Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Savitar is the Cat Grant of Earth 1.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stunt Rock
Jul 28, 2002

DEATH WISH AT 120 DECIBELS
I'm glad to see they've cut down the "keeping a secret from the team then telling them way too late" arc down to a crisp 8 minutes these days

Bozart
Oct 28, 2006

Give me the finger.
Savitar is the offspring of rip hunter and gideon, only made possible by the misuse of the spear of destiny.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Space Crabs posted:

Or create a time remnant Iris and let savitar kill her.

I suggested this a month ago and it's still the most likely solution since they keep failing to change the future.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
I still can't believe Cisco hasn't played Chrono Trigger. Motherfucker should have heard of a goddamn doppel doll.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Bozart posted:

Savitar is the offspring of rip hunter and gideon, only made possible by the misuse of the spear of destiny.

Certainly explains why he looks like a Transformer

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

DoctorWhat posted:

I still can't believe Cisco hasn't played Chrono Trigger. Motherfucker should have heard of a goddamn doppel doll.

Yeah, for the myriad of things Heroes did wrong (chief among them being "outliving Kings"), it at least made sure that Hiro Nakamura was canonically a fan of Chrono Trigger, the only time travel story that matters :colbert:

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

Invalid Validation posted:

I fully expect Barry to change time again so he and Iris aren't together anymore.

I loving hope so. It's the most cringe-worthy relationship ever. It's also one-sided as hell, where Barry is the one who always does the heavy lifting by going out of his way to cook breakfast, decorate the house in candles and flowers, etc. etc. and of course Iris "rewards" him with a kiss. Ugh.

I want Iris to contribute something to the team. You know, something other than the occasional pep-talk. Back in Season 1 they played around with the idea of her being a kickass investigative reporter, and Season 2 even started with a scene where she was literally dodging bullets from bad guys, but this season she has been a lame damsel in distress whose only job is to be Barry's SO. :sad:

I miss Patty and Linda. They were both cool as hell, and Patty especially was a real badass in her own right.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
Patty was amazing simply for how quickly she was loving done with Barry immediately after she settled her business with Weather Wizard. :allears:

Like, I half expected her to throw in a :byewhore: to Barry as she hopped on the train.

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

nine-gear crow posted:

Patty was amazing simply for how quickly she was loving done with Barry immediately after she settled her business with Weather Wizard. :allears:

Like, I half expected her to throw in a :byewhore: to Barry as she hopped on the train.

If I remember correctly, that was because she signed on with another show and the writers had to somewhat hastily write her off. Many of us in this thread commented on it.

She and Barry had excellent chemistry though. Like she was this dork who had a huge crush on Barry because he was a super-dork and she played that role really, really well.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

enraged_camel posted:

If I remember correctly, that was because she signed on with another show and the writers had to somewhat hastily write her off. Many of us in this thread commented on it.

She and Barry had excellent chemistry though. Like she was this dork who had a huge crush on Barry because he was a super-dork and she played that role really, really well.

Oh. I wasn't aware of the background details regarding her departure, so it just came off to me like they just wrapped up her storyline and then she hilariously high-tailed it from the show for no reason. You're right though, I remember thinking her and Barry had way better chemistry than Iris ever did with him.

I just remember when she left so suddenly going "oh, well, that was an absolute waste of half an otherwise decent season." So yeah that does clear a few things up.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

enraged_camel posted:

I loving hope so. It's the most cringe-worthy relationship ever. It's also one-sided as hell, where Barry is the one who always does the heavy lifting by going out of his way to cook breakfast, decorate the house in candles and flowers, etc. etc. and of course Iris "rewards" him with a kiss. Ugh.

At least they somewhat acknowledged Barry's overbearing behavior lately, he's trying to compress their entire relationship into a few months because he's all neurotic about Iris probably dying. She called him on it and told him to back off and give her some space, it's something. (Of course a syrupy tru-wuv-conquers-all resolution is probably coming at the end of the season :barf: )

DrunkPanda
Apr 24, 2005
I am trolling you, CineD

28 Days Later is actually a great movie

fuck starcraft

Wally is literally the worst. He went a couple episodes without being literally the whiniest baby in the universe, but then he made up for that in spades this episode. It's like he couldn't contain anymore pent up whininess and just exploded. I was happy when it looked like Savitar killed him, but then it turns out he's still alive and I became sad

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

Savitar is Wally.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

enraged_camel posted:

I want Iris to contribute something to the team. You know, something other than the occasional pep-talk. Back in Season 1 they played around with the idea of her being a kickass investigative reporter, and Season 2 even started with a scene where she was literally dodging bullets from bad guys, but this season she has been a lame damsel in distress whose only job is to be Barry's SO. :sad:

I miss Patty and Linda. They were both cool as hell, and Patty especially was a real badass in her own right.

