Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dangersim
Sep 4, 2011

:qq:He expended too much energy and got tired:qq:

I'M NOT SURPRISED MOTHERFUCKERS
Shogun loving rules

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

afatwhiteloaf
Oct 19, 2012

Dangersim posted:

Shogun loving rules

Agreed. That final flurry was amazing.

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

afatwhiteloaf posted:

Agreed. That final flurry was amazing.

My favorite thing about Shogun was always how when he has someone on the ropes he throws all his finishing strikes at different angles so they can't just shell up and wait. Most dudes just kind of wing 1-2s and hooks Baroni-style.

Thrifting Day!
Nov 25, 2006

Watching last nights card had me reminiscing on PRIDE and the glory days. Then I seen UFC are running a tribute week next month on fightpass which should be great.

Whatever happened to Ricardo Arona?

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010
I obtain sexual gratification from observing people being inflicted with violent head injuries

Thrifting Day! posted:

Whatever happened to Ricardo Arona?

He retired to be a sexy surfer iirc

Dangersim
Sep 4, 2011

Also that might be the cleanest flying knee I've ever seen

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
The timing was so good.

manyak
Jan 26, 2006
He even ate a hard jab and then immediately landed it so he was thinking about it way in advance, he must have seen a big tell

Dangersim
Sep 4, 2011

manyak posted:

He even ate a hard jab and then immediately landed it so he was thinking about it way in advance, he must have seen a big tell

Yeah I haven't seen the whole fight but it looks like Dariush must have been shooting right after that jab for a while, he starts throwing the knee the instant he sees it, before the shot even starts.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
Sharing these from the schadenfreude thread because I don't even give a gently caress.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

"I AINT DYING! Choo choo motherfucker!"
:toot::birddrugs::toot:

Memento posted:

Sharing these from the schadenfreude thread because I don't even give a gently caress.

She spikes him into his death. Dayum.

Dangersim
Sep 4, 2011

Fireman's carries are so dope

Even getting hit with one it's like "haha cool". (As long as you don't land on your head like that guy).

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

If you want a vision of the future...

Dangersim posted:

Fireman's carries are so dope

Even getting hit with one it's like "haha cool". (As long as you don't land on your head like that guy).

That's a drop shoulder/collar throw, not a fireman's carry :eng101:

Lord Waffle Beard
Dec 7, 2013
Time for a shogun vs bisping super fight

Dangersim
Sep 4, 2011

Mechafunkzilla posted:

That's a drop shoulder/collar throw, not a fireman's carry :eng101:

What's the difference?

Edit: Actually looking at it looks kinda like a seio nage? That'd from.a trained eye though, I don't really have much of a wrestling or judo background.

Dangersim fucked around with this message at 00:06 on Mar 13, 2017

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

If you want a vision of the future...

Dangersim posted:

What's the difference?

Edit: Actually looking at it looks kinda like a seio nage? That'd from.a trained eye though, I don't really have much of a wrestling or judo background.

Yeah, it's a drop seio nage -- seio nage just means "shoulder throw" in Japanese. You can do basically the same throw without the arm if you have a collar or lapel grip. Fireman's carry is a completely different thing that involves loading the opponent on your shoulders and lifting them as you roll:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7vqkncNJzyw

Mechafunkzilla fucked around with this message at 00:12 on Mar 13, 2017

Novum
May 26, 2012

That's how we roll
She knows exactly what she's doing too. She sets him up for it first.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

There is nothing like the feeling of when you know you are going for a ride, and just have to pray nothing awful happens. As a large built guy, I'm not used to be hurled like a sack of angry owls.

Dangersim
Sep 4, 2011

Captain Log posted:

There is nothing like the feeling of when you know you are going for a ride, and just have to pray nothing awful happens. As a large built guy, I'm not used to be hurled like a sack of angry owls.

We used to do an mma drill where everyone would form a circle and one guy would go in the middle. The coach would yell out one person's name and that person would rush the guy in the middle and try to take him down. Sometimes he would come from behind you and poo poo. Many times I experienced the miracle of flight.

Dangersim
Sep 4, 2011

Yeah And if you get to that point of no return where you're gonna get tossed the best thing to do is just let it happen and prepare to breakfall.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

During my tiny little BJJ training time a 150lb or so Brazilian threw me and I landed right on my head. Right now I weigh around 320 and I was bigger then. Pretty sure I had a concussion, I felt like poo poo for a week. Some of those types could be 50lbs a throw a UPS truck. It's genuinely awesome.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

Dangersim posted:

Yeah And if you get to that point of no return where you're gonna get tossed the best thing to do is just let it happen and prepare to breakfall.

