Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

And then we're right back to where we started, millions uninsured and those that are pay high premiums or boot the people that need healthcare the most

Sir Tonk posted:

Freep will love it, the CBO said it reduces the deficit.

Freep will love it as long as they're told to love it because freep does not have independent thought. It's like being in a hardcore Amish society where free thought is taboo and you get shunned when you're caught

SocketWrench fucked around with this message at 23:19 on Mar 13, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story
Seeing Steve Bannon referred to as a "godly man" sickens me in a way that's difficult to put into words.

Jagged Jim
Sep 26, 2013

I... I can only look though the window...

Sir Tonk posted:

Freep will love it, the CBO said it reduces the deficit.

It's kind of amazing how perfectly suited this report is for Freep. They're so busy circlejerking over everyone losing their insurance and reducing the deficit that they're not even aware that their own premiums are going to skyrocket if they don't lose it entirely.

Jagged Jim fucked around with this message at 00:52 on Mar 14, 2017

Feinne
Oct 9, 2007

When you fall, get right back up again.

Twelve by Pies posted:

Seeing Steve Bannon referred to as a "godly man" sickens me in a way that's difficult to put into words.

Azathoth counts, they aren't specifying which god.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Feinne posted:

Azathoth counts, they aren't specifying which god.

He's a God (Hand) kind of man.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
6-year-old gave up birthday party to feed the homeless instead

quote:

Public school indoctrination of minds full of mush. Pathetic. No 6-year-old knows enough about life to understand homelessness and what contributing factors are. She’s just being raised to be another BLM SJW punk. I do hope I’m wrong.

3 posted on 3/13/2017, 8:01:25 AM by lefty-lie-spy (Stay metal. For the Horde \m/("_")\m/ - via iPhone from Tokyo.)

quote:

There must be more to the story. It made it into a newspaper after all. This isn’t the empathic unselfish act it’s being portrayed to be. It’s likely just more fake news with an ulterior motive.

5 posted on 3/13/2017, 8:10:03 AM by lefty-lie-spy (Stay metal. For the Horde \m/("_")\m/ - via iPhone from Tokyo.)

quote:

I know a couple kids in my daughters (she is 6) class that did things like this. They gave their Christmas presents away. Their parents were extreme liberals. I assumed that the children were heavily coerced in their decisions; the only way I know about this, is because the mothers bragged about it.

One of the kids admitted that she was very sad that she didn’t get anything.

7 posted on 3/13/2017, 8:20:30 AM by castlegreyskull

quote:

Typical Leftists — generous with other people’s property, even their children’s.

8 posted on 3/13/2017, 8:37:37 AM by nickedknack (Sump'n ain't rat cheer)

quote:

A 6-year-olds should not be tormented with the fear of homelessness.

12 posted on 3/13/2017, 8:59:19 AM by donna ('God's standards, like it or not, are the basis for the laws that led to western civilization.)

quote:

Absolutely! “Fake news” “newspaper” “alterior motive”

13 posted on 3/13/2017, 9:21:26 AM by albie

original emphasis

quote:

With a Republican in the White House, The Homeless™ are in resurgence. :-/
17 posted on 3/13/2017, 10:16:43 AM by Does so (USA: Watching Muslims' 2nd US Generation become "Radicalized"...)

quote:

The mother just wanted bragging rights. I don’t share my charitable activities.

18 posted on 3/13/2017, 10:24:26 AM by castlegreyskull

quote:

Why should a 6 year-old have to think about “giving back to the community”?

19 posted on 3/13/2017, 10:31:33 AM by equaviator (There's nothing like the universe to bring you down to earth.)

:siren:

quote:

It’s all Ivy League prep...though she’s probably already a lock but why take chances

21 posted on 3/13/2017, 10:45:32 AM by wally-balls

quote:

Sure she did.

A blatant case of child exploitation by abusive adults.

This little girl has been ruined for life by the infusion of social awareness imposed on her.

