Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
hey guys i heard there were pancakes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

Thermos H Christ posted:

Managed to score one of these off Craigslist with almost no markup, then get a copy of Zelda at Best Buy and a pro controller from Amazon Prime Now. Zelda is very good.

The system was unplayable in TV mode without the pro controller, though. The left joycon would frequently become unresponsive, and periodically would de-sync entirely. Standing close to the console helped, but even that didn't entirely get rid of the problem. The pro controller works flawlessly in TV mode, and there's no issue with the joycon when it's connected to the tablet. Seems like a lot of people have had similar issues?

Mine wasn't that bad, but I still had problems with my left joycon. The antenna surgery seems to have fixed it tho

You might want to reach out to Nintendo directly

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Also I am weak and will probably spring for another dock. I have 2 TVs and use them both all the time. I"m currently doing what I was doing with my Wii U with having a spare HDMI cable and power at each TV so it was just a matter of moving the unit/dock. It's getting like why am I doing this just spend the money so you don't have to keep juggling all this crap around you can just grab the machine and pro and PLAY.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

ONE YEAR LATER posted:

I am listening to the soundtrack though, man this poo poo is great. I love piano.

I haven't opened the CD that came with my special edition because I am afraid of spoilers and et cetera

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
The only pancakes I'm seeing are when I slam my hovercraft into a wall at hypertonic speeds in Fast RMX

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

The Bloop posted:

I haven't opened the CD that came with my special edition because I am afraid of spoilers and et cetera

It's like how when the Star Wars Ep 1 soundtrack came out two weeks before the movie, it had a track title called "The death of Qui Gon Jin".

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
These pancakes have the wrong kind of RAM

syrup keeps desyncing

Butter not included (HIDDEN COSTS)

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

If you're having problems you're either holding the phone wrong or you have tiny girl hands.

LethalGeek posted:

Why did you buy 3 consoles?

3ds xl for me, 2ds's for my kids.

Wanted to get them all while they still had 11.2 firmware in the stores.

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007

The Bloop posted:

Can confirm there are no spoilers on the CD. The track listings are literally like:

Kakariko Village (Day)
Kakariko Village (Night)
Riding (Day)
Riding (Night)
Kass' Theme

And on and on. Now that I've gotten pretty far in the game I realize there's a lot of cool stuff they left out. Probably for spoilery reasons.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
^^thanks!

Cartoon Man posted:

It's like how when the Star Wars Ep 1 soundtrack came out two weeks before the movie, it had a track title called "The death of Qui Gon Jin".

This is precisely the sort of poo poo I'm worried about, and to a lesser extent reducing the impact of a cool new treatment of a classic song when it comes up in-game.

Track 7 - the fourth triforce
Track 8 - Calamity Groose

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
Why does the syrup carafe taste so bitter

Everyone lick your syrup carafe

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

The Bloop posted:

Please don't openly spoil the DLC, thanks.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

Airport update. Middle aged business man with some pro luggage came over to admire my switch. Said he can't get his hands on one.

The buisnessmans game console.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Dr Cheeto posted:

Why does the syrup carafe taste so bitter

Everyone lick your syrup carafe

I put it all in my mouth it's bitter and I feel ashamed

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The Bloop posted:

^^thanks!

This is precisely the sort of poo poo I'm worried about, and to a lesser extent reducing the impact of a cool new treatment of a classic song when it comes up in-game.

Don't spoil dlc content

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Groose Amiibo (not) Confirmed!

Groose for Smash

Groose 4 Life

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
Track 10 - Great Fairy Kareoke Club Theme

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The Bloop posted:

Groose Amiibo (not) Confirmed!

Groose for Smash

Groose 4 Life

Is there one? That might be the first amiibo I buy

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Don Lapre posted:

3ds xl for me, 2ds's for my kids.

Wanted to get them all while they still had 11.2 firmware in the stores.

Guessing cause the 3DS is hacked to hell and back ?

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Bombadilillo posted:

Is there one? That might be the first amiibo I buy

There's not, but there's some rumor today of a registered but unreleased amiibo with a smash prefix possibly indicating a new DLC character or launch character for Smash 4 Switch

It will almost certainly not be Groose.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Track 11 - The death of Qui Gon Tingle

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

IcePhoenix posted:

Or just walk into a store a couple Fridays ago and ask for one.

Hell, one of my friends did it on that Saturday.

Grats on getting lucky. I'd rather not waste my time and every retailer is a diff answer if they are clueless or know when more are coming.

FireMrshlBill
Aug 13, 2006

LEMME SHOW YOU SOMETHING!!!

Bombadilillo posted:

Airport update. Middle aged business man with some pro luggage came over to admire my switch. Said he can't get his hands on one.

