock 48 1.68%
Other villain of DB,Z, or GT(please post about it!) 41 1.44%
Uub 42 1.47%
Oolong 90 3.16%
Zamasu 26 0.91%
Total: 1326 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016
I don't get why you are all getting into this "who will beat who" discussions. Just wait for the Power Level Handbook to come out once Super ends and there you'll have all your answers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

Frieza: Could become a universal threat and easily crush the Saiyans forever, can't because he fights like an idiot, power levels meaningless when you're too loving stupid, the end

Ekusukariba
Oct 11, 2012

Rodyle posted:

Sometimes stupid is just stupid.

I enjoyed RoF for what it was but realtalk it is lame that they reintroduced Freeza like that.

Honestly given that the behind the scenes reason on Frieza's return being that Toriyama listened to a metal song about Frieza, I'm fine with how things turned out

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016
Frieza is probably an intended japanese bed time story about the importance of patience.

Like the idiot trained for 4 months, all he had to do was wait 8 more months, send Sorbet back to Earth to gather the Dragon Balls and become immortal as he originally intended to and then not even Beerus would have been able to stop him.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

lezard_valeth posted:

Frieza is probably an intended japanese bed time story about the importance of patience.

Like the idiot trained for 4 months, all he had to do was wait 8 more months, send Sorbet back to Earth to gather the Dragon Balls and become immortal as he originally intended to and then not even Beerus would have been able to stop him.

According to Toriyama Beerus would have been able to stop him. He said that no matter what Freeza did he would never be able to best Beerus.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Does Beerus' 'destroy' move work if you're immortal?

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

Kild posted:

it's implied that it does when they have to make an excuse why beerus doesn't come along to deal with zamasu in the future

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine
100 pages to go till we reach Satan City

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Once we get to Satan City I hope we're able to see Great Saiyaman stop some robbers or something. I love that dude.

Ekusukariba posted:

Honestly given that the behind the scenes reason on Frieza's return being that Toriyama listened to a metal song about Frieza, I'm fine with how things turned out
I was gonna say that bringing Frieza back again seems more like a Toei move but I'd buy this explanation.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Kild posted:

I think it's more likely to work against Dragon Ball immortality than Super Dragon Ball immortality in any case

Rangpur
Dec 31, 2008

Raxivace posted:

I was gonna say that bringing Frieza back again seems more like a Toei move but I'd buy this explanation.
Sounds about right. Apparently the God of Destruction is a bald, purple cat because Toriyama owns a Cornish Rex. A lot of the twists in Dragonball are apparently a combination of editorial interference and Toriyama's own fly by the seat-of-his-pants storytelling.

If he was working on a mystery series instead, Perfect Cell would be Keiser Soze.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

I'd watch the usual suspects starring dragon ball characters

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Rangpur posted:

Sounds about right. Apparently the God of Destruction is a bald, purple cat because Toriyama owns a Cornish Rex. A lot of the twists in Dragonball are apparently a combination of editorial interference and Toriyama's own fly by the seat-of-his-pants storytelling.

If he was working on a mystery series instead, Perfect Cell would be Keiser Soze.

Overall I like Toriyama's writing style although it is a shame about his terrible memory

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

It's just weird to me that RoF would start off as a Toriyama idea and not a Toei one since all of the post-DBZ pre-BoG material found some way to work loving Frieza in, no matter much of a stretch, and Toriyama had little to do with any of it outside of Neko-Majin. If it wasn't Frieza himself it was either a weird clone or his distant ancestor or his son or random soldiers of his still wanting to wreak havoc.

Like you would almost think RoF was something that was intentionally being built up to years in advance.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Raxivace posted:

It's just weird to me that RoF would start off as a Toriyama idea and not a Toei one since all of the post-DBZ pre-BoG material found some way to work loving Frieza in, no matter much of a stretch, and Toriyama had little to do with any of it outside of Neko-Majin. If it wasn't Frieza himself it was either a weird clone or his distant ancestor or his son or random soldiers of his still wanting to wreak havoc.

