Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Joe 30330
Dec 20, 2007

"We have this notion that if you're poor, you cannot do it. Poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids."

As the audience reluctantly began to applaud during the silence, Biden tried to fix his remarks.

"Wealthy kids, black kids, Asian kids -- no, I really mean it." Biden said.

Next flight of Windows 10 sounding good

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope

People poop, :dealwithit:

SupSuper
Apr 8, 2009

At the Heart of the city is an Alien horror, so vile and so powerful that not even death can claim it.
i too am extremely concerned what my coworkers think about my pooping

SO DEMANDING
Dec 27, 2003

someone get werthog in here to repost his bathroom guy thread

Workaday Wizard
Oct 23, 2009

by Pragmatica

what was this before it got deleted?

Sapozhnik
Jan 2, 2005

Nap Ghost

Shinku ABOOKEN posted:

"lol you're using our IP in your operating system's ads maybe you should have a chat with us before you go ahead and do that"

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

crunch time

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

Millstone posted:

Next flight of Windows 10 sounding good

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

Shinku ABOOKEN posted:

https://archive.fo/xt22O

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

SO DEMANDING posted:

someone get werthog in here to repost his bathroom guy thread

He died. Rip

I heard a guy jacking it in a bathroom stall a few weeks back. Wtf

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

Citizen Tayne posted:

He died. Rip

I heard a guy jacking it in a bathroom stall a few weeks back. Wtf
lots of bathrooms have echoes

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
lol it has begun

just saw an ad in the file explorer on windows 10

can't wait for the annual subscription plan to kick in

Bognar
Aug 4, 2011

I am the queen of France
Hot Rope Guy

Stymie posted:

lol it has begun

just saw an ad in the file explorer on windows 10

can't wait for the annual subscription plan to kick in

https://www.thurrott.com/windows/windows-10/106424/windows-10-tip-turn-off-file-explorer-advertising

apparently they show this ad even if you're already paying for onedrive

Baxate
Feb 1, 2011

windows 10 has started showing me ads in explorer...

Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene

univbee posted:

this is pretty close to the complete list of "major" pc games with linux versions, and there's still a bunch of stuff which gets a Mac release but not a Linux one

now we are starting to see titles that get their linux/windows releases before mac, because mac takes extra special long for metal support instead of opengl.

Phoenixan
Jan 16, 2010

Just Keep Cool-idge

Ludwig van Halen posted:

windows 10 has started showing me ads in explorer...
i can't wait for "playable ads"!

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Linux is unironically better than win ten

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

Blue Train posted:

Linux is unironically better than win ten

windows 10 is a linux now

and its free software

Celexi
Nov 25, 2006

Slava Ukraini!
I just noticed windows phones went missing from my country Microsoft store they must of sold out so good they had to remove them from the website so people would stop crashing it from reloading it to see if they were now available I guess

chestnut santabag
Jul 3, 2006

(hi) Hello! Skype here. We'd like to send you tips and hints so you can do more with Skype every day. We'd also like to tell you about other Microsoft products and services that we think you might enjoy. If you'd rather not receive these Skype bot messages, you can stop them at any time. All messages will adhere to the Microsoft Services Agreement and the Microsoft Privacy Statement.
Looking for a friend on Skype? We’ve made it easier.(idea) Search using their name, Skype Name, email or mobile number, and your results will soon display the number of mutual contacts you share. Your friends may also want to search for you. You can choose to opt out of this setting by updating your profile for People Search and Suggestions. Learn more

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope

chestnut santabag posted:

(hi) Hello! Skype here. We'd like to send you tips and hints so you can do more with Skype every day. We'd also like to tell you about other Microsoft products and services that we think you might enjoy. If you'd rather not receive these Skype bot messages, you can stop them at any time. All messages will adhere to the Microsoft Services Agreement and the Microsoft Privacy Statement.
Looking for a friend on Skype? We’ve made it easier.(idea) Search using their name, Skype Name, email or mobile number, and your results will soon display the number of mutual contacts you share. Your friends may also want to search for you. You can choose to opt out of this setting by updating your profile for People Search and Suggestions. Learn more

Block, report abuse

Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene

my favorite part of this screenshot is the microsoft emoji

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

cool poop emoji

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

Microsoft doesn't have the worst emoji, but they're pretty bad.

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum
just updated windows and now windows update says, "Good news! The Windows 10 Creators Update is on its way. Want to be one of the first to get it?" and a link that says "Yes, show me how" which goes to a page that says thanks for your interest lol

almost as good as a bing search for "windows 10 creators update" would've been

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

create yourself some money and buy a macbook pro instead

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

does anyone remember getting Microsoft messenger spam on your desktop after windows XP came out

like it was so bad they just ripped out the messenger

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

Luigi Thirty posted:

does anyone remember getting Microsoft messenger spam on your desktop after windows XP came out

like it was so bad they just ripped out the messenger
that was the system messaging service (so your lan administrator could broadcast that the network was going down in five minutes to everyone) that was left wholly open and exposed to the internet, wasnt it?

xp pre-sp2 was a hilarious trainwreck

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
yeah, that's the one

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

and wiki says MS ended up taking it out and going back to MSG.EXE lol

pram
Jun 10, 2001

lol

Phoenixan
Jan 16, 2010

Just Keep Cool-idge

anthonypants posted:

just updated windows and now windows update says, "Good news! The Windows 10 Creators Update is on its way. Want to be one of the first to get it?" and a link that says "Yes, show me how" which goes to a page that says thanks for your interest lol

clicking the help button in file explorer still brings up a bing search of how to get help in explorer

someone at microsoft saw "let me google that for you" and decided to just turn the whole os into that

Maximum Leader
Dec 5, 2014
to be fiar who the gently caress reads any kind of documentation ever and when is said documentation ever usefuL? N E V E R

Workaday Wizard
Oct 23, 2009

by Pragmatica

Maximum Leader posted:

to be fiar who the gently caress reads any kind of documentation ever and when is said documentation ever usefuL? N E V E R

i did :blush:

Workaday Wizard
Oct 23, 2009

by Pragmatica
ye olde microsoft docs were top notch. i literally learned programming from them (jscript and vba chm files :swoon:).

SupSuper
Apr 8, 2009

At the Heart of the city is an Alien horror, so vile and so powerful that not even death can claim it.

anthonypants posted:

lol the only features they got are 3d mspaint and vr desktop

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

can mspaint do transparency yet

Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

flakeloaf posted:

can mspaint do transparency yet
what does your heart tell you

Adbot