I wonder how a normal person would ever feel like an equal to a super powered person. Of course breakfast is done, it takes him the blink of an eye. Decorating would take her all day, and he'd probably stop in at home during breaks at work. If I'm dating a speedster you're drat right you're bringing food home and it better be pizza from motherfucking Venice.

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

:siren::siren::siren::siren:
- FUCK THE HABS -

Grem posted:

I wonder how a normal person would ever feel like an equal to a super powered person. Of course breakfast is done, it takes him the blink of an eye.

Okay, but, seriously: how does he get a toaster to toast bread faster?!?

avoid doorways
Jun 6, 2010

'twas brillig
Gun Saliva

Duke Chin posted:

Speedforce

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT MY SHITTY, BOUGIE INTERIOR DECORATING ADVICE

Grem posted:

I wonder how a normal person would ever feel like an equal to a super powered person. Of course breakfast is done, it takes him the blink of an eye. Decorating would take her all day, and he'd probably stop in at home during breaks at work. If I'm dating a speedster you're drat right you're bringing food home and it better be pizza from motherfucking Venice.

You meant Naples right? I mean if you're going to run all the way to Italy to get pizza you might as well get it from the part of Italy it's from, otherwise you'll be getting lovely tourist pizza.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Duke Chin posted:

He opens a wormhole to two minutes ago and puts the toast in.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

The Lord Bude posted:

You meant Naples right? I mean if you're going to run all the way to Italy to get pizza you might as well get it from the part of Italy it's from, otherwise you'll be getting lovely tourist pizza.

I'm pretty sure there's good pizza in Venice. I don't think the entire city of Venice is conspiring to only eat bad pizza forever as some weird conspiracy to trick foreigners into eating bad pizza too.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT MY SHITTY, BOUGIE INTERIOR DECORATING ADVICE

Guy Goodbody posted:

I'm pretty sure there's good pizza in Venice. I don't think the entire city of Venice is conspiring to only eat bad pizza forever as some weird conspiracy to trick foreigners into eating bad pizza too.

Things are different in Europe. Cuisine is highly region specific. Venice and Naples might as well be different countries.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Bozart posted:

:confused:

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

The Lord Bude posted:

Things are different in Europe. Cuisine is highly region specific. Venice and Naples might as well be different countries.

You think Iris can tell the difference between Venice and Naples pizza? Like she's jet-setting around and trying local European cuisines on the 37 dollars a month she got in her blog's tip jar. Barry probably just ran to the other side of Central City and got the pizza there.

ThNextGreenLantern
Feb 13, 2012

Duke Chin posted:

"But what if I can't toast FAST ENOUGH?" -the Toaster, through tears

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer

Licarn posted:

Speedforce

Specifically, he puts kinetic energy into the toaster, or possibly into the toast.

Space Crabs
Mar 10, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
It's time remnant toast, it knows it must be eaten

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

Barry rubs the bread between his thighs.

Shaddak
Nov 13, 2011

Space Crabs posted:

It's time remnant toast, it knows it must be eaten

He only hadto make breakfast once. Every successive breakfast is a time remnant.

Vietnamwees
May 8, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Duke Chin posted:

By being very careful with it when he puts the toast in.

Space Crabs
Mar 10, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
he gets the toaster to toast bread faster the same way he can pour 20+ coffees in 1 second

the coffee machine and toaster are also speedsters

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Everyone in CC will be a speedster eventually.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Guy Goodbody posted:

I'm pretty sure 90% of Venice is just tourist trap garbage food and Barry will just forget about Oliver's advice to case the city first to find all the good places to go before running in

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

Grem posted:

Okay, but at the end of episode 14 Jesse also made Wally go out and get burgers, and this is despite the fact that they both have superpowers.

So the show clearly has a theme of guys treating their girlfriends like princesses.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

enraged_camel posted:

Okay, but at the end of episode 14 Jesse also made Wally go out and get burgers, and this is despite the fact that they both have superpowers.

So the show clearly has a theme of guys treating their girlfriends like princesses.

I don't think any of the Flash writers have ever kissed a girl.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Guy Goodbody posted:

Well they have but it was their sister which is how they came up with the Iris/Barry/Joe dynamic.

bentacos
Oct 9, 2012

Guy Goodbody posted:

The writers are SA goons?

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

bentacos posted:

The writers are SA goons?

No, but I'm drat sure Legends of Tomorrow's writers are :v:

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Guy Goodbody posted:

Well, if you're making that argument, Central City probably has some good pizza places too. :shrug:

Xealot
Nov 25, 2002

Showdown in the Galaxy Era.

Tiggum posted:

Well, if you're making that argument, Central City probably has some good pizza places too. :shrug:

Or just New York.

New York exists, right? It's not some casualty of how DC has weird fake cities everywhere?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Xealot posted:

Or just New York.

New York exists, right? It's not some casualty of how DC has weird fake cities everywhere?

Kyle Rayner and the Titans have been based there. I think Guy Gardner's bar was there as well.

• Locked thread