Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

Samizdata posted:

I need to find out where the bobblehead is in game.

That specific one is in E2. It's on top of the building that you need to go in to do that sat uplink poo poo. There's some vents/pipes on the exterior that have blood on them that you can climb up onto.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

You clearly don't understand game development

MeLKoR posted:

:siren: Star Citizen: The longer before reality steals my dream, the better. :siren:

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

Thoatse posted:

His name is Truckee and he's an avalanche rescue dog in Tahoe and he's a good boy

https://gfycat.com/CourageousFreshDorking

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

The Titanic posted:

Say hello. Ask him his real opinion on Star Citizen if you want.

Don't do anything creepy or weird.

Ask him his opinion on the hot dogs.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

DoctorStrangelove posted:

That specific one is in E2. It's on top of the building that you need to go in to do that sat uplink poo poo. There's some vents/pipes on the exterior that have blood on them that you can climb up onto.

I will have to play again then. Cheers.

Plural Abysss
Feb 25, 2016

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/comment/7572309/#Comment_7572309

Space Crabs
Mar 10, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

if you are going to make up a dream delusion to be your life game now then any additional mental gymnastics are just adding to the routine

I guess you can cut the guy some slack since he probably doesn't follow this thread and hasn't seen a couple dozen predictions, weeks and months in advance and probably just sees the lists backers try and do their elaborate take-downs on at some indeterminate point in the future.

So yeah to random idiot backer seeing a leak about _______ after it has happened is probably vastly different than reading the same thing two patches in advance here. Being a crazy idiot also helps.

Space Crabs fucked around with this message at 06:44 on Mar 12, 2017

nawledgelambo
Nov 8, 2016

Immersion chariot

I'm starting to think this LogicSol made his username the most ironic username in the history of usernames

his posts are nothing short of amazing. if star citizen backers were sheep, he'd be the shepherd.

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?

cool new Polack jokes posted:

I'm from Manchester

Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeer
It's Manchestaaaaaaaaawh.

ripptide
Jul 28, 2016

The Titanic posted:

Say hello. Ask him his real opinion on Star Citizen if you want.

Don't do anything creepy or weird.

It's Jared.......that severely limits him on interactions if you take those away.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

nawledgelambo posted:

I'm starting to think this LogicSol made his username the most ironic username in the history of usernames

his posts are nothing short of amazing. if star citizen backers were sheep, he'd be the shepherd.
I think he just chose it because it's an anagram of CIG so LOL.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

The leak I couldn't believe was early last year which said SQ42 was delayed until 4Q 2017. Amazingly that is panning out without a hiccup and is looking like a 2018 release.

One that I'm most disappointed about is the car dealership. Guess they couldn't get the NPC working in time for the jpeg showroom.

Space Crabs
Mar 10, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Even when the leaks are technically wrong it actually kinda proves the leaks right.

"Hey guys, guess what CIG is doing. Some really dumb bullshit that is going to take a huge amount of time and anyone rational knows it's not going to work from Minute Zero but Chris Roberts is the boss."

(2 months later)

"Well looks like CIG has managed to release a bunch of broken and hacked together tweaks and mods. When you put all the scraps together they were obviously working on the really dumb bullshit I previously mentioned though but as usual failed at 45-65%."

Backers: Checkmate Goonailures. The leaks are wrong Because you said the really dumb bullshit was coming out not that they would fail to even make it and instead give you bits and pieces of what would be really dumb bullshit. :smug::smugdon:

Space Crabs
Mar 10, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
I just don't see how you can be smug by CIG failing to achieve the incredibly low bar and pessimistic mocking of the leaks.

Like 75% of the time they are right and the rest of the time CIG is so bad they look even worse than the leaks presented them to be and backers are somehow smug as gently caress that the leaks are "wrong" without explaining or understanding that it's not actually always a good thing for them when a leak is not considered factually consistent.

Zzr
Oct 6, 2016

The leaks from TheAgent are more accurate than those of Chris Roberts.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Space Crabs posted:

I just don't see how you can be smug by CIG failing to achieve the incredibly low bar and pessimistic mocking of the leaks.

Like 75% of the time they are right and the rest of the time CIG is so bad they look even worse than the leaks presented them to be and backers are somehow smug as gently caress that the leaks are "wrong" without explaining or understanding that it's not actually always a good thing for them when a leak is not considered factually consistent.

But in this binary world we live in, TheAgent being wrong means Star Citizen is right!

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Space Crabs posted:

Even when the leaks are technically wrong it actually kinda proves the leaks right.

