Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through
Just got the Master Sword...

...and I've still only done the one dungeon so far.

I should proooobably get back to the critical path soon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

The moment I got the radar upgrade for the camera I dumped everything I had in my pockets onto the floor and started taking pictures.

Can I snap the great fairy for future reference?

Ben Nerevarine
Apr 14, 2006
Is there a reward for lighting all the blue lanterns in Akkala?

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

So just finished and coming back to the zelda thread.

What were the "leaked spoilers" from right before launch? I mean, the ending was pretty much nothing. Ganons beat and Link/Zelda are going off as buddies. They spent the entire game placing memories showing that Zelda couldn't activate her powers, that she could talk to the sword, that Link couldn't hear the sword, that Zelda's powers finally activate in a moment of courage -- I was fully expecting Zelda to be courage/the Hero who wields the Master Sword while Link would be Wisdom and use the Bow. The devs said that the flowers were important, they were Silent Princesses, and they were all around the sword. Link amiibo/merch/promotions do not show him with the Master Sword. Getting the sword nearly kills Link because he isn't worthy and the blade is testing him. Did they just not finish the ending? It felt like they were building up to this great role reversal and then the Ganon fight was pretty bland followed by a QTE shooting gallery and a whole lot of nothing. Still an amazing game, but onto the list of issues with some QOL menu poo poo and the framerate issues is going to add complete lack of an ending and an uninspired final boss.

e; My save also has a * on it now. Does that mean more content opened up? I only found 3 Great Faeries during my playthrough but they said there are more sisters to free, was pretty sure I did a thorough search of the world - are the other fountains post-ganon only?

e2; Yeah I just found the 4th fairy for 10k rupees, I have definitely been here before without anything here. I think. Also holy crap those costs for 4* gear are crazy -- is there any postgame content that its actually worth doing it for? Or potentially challenging DLC?

Nephzinho fucked around with this message at 18:36 on Mar 12, 2017

Qubee
May 31, 2013

Anyone else getting this really ugly-looking green tint in Zelda? I notice it most when there are clouds or mist and I'm up high. Everything becomes ugly because it's covered in this stupid green tint. I'm in Gerudo right now and the wind effects cause the green tint to be really bad at times. It comes and goes, I think it's the worst near sunset.

Is this a sign of a defective console, or is it normal?

bog pixie
Feb 23, 2013

DalaranJ posted:

What's the best weapon for getting distance with stasis? Hammer is good but the swings are slow, so I'm worried I'm not achieving maximum rock surfing here.

The spring hammer sold by the monster vendor is best, it deals no damage but makes everything fly

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Cooking in this game is great, it's so easy to tell what ingredients will mix together and make useful stuff

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Anyone got a good spot for a Traveler's Sword spawn? I left that sidequest for the kid wanting to see weapons just a tad too long.

The Zora road, just after Inigo bridge there's a bent with a wrecked wagon, and a traveler's sword is among the debris. There's other traveler's items (including more swords) along that path should you ever need them.

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

How have I done 39 Shrine Quests of 42 potential when I've done all Shrines?

ZZT the Fifth
Dec 6, 2006
I shot the invisible swordsman.

Nephzinho posted:

You still have to find the quest giver to get quest credit for the ones that aren't marked complete.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Nephzinho posted:

Its possible to wander into a shrine quest shrine without having picked up the quest. You just need to go find the quests, they'll auto-complete if you've already done the shrine.

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

Neddy Seagoon posted:

A few pages back, but the solution was indeed this recipe plus Monster Extract to make a Monster Cake.
Sounds yummy. I want one!

Tumble
Jun 24, 2003
I'm not thinking of anything!
OK, I'm getting into pack-rat territory again and I need to cure my habits (I've got 4 pages of inventory, and I've got 3 pages of food and elixirs), so I need to sell all of my inventory. What stuff should I absolutely not sell? Like, what stuff is hard to come by and is used for upgrades?

Tumble fucked around with this message at 19:44 on Mar 12, 2017

Megasabin
Sep 9, 2003

I get half!!
Earlier in this thread people mentioned Ore veins can respawn. I've had several days and a blood moon go by and that doesn't seem to be the case in my game. Anyone know the answer definitively?

Evfedu
Feb 28, 2007
Ore definitely respawns for me. Not sure of the timescale though.

Once you've upgraded your slate, is there a way to make your radar back into a shrine spotter? I set it to treasure chest for a bit and can't make it go back.