22 posted on 3/13/2017, 10:48:40 AM by x1stcav (Leftism is like rust: It corrodes 24 hours a day until eradicated.)

quote:

“infusion of social awareness”

More like infusion of fake sociology.

25 posted on 3/13/2017, 10:59:20 AM by equaviator (There's nothing like the universe to bring you down to earth.)

quote:

The poor girl lost her father suddenly 2 months ago. I know deep down she never wanted to give away her presents in the first place.

28 posted on 3/13/2017, 11:38:24 AM by castlegreyskull

quote:

Six-year-old already trained in Virtue Signaling.

29 posted on 3/13/2017, 11:48:34 AM by Arthur McGowan (https://youtu.be/IYUYya6bPGw)

quote:

Virtue signaling at its worst.

30 posted on 3/13/2017, 12:26:04 PM by LydiaLong

quote:

Remember the days of “The Poor House”? We had one for destitute people years ago —no living on the street but we did have hobo camps and tramps knocking at the back door asking to do chores for a meal. Poor house folk worked a farm if able bodied, raising their own food. All this before the democrat party turned communist and the republicans were actually conservatives.

31 posted on 3/13/2017, 12:30:29 PM by BTCM (Death and destruction is the only treaty Muslims comprehend.)
I too long for the days when tramps came to my house and I could exploit them for literal crumbs.

quote:

Well, congratulations to that sweet child and her family for their generosity. It turned out well, I think, for a number of people, and we all need to have our generous moments.

But can’t help but think about another story.

Did you hear the one about the little girl who passed a homeless beggar on the street and felt so sorry for him. She decided to visit a businessman and ask for money to give to the homeless man. The businessman said sure. This is how they could do it. She could spend a day weeding his garden and clipping his hedges. It would be hard work, but then he would give her $100, and she could take that to the homeless man. She thought about it and answered, well why can’t the homeless man weed your garden and clip your hedges and then you give him $100? Hmmmm, good idea, he responded, welcome to the Republican Party!!

34 posted on 3/13/2017, 1:25:17 PM by YepYep (Build the America you want at your house and keep looking up.)

quote:

This girl has been badly brainwashed. Why is a 6 year old so political? She is supposed to be playing with dolls. She should be debating which is better ‘my little pony’ or ‘pokemon’. I’m sure she’s ready to run for president.

36 posted on 3/13/2017, 1:37:22 PM by jr3000

quote:

No 6 year old would give up her birthday stuff.
This was an adult convincing her to.

38 posted on 3/13/2017, 1:47:53 PM by BuffaloJack ("If you're going through Hell, keep going." Winston Churchill)

quote:

While there are true acts of kindness every day, this one is so politicized that I call BS. The parent(s) are LIBs and this is a pathetic exploitation and brainwashing of this little girl.

40 posted on 3/13/2017, 1:58:38 PM by hal ogen (First Amendment or Reeducation camp?)

Ended up quoting most of the thread, there's like half a dozen "god bless this girl" posts, tops. Jesus would aprove.

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

I don't know, is it really news to learn that the vast majority of freepers bear a moral compass less developed and more malevolent than that of a six year old girl?

omnibobb
Dec 3, 2005
Title text'd
This makes me really mad. Like kids can be super loving empathetic. My son was 4 and he got invited to a birthday party for a girl in his class and when I asked him what he wanted to get her, he said girl Power Rangers. I asked him if that was what she really wanted or did he want to get it for her since he like Power Rangers. He said the other boys in the class wouldn't let her play with them because she didn't have any girl Power Ranger toys and he wanted her to play with them.

I bought so many yellow and pink power ranger toys.

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

MeLKoR posted:

Person does exactly what was stated in the bible by Jesus and was taught, the hard way to others

"LIBERAL INDOCTRINATED HIPPIE!"

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

SocketWrench posted:

Person does exactly what was stated in the bible by Jesus and was taught, the hard way to others

"LIBERAL INDOCTRINATED HIPPIE!"

