Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
I just got back from a really nice hike to this waterfall in Malibu with my fiancee and now imma eat some leftover pizza and drink vodka

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheSpamalope
Dec 30, 2008

by sebmojo
Lipstick Apathy

Nooner posted:

I just got back from a really nice hike to this waterfall in Malibu with my fiancee and now imma eat some leftover pizza and drink vodka

I eat a pizza bun and drink ipa. Lol I'm poorer than you Nooner

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

Eating some homemade 'ritos drinking a nice non-alcoholic Pepsi like my doggy!

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
I'm drinking water and trying to figure out something to do. I actually broke down all the boxes for recycling that took up a significant part of my kitchen. I unsuccessfully tried to OC my video card an hour ago. LOTR is on TV and I'm obligated to watch it no matter how many times I've seen it. If I get the motivation, I might try cleaning off the coffee table or something. It's a mess though. I'm probably going to play that flight sim again. You have to be pretty focused or you die. Last night when I played with goons, I was on the runway ready to go, and my right engine started on fire for no reason and I exploded. The sim is kinda hard for me.

I also took just a couple weed pills to help calm me down later since they take a while to kick in. I'm smoking less now and am out of the pills, but I still want to be off of everything. Even weed. Well weed in moderation. It seems I can't do that with booze.

What are you guys doing tonight?

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

Watching Tickled on HBO GO. If you have HBO GO watch it because holy poo poo lmao

nomad2020
Jan 30, 2007

I'm messaging from the promised land of legal pot. Job hunting leads me to believe I shouldn't have traded in my alcoholic card all those years ago.

Twat McTwatterson
May 31, 2011

nomad2020 posted:

I'm messaging from the promised land of legal pot. Job hunting leads me to believe I shouldn't have traded in my alcoholic card all those years ago.

yeah its amazing, just cuz marijuana is legal in your state dont mean you cant be fired... so i guess you cant smoke pot

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Pennywise the Frown posted:

I'm drinking water and trying to figure out something to do. I actually broke down all the boxes for recycling that took up a significant part of my kitchen. I unsuccessfully tried to OC my video card an hour ago. LOTR is on TV and I'm obligated to watch it no matter how many times I've seen it. If I get the motivation, I might try cleaning off the coffee table or something. It's a mess though. I'm probably going to play that flight sim again. You have to be pretty focused or you die. Last night when I played with goons, I was on the runway ready to go, and my right engine started on fire for no reason and I exploded. The sim is kinda hard for me.

I also took just a couple weed pills to help calm me down later since they take a while to kick in. I'm smoking less now and am out of the pills, but I still want to be off of everything. Even weed. Well weed in moderation. It seems I can't do that with booze.

well im not cross addicting, so pretty good. how are you, oh nevermind failing again i see. well catch you later dumbfuck

SpaceClown
Feb 13, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

trying to function with the lights off upstairs for as long as possible and im pretty sure i might be getting owned but too busy getting unowned to care.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

dad gay. so what posted:

well im not cross addicting, so pretty good. how are you, oh nevermind failing again i see. well catch you later dumbfuck

Well at least you are reliable.

SpaceClown
Feb 13, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
lookin good penny

i hope you arent forgetting to exercise every day and eat healthy

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

Well at least you are reliable.

Well you are treating one addiction with another, then attempting to justify it.

SpaceClown
Feb 13, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
he doesn't need to justify poo poo tbh

nothing wrong with what he's doing.

also loving lol that you think being psychologically addicted to weed is poo poo.

Nonviolent J
Jul 20, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Soiled Meat
I only drink on saturdays now and it's good but sucks

SpaceClown
Feb 13, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
"Oh man, I'm so addicted to WEED dude, I'm out there every day fighting off the weed withdrawals and it's just so horrible... I.... I can't take it anymore!! I'll just have to suck some dick for cash to get my weed fix. Then I'll worry about weening myself off of it! Yeah... yeah...."

Yo penny be careful or else you'll end up like ^THAT^

TheSpamalope
Dec 30, 2008

by sebmojo
Lipstick Apathy

I'm drinking tonight. Four Winds IPA. Thre first drink was just like ahhh nothing in the world compares you know?

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

SpaceClown posted:

"Oh man, I'm so addicted to WEED dude, I'm out there every day fighting off the weed withdrawals and it's just so horrible... I.... I can't take it anymore!! I'll just have to suck some dick for cash to get my weed fix. Then I'll worry about weening myself off of it! Yeah... yeah...."