ZZT the Fifth
Dec 6, 2006
I shot the invisible swordsman.

Evfedu posted:

Once you've upgraded your slate, is there a way to make your radar back into a shrine spotter? I set it to treasure chest for a bit and can't make it go back.

Press either X or Y on the map screen. I think Y?

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Evfedu posted:

Yes, it's a separate option before you even go into the item selector. There should be a button listed at the bottom of the map screen.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Tumble posted:

OK, I'm getting into pack-rat territory again and I need to cure my habits (I've got 4 pages of inventory, and I've got 3 pages of food and elixirs), so I need to sell all of my inventory. What stuff should I absolutely not sell? Like, what stuff is hard to come by and is used for upgrades?

Everything can be gotten again. Just judge yourself, how much of this thing do I have? If you only have a couple, they're probably gonna be hard to come by if you ever need them again.

Its hard to say "what should I absolutely not sell" because technically that could be everything. Everything has a use. Nothing is worthless. But you may not even need them. Are you really going to upgrade every armor to 4-star? If so, save everything. If not, then go figure out what you need for the armor you actually like to wear, and then ... save that.

This isn't a question somebody else can answer for you.

Gems are worth a lot but you also need lots of them to make accessories, but you never have to even get accessories. Do you want them? Do you like them? Etc. etc. etc. Same for the entire game.

Food and Elixirs are good things to sell since you make them yourself from parts that are pretty plentiful. Sell until you have a few left to heal off, then go make more.

Megasabin posted:

Earlier in this thread people mentioned Ore veins can respawn. I've had several days and a blood moon go by and that doesn't seem to be the case in my game. Anyone know the answer definitively?

There are things like ore and faeries that do not respawn on blood moon but do respawn intermittently. Nobody knows the exact mechanic yet.

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

2020 is the year of linux on the desktop, bro
Fun Shoe
is there really no korok seed hunt ability

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
I'm exploring the snowy northwest trying to find a tower and having no luck but I'll be damned if scaling every peak for korok seeds isn't fun

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

2020 is the year of linux on the desktop, bro
Fun Shoe
also i still havent another second great fairy besides the one in kakariko. are there any others on the east/north/south parts of the map because i have everything but the west explored

hint as to cardinal direction from plateau for another would be great

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Cool, I got the middle tower without being snipped by guardians

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Suspicious Dish posted:

also i still havent another second great fairy besides the one in kakariko. are there any others on the east/north/south parts of the map because i have everything but the west explored

Cardinal directions for the faeries: (skipping kakariko)

One is in the northeast

One is in the west

One is in the southwest

Zaphod42 fucked around with this message at 19:53 on Mar 12, 2017

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Suspicious Dish posted:

The northeastern region has one.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Zaphod42 posted:

Cardinal directions for the faeries: (skipping kakariko)

One is in the northeast

One is in the west

One is in the southwest

Are they literally placed the same way as the plateau shrines, but on a big scale?

Tumble
Jun 24, 2003
I'm not thinking of anything!

Zaphod42 posted:

Everything can be gotten again. Just judge yourself, how much of this thing do I have? If you only have a couple, they're probably gonna be hard to come by if you ever need them again.

Its hard to say "what should I absolutely not sell" because technically that could be everything. Everything has a use. Nothing is worthless. But you may not even need them. Are you really going to upgrade every armor to 4-star? If so, save everything. If not, then go figure out what you need for the armor you actually like to wear, and then ... save that.

This isn't a question somebody else can answer for you.

Gems are worth a lot but you also need lots of them to make accessories, but you never have to even get accessories. Do you want them? Do you like them? Etc. etc. etc. Same for the entire game.

Food and Elixirs are good things to sell since you make them yourself from parts that are pretty plentiful. Sell until you have a few left to heal off, then go make more.

There are things like ore and faeries that do not respawn on blood moon but do respawn intermittently. Nobody knows the exact mechanic yet.

god damnit i asked a simple question i didn't ask for a philosophy lesson

nah i kid, thank's for the info. I'm just gonna sell everything (apart from gems) to get fat paid, then figure out what i need when i need it. I'll never sell my food though... that's for when I need it.