Reminder: Freepers don't actually care about Christianity, it's just a bludgeon to enforce the status quo.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire
I like how "knowing the homeless exist and we should help them" is indoctrination and not just common knowledge among kids.
They may not be developed enough to grasp how much it sucks but they know it sucks.

McGlockenshire
Dec 16, 2005

GOLLOCKS!

MeLKoR posted:

Ended up quoting most of the thread, there's like half a dozen "god bless this girl" posts, tops. Jesus would aprove.

I needed to count them for some reason, so here are all of the positive posts from that thread.

quote:

To: grundle

May God bless her mightily!

2 posted on 3/13/2017, 12:52:42 AM by skr (May God confound the enemy)

quote:

To: lefty-lie-spy

Children aren’t stupid. It doesn’t take much imagination to understand what it’s like not to have a home or food. One doesn’t need to know the causes of homelessness, to understand what it’s like to be cold and hungry.

Why in the world would you criticize a wonderful child who gave up her own birthday party, to do the Lord’s work?

4 posted on 3/13/2017, 1:06:43 AM by lbtbell

I'm going to count this one as positive.

quote:

To: lefty-lie-spy

So do I. (hope you are wrong).

I visit a local shelter for homeless families on Christmas and Thanksgiving. I’m on the board of directors (a volunteer position) of the organization that runs the shelter, and it helps keep lines of communication open between the board and the staff.

One Christmas day, I found a local family preparing the Christmas meal for the residents. Their two pre-teen sons had asked their parents to use the money that they would have spent for their Christmas presents to provide a Christmas dinner for the homeless.

It’s a shelter that does not merely provide a bed and a roof. The kids must be in school, the parent(s) must be in school, job training, or working, and after thirty days, they are moved into bridge housing, which has a diminishing rent subsidy for two years.

15 posted on 3/13/2017, 2:55:43 AM by Daveinyork

quote:

If the child felt God’s calling to help homeless people, let it be. Have we all become so jaded that we can’t believe a child would want to help people in need?

27 posted on 3/13/2017, 4:28:18 AM by Londo Molari

quote:

I think some are missing the bigger point here:

“Armani’s birthday party was a success, with the family feeding more than 125 people who gathered.”

NONE of us know the genesis of this girl’s generosity. Perhaps an extended family member spent some time on the streets and she (yes, it’s possible for a six-year-old) wanted to make a difference.

How about praising the kid and dispensing with the darker theories?

33 posted on 3/13/2017, 5:33:37 AM by ScottinVA ( Liberals' agony is my entertainment.)

quote:

If this child travels throughout her city, and her city is anything like my city, she sees the homeless trudging about in the early morning and evening wearing their blankets and holding multiple plastic shopping bags (worn out ones) stuffed with their worldly possessions.

And if this child is anything like my own children were at that age, she asked many questions about why they were wearing blankets and/or were camped out on benches, alleys, sidewalks and dumpsters. And chances are, she was told they were homeless. And, if she’s anything like my kids, she had a million more questions about what homeless was and why.

Especially if she’s a smart kid.

My kids never asked to sacrifice their birthdays, but they sure did go out on their own to invite people over at thanks giving, even if they had to go hunt them down and drag them over. I had one child in particular with a very big heart.

Even as an adult, she has been known to do some crazy stuff. For example, one year she asked me to cook Thanksgiving dinner and take it to a known roudy bar. So, we did that. We brought the entire meal to that place where everyone ate. Most of the patrons were single men who had no place to go for that day. We stuck around and made some new friends who have been happy to pitch in when WE needed a helping hand.

They didn’t forget the meal. Two of those folks helped bring up a beautiful three piece glass and brass entertainment center center. It’s heavy, had to be brought up stairs onto a very low ceiling balcony, AND the banister had to be removed to swing one part around to get it into my home.

One of the men was a carpenter, and he recognized my daughter and I as the ones who brought in Thanksgiving dinner into a bar he was at.

You never know what will drift your way when you cast your bread upon the waters. It returns 7 fold.

