Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon

Dr. VooDoo posted:

Oh I'm not saying he's just trolling. I believe he agrees with pretty much he's saying. But I also think he's saying poo poo on twitter to grow his alt-right fanbase as well. He's exalting white nationalism while having parents who are literally Iranian. It's like the Dave Chappelle skit about a blink black KKK member. Either the mans brain damaged or he knows he can get a loyal fanbase if he lets his lovely opinions air as loud and terrible as possible

Because he has Iranian parents he knows how bad these people are! No really, that's the whole stupid appeal of the lovely uncle tom thing, which is the part he's (unknowingly) playing. The fact that he sounds stupid when he says "commulist" or w/e even plays into what the racist shitlords who shower him with positive attention want.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Ciaphas posted:

I haven't played it past the demo yet but I'm still finding myself really annoyed, having bought it*, that the demo of Nier Automata is pretty non representative

The open world stuff in BotW is actively driving me away from that and it's the most acclaimed Zelda in ages, I don't think Nier Automata is going to stand much of a chance for me

* Never Preorder

the open world poo poo in Nier I've completely and utterly ignored, it's not really a thing besides traversing some environments and once fast travel points are opened it's even less of a thing.

If you hate exploring open worlds then yeah BOTW isn't for you, the allure is exploring stuff on your own and being rewarded for it and doing what you want in order to achieve the end

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747
Is there a game sorta like civ5 but not totally just about going to war with everyone, and has a bit more politics and trade like crusader kings 2?

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
Exciting Lemon
I believe the game you are looking for is Crusader Kings 2. Seriously, Civ is the middle ground in these sorts of games. You don't have to go to war with everyone and I rarely do. If you want more war, the answer is stuff like Total War and the big nerdy hex war sims. If you want less war, you're stuck with a few things that Paradox publishes.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

got any sevens posted:

Is there a game sorta like civ5 but not totally just about going to war with everyone, and has a bit more politics and trade like crusader kings 2?

Europa Universalis IV, maybe?

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
vicky 2

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

MinibarMatchman posted:

the open world poo poo in Nier I've completely and utterly ignored, it's not really a thing besides traversing some environments and once fast travel points are opened it's even less of a thing.

If you hate exploring open worlds then yeah BOTW isn't for you, the allure is exploring stuff on your own and being rewarded for it and doing what you want in order to achieve the end

that's good to hear. I spent all weekend trying toconvince myself that I could like BOTW if I just gave it more time to click, perhaps I should have spent that on Nier instead of grumbling about the demo :v:

Oh well too late now, I'm too tired. Give it a looksee this week I reckon

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

bloodychill posted:

I believe the game you are looking for is Crusader Kings 2. Seriously, Civ is the middle ground in these sorts of games. You don't have to go to war with everyone and I rarely do. If you want more war, the answer is stuff like Total War and the big nerdy hex war sims. If you want less war, you're stuck with a few things that Paradox publishes.

Yeah I tried CK2 and it's just so dull with adjusting 1000 different things. It took me 6 hours irl to pass 100 years in-game. I still wanna form some archers and capture and build some towns and expand territory a bit. Even throwing in a bit of actual building placement like in starcraft-type games could be okay if it's not too rigid or as time-critical as those games usually are.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

A post relevant to Steins;Gate.

https://twitter.com/BiggestinJapan/status/840947833943425024

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I never played steins;gate but I have the dlc for phantom breaker that lets you play as the girl from it and a person I know had to explain to the police why he had a body pillow of said girl when they showed up to check on him after someone called the cops on him for cutting apologies into his flesh that's my story I hope you enjoyed it

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
"Hey boss, I've got the best idea for a side quest for our action adventure game where you do daring acrobatics to explore tombs and find treasure: Throwing pumpkins into barrels. You have to do this five times"

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Macaluso posted:

"Hey boss, I've got the best idea for a side quest for our action adventure game where you do daring acrobatics to explore tombs and find treasure: Throwing pumpkins into barrels. You have to do this five times"

Shadow of the Tomb Raider sounding pretty good!