"Hey guys, guess what CIG is doing. Some really dumb bullshit that is going to take a huge amount of time and anyone rational knows it's not going to work from Minute Zero but Chris Roberts is the boss."

(2 months later)

"Well looks like CIG has managed to release a bunch of broken and hacked together tweaks and mods. When you put all the scraps together they were obviously working on the really dumb bullshit I previously mentioned though but as usual failed at 45-65%."

Backers: Checkmate Goonailures. The leaks are wrong Because you said the really dumb bullshit was coming out not that they would fail to even make it and instead give you bits and pieces of what would be really dumb bullshit. :smug::smugdon:

At this point, I am thinking it is actually impossible to underestimate CIG enough to make any sort of valid prediction, frankly, and therein lies our problem.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

Space Crabs
Mar 10, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Jobbo_Fett posted:

But in this binary world we live in, TheAgent being wrong means Star Citizen is right!

Isn't it autism that has black and white thinking like that or some other kind of mental disorder?

We are talking about people that buy tens of thousands of dollars of spaceship pictures here but it's basically....

TheAgent says CIG will SHOW a specific type of gameplay at an event
CIG shows nothing and avoids the topic entirely
CIG weeks later shows a video where people are talking about the difficulties they had making the components that would be in that gameplay
CIG shows other videos (ATVs) with unfinished clips from what was obviously the same type of gameplay TheAgent mentioned
CIG over a period of months speaks about ongoing difficulties with things like rigging, and animation that would have stopped the gameplay being SHOWN live
TheAgent, prior to the original prediction of SHOWING gameplay also explained difficulties with production, things that could cause the exact outcome we got.

Backers see this and go

"Agent said SHOWN. It was NOT SHOWN. AGENT WRONG. LEAK WRONG."

It's a particularly strong brand of the crazy this thread was founded to mock since it's not really an arguable point but boy are a lot of people lining up to be smug as gently caress arguing with it.

Space Crabs fucked around with this message at 09:28 on Mar 12, 2017

StarbloodKiss
Feb 3, 2016

Why is the entire cargo hold full with crates of Krogan Krackers?
A bit late, I know, but I'm going to try getting a refund on the Armada pack. I haven't followed anything remotely serious about CIG\SC since Jan 2016, I think, so coming back to an animation of a marine checking a magazine was pretty much all I expected from CIG, lol. Can't say I'm surprised at all with their same excuses. Also, I thought Star Marine was cancelled...

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Space Crabs posted:

Isn't it autism that has black and white thinking like that or some other kind of mental disorder?

We are talking about people that buy tens of thousands of dollars of spaceship pictures here but it's basically....

TheAgent says CIG will SHOW a specific type of gameplay at an event
CIG shows nothing and avoids the topic entirely
CIG weeks later shows a video where people are talking about the difficulties they had making the components that would be in that gameplay
CIG shows other videos (ATVs) with unfinished clips from what was obviously the same type of gameplay TheAgent mentioned
CIG over a period of months speaks about ongoing difficulties with things like rigging, and animation that would have stopped the gameplay being SHOWN live
TheAgent, prior to the original prediction of SHOWING gameplay also explained difficulties with production, things that could cause the exact outcome we got.

Backers see this and go

"Agent said SHOWN. It was NOT SHOWN. AGENT WRONG. LEAK WRONG."

It's a particularly strong brand of the crazy this thread was founded to mock since it's not really an arguable point but boy are a lot of people lining up to be smug as gently caress arguing with it.

Again, TheAgent is wrong, so in the eyes of the backers that we mock, the project must be fine.

Keep in mind that these are the same people who wonder out loud why "the filthy company leavers" who leak information don't out themselves publicly. If you point out that going public as a whistleblower has a tendency to gently caress with your current and future career, they simply state that, clearly, its a u-problem.

Any other argument gets shouted down until it reaches to point above of "If it is so bad over there, why don't they come out and say it?" Repeat ad nauseum.

The vocals ones have created a sub-reddit against one man talking bad about a video game. They flood any site speaking positively, or not, about Star Citizen. And they honestly believe that if something was wrong with Star Citizen, be it the funding or development or anything else, they honestly believe Chris Roberts would come out and be like "Projects years away from completion, and we need 10 Million more dollars, please send help!"

And everyone entitled to it is still waiting on their financial report that details exactly where all the money is and how it was spent...