I wasn’t charged for the services the carpenter performed for me. He still remembered that meal.

It’s not right to assume the worst with regard to the things people do. Especially when it comes to kids. Anything is possible, including the simple idea that the kid has a beautiful heart.

42 posted on 3/13/2017, 8:22:46 AM by PrairieLady2

Total: ... yes, literally six out of forty two.

gently caress freep forever.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 15 hours!

MeLKoR posted:

A 6-year-olds should not be tormented with the fear of homelessness.

12 posted on 3/13/2017, 8:59:19 AM by donna ('God's standards, like it or not, are the basis for the laws that led to western civilization.)

*cuts food, medical care, and housing for poor children*

And hey can we talk about how Ayn Rand's spirit is still on earth possessing people and posting on freep?

Ayn Rand posted:

I quite agree with the speaker's indignation. I think it's a monstrous thing — the whole progression of everything they're doing — to feature, or answer, or favor the incompetent, the retarded, the handicapped, including, you know, the kneeling buses and all kinds of impossible expenses. I do not think that the retarded should be ~allowed~ to come ~near~ children. Children cannot deal, and should not have to deal, with the very tragic spectacle of a handicapped human being. When they grow up, they may give it some attention, if they're interested, but it should never be presented to them in childhood, and certainly not as an example of something ~they~ have to live down to.

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse
^ Lord knows my life is still shattered after having a best friend through my childhood that had a mental disorder. Why every day I get up and spin in a circle for an hour before going to the kitchen and making a bowl of cereal by tossing the stuff to make it into a corner and peeing on it ala HowtoBasic. After that I hail Satan 6 times, nazi salute Stalin 6 times and sacrifice 6 aborted fetuses to the garbage disposal.

McGlockenshire posted:

I needed to count them for some reason, so here are all of the positive posts from that thread.

I'm going to count this one as positive.

Total: ... yes, literally six out of forty two.

gently caress freep forever.

The last one gets it. Even if it's not something you care for, it's just the human thing to do and you never know when it might come around to help you. The world would be better off if everyone lived thinking that rather than the "gently caress you, got mine" that runs it

SocketWrench fucked around with this message at 05:08 on Mar 14, 2017

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger

SocketWrench posted:

^ Lord knows my life is still shattered after having a best friend through my childhood that had a mental disorder. Why every day I get up and spin in a circle for an hour before going to the kitchen and making a bowl of cereal by tossing the stuff to make it into a corner and peeing on it ala HowtoBasic. After that I hail Satan 6 times, nazi salute Stalin 6 times and sacrifice 6 aborted fetuses to the garbage disposal.

gently caress, dude. Where do you buy your fetuses? I can only afford to do 3 on weekdays and nine for the whole weekend.

Shbobdb
Dec 16, 2010

by Reene
My wives are like crock pots.

Nothing like a slow cooked homemade meal.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Didn't Ayn say that anyone who quotes people is a big fat idiot not worth listening to? Oh hey everyone that quotes her (seriously) are big fat idiots!

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Shbobdb posted:

My wives are like crock pots.

Nothing like a slow cooked homemade meal.

Hail Satan?

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

Didn't Ayn say that anyone who quotes people is a big fat idiot not worth listening to? Oh hey everyone that quotes her (seriously) are big fat idiots!

Moochers should get their own words! If they refuse, the producers should go mute!

McGlockenshire
Dec 16, 2005

GOLLOCKS!
Something to watch freep for tomorrow: Breitbart has published a recorded tape of a conference call that Paul Ryan hosted three days after the pussygrab tape was unveiled. In this tape he says that he will never, ever defend Trump. This statement is made without qualification.

This is not actually a new piece of knowledge, but him saying it on tape is new.

This has Bannon's signature all over it, and we should expect a renewed push to throw Ryan under the bus, and freep is gonna eat it up.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

gently caress Ryan he deserves to get hit by an actual bus.

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
Evil people hurting other evil people. Well, possibly slightly less evil people. Petty, awful and silly. I like that.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

The more the Republicans tear each other to shreds, the better.

