Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Alaois posted:

no i'm saying that unironically, gently caress Michigan and everyone who roots for em

Oh, I thought you were a Michigan fan :downs: Whoops.

But yeah, who did they beat last year that was of note: Wisconsin. Everyone else was... well Michigan State took a tremendous poo poo, Rutgers and Maryland have been also rans in CFB and only got added for basketball and I have no clue in Rutgers' case.

When has Indiana been relevant in CFB?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

iospace posted:

But yeah, who did they beat last year that was of note: Wisconsin. Everyone else was... well Michigan State took a tremendous poo poo, Rutgers and Maryland have been also rans in CFB and only got added for basketball and I have no clue in Rutgers' case.

As it turns out Colorado was pretty good, although Michigan was the first to hurt their starting QB and they weren't as good without him. I guess Penn State was ok too, although unlike Colorado I don't think they were flying under the radar when they played Michigan, they just kinda sucked for a while and got better later in the season.

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Harbaugh understands the need for support from the government for the legal needs of our nation's destitute.
Dabo thinks paying players will make them even more entitled

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

I'm still grumpy that Ohio State went to the playoffs and going to cite the Rose Bowl as evidence that Penn State would have at least scored against Clemson.

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

http://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/the-unregulated-world-of-strength-coaches-and-college-footballs-killing-season/

quote:

When three Oregon football players were hospitalized in January following a strenuous workout, they were being led by a strength coach certified from a track and field coaches association.

For a $245 fee, the U.S. Track and Field and Cross Country Coaches Association (USTFCCCA) offers a 21-hour strength training course to become a certified NCAA strength coach in any sport. By comparison, the widely-used Collegiate Strength and Conditioning Coaches Association (CSCCA) requires 30 times as much training -- a 640-hour certification process.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Honestly, they need to make the playoffs 8 teams and give each conf champ an auto bid, the top G5 team a spot, and two at large.

But of course that's a good idea and as long as Jim Delaney is running the big ten, nope.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

iospace posted:

Honestly, they need to make the playoffs 8 teams and give each conf champ an auto bid, the top G5 team a spot, and two at large.

But of course that's a good idea and as long as Jim Delaney is running the big ten, nope.

While I agree, the problem is that by the NCG, the top two teams will have played 12 regular season games, most likely a CCG, then 3 more games in the playoffs. The only plausible solution would be cutting the regular season back a game or two, but even that gives a ton of scheduling and rivalry issues. It could be done, but there are also revenue streams to think of. Or we could just gently caress amateurism and player safety and make teenagers play the equivalent of a full NFL season.

Edit: The NFL probably wouldn't like it either. NFL ratings fell while college went up, and now you are cutting into their playoffs where they are used to being the only game in town. On top of that, front offices would get tired of having to evaluate more and more injured players due to more games.

swickles fucked around with this message at 05:46 on Mar 13, 2017

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

rhabdo is oveblown as poo poo but nike has been trying to compete with reebok wrt crossfit forever and i guarantee this guy has his L1.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

iospace posted:

Oh, I thought you were a Michigan fan :downs: Whoops.

When has Indiana been relevant in CFB?

They beat the poo poo out of Penn State and Colorado proved to be a much tougher non-conference opponent than anticipated.

Like I hate Michigan more than anything and I know TFF's mantra is that every single college football team is bad but Michigan were very very good.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Henchman of Santa posted:

They beat the poo poo out of Penn State and Colorado proved to be a much tougher non-conference opponent than anticipated.

To be fair at that time Penn State was really bad.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.
Clemson would have done bad things to Michigan. That DL would have terrorized Speight.

Crotch Bat fucked around with this message at 06:56 on Mar 13, 2017

The Big Jesus
Oct 29, 2007

#essereFerrari
To the guy who was asking what games to watch:

Spacemonkey57
Dec 1, 2004
Ohio State didn't deserve that slot, but I don't know who did. USC had three losses, I understand snubbing Penn State since they deserve terrible karmic retribution until the sun explodes. Michigan would have been stupid. They probably should have put Pitt in.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

The Big Jesus posted:

To the guy who was asking what games to watch:

It's not immediately clear from this, but Tennessee won. That ending was magical.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

loving Georgia

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
Best game of the year IMO. One of my best friends had a wedding that day and we got to the reception area just after halftime. There wasn't a single person in the reception area, everyone was in the bar area watching the game including bride and groom. It was me, one other Tennessee fan and ~50 Georgia fans.

