Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe
Oh WHAT THE gently caress, Hush? Why the gently caress did you just stay in the floor with one hit of damage left, while firing bullet hell nonstop, and back me into a corner? Seriously, what in the loving kind of garbage is that?

It was literally one more hit and he'd be dead, and I could go to The Void and win with Keeper, but he would surface again, and just kept firing bullets off and closing in on me. That seemed broken as hell.

Edit: Can someone walk me through the steps of downloading a complete save and using it to unlock all the achievements/items with it? I'm throwing in the towel for good.

Jamesman fucked around with this message at 03:40 on Mar 8, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
I think he goes underground until you kill all of the enemies he has spawned. There was probably a blob in the corner you didn't see.

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe

RatHat posted:

I think he goes underground until you kill all of the enemies he has spawned. There was probably a blob in the corner you didn't see.

I had massive scythes and endless blue flies, among other things. I'm not saying it's impossible there was something I wasn't hitting, but I'd be very surprised.

Regardless, gently caress this game.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Jamesman posted:

I had massive scythes and endless blue flies, among other things. I'm not saying it's impossible there was something I wasn't hitting, but I'd be very surprised.

Regardless, gently caress this game.

I had something like that happen yesterday. Was Hush slowed at all?

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

Fun Shoe

Grapplejack posted:

I had something like that happen yesterday. Was Hush slowed at all?

Indirectly. I had Censer (and BFF, so it gave off a huge aura).

AbstractNapper
Jun 5, 2011

I can help
Today's daily is Samson and is really fun. You get pyromaniac at the first item room and you can get small rock from the tinted rock before the boss.

You can get many damage ups and regen items (20-20, cricket's head, tough love, maw of the void, athame), the satanic bible, and there are bombs all over the place. You can get Eye of greed from a secret room (I think second floor and you will need a bomb to access it), but I don't really understand that item because I kept losing more money than I gained... Probably because I like to fire my tears even when no enemy is around.

You can also get the shovel from the first deal with the devil (2nd floor) to go past the goal (Which is just Mom's foot) ... I just did the boss rush after the mom fight and ended it there.

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

A bracing glass of carrot juice!

AbstractNapper posted:

but I don't really understand that item because I kept losing more money than I gained... Probably because I like to fire my tears even when no enemy is around.

Every yellow tear you fire costs you a coin.

AbstractNapper
Jun 5, 2011

I can help

MrL_JaKiri posted:

Every yellow tear you fire costs you a coin.

Yes, I thought as much (although I was unsure if it was costing one coin or a random -small- amount). But overall I kept losing money even when killing enemies that were still under the (basically Midas touch) freeze effect. Because I also shoot tears in rooms with no enemies out of bad habit.

It also seems to still shoot the special tears when I was at zero money....

So, I ended up leaving most coins on the floors to gather them up and visit the shop after I had fought everything.

KingShiro
Jan 10, 2008

EH?!?!?!
That was a good easy daily to trigger Dedication.

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Dang so this is like looking over his shoulder in real-time
Grimey Drawer
For some reason, seeing a box version of Isaac on the shelves at GameStop today made me happy. There were four games on the shelf: Bomberman, Zelda, 1-2 Switch, and Isaac. I'm still not paying $40 for the same game I already have, and I actually never want to go through getting most of what's necessary for 1000000% again. Maybe if it ever drops to $20 and there's some way to import a save with everything unlocked.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Has there been any news about Antibirth getting official support with AB+? That would be pretty awesome.

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe
I don't think there's been anything new on that front. Currently Kilburn is working on the antibirth bugfix patch. It was supposed to be out like weeks ago but it seems to be taking an extra special long time.

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

You have been a most worthy adversary, but in every game, there are winners and there are losers. And as you know, in this game, losers get robotizicized!
I guess amnesia makes the negative not spawn on mom? I had a pretty great loadout going sigh

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Ok Eye of Greed is actually pretty good if you have a decent fire rate. I always thought it looked really poo poo but then I learned it stuns bosses too.

AbstractNapper
Jun 5, 2011

I can help
Today's daily is Azazel, to Womb 2. (You can get plenty of Ehwaz runes and the shovel, and there are also a few sacrifice rooms around -- I think the last I saw was either on Womb 1 or Womb 2)

The run is easily breakable. Second floor is curse of the blind, but if you get the arcade, and bloody penny (I think this was either in the challenge room or the Super Secret room -- on the left before the boss) you can get lots of coins (I got up to 99). The item in the bottom row of the shop is Sack of Sacks, and then if you re-roll the items you can get Humblin bundle and other good items...

At some point later on I got Blank Card (I think another floor, with no curse), Moma Mega, Re-stock, Rune bag etc....

And that was Marathon for me. Overall it was fun. Five days straight with the only challenging Daily being the Judas one, because I entered the boss fight too soon and it was Rag Man.

Now onwards for dedication.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
There's a Tammy's Head on a golden chest in N2. Enough said.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

AbstractNapper posted:

At some point later on I got Blank Card (I think another floor, with no curse),

I got this on B2's shop after re-rolling a number of times. I'm going to keep using that IV bag to try to buy everything.

EDIT: Sackhead before the reroll machine died in B2.

IUG fucked around with this message at 19:21 on Mar 9, 2017

KingShiro
Jan 10, 2008

EH?!?!?!
I have ruined trying to get "It's a key" achievement so many times whenever I get close enough to the finish :argh:

Danger - Octopus!
Apr 20, 2008

Nap Ghost

Dias posted:

There's a Tammy's Head on a golden chest in N2. Enough said.

It gets ridiculous.

raocow
Apr 23, 2007

Keen Dreams

Please give me a chance to be a better person. -Willhart
I'm getting really bummed at greedier mode :(
I honestly probably would have downloaded a savefile by now if any link ever didn't look super sketchy.