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

Keeshhound posted:

gently caress, dude. Where do you buy your fetuses? I can only afford to do 3 on weekdays and nine for the whole weekend.

Dumpster dive behind your local government office if you live in a city that leans blue

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

McGlockenshire posted:

Something to watch freep for tomorrow: Breitbart has published a recorded tape of a conference call that Paul Ryan hosted three days after the pussygrab tape was unveiled. In this tape he says that he will never, ever defend Trump. This statement is made without qualification.

This is not actually a new piece of knowledge, but him saying it on tape is new.

This has Bannon's signature all over it, and we should expect a renewed push to throw Ryan under the bus, and freep is gonna eat it up.

Yeah, because none of the other Republicans currently bootlicking Trump said the same. What a bunch of backstabbing assholes.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
Turkey Says "Migrant Deal Has Ended", May Unleash Millions Of Refugees [Hijrah alert]
http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/3534505/posts

quote:

This is an invasion. The EU needs to fence, blockade and shoot, as necessary, the Muslim animals sent by Erdogan. Kill enough of them and they will stop coming.

2 posted on 3/14/2017, 11:30:51 AM by Truth29

Someone else do this one for me please. :smithicide:

WrenP-Complete
Jul 27, 2012

I stand to lose my healthcare in the recent changes. I'm a contractor with a pre-existing condition (ankylosing spondylitis). I'm going to take a break from this thread and come back when I feel less tearful.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire

WrenP-Complete posted:

I stand to lose my healthcare in the recent changes. I'm a contractor with a pre-existing condition (ankylosing spondylitis). I'm going to take a break from this thread and come back when I feel less tearful.

If it helps freep hates it too!

McGlockenshire
Dec 16, 2005

GOLLOCKS!

RagnarokAngel posted:

If it helps freep hates it too!

Yeah but freep hates it because not enough people are going to die because of it.

MeLKoR posted:

Turkey Says "Migrant Deal Has Ended", May Unleash Millions Of Refugees [Hijrah alert]
http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/3534505/posts

Someone else do this one for me please. :smithicide:

quote:

To: markomalley

Turkey "demanded" that it's propagandists and agitators be allowed to influence the political process for Dutch citizens and give up their sovereignty.

When they refused (as they should have), Turkey invades Europe with even more Muslim military aged men.

This is an Act of War folks.

But Europe has been feminized, emasculated, and de-Christianized.

The whole continent is rotten, and all it takes is a final kick from the Muslim boot of fascist tyranny and the whole thing will collapse.

[image omitted]

3 posted on 3/14/2017, 4:35:32 AM by SkyPilot ("I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me." John 14:6)

quote:

The problem is being solved. As the Euphrates Valley is cleared of the radicals, space for refugees opens up in Syria.

Refugee camps will be established by Trump paid for with other nations (especially the GCC) money. It will happen very soon

6 posted on 3/14/2017, 4:44:34 AM by bert (K.E.; N.P.; GOPc;WASP .... Hillary is Ameritrash, pass it on)

Ataturk is rolling in his grave right now.

quote:

I knew turkey was not to be trusted. They’re muzzies! They’ve wanted to join the EU for a long time. What a disaster that would be! Like putting a bunch of weasels in the chicken house.

7 posted on 3/14/2017, 4:51:04 AM by I want the USA back (Liberalism is a mental disorder without a cure.)

quote:

To: Truth29

14 centuries of naked aggression by Islam isn’t enough to get PCdiots to pull their heads out of their can. Nothing is.

13 posted on 3/14/2017, 6:17:35 AM by Rurudyne (Standup Philosopher)

quote:

Time to wake up, world. Call them what they are, INVADERS.

14 posted on 3/14/2017, 6:35:08 AM by MHGinTN (A dispensational perspective is a powerful tool for discernment)

quote:

With the latest Turkish provocations, Geert Wilders edges ever closer to becoming the new Dutch prime minister. He should publicly thank Sultan Erdogan when he takes power.