Yo penny be careful or else you'll end up like ^THAT^

Uh, what is wrong with you? I said nothing like that. Addiction doesn't mean withdrawal and dick sucking. I just suggested that perhaps dealing with one dependency by relying on another is not healthy.

You are seriously overreacting and projecting some weird issues.

Nonviolent J
Jul 20, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Soiled Meat
Spaceclown is projecting his own anger about his own addiction

Nonviolent J
Jul 20, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Soiled Meat
Get that negativity out of here, this is a safe place

ham_sanitizer
Jul 12, 2014

professional swine bather
weed sucks my rear end and balls

ham_sanitizer
Jul 12, 2014

hi, im ham sanitizer. haven't had a drink in about a year and a half.

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

ham_sanitizer posted:

hi, im ham sanitizer. haven't had a drink in about a year and a half.

hi. how did you do it?

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

satanic splash-back posted:

Well you are treating one addiction with another, then attempting to justify it.

Where am I trying to justify that now?

ham_sanitizer
Jul 12, 2014

dad gay. so what posted:

hi. how did you do it?

i quit along with my brother who was also a minor league alcoholic and substituted running, lifting, meditation and reading.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
Good for you ham!

ham_sanitizer
Jul 12, 2014

by minor league i mean roughly a half bottle of whiskey nightly and getting blackout every weekend. never had a dui or anything, just wanted to stop passing out at 9:30 pm every night.

SpaceClown
Feb 13, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
i have one addiction and one addiction only and that's alternating between being an okay poster and one of the worst posters apparently

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

SpaceClown posted:

i have one addiction and one addiction only and that's alternating between being an okay poster and one of the worst posters apparently

maybe your delusional because I've never seen any evidence of the former

SpaceClown
Feb 13, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

500 good dogs posted:

maybe your delusional because I've never seen any evidence of the former

its rare and it usually only happens when things aren't going so great outside of the forums and I have to actually put more thought into my posts than smashing my head against the keyboard and seeing if I like the result.

Nonviolent J
Jul 20, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Soiled Meat
If that is your addiction, then welcome friend,

ham_sanitizer
Jul 12, 2014

guys im coming off a twitter lurking addiction and want to get back to a forums posting addiction. help me get the taste for posting again.

SpaceClown
Feb 13, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
dont bother. stick with twitter or try to wean on reddit lurking or something tbh.

psychadelics are probably better for your mental health than posting here I've begun to theorize.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

SpaceClown posted:

dont bother. stick with twitter or try to wean on reddit lurking or something tbh.

psychadelics are probably better for your mental health than posting here I've begun to theorize.

You're not wrong.

Spunky Junior Reporter!
Jul 27, 2011

Fun Shoe
rlol im drunk as hell right nwo

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

SpaceClown posted:

anything psychadelics are is probably better for your mental health than posting here I've begun to theorize.

ham_sanitizer
Jul 12, 2014

is there any time sucking posting website that doesn't drive you insane

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

ham_sanitizer posted:

I loving hope not.

SpaceClown
Feb 13, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
getting (mostly) sober and my poo poo (mostly) together was easier than being a good poster here.

i think i might just exhile to e/n cause im a melodromatic dramaqueen baby who can't just shut the hell up.
stay sober penny and everybody else itt who has that goal, i need to loving sleep. today was an exercise of iron will to not take another doseage of speed to fix my issues.

ham_sanitizer posted:

toms hardware

the remaining newsgroup bbses

:shrug:

TheSpamalope
Dec 30, 2008

by sebmojo
Lipstick Apathy

Spunky Junior Reporter! posted:

rlol im drunk as hell right nwo

gently caress yeah

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheSpamalope
Dec 30, 2008

by sebmojo
Lipstick Apathy

SpaceClown posted:

getting (mostly) sober and my poo poo (mostly) together was easier than being a good poster here.

i think i might just exhile to e/n cause im a melodromatic dramaqueen baby who can't just shut the hell up.
stay sober penny and everybody else itt who has that goal, i need to loving sleep. today was an exercise of iron will to not take another doseage of speed to fix my issues.

toms hardware

the remaining newsgroup bbses

:shrug:

If it was gonna fix things you should have done it. There's still time

• Locked thread