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
e; on second thought, i'm not gonna ask that question

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

what a shame

Amorphous Abode
Apr 2, 2010

We may have finally found unobtainium but I will never find eywa.

I was going to get some stuff done but somehow just spent the last two hours looking at a Wario Land series fan blog! gently caress!!!

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Dr. VooDoo posted:

So at this point I'm leaning towards JonTron knows his videos making him money is a temporary thing and instead of putting in effort to make better and better videos or working harder to break into other industries he's going all in on Right Wing-Nut Welfare like those failing bakeries or food places that suddenly find JESUS and won't serve gays then setup gofundme pages. He's already done interviews on breitbart so I'm guessing he's angling at being the hip young tech savvy talking head there or a regular guest on Fox News

I think he's just one of those "everything's going fine for me so clearly things aren't that bad and you're all just overreacting, I'm above all your childish political poo poo-flinging, let's just give Trump a chance" people. Well that, and "Muslims kill some people so clearly they're a huge threat to our WAY OF LIFE" is starting to creep in (because fear of the other is always going to be stronger than actual reality)

That is to say, he's an idiot, probably not at all conscious of how much of an idiot he is.

Harrow fucked around with this message at 04:53 on Mar 13, 2017

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
jontron has never been funny in his life

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

They will make a variant of this already existing variant of the character to better reflect this new development.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

got to the last phase of the third boss in nier and had to dial the difficulty back to normal to handle it.

sigh

there's always one of my next 3-4 runs of the game to go hardcore i guess.

its so good.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
Exciting Lemon

Harrow posted:

I think he's just one of those "everything's going fine for me so clearly things aren't that bad and you're all just overreacting, I'm above all your childish political poo poo-flinging, let's just give Trump a chance" people. Well that, and "Muslims kill some people so clearly they're a huge threat to our WAY OF LIFE" is starting to creep in (because fear of the other is always going to be stronger than actual reality)

That is to say, he's an idiot, probably not at all conscious of how much of an idiot he is.

If you want to feel sick, click on that tweet and look at his responses to criticism. I'm not sure he's going to be employable by any reputable organization now that he's plunging hard into white nationalist apologia.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

bloodychill posted:

If you want to feel sick, click on that tweet and look at his responses to criticism. I'm not sure he's going to be employable by any reputable organization now that he's plunging hard into white nationalist apologia.

You and I both know that isn't true anymore. :smith:

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Is jontron the first ever successful conservative comedian

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

a.lo posted:

Is jontron the first ever successful conservative comedian
jeff foxworthy???????

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
Exciting Lemon

ImpAtom posted:

You and I both know that isn't true anymore. :smith:

Is Breitbart reputable? I am continuing operating under the assumption that this poo poo is not normal or good.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Seriously I wish I could have recorded every weird bug I've encountered playing this game because it's honestly incredible Rise of the Tomb Raider shipped with so many. I mean luckily the game is fun and the story is cool and I think Lara is a badass and the game is quite pretty. But man some of these bugs. The amount of times the camera has gotten stuck zoomed in after a brief cutscene, or the numerous times Lara gets stuck in the walking slow phase from said cutscenes and there's no way out of it without killing yourself (you can't shoot or run or anything when this happens).

Probably the weirdest bug I've encountered was one near what I assume is the end of the game, where i had to time my drop from a spinning ledge onto another small spinning ledge. I guess I jumped too early or something and it accidentally triggered... SOMETHING and I proceeded to fall really slowly as if there wasn't much gravity. She then landed but didn't land, as she kept her falling animation and slid around this ledge. I couldn't run or jump or attack or anything. I had to slowly slide myself off the side and fall to my death. The fall to my death was in slow motion and the fade to black before the loading screen came up ALSO was in slow motion. :confused:

edit: This game isn't Witcher 3 pretty, but drat if it doesn't do the "extended shot of awesome poo poo in the distance" really well:

Macaluso fucked around with this message at 06:18 on Mar 13, 2017

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

bloodychill posted:

Is Breitbart reputable? I am continuing operating under the assumption that this poo poo is not normal or good.