It's weird but knowing how to fall has saved me so much pain throughout my life. I started learning that in loving theater and being a nerdy LARP boy in high school.

I know this is more grappling thread-y, but if you are sizing someone up watching how graceful (or not) they are in falling contains a lot of information.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Break falls own for not eating poo poo.

Dangersim
Sep 4, 2011

Ya break falling has saved my rear end multiple times in the real world. It's good they drill it into you until it's just your natural reaction if you fall, regardless of if your getting tossed or you slipped on some ice.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

Dangersim posted:

Ya break falling has saved my rear end multiple times in the real world. It's good they drill it into you until it's just your natural reaction if you fall, regardless of if your getting tossed or you slipped on some ice.

No joke, I have witnesses to this - I once feel down a flight of stairs while accidentally duct taped to old crutches without making enough noise for a couple hundred nearby people to hear.

jay z's sedan
Nov 22, 2005

milk truck just arrive

manyak posted:

We need fewer guys fighting anyone on short notice in whatever weightclass and never pulling out of fights. And more guys saying "My brother Bilou he have a retardation" on social media and then pulling out of a fight with Darel Horcher 15 times

lmao

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

Captain Log posted:

No joke, I have witnesses to this - I once feel down a flight of stairs while accidentally duct taped to old crutches without making enough noise for a couple hundred nearby people to hear.

If you could, please explain. In detail.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Captain Log posted:

Ilu man

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

Eat This Glob posted:

If you could, please explain. In detail.

I was in a play that was set around the Turn of the Century and a lot of effort was put into having "period" props. I broke my ankle during the production and they found these old wooden beat to gently caress crutches for me to use. They had no rubber anywhere on them and I could barely get around. The director told the stage manager I was having a hard time gripping with the crutches. She heard, "He is having a hard time holding the crutches" and put a poo poo load of duct tape on the handles, facing outwards, before a performance.

I went out to do my bit and had my hands on the crutches the whole time. I was also sixteen and loving loaded on pain medication. Our backstage was down a flight of stairs. Multiple times I would gently caress up going down them but I would just drop the crutches and wait, silently clutching the rail, for someone to help me down.

Well, this time I started to fall, and just silently waved my arms attached to ancient crutches as I fell head over heels about three times into the backstage area. People heard a lot of thuds, but apparently as I landed I was whisper yelling, "Be quiet! Be quiet!"

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

USADA is getting in the way of Mighty Mouse's streaming schedule again

https://twitter.com/MightyMouseUFC/status/841116164101038080

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

Rigel posted:

USADA is getting in the way of Mighty Mouse's streaming schedule again

https://twitter.com/MightyMouseUFC/status/841116164101038080

A noble piss collection.

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

Captain Log posted:

I was in a play that was set around the Turn of the Century and a lot of effort was put into having "period" props. I broke my ankle during the production and they found these old wooden beat to gently caress crutches for me to use. They had no rubber anywhere on them and I could barely get around. The director told the stage manager I was having a hard time gripping with the crutches. She heard, "He is having a hard time holding the crutches" and put a poo poo load of duct tape on the handles, facing outwards, before a performance.

I went out to do my bit and had my hands on the crutches the whole time. I was also sixteen and loving loaded on pain medication. Our backstage was down a flight of stairs. Multiple times I would gently caress up going down them but I would just drop the crutches and wait, silently clutching the rail, for someone to help me down.

Well, this time I started to fall, and just silently waved my arms attached to ancient crutches as I fell head over heels about three times into the backstage area. People heard a lot of thuds, but apparently as I landed I was whisper yelling, "Be quiet! Be quiet!"

Well, it makes sense. Thank you for indulging me.

Lord Waffle Beard
Dec 7, 2013
So Vitor next fight is his last fight, who should he fight, I say nate marquardt

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

Lord Waffle Beard posted:

So Vitor next fight is his last fight, who should he fight, I say nate marquardt

Someone who'll be the poo poo out of him. So, marquardt I guess.

manyak
Jan 26, 2006
Michael bisping

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

Is tonight the greatest moment in Dominick Cruz's life?

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.
USADA seems to target mighty mouse more often than any other fighter.

SquirrelGrip
Jul 4, 2012

manyak posted:

Michael bisping

this

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Bubba Smith posted:

Nahh, he just posts about it a lot because he interacts with the fans a lot.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

Bubba Smith posted:

Is it that, or is it that he announces getting his piss collected more than other fighters due to it interrupting his videogame streaming stuff?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Pretty sure Mighty Mouse is the only Twitch streamer being drug tested.

• Locked thread