Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off
Melee weapon durability is a lot less of an issue than it initially seems once you realize that weapons not found in chests pretty much all respawn on Blood Moons, including the ones you need to reforge the Champion weapons. I've just been marking those locations with a little sword stamp on the map. Also, once you're able to kill a Lynel and jack his weapons, you're suddenly in a Very Good Position.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Gaspy Conana posted:

It's not a new feature but I'd love more stamps so I can specify which material I found where. Critters, ore deposits, mushrooms, etc. I'm pretty excited about the second DLC coming around the Holiday which will "expand the story, add challenges and a new dungeon."

We need to be able to put down more stamps in general, an 85 stamp limit is way too low.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

I've spent the past few days playing this alongside friends... either just streaming or talking about it or whatever, and someone's constantly running into something the others missed, or chiming in with solutions to puzzles they never thought of, or whatever. And it's really the closest experience any of us old farts have had to playing LoZ1 on the NES thirty-odd years ago, which is just uncanny. It's hard to really explain the feeling if you weren't old enough to have played it back then, and the fact the experience works even in the internet era is astounding.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
Is anyone else having problems with amiibo? It keeps telling me "you can't use that amiibo again today" but I haven't scanned it since Saturday.

I only had issues with two shrines. One was a "metal makes a" type shrine where I had trouble figuring out how to get the metal thing I needed. The other was a stasis trial where I missed that the first chest was metal. I was doing lots of things that should have made sense. I would put a bomb under a see-saw, stasis the see-saw and blow the bomb. Theoretically, that should give the see-saw a bunch of energy to fling me up to wherever. Except it would always just add the force laterally and the thing wouldn't go anywhere.

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

Cojawfee posted:

Is anyone else having problems with amiibo? It keeps telling me "you can't use that amiibo again today" but I haven't scanned it since Saturday.

I only had issues with two shrines. One was a "metal makes a" type shrine where I had trouble figuring out how to get the metal thing I needed. The other was a stasis trial where I missed that the first chest was metal. I was doing lots of things that should have made sense. I would put a bomb under a see-saw, stasis the see-saw and blow the bomb. Theoretically, that should give the see-saw a bunch of energy to fling me up to wherever. Except it would always just add the force laterally and the thing wouldn't go anywhere.

Bombs and stasis never work the way you think they should. Instead of adding "massive amounts of force" it just adds something like the same amount of momentum you'd get off poking whatever it is once with a wooden stick.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Close the game and reopen it.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Asimo posted:

And it's really the closest experience any of us old farts have had to playing LoZ1 on the NES thirty-odd years ago, which is just uncanny. It's hard to really explain the feeling if you weren't old enough to have played it back then, and the fact the experience works even in the internet era is astounding.

It gives me warm fuzzy feelings to see more people saying this. :kimchi: From what I've heard that's exactly what they were trying to do with this game and I'm constantly amazed at how well they pulled it off.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

Waltzing Along posted:

Close the game and reopen it.

Ah, thank you. I'm guessing it got screwed up by daylight savings time.

Linx
Aug 14, 2008

Pork Pro

Kashuno posted:

so anyone want to warrant any guess at what the extra map feature that's coming out is?

Calling it now, it's the big loving airship that you can see in the distance

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Linx posted:

Calling it now, it's the big loving airship that you can see in the distance

Haha you're not very far in the game.

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Kashuno posted:

so anyone want to warrant any guess at what the extra map feature that's coming out is?

Seed seeking on the slate probably.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Seaniqua posted:

I love this

I don't get it, can someone explain it to me?

Linx
Aug 14, 2008

Pork Pro

parallelodad posted:

Haha you're not very far in the game.

Holy poo poo this is the game that keeps on giving

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

Neddy Seagoon posted:

You'll get your money's worth with the final-tier upgrade animation :wink:.
I just got to the 3rd-tier one ; that was terrifying enough.

Just close your eyes, Link, it'll be over soon....

dragon enthusiast posted:

I banked it off the wall from the initial position :colbert:
I found a canyon with a load of stones and sledgehammers and spent a happy hour playing snooker.

It's probably a shrine puzzle, but whatever it wants I didn't do. :shrug:

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
How do I get rich fast? Got around 3500 and I just found the fourth Great Fairy, who needs 10K. I need money fast because the spoopy skeleton outfit is also tempting me.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

s.i.r.e. posted:

There's an SA meme about some game or story where a character says "imagine four balls on the edge of a cliff, one falls off and another takes its place at the back. Time works the same way." Or something like that.

ditty bout my clitty
May 28, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe
Holy poo poo the cutscenes in this game aside from the divine beasts are almost bad enough to put me off finishing it, never mind finding all the memories.

If I hear "100 years ago", "10 000 years ago" "calamity ganon" or the "hero of hyrule" one more time I'm going to scream.
Stop beating me over the loving head with your infantile plot and poo poo voice acting, game.

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

s.i.r.e. posted:

: itisazybourneclockjoke :

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Is it bad that my favorite moment from the memory cutscenes is when Zelda's holding Link as he's dying from his wounds and she goes, "You're going to be just fine," and Link gives her this look that's just like "bitch no I won't" before he passes out because that poo poo was hilarious.

