Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Ubiquitus posted:

If it makes you feel better, I have 4!!!! MRobins that are -spd +def. The gently caress will use is a mage that can't kill other mages but can take a facepunch from close combat units?

The whole point of Robin is that he can kind of handle mage duties whilst also being one of the more tanky units in the game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a crisp refreshing Moxie
May 2, 2007

When this game first started my first three 5* units were mRobin, Chrom, and (+DEF) Nowi. The first two have Spur Def and the latter has Rally Defense. The crux of my strategy was standing them next to each other and letting literally every melee unit in the game smash themselves helplessly against them. That team had a serious weakness against mages, but when those weren't a factor it was hilarious watching swordsmen, lancers, and axe wielders all plinking a mage for zero damage.

a crisp refreshing Moxie fucked around with this message at 00:38 on Mar 14, 2017

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.

jokes posted:

With Marth on my team, my motto becomes: "If I see a dragon, I'm gonna kill it" because, no matter the color or stats, my +ATK/-HP marth will murder it and it will be particularly brutal. The fact that swordlords gently caress up Nino too is just icing.

"There's no way I can lose." [Effective against dragons]

Also, I'm not averse to the idea of Ninian being a green dragon simply based on the fact that both Tikis, Nowi and Fae are all supposed to be Divine Dragons and are spread across all three colors.

That said, if she is green, it's gonna be that much worse for her since Falchion wielders are gonna get weapon triangle advantage against her on top of Falchion's effective against dragons bonus. I'm not sure being a dancer is enough of a benefit to outweigh that drawback; then again, I don't really invest too heavily in the PvP aspect of the game, so what the gently caress do I know? :shrug:

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
The hardest thing about fighting dragons is that their damaged pictures are sad instead of sexy.

Do people have trouble with them without falchions?

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

W.T. Fits posted:

That said, if she is green, it's gonna be that much worse for her since Falchion wielders are gonna get weapon triangle advantage against her on top of Falchion's effective against dragons bonus. I'm not sure being a dancer is enough of a benefit to outweigh that drawback; then again, I don't really invest too heavily in the PvP aspect of the game, so what the gently caress do I know? :shrug:

Seems pretty irrelevant to me, you get murdered instead of turbomurdered.

sassassin posted:

The hardest thing about fighting dragons is that their damaged pictures are sad instead of sexy.

Do people have trouble with them without falchions?

I just do normal weapon triangle stuff.

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.

Terper posted:

Character rundown with pictures
It's a couple of pages back, but I gotta give you a quick thanks for this! I want me some Jaffar to go on my Nino team (also to inherit all these skills from all these -atk ninjas the game decided to bless me with).

Ubiquitus
Nov 20, 2011

Hunt11 posted:

The whole point of Robin is that he can kind of handle mage duties whilst also being one of the more tanky units in the game.

Right, but he can't handle mage duties getting doubled by everything

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
Dragons aren't especially dangerous, no. They mostly exist to screw with people who ignore Res, but they can be handled in the same way as any other melee unit most of the time. Some of them have Ranged Counter, but mages have high Res anyway so it's not especially dangerous.

a crisp refreshing Moxie
May 2, 2007

Beat the Ursula map on 4*. :toot:

In the end wound up ditching my 4* Setsuna in favor of 4* Subaki, who was absolutely clutch due to his 0 damage from the ninjas. I used an Eirika-buffed 5* Nino to counter-kill Ursula on the first turn, then with some careful positioning I was able to neutralize the horseman with Subaki while retreating into a spot where Nino and Asuma could blow up the knight. Then it was just a matter of baiting the ninjas into spots where Pegasusman could plink them while my other three guys cowered in the corner.

These maps are frustrating as hell when you don't have the roster, but a free 4* unit is still pretty cool.

Cosmic Afro
May 23, 2011
Update to people that gave me advice about Ursula: It worked out! I got the 'Hard' mode done. Thanks you very much for your help!

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

I wanna be a saikyo HERO!

Clarste posted:

Dragons aren't especially dangerous, no. They mostly exist to screw with people who ignore Res, but they can be handled in the same way as any other melee unit most of the time. Some of them have Ranged Counter, but mages have high Res anyway so it's not especially dangerous.

Yeah, I've currently got Lucina and Julia on my max level team or "so, please field more dragons in arena, thank you".

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.
Kagero also does a stellar job at murdering dragons. Hell, she does a stellar job at murdering anything that's not cavalry, flying or armored... and sometimes even cavalry and flying depending on their Defense and Speed.

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

W.T. Fits posted:

Kagero also does a stellar job at murdering dragons. Hell, she does a stellar job at murdering anything that's not cavalry, flying or armored... and sometimes even cavalry and flying depending on their Defense and Speed.

Hell, she even does fine against Effie if there's a convenient obstacle to kite around. She gets demolished by Hector but no unit is perfect I guess

RobotRob
Aug 7, 2007

Let's get weird, but not end of BSG weird.
Can anyone give some suggestions on who to focus on leveling for a cohesive team? I don't have anyone up to 40 yet but that's the team I currently use. Working on leveling up linde. But this team struggles on any green heavy stuff so looking for suggestions.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

Maybe Lucius is a healer that can focus on damage dealing?

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

What do you guys think forms the best arena defense team out of 5* Marth, Eirika, Sharena, Klein, Nino, and 4* Kagero? I was thinking Eirika Sharena Klein Nino but the more I think about it the more Kagero and Marth seem better than Eirika and Nino when on autopilot. Eirika and Marth have very similar stats, by the way.