After the UGA touchdown with like 15 seconds left, a buddy came over to me and said "good game, that was tough". I said that there was still time left on the clock - half jokingly, thinking we could at least get a field goal to tie it. Never could have thought what was about to happen would happen. When it did I just stood there in disbelief waiting for a flag or something to call the TD back.

The guy I went to UT with tackled me - both of us in tuxes. I couldn't quit grinning. The UGA fans were gracious losers and just kept saying they couldn't believe it happened - probably helped that I wasn't an rear end in a top hat about it though.

Joey Freshwater fucked around with this message at 18:25 on Mar 13, 2017

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

https://twitter.com/APEastRegion/status/841319443393318912

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Deadspin posted:

The charge Schultz and Curley pleaded guilty to is a misdemeanor charge that carries a maximum penalty of a $100,000 fine and five years in prison. According to PennLive, the judge presiding over the case made it clear that there was no agreement in place that would limit his sentencing power over Schultz and Curley in exchange for their pleas.

Good.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
I am glad they are going to be sentenced, but what is the point of entering a guilty plea without some kind of understanding what the sentence will be, isn't that the point of a plea bargain?

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

swickles posted:

I am glad they are going to be sentenced, but what is the point of entering a guilty plea without some kind of understanding what the sentence will be, isn't that the point of a plea bargain?

Guessing they'll plead guilty to misdemeanors instead of going to trial over felonies, but i'm not a lawyer

E: further explanation from a comment on deadspin

quote:

18 Pa.C.S.A. 1104. Sentence of imprisonment for misdemeanors.

A person who has been convicted of a misdemeanor may be sentenced to imprisonment for a definite term which shall be fixed by the court and shall not be more than:

(1) Five years in the case of a misdemeanor of the first degree.

(2) Two years in the case of a misdemeanor of the second degree.

(3) One year in the case of a misdemeanor of the third degree.

18 Pa.C.S.A. 4304. Endangering welfare of children.

(a) Offense defined.

(2) A person commits an offense if the person, in an official capacity, prevents or interferes with teh making of a report of suspected child abuse under 23 Pa.C.S. Ch. 63 (relating to child protective services).

(b) Grading. An offense under this section constitute a misdemeanor of the first degree. However, where there is a course of conduct of endangering the welfare of a child, the offense constitutes a felony of the third degree.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Spanier will do some card tricks, then disappear into a cloud of smoke accompanied by Dixieland music.

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost

Joey Freshwater posted:

Best game of the year IMO. One of my best friends had a wedding that day and we got to the reception area just after halftime. There wasn't a single person in the reception area, everyone was in the bar area watching the game including bride and groom. It was me, one other Tennessee fan and ~50 Georgia fans.

After the UGA touchdown with like 15 seconds left, a buddy came over to me and said "good game, that was tough". I said that there was still time left on the clock - half jokingly, thinking we could at least get a field goal to tie it. Never could have thought what was about to happen would happen. When it did I just stood there in disbelief waiting for a flag or something to call the TD back.

The guy I went to UT with tackled me - both of us in tuxes. I couldn't quit grinning. The UGA fans were gracious losers and just kept saying they couldn't believe it happened - probably helped that I wasn't an rear end in a top hat about it though.