It has a reputation, is that the same thing?

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

bloodychill posted:

If someone thinks it's reputable, that's a massive warning sign for you that you're talking to a nazi or nazi sympathizer.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

bloodychill posted:

Breitbart is endorsed by the president of the united states of America.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

bloodychill posted:

video of the founder:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M2ZvdF-N_2g

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
Exciting Lemon

Lurdiak posted:

Breitbart is endorsed by the president of the united states of America.

Hail To the Chief is being played ironically for the next 4-8 years. You can hear it in the tuba.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

bloodychill posted:

Hail To the Chief is being played ironically for the next 4-8 years. You can hear it in the tuba.

I'm not saying Trump's endorsement is the word of god but it's probably given the awful publication a pretty significant boost in visibility and respectability.

void_serfer
Jan 13, 2012

Lurdiak posted:

I'm not saying Trump's endorsement is the word of god but it's probably given the awful publication a pretty significant boost in visibility and respectability.

Not to mention that the guy that filled the void for the site after Breitbart's death is like the president's right loving hand.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

:vince:

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE
Someone gave the new Zelda 7 out of 10.

https://twitter.com/JimSterling/status/841115783602286593

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

I am very angry that someone didn't like a game as much as I did

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
https://twitter.com/JimSterling/status/841117255295500288

And that's saying something.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I think what's so funny about this whole thing is that A) he said he LIKED IT and B) it literally says "good" next to his 7/10 score. It's not like he said it was bad! It just had a bunch of flaws so it wasn't 10/10. I think he puts numbers scores there just to make people upset that the metacritic score is now slightly lower than it was before.

Also his site got ddos'd earlier which is always funny because his site isn't supported by ads and he'll just put his reviews up on mirrors for people to read until the ddos is fixed, so it's the most pointless thing to do to him

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Macaluso posted:

I think what's so funny about this whole thing is that A) he said he LIKED IT and B) it literally says "good" next to his 7/10 score. It's not like he said it was bad! It just had a bunch of flaws so it wasn't 10/10. I think he puts numbers scores there just to make people upset that the metacritic score is now slightly lower than it was before.

Also his site got ddos'd earlier which is always funny because his site isn't supported by ads and he'll just put his reviews up on mirrors for people to read until the ddos is fixed, so it's the most pointless thing to do to him

This kind of poo poo is probably actively beneficial for him. Attention is what reviewers/youtubers/"content creators" want and need.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Unless he's literally never paid any attention to the internet at all there's no way this isn't exactly what he expected when he gave it that score.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

Macaluso posted:

Seriously I wish I could have recorded every weird bug I've encountered playing this game because it's honestly incredible Rise of the Tomb Raider shipped with so many. I mean luckily the game is fun and the story is cool and I think Lara is a badass and the game is quite pretty. But man some of these bugs. The amount of times the camera has gotten stuck zoomed in after a brief cutscene, or the numerous times Lara gets stuck in the walking slow phase from said cutscenes and there's no way out of it without killing yourself (you can't shoot or run or anything when this happens).

Probably the weirdest bug I've encountered was one near what I assume is the end of the game, where i had to time my drop from a spinning ledge onto another small spinning ledge. I guess I jumped too early or something and it accidentally triggered... SOMETHING and I proceeded to fall really slowly as if there wasn't much gravity. She then landed but didn't land, as she kept her falling animation and slid around this ledge. I couldn't run or jump or attack or anything. I had to slowly slide myself off the side and fall to my death. The fall to my death was in slow motion and the fade to black before the loading screen came up ALSO was in slow motion. :confused:

edit: This game isn't Witcher 3 pretty, but drat if it doesn't do the "extended shot of awesome poo poo in the distance" really well:

I played from start to finish through that game and didn't encounter anything you're describing or any bugs for that matter. The game is good and very nice looking though.

• Locked thread