Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*
I've got this article of self reported wrist sizes that shows how strong you should be that I could share with you guys if you want.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fallows
Jan 20, 2005

If he waits long enough he can use his accrued interest from his savings to bring his negative checking balance back into the black.
What if one wrist is larger than the other....

Pesmerga
Aug 1, 2005

So nice to eat you
Cut over and switched to the 5/3/1 BBB. Looking forward to mass gains :getin:

Drunk Driver Dad
Feb 18, 2005

Cobra Commander posted:

I'm mindful of not having my wrists bend during bench press and dips. I notice less pain when I do incline bench than flat or even dips.

Probably just because it's less weight. Have you tried taking a break for a while?

Drunk Driver Dad fucked around with this message at 12:01 on Mar 12, 2017

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Cobra Commander posted:

Nope, and suicide grip makes my wrists feel like death. After push days my right wrist is usually in pain for most of the remaining week.

I'm mindful of not having my wrists bend during bench press and dips. I notice less pain when I do incline bench than flat or even dips.

6 weeks no pushing. Let the inflammation go down and hopefully something will start to heal. Start stretching/mobility after 4.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
The body is really rubbish at healing if you keep breaking it down with weightlifting constantly

Give it some rest or risk permanent damage

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
or do steroids

Cobra Commander
Jan 18, 2011

Yeah I see what the issue is, you guys just don't want me to get bigger. You all want to hold me back from achieving the swoleness I desire.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Cobra Commander posted:

Yeah I see what the issue is, you guys just don't want me to get bigger. You all want to hold me back from achieving the swoleness I desire.

Yes, but i don't want you to hurt yourself either.

Cobra Commander
Jan 18, 2011

Enlarged <3s for you guys looking out for my health.

Tolkien minority
Feb 14, 2012

GBS is nothing but gains goblins!!

Butterwagon
Mar 21, 2010

Lookit that stupid ass-hole!
Saw a trainer putting plates under someone's toes when they were squatting. Is this some secret technique or are 24 hour fitness trainers really that dumb?

Fallows
Jan 20, 2005

If he waits long enough he can use his accrued interest from his savings to bring his negative checking balance back into the black.
My new batch of roids are unlabeled and he says the dosage is 250, probably 300, but feels like 500....

a dingus
Mar 22, 2008

Rhetorical questions only
Fun Shoe

Diggus Bickus posted:

Saw a trainer putting plates under someone's toes when they were squatting. Is this some secret technique or are 24 hour fitness trainers really that dumb?

It's neither. Its a common technique to improve squat form for people with poor flexibility. All it does is simulate a heeled shoe.

Edit* I read the post wrong what they're doing is dumb.

a dingus fucked around with this message at 19:47 on Mar 12, 2017

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream

Smeed posted:

It's neither. Its a common technique to improve squat form for people with poor flexibility. All it does is simulate a heeled shoe.

you read his post wrong. he said under the toes, not heel

Paper Diamonds
Sep 2, 2011

Smeed posted:

To simulate a heeled shoe shouldnt they be putting the plates under the squatter's heels, not the toe?

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

Are they taking the inverse of the idea and trying to train ankle flexibility?

a dingus
Mar 22, 2008

Rhetorical questions only
Fun Shoe

Time posted:

you read his post wrong. he said under the toes, not heel

My bad you're right. I should have known a personal trainer like that would have to do something stupid.

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream

Smeed posted:

My bad you're right. I should have known a personal trainer like that would have to do something stupid.

it sounds like an ankle mobility thing but i cant remember ever seeing that in the ~15 years of lifting around other people

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
You can do that for calf raises.

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream

sassassin posted:

You can do that for calf raises.

sure, thats super common. but the squats thing is strange 2 me

Acelerion
May 3, 2005

Wrist wraps are helpful for heavy benching.

Drunk Driver Dad
Feb 18, 2005
I always wrap the poo poo out of my wrists(not with a heavy duty lifting one, I just jacked some work wrist wraps that go around like one and a half times with velcro) when I do heavy triples. It's more that work fucks my wrists up and it's a way to let me bench heavy. I always try not to use them other times though and my wrists have definitely felt better lately. Every once in a while the nerve will get pissed off though, even if I'm not really lifting or doing anything to them. It's on the ulnar/pinky side.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
i'm content with 100kg bench and my tiny baby wrists can deal with it so no need for WIMPY WRISTBULLSHIT FOR ME :smug:

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

Zzulu posted:

i'm content with 100kg bench and my tiny baby wrists can deal with it so no need for WIMPY WRISTBULLSHIT FOR ME :smug:

I bet you have a great grip when jerking off

E_P
Feb 22, 2003

The plate under the toes thing is supposed to be used for bb hack squats or any movement where the barbell is behind you.

Acelerion
May 3, 2005

If you keep the wraps on tight enough you can give yourself a stranger in the showers afterward.

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

The mist that chills you keeps me warm.

Is there an exercise that should be done on a Smith Machine that wouldn't just be better to do with a barbell? Why do Smith Machines exist?

Fallows
Jan 20, 2005

Batterypowered7 posted:

Is there an exercise that should be done on a Smith Machine that wouldn't just be better to do with a barbell? Why do Smith Machines exist?

Shrugs

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

The mist that chills you keeps me warm.

Can't you just do those with dumbbells?

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Batterypowered7 posted:

Pullups

Fallows
Jan 20, 2005

Batterypowered7 posted:

Can't you just do those with dumbbells?

How am I going to hold 300+ lbs of dumbbells

Fallows
Jan 20, 2005

I still use like 80lb dumbbells for my shrugs tho, its just a different exercise on the smith machine

Herbicidal Maniac
Jun 3, 2008

You will be the effigy I burn, infused with all the traits that make them the detestable little goblins they are.

jarbv posted:

Jesus how many calories did you eat a day

My trainer is an Eastern European Bodybuilder, so... 4,000cal a day.

Defiant Sally
May 6, 2004

Focus your Orochi.

Batterypowered7 posted:

Incline bench to the neck is money

especially if you superset that poo poo with pec deck first, uuuuahhh god man

Thots and Prayers
Jul 13, 2006

A is the for the atrocious abominated acts that YOu committed. A is also for ass-i-nine, eight, seven, and six.

B, b, b - b is for your belligerent, bitchy, bottomless state of affairs, but why?

C is for the cantankerous condition of our character, you have no cut-out.
Grimey Drawer

Batterypowered7 posted:

I do seated behind-the-neck-presses with smith machines.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nncgrxjQ0aM

Drunk Driver Dad
Feb 18, 2005
hello friends, my stupid idiot noodle arms finally benched 185 lbs(one rep). I was always hitting a wall around 140-150 for 5 reps until I swapped to that PHUL thing, thanks again for mentioning that Smegma. I do a 3x3 bench on my strength day and 3x5 barbell bench followed by 3x8-12 dumbell bench on the hypertrophy/volume days. It seems to really be helping, my sleep has actually been all kind of hosed up this past couple of weeks too so if I ever get my bullshit in order I might even have two plates in me this summer.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
that's nice dear but how sexy is your body tho

Drunk Driver Dad
Feb 18, 2005
eh, during my little stint there where I was drinking way too much, I managed to get up to 204 lbs, so I have a bit of body fat to lose now. But some of it must be muscle because I really don't look like a fatty like I'd have thought gaining 30 lbs would have done. My biceps and chest are a little bit bigger too I guess

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

Nice... nice...