Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L

etalian posted:

they are also making local small business go bankrupt due to the disruption and security cordons.

Perfect for nasty rich fuckers to buy up the area and raise the price of everything

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

Dizz posted:

Perfect for nasty rich fuckers to buy up the area and raise the price of everything

The aviation situation is apparently a nightmare since all the airspace is closed off for miles and miles anywhere near the airport/Trump's stupid hotel.

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

haljordan posted:

The aviation situation is apparently a nightmare since all the airspace is closed off for miles and miles anywhere near the airport/Trump's stupid hotel.

Yeah, but it's a private airport so mostly he's just inconveniencing other rich assholes.

angryrobots
Mar 31, 2005

The best tweets are the ones you have to double check are real.

LOL

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001

Flesh Forge posted:

hahaha meanwhile Trump's weekend vacations in Florida cost about 3 million taxpayer dollars a pop

Lol that Trump whined all the time about Obama's "taxpayer funded vacations" and is on pace to spend more vacationing this year than Obama did in eight

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Dial-a-Dog posted:

Lol that Trump whined all the time about Obama's "taxpayer funded vacations" and is on pace to spend more vacationing this year than Obama did in eight

Donald Jennifer Trump is the hardest working man in America and is on track to accomplish more in his first month than Obama did in 8 years; the man deserves to have time to rest

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe

Blue Train posted:

Donald Jennifer Trump is the hardest working man in America and is on track to accomplish more in his first month than Obama did in 8 years; the man deserves to have time to rest

He's already generated more lols than Obama did in eight years. Make America Funny Again

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

3 piece of tape day :eyepop:

Lacey
Jul 10, 2001

Guess where this lollipop's going?
It looks like he has scotch tape UNDER the tail of the tie and then another piece of tape on the keeper loop :wtc:

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

he takes apart each tie he owns to check for wires.

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

This is so utterly tacky I just loving love it

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

Not amount of money buys class I guess. :shrug:

red19fire
May 26, 2010

Pawn 17 posted:

Not amount of money buys class I guess. :shrug:

i'm lolling, but i don't understand what the tape is for. Is it to keep the tie on his shirt? Keep it from falling apart? Is he afraid of the loose flaps of Chinese polyester splaying apart?

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

red19fire posted:

i'm lolling, but i don't understand what the tape is for. Is it to keep the tie on his shirt? Keep it from falling apart? Is he afraid of the loose flaps of Chinese polyester splaying apart?

So the underside of the tie doesn't separate. There's a little loop to stick it in, but it seems like there's a perpetual gust of mocking wind that follows Trump around solely for this purpose.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Dial-a-Dog posted:

I think he did something like 9 golf vacation days in his first month.

That lazy obama!

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

Heath posted:

So the underside of the tie doesn't separate. There's a little loop to stick it in, but it seems like there's a perpetual gust of mocking wind that follows Trump around solely for this purpose.

That and he wears it so low there probably isn't much to put through the loop.

TheSpamalope
Dec 30, 2008

by sebmojo
Lipstick Apathy
Trump is the preident of the country.

Fallows
Jan 20, 2005

If he waits long enough he can use his accrued interest from his savings to bring his negative checking balance back into the black.
I'm not classy enough to own or wear a tie so can soemone explain why the loving president would have tape on his?

red19fire
May 26, 2010

Heath posted:

Yeah, what about the other 2 :v: There's like 4 inches of the little end of the tie, it shouldn't come undone, and a tiny piece of double sided tape should take care of it.

Like it's blowing my mind that Trump has to use tape on his ties like he's an 8 year old ring bearer wearing a suit for the first time. And making me lol.

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001

Fallows posted:

I'm not classy enough to own or wear a tie so can soemone explain why the loving president would have tape on his?

He wears his ties weirdly long so there isn't enough left on the thin part to actually use the loop on the back of a tie that exists for exactly this purpose

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
nobody is really sure it's really tacky. the little strap that you place the tail in on one of my ties broke and i had to tape it once to wear to a wedding because i only own a handful of nice ties and i was mortified that someone might notice and yet now the president of the united states trillionaire donald trump uses 3x as many pieces to secure his tie so clearly i was worried about nothing.

real answer: you cant buy class

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

Fallows posted:

Two reasons: 1) to stop the two ends of the tie from separating (there is a loop for this on the back of the fat end, which you can see) and 2) to keep the tie from flying off the shirt and flopping around.

There is a much more classy way to stop both of these things and it's called a tie clip.

red19fire
May 26, 2010

Is the white house online petition site still up? I want to petition for a variation of the the 50 Cent Challenge where if trump can read one full page of any Harry Potter book out loud, in public, without making a mistake I will vote republican and never lol again in my life.

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Lmao

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy

red19fire posted:

Is the white house online petition site still up? I want to petition for a variation of the the 50 Cent Challenge where if trump can read one full page of any Harry Potter book out loud, in public, without making a mistake I will vote republican and never lol again in my life.

lol

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

This is great

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.

Dial-a-Dog posted:

He wears his ties weirdly long so there isn't enough left on the thin part to actually use the loop on the back of a tie that exists for exactly this purpose

But look in the picture he is using that, and also tape

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

Pawn 17 posted:

Two reasons: 1) to stop the two ends of the tie from separating (there is a loop for this on the back of the fat end, which you can see) and 2) to keep the tie from flying off the shirt and flopping around.

There is a much more classy way to stop both of these things and it's called a tie clip.

He could also probably just get ties with buttons, or hire someone to make them for him.

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

I fail to see the problem.

Adjectivist Philosophy
Oct 6, 2003

When you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss also gazes into you.

turn off the TV posted:

Sorry, you're behind the curve. The new weasel word is "choice."

Ah yes, choice, the ultimate freedom. Except if you're pro choice, in which case you're against freedom? Look, I don't have all day here, you're going to have to take me at my word that it is both the poors fault and the poors who are not doing enough and yeah I guess I'll have a frosty with that.

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
The other big healthcare weasel is "access"

E. sp

proof of concept fucked around with this message at 01:31 on Mar 14, 2017

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
https://twitter.com/RealMuckmaker/status/841433985762885632

Lol

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
https://twitter.com/ProBirdRights/status/841423735307493376

my new dog
May 7, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
still loling at "Be nice, you will do much better!"

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

He's sayin what we're all thinkin!

Woolwich Bagnet
Apr 27, 2003

Healthcare costs are out of control! It increased by 500% in only one sentence!

bag em and tag em
Nov 4, 2008
My plan will be called the
Federal Universal Care for
Youths, Older citizens, Underprivileged

Foxhound
Sep 5, 2007

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Archaic
Jul 6, 2003

Are you a consultant archaeologist in North America?

Unionize today!

PM me and ask me how your future can be history!

bag em and tag em posted:

My plan will be called the
Federal Universal Care for
Youths, Older citizens, Underprivileged

lol