I was crying in my bathroom when Georgia scored that tv then I pooped my pants when Jennings caught the TD

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

Demon Of The Fall posted:

I pooped my pants when Jennings caught the TD

in the finest goon tradition

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Jim Harbaugh: still a loon

quote:

Jim and his family drove up to John’s cottage in Lake Huron for Memorial Day weekend. Jim brought his kids, and the group decided to play a fun game of hoops in the driveway. Those involved in the game were Jim, John, Jim’s wife, John’s wife, a 2-year-old boy, a 6-year-old girl, a 4-year-old girl, and a 13-year-old girl. According to John, this is how the game went down:

We’re playing, and you can picture the kind of game it is, right? Allison [the 13-year-old] happens to hit a couple jumpers and we’re playing to seven, and we’re up maybe 5-1. Next thing you know, Jim starts going over the top of Allison for rebounds, he’s boxing her out 10 feet away from the basket. Next thing you know, it’s 5-5 and Jim has made all the shots for his team of course. I’m like, you know, maybe Addy would like to touch the ball? Maybe Katie or Jack could dribble a little bit now and then? It goes 6-6 and a long rebound comes out the side, he goes and gets it. I see Allison happens to be over there, so I see him going to the basket, he’s going to take Allison to the hole, you know, he’s about 6'3", 235, so I’m going to go cut him off. I get him with my right arm bar across his chest and I’m trying to body check him into the pricker bushes behind the driveway, and he just powers his way to the basket, lays one over the top, a reverse layup off the board, and all he could talk about is how he won. He picks up Jack and says, “Doesn’t it feel great, Jack, to win? Doesn’t it feel great to win?” An hour later we were crossing paths in the backyard to go get a soda or something, and he looks me right in the eye and he says, “Hey John, have you won anything yet?”

Spintzel
Dec 31, 2007

Distractions makes it better when ya take up the ENTIRE ROAD
Notable Baylor rapist and still piece of human trash Tre'Von Armstead finding his way back into the news!

Supposedly he pushed a woman, got confronted by cops, and then after they got him in the back of the cop car kicked out the window.

http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/03/13/former-baylor-te-trevon-armstead-arrested-on-multiple-charges-in-las-vegas/

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.

It's as if Asperger's sprang to life and started drinking milk before us.

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

Some dude on reddit made a full on, 507 team, circle of suck for the 2016-17 season. This hellbeast of a circle includes teams from NCAA D1, D2, D3, and NAIA. We are clearly in the depths of the offseason, y'all. The circle is as follows:

prepare to roll your eyes posted:

