Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy
This comic is so good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Today you are a man, my son.

A man and an rear end in a top hat.

Slime
Jan 3, 2007
For the first time in his life, Pasq's dad seems proud of his son.

scarycave
Oct 9, 2012

Dominic Beegan:
Exterminator For Hire
I know this is probably going to end badly - but this comic is so good.

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

Zanzibar Ham posted:

Christ, what an rear end in a top hat.

Freudian
Mar 23, 2011

That was the most incredible experience of my life.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Bifauxnen posted:

I can't believe I read the whole thing

I can.

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry

It hurts :(

Literally Kermit
Mar 4, 2012
t
A reunion that did not disappoint.

Robviously
Aug 21, 2010

Genius. Billionaire. Playboy. Philanthropist.

I hope, should I ever have a child, I can one day feel the pride Pasq's dad is showing at the end there. :unsmith:

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
I love that all the insults did nothing but insulting the quality of Sailor Moon put Pas over the edge.

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

destroy hate get love

Jetamo
Nov 8, 2012

alright.

alright, mate.
That was a good beatdown and a good eatdown.

Parts Kit
Jun 9, 2006

durr
i have a hole in my head
durr

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
You know, we all like to joke, but if we're being serious, it's really loving awful and abusive, the horrible things that Pasqualo's dad has to say about his son's favourite show. No wonder the kid's so depressed.

Just hosed up.

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

https://twitter.com/gobolatula/status/837510042932826112

It's 12 minutes long.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

I think it needs to be delivered with more rapid fire exasperation. The reader sounded bored rather than irritated.

Amorphous Abode
Apr 2, 2010

We may have finally found unobtainium but I will never find eywa.

There Bias Two posted:

I think it needs to be delivered with more rapid fire exasperation. The reader sounded bored rather than irritated.

No, the reader is doing one of his many good voices.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Oh, of course, the hat represents dad's hatred for Pasqualo, so when it was taken away and destroyed, that was the first moment he felt anything positive towards his son!

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

Dabir posted:

Oh, of course, the hat represents dad's hatred for Pasqualo, so when it was taken away and destroyed, that was the first moment he felt anything positive towards his son!

drat

PhysicsFrenzy
May 30, 2011

this, too, is physics

Dabir posted:

Gob, your attention to details and continuity is awe-inspiring.

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur
Mar 16, 2006

GOOD LUCK!!
Also, we see he uses a sledgehammer and not his hands to touch his pepis

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
New comic

never stop jojo-ing, even in the face of killing god

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Is God's logo an infinity symbol as a reference to BSG/Caprica, or is that a preexisting thing?

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

It's a throne (hurr hurr)

Slime
Jan 3, 2007
...does God look a lot like a mix of Pasqualo and Aurora to anyone else?

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Awww, God is kinda cute!

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib

Slime posted:

...does God look a lot like a mix of Pasqualo and Aurora to anyone else?

Aurora is God's daughter, I forget where that gets explained or maybe it was only implied? I think the Pasqualo resemblance may just be the gob art style in play.

Leroy Dennui
Aug 9, 2014

Gina McCarthy made us gay,
but we would not have met
had Biden not dropped his cones
:gaysper::frogbon:

pathetic little tramp posted:

Aurora is God's daughter, I forget where that gets explained or maybe it was only implied? I think the Pasqualo resemblance may just be the gob art style in play.

Implied.

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

Totally random but I hope we see the space rhinos again.

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

Ballz posted:

Totally random but I hope we see the space rhinos again.

Final page of the comic is the space rhino ship blowing up heaven.

ManlyGrunting
May 29, 2014
I looked at the tabs and apparently the runner angel's name is Ralphael, and this is really funny to me for some reason.

Slime
Jan 3, 2007

Zerilan posted:

Final page of the comic is the space rhino ship blowing up heaven.

And Hell. Everyone is dead, 100%, forever and also their souls are destroyed, and God is dead, and Satan is dead. HAPPY END!

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Slime posted:

And Hell. Everyone is dead, 100%, forever and also their souls are destroyed, and God is dead, and Satan is dead. HAPPY END!

Except Pasqualo.

Pasqualo's soul remains floating in nothingness for endless eternity.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
http://gobolatula.com/ithurts/?comic=469-jennifer

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?
God drat that last line.

Zinkraptor
Apr 24, 2012

I think I missed something important because I seriously don't know why Pasquelo's mom would react that way to him being there. Unless I'm supposed to be confused?

Edit: Like, as far as I can remember, she still hated him, or at least wanted him dead.

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur
Mar 16, 2006

GOOD LUCK!!

Zinkraptor posted:

I think I missed something important because I seriously don't know why Pasquelo's mom would react that way to him being there. Unless I'm supposed to be confused?

Edit: Like, as far as I can remember, she still hated him, or at least wanted him dead.

I think she was at first shaken because he looked so much like a completely human version of her. Then when she realized it was Pasqualo she finally felt that maternal connection, right before she died. That's what's not fair I think.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur posted:

I think she was at first shaken because he looked so much like a completely human version of her. Then when she realized it was Pasqualo she finally felt that maternal connection, right before she died. That's what's not fair I think.

I was confused, but I reread all of the strips she was in, and found a common theme in her character. I think my interpretation works.

She was all the way up to her death obsessed with destroying what made her feel worthless instead of being worthy of someone. She tried to compete with her husband's superior scientific skill, she treated her only son like poo poo because he was a living embodiment of her own flaws, she tried to kill God for judging her.

She squandered all moments to be a mother, she ignored any moment of introspection, she blamed everyone around her. Her narcissism was only matched by her insecurity, and instead of gaining self respect or forgiveness, she tried to punch God in the face screaming that it wasn't fair.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

skipThings
May 21, 2007

Tell me more about this
"Wireless fun-adaptor" you were speaking of.
truth is, it is not fair, not even sure it is supposed to be fair in anyway, it is the most arbitrary poo poo

don't forget that this god judges you for being out in the sun, or is that some kind of metapher I'm not getting ?

• Locked thread