Wrist Watch
Apr 19, 2011

What?

Can't you just use steam achievement manager to unlock all the achievements and hit F2 or whatever on the stats screen to unlock everything?

I haven't done it myself, but all the unlocks are tied to achievements anyway. I don't see why it shouldn't work. It wouldn't fill out post its or mark off achievements, but you'd still have the items unlocked.

Your Gay Uncle
Feb 16, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
I just got an Angel statue but it was in a Devil Room. I didn't have any bombs, do you get anything from it or is it just a weird glitch?

Dr. Mantis Toboggan
May 5, 2003

Your Gay Uncle posted:

I just got an Angel statue but it was in a Devil Room. I didn't have any bombs, do you get anything from it or is it just a weird glitch?

It's not a bug; it's intended that there is a rare chance that there is an angel statue instead of a devil statue. If I recall correctly, you can bomb it to start an angel fight but you do NOT get a Key Piece (or any other reward).

AbstractNapper
Jun 5, 2011

I can help

Dr. Mantis Toboggan posted:

If I recall correctly, you can bomb it to start an angel fight but you do NOT get a Key Piece (or any other reward).
You don't get a key, but I think you can get some reward/ drop.
Same goes for Super Secret Room Angel statues.

that ivy guy
May 20, 2015

Dr. Mantis Toboggan posted:

It's not a bug; it's intended that there is a rare chance that there is an angel statue instead of a devil statue. If I recall correctly, you can bomb it to start an angel fight but you do NOT get a Key Piece (or any other reward).

you do get a small amount of points, like clearing a mob trap room. good for dailies, at least.

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Royalty is a continuous ripping and tearing motion.

Fun Shoe
Jacob's Ladder isn't locked by anything, right? I have yet to see it, and that's the only non-locked item added in AB+ I have yet to see.

KingShiro
Jan 10, 2008

EH?!?!?!
Okay it's weird that you can't unlock Brown Nugget by just doing Greedier mode instead of just Greed mode but whatever. Got all the item unlocks now, missing 4 for the new ultra platinum god ex plus alpha

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Today's Daily is ??? to Satan/Lamb (upside down cross, not sure which one that is). In depths one there's Dead Cat, and if you get the devil deal, there's Guppy's tail. I haven't gone further yet.

I was given the prayer card at some point earlier, and that lets me have enough health. In depths 1 I picked up 9 Lives, and found a room with a black soul heart drop that I waited until I lost all my hearts. Then I found the top secret room with 3 black hearts in it. There's also the mining cap to help you find the room (it's in the south next to the shop).

EDIT: I have the left hand for more red chests. In Depths 2 you get a challenge room with 3 chests. Opening them will send you to a devil deal with Dark Bum.

EDIT 2: Guppy's Head from a red chest right before Mom. Might need the Left Hand in order for it to drop.

I got Guppy's Collar just before It Lives, and Guppy's Paw just after beating it in N1.

IUG fucked around with this message at 19:49 on Mar 10, 2017

AbstractNapper
Jun 5, 2011

I can help
Can the "It's the key" achievement be unlocked in a victory lap? (probably not, eh?)

It's the only one I don't have other than dedication, and the "1000000%" one.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Today's daily is a Lost Mega-Satan run. Yeah....

EDIT: Caves 2 treasure room is Epic Fetus.
EDIT2: Died on Mom's Heart :(

RatHat fucked around with this message at 03:05 on Mar 13, 2017

scourgeofthe7bees
Jun 21, 2008

RatHat posted:

Today's daily is a Lost Mega-Satan run. Yeah....

EDIT: Caves 2 treasure room is Epic Fetus.
EDIT2: Died on Mom's Heart :(

I took the six room, forgetting it would take the holy mantle...

Harminoff
Oct 24, 2005

👽
Edmund did an interview on Duncan Trussells podcast which was...um...interesting I guess.

http://www.duncantrussell.com/episodes/

Crackbone
May 23, 2003

Vlaada is my co-pilot.

Harminoff posted:

Edmund did an interview on Duncan Trussells podcast which was...um...interesting I guess.

http://www.duncantrussell.com/episodes/

How about you just say what's interesting about it instead of linking two hours of bullshit?

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

Crackbone posted:

How about you just say what's interesting about it instead of linking two hours of bullshit?

Jesus dude... How about you take it easy with the internet tough guy poo poo?

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Crackbone posted:

Let's be relaxed friend, this is the BOI thread :D

flyboi
Oct 13, 2005

agg stop posting
College Slice
Are we gonna start a betting pool on how broken the switch version of BoI will be and how long it will take for any of the bugs to be fixed?

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Today's daily is really rough in the beginning(Ragman on first floor) but if you stick it out there's 2 Guppy items in the 1st Devil room and Dead Cat in the 2nd. I was able to get the 2nd Devil Room even though I got hit during the floor too.

Vadun
Mar 9, 2011

I'm hungrier than a green snake in a sugar cane field.

Crackbone posted:

The interview starts at about the 35 minute mark. Before then, is 10 minutes of rambling and 25 minutes of rambling about his sponsors.

Not sure I'm going to listen to the whole Edmund segment, but it seems to be more about his entire career as a game creator rather than the thought process behind games.

I'm not sure I'd call any of it interesting unless you want to learn about Edmund himself rather than the games

senrath
Nov 4, 2009

Look Professor, a destruct switch!

flyboi posted:

Are we gonna start a betting pool on how broken the switch version of BoI will be and how long it will take for any of the bugs to be fixed?

Put me down for "multiple easy to trigger crash bugs" and "never".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

g0lbez
Dec 25, 2004

and then you'll beg
so when are these booster packs supposed to come out?