Clemson > Alabama > Washington > Colorado > Oregon State > Oregon > Utah > Southern Cal > Penn State > Ohio State > Michigan > Wisconsin > Nebraska > Indiana > Maryland > UCF > East Carolina > Connecticut > Cincinnati > Purdue > Illinois > Michigan State > Notre Dame > Syracuse > Virginia Tech > Miami > Georgia Tech > Boston College > NC State > Wake Forest > Virginia > Duke > North Carolina > James Madison > Sam Houston State > Central Arkansas > Arkansas State > Troy > Appalachian State > Idaho > UNLV > Wyoming > Colorado State > San Diego State > Houston > Oklahoma > TCU > Baylor > Boise State > San José State > Nevada > Cal Poly > South Dakota State > North Dakota State > Eastern Washington > Washington State > Stanford > Kansas State > Missouri State > Indiana State > Southern Illinois > South Dakota > Weber State > UC Davis > Southern Oregon > Montana-Western > Montana State-Northern > Carroll (MT) > Montana Tech > Rocky Mountain > College of Idaho > Eastern Oregon > Marian > Indianapolis > McKendree > Truman State > Southwest Baptist > Missouri S&T > St. Joseph's (IN) > Alderson Broaddus > Robert Morris > Central Connecticut > Sacred Heart > Stony Brook > North Dakota > Southern Utah > Montana State > Montana > Northern Iowa > Western Illinois > Northern Illinois > Bowling Green > Akron > Miami (OH) > Eastern Michigan > Ball State > FAU > Rice > UTEP > UTSA > North Texas > Southern Miss > Kentucky > New Mexico State > Louisiana-Lafayette > Texas State > Ohio > Kansas > Texas > Iowa State > Texas Tech > Louisiana Tech > Western Kentucky > Old Dominion > UMass > FIU > Charlotte > Marshall > Middle Tennessee State > Missouri > Vanderbilt > Tennessee > Georgia > Auburn > LSU > Arkansas > Florida > Iowa > Minnesota > Rutgers > New Mexico > Air Force > Georgia State > Georgia Southern > Louisiana-Monroe > South Alabama > Mississippi State > Ole Miss > Texas A&M > UCLA > BYU > Arizona > Arizona State > Northern Arizona > Idaho State > Sacramento State > Portland State > Central Washington > Western Oregon > Humboldt State > Western State Colorado > Colorado Mines > CSU-Pueblo > South Dakota Mines > Black Hills State > Dixie State > Adams State > Chadron State > Fort Lewis > Western New Mexico > Angelo State > Northern Michigan > Northwood (MI) > Michigan Tech > Ohio Dominican > Wayne State (MI) > Findlay > Tiffin > Ashland > Ferris State > Grand Valley State > Texas A&M-Commerce > Colorado Mesa > Azusa Pacific > West Texas A&M > Midwestern State > Texas A&M-Kingsville > Incarnate Word > Houston Baptist > Lamar > Southeastern Louisiana > Nicholls > Stephen F. Austin > McNeese > Tarleton State > Eastern New Mexico > Oklahoma Panhandle > Arkansas-Pine Bluff > Alcorn State > Alabama A&M > Jackson State > Texas Southern > Alabama State > Miles > Clark Atlanta > Benedict > Morehouse > Kentucky State > Tuskegee > UNC Pembroke > West Virginia State > West Liberty > Glenville State > Urbana > Charleston (WV) > Concord > West Virginia Wesleyan > Virginia-Wise > Tusculum > Catawba > Wingate > Mars Hill > Limestone > Lenoir-Rhyne > Carson-Newman > St. Augustine's > Livingstone > Shaw > Johnson C. Smith > Elizabeth City State > Virginia Union > Winston-Salem State > Bowie State > Virginia State > Chowan > West Florida > Florida Tech > Presbyterian > Monmouth > Lehigh > Fordham > Pennsylvania > Cornell > Colgate > Yale > Harvard > Rhode Island > Elon > William & Mary > Richmond > North Carolina A&T > Kent State > Central Michigan > Oklahoma State > West Virginia > Youngstown State > Jacksonville State > North Alabama > Shepherd > California (PA) > Indiana (PA) > Edinboro > Clarion > Slippery Rock > Gannon > Seton Hill > Mercyhurst > Kutztown > West Chester > Bloomsburg > Shippensburg > Lock Haven > East Stroudsburg > Millersville > Cheyney > Lincoln (PA) > Lincoln (MO) > Lane > Fort Valley State > Albany State > Southeastern > Warner > Arizona Christian > Sul Ross State > East Texas Baptist > Southwestern (TX) > McMurry > Louisiana College > Belhaven > Millsaps > Trinity (TX) > Redlands > George Fox > Pacific Lutheran > Pacific (OR) > Willamette > Cal Lutheran > Claremont-Mudd-Scripps > Washington & Lee > Emory & Henry > Randolph-Macon > Guilford > Catholic > McDaniel > Juniata > Ursinus > Dickinson > Gettysburg > Moravian > King's (PA) > Lycoming > Susquehanna > Franklin & Marshall > Lebanon Valley > Albright > Widener > Misericordia > FDU-Florham > Wilkes > Stevenson > Delaware Valley > Wesley > Frostburg State > Christopher Newport > Kean > College of New Jersey > Southern Virginia > William Paterson > Montclair State > Rowan > Salisbury > Carnegie Mellon > Case Western Reserve > Chicago > Rhodes > Hendrix > Centre > Washington (MO) > Berry > LaGrange > Greensboro > Gallaudet > Castleton > Becker > MIT > Curry > Bridgewater State > Fitchburg State > Westfield State > Nichols > Coast Guard > Maine Maritime > Massachusetts Maritime > Worcester State > Plymouth State > Mount Ida > Norwich > SUNY-Maritime > Merchant Marine > Springfield > RPI > Hobart > St. Lawrence > Worcester Poly > Union (NY) > Western Connecticut > Hartwick > UMass-Dartmouth > Framingham State > Salve Regina > Dean > Apprentice > Bridgewater > Hampden-Sydney > Shenandoah > Ferrum > Averett > NC Wesleyan > Huntingdon > Maryville > Hanover > Defiance > Bluffton > Mount St. Joseph > Rose-Hulman > Franklin > Thomas More > Westminster (PA) > Washington & Jefferson > Brockport > Ithaca > Utica > St. John Fisher > Buffalo State > Cortland State > Heidelberg > Marietta > Baldwin-Wallace > Ohio Northern > Capital > Otterbein > Muskingum > Waynesburg > Geneva > Thiel > Bethany (WV) > St. Vincent > Alma > Trine > Adrian > Lakeland > Aurora > Benedictine (IL) > St. Norbert > Lake Forest > Macalester > Illinois College > Cornell (IA) > Iowa Wesleyan > Greenville > Crown > Minnesota-Morris > St. Scholastica > Eureka > MacMurray > Northwestern (MN) > Augsburg > St. Olaf > Carleton (MN) > Hamline > Gustavus Adolphus > Wisconsin-River Falls > Wisconsin-Stevens Point > Wisconsin-Eau Claire > Wisconsin-La Crosse > Wisconsin-Stout > Simpson > Buena Vista > Loras > Luther > Wartburg > Dubuque > Central > Nebraska Wesleyan > McPherson > Southwestern (KS) > Bethel (KS) > Friends > Sterling > Northwestern (IA) > Midland > Olivet Nazarene > St. Ambrose > Missouri Baptist > Taylor > Siena Heights > St. Xavier > Concordia (MI) > Trinity International > St. Francis (IL) > Davenport > Quincy > Drake > Campbell > Morehead State > Butler > Valparaiso > Jacksonville > Marist > Stetson > Brown > Bryant > Wagner > St. Francis > Duquesne > Bucknell > Holy Cross > Lafayette > Georgetown > Columbia > Dartmouth > New Hampshire > Maine > Delaware > Albany > Buffalo > Army > Temple > USF > Navy > Tulsa > Memphis > SMU > Liberty > Kennesaw State > Gardner-Webb > Charleston Southern > Coastal Carolina > Furman > Western Carolina > VMI > East Tennessee State > Samford > Wofford > The Citadel > Chattanooga > Mercer > Tennessee Tech > Murray State > Tennessee State > Tennessee-Martin > Eastern Kentucky > Southeast Missouri State > Eastern Illinois > Illinois State > Northwestern > Pittsburgh > Clemson