Like you would almost think RoF was something that was intentionally being built up to years in advance.

Personally I think it probably was an idea that Toei had been suggesting to Toriyama for a long time, but he had no interest in it till he heard that song and it got his creative juices flowing

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

drrockso20 posted:

Overall I like Toriyama's writing style although it is a shame about his terrible memory

Being self referential is really not toriyamas style.
Hell revisit gags for sure but not plot beats.

And im fine with that.

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

I came here to laugh at you.
Until he reboots everything with Steel Dragonball Run.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

It's worth remembering that Dragonball is basically the shonen equivalent of those webcomics that begin about two dudes on a couch playing video games and somehow end up fighting time traveling robots for the fate of the universe.

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011
a shaggy ape story

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
Frieza is strong and cool and my friend.

psychoJ
Feb 24, 2011

Smart and cool, handsome, wealthy and so sexy
The worst thing about the RoF arc in Super is that they loving killed Captain Ginyu

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
How did Ginyu immediately become battle ready after hopping into that guy's body anyway? He was a frog for several years.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

How did Ginyu immediately become battle ready after hopping into that guy's body anyway? He was a frog for several years.

Tagoma's body was ready for action already and it takes more than being a frog to hurt Captain Ginyu's absolute loyalty to Freeza.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
Well, I meant more along the lines of "Wouldn't it have taken time to readjust to not being in a frog body after so long?"

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Well, I meant more along the lines of "Wouldn't it have taken time to readjust to not being in a frog body after so long?"

I presume Captain Ginyu is well adjusted to combat after swapping into new bodies though he'd have done better if he had time to actually get used to it.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Kild posted:

Ghosts are immortal, and it works on ghosts....

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Tagoma is also evil and dedicated to Freeza, hence that it wouldn't be a problem for Ginyu to get well acquainted.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

He only had problems switching into Goku's body because he's an earthling who isn't always full power.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

ImpAtom posted:

I presume Captain Ginyu is well adjusted to combat after swapping into new bodies though he'd have done better if he had time to actually get used to it.

I loke to think the horned ginyu isnt close to being his body.
And the dairy squad got used to him showing up in a new bod every other week.

"Oh but the last one wasnt quite so limber, besides multiple eyes are so last season.

...oh sorry guldo but its the truth"

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

secretly, ginyu's first body was just a frog

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

ginyus original body was cooler's french guy according to v-jump

Ekusukariba
Oct 11, 2012

Stairmaster posted:

ginyus original body was cooler's french guy according to v-jump

google search says that it actually says Salza has seen Ginyu's true form not that he is Ginyu's original body

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Almost nobody has seen Ginyu's true form yeah, Salza's one of them though. Also to lead the Armoured Squadron he had to fight Ginyu.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Do you think Ginyu could body swap Beerus?

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Electric Phantasm posted:

Unlikely. Body Change is pretty easy to avoid if you know it's coming and you don't get startled (considering Ginyu needs to shout CHAAAANGE and all). I can't imagine Beerus would fall for it.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

yes

Jedah
Sep 1, 2001

YOU CAN NOT BUST THE KRUST

Electric Phantasm posted:

A good question.

I suspect that even if they swapped bodies, Ginyu wouldn't be able to use the "erase" move, but I could be wrong. That ability seems like something very different from a traditional ki blast, it's more like a divine power/spell only granted to very specific individuals.

Also, isn't this a situation where Whis would most likely intervene? He could reverse time and undo their body swap.

Jedah fucked around with this message at 00:09 on Mar 13, 2017

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"
So is there an episode this week?

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Neo_Crimson posted:

So is there an episode this week?

There was no episode on the 11th, but there will be one on the 18th

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Jedah posted:

A good question.

I suspect that even if they swapped bodies, Ginyu wouldn't be able to use the "erase" move, but I could be wrong. That ability seems like something very different from a traditional ki blast, it's more like a divine power/spell only granted to very specific individuals.

Also, isn't this a situation where Whis would most likely intervene? He could reverse time and undo their body swap.

The Frog of Destruction

• Locked thread