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!
When you shield surf does the shield only take a hit of durability when you start or does it continue to degrade as you go?

Linx
Aug 14, 2008

Pork Pro

Hah, I remember they put a reference to this in Fallout: New Vegas

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

MMF Freeway posted:

When you shield surf does the shield only take a hit of durability when you start or does it continue to degrade as you go?

Depends on the surface. On snow or sand you take none, on rocky surfaces it continues to degrade.

Linx posted:

Hah, I remember they put a reference to this in Fallout: New Vegas

Yeah, Josh Sawyer is a goon and hangs out in Obsidian threads. Its also why one of the guns is named the YCS 182 (its the forum ID for Your Console Sucks)

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

How do I get rich fast? Got around 3500 and I just found the fourth Great Fairy, who needs 10K. I need money fast because the spoopy skeleton outfit is also tempting me.

Kill Taluses and sell the stones.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Nephzinho posted:

Kill Taluses and sell the stones.

Also just strip mine Death Mountain.

You'll be rolling in cash with how many nodes there are there.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
And there are inferno taluses on death mountain so super win/win :v:

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Your Computer posted:

It gives me warm fuzzy feelings to see more people saying this. :kimchi: From what I've heard that's exactly what they were trying to do with this game and I'm constantly amazed at how well they pulled it off.

I usually describe it as "what I thought video games were like when I was seven years old."

The stamina and inventory management can be a pain sometimes but I think it holds.

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

Zore posted:

Also just strip mine Death Mountain.

You'll be rolling in cash with how many nodes there are there.
And if you have Wolf Link run around on plains with him, pick up the meat drops, cook and sell them.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Well, I did fight one of the inferno ones before the blood moon, guess I'll start there on my mining expedition.

Wolf Link doesn't catch fire, right?

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

I already finished the game and I'm still itching to go back in and gently caress around once I get home from work. First Zelda game to do that in a long time.

Seaniqua
Mar 12, 2004

"We'll see how the first year goes. But people better get us now, because we're going to keep getting better and better."

s.i.r.e. posted:

Long story short - it was a failed goon-made RPG with time-travel elements. It included this famously silly anecdote to explain time travel:

Johnny "Five Aces posted:

“When the object enters the timestream, time begins to correct itself. Let me use this example: Imagine four balls on the edge of a cliff. Say a direct copy of the ball nearest the cliff is sent to the back of the line of balls and takes the place of the first ball. The formerly first ball becomes the second, the second becomes the third, and the fourth falls off the cliff."

Time works the same way.

You'll often see people play on this on the forums. Usually in the form of, "Imagine _________ on the edge of a cliff," or "_________ works the same way."

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

The slowdown while docked is pretty bad. Glad I like playing in handheld mode.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

Cojawfee posted:

I think it was daylight savings. I had the same issue around midnight last night, but closing and re-opening the game solved it.

BabyRyoga
May 21, 2001

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

The best way to get money that i've found is to equip 2 cold resist pieces and 1 stealth piece, go to the stable in the northwest snowy mountain area, and walk around slaughtering the moose, wolves, foxes, and bulls in that vicinity. You'll get 2-3 Prime Raw Meat or Gourmet Raw Meat per kill, and once you learn how to manage to get in at the right distance without scaring them off, you can even kill with bombs.

Then cook stacks of 5 gourmet and 5 primes when you have enough. 5 prime meals sell for 210 rupees and 5 gourmet meals sell for 490, meaning each prime meat is worth 42 rupees, and each gourmet is worth 98. If you roam around blowing up every critter that comes your way for a couple of hours, you can make off with 15 or 20k rupees. Of course the draw back to this is that you need 2 pieces of cold resist from Rita and 1 piece of stealth. It isn't really what I would call an "early" game strat, more like mid.

Linx
Aug 14, 2008

Pork Pro

Norns posted:

The slowdown while docked is pretty bad. Glad I like playing in handheld mode.

As someone who primarily games on a 144hz monitor, it's really not that bad

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Sometimes the game sort of stutters like its going to crash when I'm fighting moblins.

Myrddin Emrys
Jul 3, 2003

Ho ho ho, Pac-man!

mabels big day posted:

Sometimes the game sort of stutters like its going to crash when I'm fighting moblins.

Hmm, that doesn't happen for me in docked mode. There's been some framerate dips occasionally (somewhat noticeable) but it didn't impact gameplay at all. I have not noticed any slowdown while portable though.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
I beat the game already and somehow JUST discovered an entire village.

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Well, I did fight one of the inferno ones before the blood moon, guess I'll start there on my mining expedition.

Wolf Link doesn't catch fire, right?

My guess is not, since the game explicitly says he's from another plane of existence and no-one else can see him. Try it and report back!

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

Linx posted:

It gets quite framey in basically every populated area. Its a drag

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Linx posted:

I also game as ludicrously high frame rates on pc. It has nothing to do with this though?

It's washed out and the frame rate is bad when connected to a TV. There's a very noticeable difference between it docked and in handheld.