DarciisFyer
May 4, 2009

robbob posted:

Can anyone give some suggestions on who to focus on leveling for a cohesive team? I don't have anyone up to 40 yet but that's the team I currently use. Working on leveling up linde. But this team struggles on any green heavy stuff so looking for suggestions.

I'd use ranged nuke-focused core of Linde, Takumi, Tharja, with the fourth of Olivia for mobility/versatility or Effie for higher arena score. Linde can solo so many heroes that it's easier to build a team around what she can't deal with rather than add her to an existing construct. Takumi deals with high-res heroes, and Tharja deals with Hector and greens. Olivia buffs Tharja and simplifies kiting and nuking math.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

bobjr posted:

Maybe Lucius is a healer that can focus on damage dealing?

The problem is that healers have a hidden passive that makes them deal half damage. He'd need something to nullify that.

Heaven Spacey posted:

What do you guys think forms the best arena defense team out of 5* Marth, Eirika, Sharena, Klein, Nino, and 4* Kagero? I was thinking Eirika Sharena Klein Nino but the more I think about it the more Kagero and Marth seem better than Eirika and Nino when on autopilot. Eirika and Marth have very similar stats, by the way.

Nino is terrible on autopilot because she'll just constantly drag your other characters backward for no reason. Having an empty slot is probably better than a Nino on defense.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy

Cosmic Afro posted:

Well, I guess the game hosed me over. My Effie is -Def/+Speed. 25 def at level 35. Wow. I'm just.. gently caress the IV system, seriously. This is putting a hamper on making her my tank for Ursula's map.

Fwiw my Effie is -def/+atk and it's been fine in the defensive department. Wary is what keeps her alive anyway.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Clarste posted:

The problem is that healers have a hidden passive that makes them deal half damage.

For what loving purpose

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

TheKingofSprings posted:

For what loving purpose

To keep mages relevant, probably. My +Spd Elise has 42 Atk and 35 Spd, making her theoretically a better attacker than someone like Merric. Except she does half damage so no. What I really want to know is why their weapons need to be so weak when they're already gimped on damage.

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.

Clarste posted:

To keep mages relevant, probably. My +Spd Elise has 42 Atk and 35 Spd, making her theoretically a better attacker than someone like Merric. Except she does half damage so no. What I really want to know is why their weapons need to be so weak when they're already gimped on damage.
Maybe they'll come out with an offense-based rod/staff user in the future and maybe they don't want you to be able to inherit a powerful weapon on them? Like Iago for Fates, or something, being a debuff machine with an attack-based special attack instead of imbue. That's really the only reason I can think of, and that's a bizzare idea in of itself.

I wish they weren't damage-nerfed though. Elise should be able to out-magic Merric being a dragon-descended royal and all.

Philip Rivers
Mar 15, 2010

Elise is cool and good but it's awful leveling her when she can't do any damage.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
How? Healing is easy exp. It would take fairly long, admittedly but you'll reach there eventually.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
Fairly long is an understatement. There's a cap on how much XP you can get from healing per stage it seems.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
well it's not like you need levels that much anyway. most of their skills cost low.

I don't know, I have like 3 level 40 healers so I just grind a lot I guess.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Tired Moritz posted:

well it's not like you need levels that much anyway. most of their skills cost low.

I don't know, I have like 3 level 40 healers so I just grind a lot I guess.

But what about my arena score!?

Seriously though, I agree with level not mattering that much on healers. It's not like you should be using healers in the arena anyway.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
lol my previous banner streak continues: first pull on the new one and I got a Sanaki

edit: and a Reinhardt

MotU fucked around with this message at 08:08 on Mar 14, 2017

Cosmic Afro
May 23, 2011
New banner is up. I did a draw!

I seem to be doomed to get 5* healers.

I got 5* Priscilla, 4* Serra, Klein, Reinhardt and Jackob(which I already own as a 5*).

Y...Yay? I'm debating another draw, because godamnit, I'm sick of getting healers!

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Aside from the dancer all these characters looks pretty underwhelming

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
ty for the 20 orbs, ninty.

Yes, Ninian is a blue dragon dancer.

Tired Moritz fucked around with this message at 08:17 on Mar 14, 2017

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money
The game should give you a free orb if you roll nothing but 3* characters like I just did. At least one of them was another 3* MRobin to mess with when skill transferrence comes around.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

I got 5* Sheena so I guess that's good?

Space Crabs
Mar 10, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Apparently some people are mad that lucius is a healer?

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

The daily 2 free orbs also went away. At least you can still get one from the arena quests.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
Looks like offense feathers were rebalanced. 1600 was the cap before and now it's 2500. Looks like we might be getting 200 feathers a day of the daily quests are consistent.

Space Crabs posted:

Apparently some people are mad that lucius is a healer?
Not surprised. He was a light mage in the game iirc

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

I'm glad one of the new paralogue quests just gives me Draug because I still don't have an armor unit for the monthly quests.

Retcon
Jun 23, 2010

Got Lucius. His skills seem really bad - HP+, really? Hopefully at least his stats are good.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this
I wonder if they planned it that way or whether it's a response to user complaints.
It's a tricky low-key way to encourage rolling for a while.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
he's supposed to be a tank? But we already have Azama so idk.