This game is seriously amazing for getting rid of choice anxiety; almost every solution I've thought of to any problem works if I do it right. It's going to spoil me when I try going back to other games and attempt to be creative with problem-solving.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

To weigh in on the "what should I sell" issue, I'm almost at the end of the game and have never had a problem with money. Here's what I sold:

Ore: tons of amber and opals. They are ridiculously plentiful so just sell them in gigantic chunks. The others are all not that uncommon either. Sell them in smaller chunks but seriously don't be afraid to sell them if you need money. I am not upgrading absolutely everything but I've still needed a fair amount of the more precious ore and have never had a problem with selling them

Monster parts: these are so plentiful that you can make a lot of money and still have enough left over for upgrades and the other slightly secret use for them. Sell moblin fangs and lizalfos horns/talons in particular to make the most money out of plentiful things.

Those are the only two things I ever sold and I was able to easily make all the money I ever needed. You shouldn't need to grind for money at least.

Now the real pain is all the stuff it turns out you need for upgrades that shouldn't be rare but is hard to find. I'm having to track down 15 courser bee honey now and wish I hadn't used them for cooking.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If you get the OOT armor you need a poo poo ton of amber to upgrade it, so like I said, it depends how you play the game :shrug:

Monster parts are good money early game, but then you want to trade them for Mon late game so you can get cool masks and the dark link set.

So ... yeah its hard to say! But you can generally sell anything you have a ton of.

Regy Rusty posted:

Now the real pain is all the stuff it turns out you need for upgrades that shouldn't be rare but is hard to find. I'm having to track down 15 courser bee honey now and wish I hadn't used them for cooking.

Yeah, its real hard to predict what you're going to need before you do.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

SelenicMartian posted:

Are they literally placed the same way as the plateau shrines, but on a big scale?

Not quite. The plateau has one at straight south, there is no fairy straight south.

The west and east ones are too far west and east too. Its not the same.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Is there any downside to mining deposits with bombs? Carried a hammer for a while but used it up in a shrine and never replaced it.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Zaphod42 posted:

If you get the OOT armor you need a poo poo ton of amber to upgrade it, so like I said, it depends how you play the game :shrug:

Monster parts are good money early game, but then you want to trade them for Mon late game so you can get cool masks and the dark link set.

That's the secret use I was referencing, you get so many parts that it's no problem to sell tons for cash and still have tons left for all the Mon you need.

Maan I WISH I got the OOT armor though, I've tapped my Link amiibo every day and only got one piece of the twilight set which im not bothering upgrading cause what's the point without the whole outfit.

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!

Motto posted:

Is there any downside to mining deposits with bombs? Carried a hammer for a while but used it up in a shrine and never replaced it.

Bomb mining on a cliff side tends to send the ore far, far away.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Easiest way to make money is to mash monster parts with a single critter to make a potion. The potions sell value is based on the ingredients used in it, rather than the actual result. For example, a cricket+4 bokoblin horns restores the same stamina as a cricket+4 lizalfos tails. However the lizalfos potion will still sell for more since the lizalfos tails used in it are much more valuable. You can sell monster parts directly, but making them into a potion increases their value and some critters are very easy to catch so its a better investment.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Motto posted:

If you're on a mountain it can blow them off cliffs and make them impossible or annoying to collect. You don't have to use a hammer to mine though, any weapon will do. Big ones are better to break them in one hit obviously.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Motto posted:

Other than the ore possibly flying off the side of a mountain or whatever, no

nah thanks
Jun 18, 2004

Take me out.

This rules, I need to start taking more selfies.

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!
This game must loving hate me, because any time I get near any of the three dragons (basically, when their musical cue would start), I instantly get a blood moon and they disappear.

This is completely reproducible—happens with all the dragons, wherever they spawn, at whatever time of day.

Zoran fucked around with this message at 20:21 on Mar 12, 2017

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Zoran posted:

This game must loving hate me, because any time I get near any of the three dragons (basically, when their musical cue would start), I instantly get a blood moon and they disappear.

This is completely reproducible—happens with all the dragons, wherever they spawn, at whatever time of day.

That is a really bizarre bug

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Suspicious Dish posted:

is there really no korok seed hunt ability

Nope.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Qubee
May 31, 2013

Korok Forest spoiler I unsheathed the Master Sword as I finally got my 13th heart from the Gerudo Valley shrine. I was still in the Gerudo female armour... It was meant to be a really "Wow!" moment but I couldn't stop laughing throughout the entire cutscene cause I was dressed as a foxy Gerudo vai.