The buisnessmans game console.

Did you say "and you still can't" and walked away like a boss before he asked to hold it?

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

If you're having problems you're either holding the phone wrong or you have tiny girl hands.

LethalGeek posted:

Guessing cause the 3DS is hacked to hell and back ?

Yea but the new 11.3 firmware breaks all the CFW hacks (at least for now, and you can update to 11.3 safely once hacked). So units will start showing up in stores with it preinstalled.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler

The Bloop posted:

I've been listening to this one:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=03xzGueWpkU&list=RD03xzGueWpkU#t=2

The only thing the track listings could spoil are the names of towns (which you can probably guess if you've played a Zelda game since 1998) and maybe three names that don't make any sense out of context.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
I am going to hack my video game console because I am a huge idiot and also a poor, haha. Gonna change the theme to be meatspin.com and probably play an emulatyed version of castlevania dracula X or something haha

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Even funnier, the track was called "Qui Gon's Noble End."

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007
When it warms up a little bit and I start jogging outside again, I'm just going to load up the Guardian Battle track on loop since I'm now completely conditioned to run for my life as soon as I start hearing those piano notes.

Drunk Tomato
Apr 23, 2010

If God wanted us sober,
He'd knock the glass over.

Mahoning posted:

Can confirm there are no spoilers on the CD. The track listings are literally like:

Kakariko Village (Day)
Kakariko Village (Night)
Riding (Day)
Riding (Night)
Kass' Theme

And on and on. Now that I've gotten pretty far in the game I realize there's a lot of cool stuff they left out. Probably for spoilery reasons.

As long as Sidon's theme is on it????

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Mahoning posted:

When it warms up a little bit and I start jogging outside again, I'm just going to load up the Guardian Battle track on loop since I'm now completely conditioned to run for my life as soon as I start hearing those piano notes.
It feels so so SOOOO good when you start fighting back against those assholes :potg:

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
More like Qui Gone amirite

FireMrshlBill
Aug 13, 2006

LEMME SHOW YOU SOMETHING!!!

Jimmy Hats posted:

I am going to hack my video game console because I am a huge idiot and also a poor, haha. Gonna change the theme to be meatspin.com and probably play an emulatyed version of castlevania dracula X or something haha

The hardware gets newer, but the games stay the same...

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.
I played some Zelda today, it was good

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Voodoo posted:

Man I really wish I could find one of these either online or in a local store. Gamestops, Targets, Walmart, and Toysrus were all bone dry when it came to in-stock cases (of any kind) over the weekend.

Yeah, it's dumb right now with the scarcity of accessories. I guess it makes sense that a whole lot of people want to buy a protective case for a somewhat fragile portable console. I got lucky and ordered one from Target when they randomly went in stock at 2 in the morning. Spent a few days prior trying to find it locally and had no luck.

The Bloop posted:

Please keep Zelda fanfic spoilers in the Zelda fanfic thread.

Diabetic
Sep 29, 2006

When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world Diabeetus.
I've attempted several times to get a Switch to no avail, I was able to get one at launch but due to a miscommunication with my bank/credit card, couldn't buy it.

In my attempt to check inventory locally, I've been getting pretty consistent responses that Nintendo won't ship anymore until the first of next month due to them working on the issue with the joy cons losing sync/not functioning properly.

I wanna play Zelda so bad but I can't even find the drat thing on the Wii U. :(

Fenn the Fool!
Oct 24, 2006
woohoo
I saw some talk about screen protectors back on launch day, but haven't been following anything since. What is the current consensus, is getting one a must? Which brand is goon-approved?

I also saw something about not being able to choose if a game saved to internal storage or the SD card, and not being able to move files from one to the other, is that true?

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

I played some Zelda today, it was good

I beat Zelda this morning. The game was okay.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

Dr Cheeto posted:

Track 10 - Great Fairy Kareoke Club Theme

Bonus track: Hey; Listen!

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Mahoning posted:

"I'm gonna take a 'wait and see' approach with this new console from Nintendo."

*Waits a week*

"WHY CAN'T I FIND A SWITCH ANYWHERE, JESUS CHRIST NINTENDO GET YOUR MANUFACTURING poo poo TOGETHER!"

I'd feel bad for these people if this didn't happen all the time with like every new popular video game thing. Especially NIntendo products.

I think they were secretly hoping it was another Wii U situation. I'm not sure people expected the Switch to be as popular as it is.

Still, I feel smug as gently caress about getting it on midnight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eleeleth
Jun 21, 2009

Damn, that is one suave eel.

Diabetic posted:

I wanna play Zelda so bad but I can't even find the drat thing on the Wii U. :(

This is the universe telling you to go full digital.

• Locked thread