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

StarbloodKiss posted:

A bit late, I know, but I'm going to try getting a refund on the Armada pack. I haven't followed anything remotely serious about CIG\SC since Jan 2016, I think, so coming back to an animation of a marine checking a magazine was pretty much all I expected from CIG, lol. Can't say I'm surprised at all with their same excuses. Also, I thought Star Marine was cancelled...

Star Marine was a game mode, then touted as its own game, then back to game mode, cancelled, already in the game, cancelled, turned into a game mode.

Or something like that.

Zzr
Oct 6, 2016

StarbloodKiss posted:

There is no game. Get a refund.

Zzr
Oct 6, 2016

Also space is boring and humanity will end without encoutering a single bacteria out of solar system. Physics, distance and reality are indomitables bitches.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Zzr posted:

Also space is boring and humanity will end without encoutering a single bacteria out of solar system. Physics, distance and reality are indomitables bitches.

How wrong can you possibly be?

Lack of Gravitas
Oct 11, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Regrettable posted:

He would get a hot dog. smh

He was inspired by the pictures of a sausage on a slice of bread from a few pages back

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/RobertsSpaceInd/status/840740898019393536

"Bar Citizen" when you have to spent time Citizens, choose a location that sells alcohol.

Good Dumplings
Mar 30, 2011

Excuse my worthless shitposting because all I can ever hope to accomplish in life is to rot away the braincells of strangers on the internet with my irredeemable brainworms.

Zzr posted:

you shut your mouth, someday we'll drunkenly slam jupiter into another solar system because the locals didn't acknowledge our mixtape of diplomacy

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Even if the leaks are bullshit, the fact that CIG's failures are so easy to predict that people are consistently getting it right on a guess should be a huge red flag.

Mu77ley
Oct 14, 2016

Space Crabs posted:

It's called dumbfuckism.

Sum Mors
Feb 21, 2008

Jobbo_Fett posted:

How wrong can you possibly be?

But this already happened and was really far away. Our future in space is looking more and more dismal every passing year.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Sum Mors posted:

But this already happened and was really far away. Our future in space is looking more and more dismal every passing year.

But they were humans so technically we've already succeeded :smuggo:

Virtual Captain
Feb 20, 2017

Archive Priest of the Stimperial Order

Star Citizen Good, in all things forevermore. Amen.
:pray:
New camera is showing off the 3D GUI.

oh wait this is Elite my mistake.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
WOW THAT LOOKS LIKE GARBAGE WHATS EVEN THE POINT OF 3D MENUS WHEN YOU CAN'T WALK ON THE SURFACE OF THE SUN?

*faaaaart*

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

IncredibleIgloo posted:

This is an off topic, but uh, slightly funny link from another thread. How many of these shy boys do you think are SC backers?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sJ8EAwRauoM

:psyduck:

oh god

Space Crabs
Mar 10, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Even if the leaks are bullshit, the fact that CIG's failures are so easy to predict that people are consistently getting it right on a guess should be a huge red flag.

Once again, wrong, Goonies Part 2: The idiotening.

When the leaks are basically mocking the game and predicting hilarious fuckups months in advance and they are wrong because CIG does even worse, CIG wins.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d696t3yALAY

"3 years late, Septuple times Budget, How'd you like it?"

"I must apologize for Chris Roberts. He is an Idiot. We taught him how to develop wrong, as a joke."

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016

Good Dumplings posted:

you shut your mouth, someday we'll drunkenly slam jupiter into another solar system because the locals didn't acknowledge our mixtape of diplomacy

I for one am disappointed that Van Halen's Eruption didn't make it onto the Voyager Golden Record

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

Jobbo_Fett posted:

WOW THAT LOOKS LIKE GARBAGE WHATS EVEN THE POINT OF 3D MENUS WHEN YOU CAN'T WALK ON THE SURFACE OF THE SUN?

*faaaaart*

I'm not sure 3D menus help against radiation.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

StarbloodKiss posted:

Star Marine was never canceled. Star Marine was always just a gamemode.

Jobbo_Fett posted:

Star Marine was a game mode, then touted as its own game, then back to game mode, cancelled, already in the game, cancelled, turned into a game mode.

Or something like that.
:commissar:

MeLKoR fucked around with this message at 16:55 on Mar 12, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

well HECK Phil
Feb 25, 2010
Toilet Rascal
"And if you gaze into a Star Citzen for long, the Star Citizen stares right back at you." -Parpsche

This thread has taken quite the turn without the fun leaks from theAgent. There's only so much screenshots of Reddit you can look at and any good posts get swallowed up by hundreds of garbage, white noise posts.