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

I hope the response was "2013 was pretty recent."

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

This guy had to have used some program to do this, right? If not I can't even begin to figure out how you'd do that to bring it full circle like that.

e: ok good "computing power and manual exploration" so a bit of both

e2: wow further into the comments they figure out they can even get it up to 509 teams

Joey Freshwater fucked around with this message at 22:51 on Mar 13, 2017

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Holy poo poo. Never change, Jim.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

Harbaugh sounds so exhausting.

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
"Hey John, have you won anything yet?”

uh

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
kids not being paid to get brain damaged absolutely do not need to be playing more games so you can argue even more on rankings and who got left out

Saucer Crab
Apr 3, 2009

Wow! What a big goober!

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
It's like he's unaware peanuts grow.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Spencer Hall owns

They had some amazing ones in those twitter threads too.

https://twitter.com/JasonKirkSBN/status/839490206940135424

https://twitter.com/JasonKirkSBN/status/839488742347915264

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg
Oct 4, 2004

ha, ha, ha, og me ekam

Crotch Bat posted:

It's as if Asperger's sprang to life and started drinking milk before us.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Bowling Green got Ohio State back on the schedule for 2020. [insert Bowling Green Massacre joke here] they're being paid $1.2 mil for it.

Paid OOC games are now:

2017: @Sparty, @N'western
2018: @Oregon, @GA Tech
2019: @ND, @K-State
2020: @OSU
2021: @Tennessee
2022: @UCLA

Every one of those games, save maybe Northwestern should pay us at least $800k. get dat money

the mean lunch lady
Jun 24, 2009

went mad at sea
lots were drawn
Kroenke didn't survive
he was delicious

I wish he hadn't blocked me on Twitter for miswording a tweet

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails
The only person who knows how peanuts work is history's greatest monster, Jimmy Carter.

• Locked thread