18 posted on 3/14/2017, 7:30:53 AM by elcid1970 ("The Second Amendment is more important than Islam. Buy ammo.")

McGlockenshire
Dec 16, 2005

GOLLOCKS!
Oh good, they finally read Breitbart this morning.

From Paul Ryan Abandoned Donald Trump: ‘I Am Not Going to Defend Donald Trump—Not Now, Not in the Future’ posted by freeper Enlightened1

quote:

To: Enlightened1

Yes this was in October, but his actions by NOT DEFENDING our president this past few months speak volumes!!!! Kick the bastard out into the blizzard!!! Loyalty to these bartards means squat!!! Replace now!!!!!

3 posted on 3/14/2017, 8:13:38 AM by RoseofTexas

Oh, I hadn't thought of this.

quote:

So then let the “freedom liberty tea party caucus” members, or whatever they call themselves, move for his removal.

They voted to put that fool there, KNOWING that this quote existed.

4 posted on 3/14/2017, 8:13:53 AM by VanDeKoik

"Is Ryan still trying to discourage us from dehumanizing people?"

quote:

Is Ryan still standing in solidarity with islam?

7 posted on 3/14/2017, 8:14:20 AM by Darksheare (Those who support liberal "Republicans" summarily support every action by same.)

quote:

To: Darksheare

Backstabbing MF’er Benedict Arnold RINO Ryan....CLEAN THE SWAMP!!!!

10 posted on 3/14/2017, 8:16:36 AM by RoseofTexas

quote:

There's no question about Paul Ryan. We've known he's a bought and paid for uni-party globalist elitist for quite some time. What's disgusting is that the Republicans have a massive majority of Republicans in the HOR, beyond their wildest expectations. They got this majority by appealing to Deplorables. This tape does make it seem that they had NO INTENTION to keep their campaign promises. Paul Ryan still still being Speaker means one thing....he is a shield between them and their promises to the voters.

How does that DC swamp ever get drained?

11 posted on 3/14/2017, 8:17:16 AM by grania (only a pawn in their game)

Who is being addressed here?

quote:

Needs to be removed from office. Go home, do not leave your house. If you do, you will be arrested and imprisoned.

13 posted on 3/14/2017, 8:19:36 AM by MeneMeneTekelUpharsin (Freedom is the freedom to discipline yourself so others don't have to do it for you.)

Freeper antidemoncrat is probably right.

quote:

I’ve never believed Ryan or McConnell are really backing Pres. Trump. They are both part of the Established politicians whose only desire is to hold onto power. I believe they are just biding their time, acting like they are working for the good of the US, until they can regain power.

15 posted on 3/14/2017, 8:20:57 AM by antidemoncrat

This thread is still young, we'll have to return to it later.

McGlockenshire
Dec 16, 2005

GOLLOCKS!
Ah, there's an earlier thread.

From Breitbart Releases Paul Ryan Audio: “I Am Not Going To Defend Trump – Not Now, Not In The Future” posted by freeper Whenifhow

You know what Congress needs? More literal backstabbing. (Yes I know he wasn't backstabbed, shut up.)

quote:

To: Whenifhow

The Ides of March is tomorrow.

3 posted on 3/14/2017, 4:37:16 AM by mewzilla (I'll vote for the first guy who promises to mail in his SOTU addresses.)

"Ryan is powerless because he'd have to actually do deals with the Democrats to bypass Trump."

quote:

To: Diogenesis

Ryan, that dumb rear end, fails to realize that Trump has “the pen” which can or will not, sign and approve ANY legislature put forth by the Republicans. Yes, the rino’s can override the need for the presidents signature but it could be one hell of a tough fight to do so. Talk about the demodummies self destructing, the rino’s are cutting their own throats by having Ryan on their side and driving the bus.

5 posted on 3/14/2017, 4:44:17 AM by DaveA37

quote:

“Personally, you need to decide what’s best for you. And you all know what’s best for you where you are.”

Where in this statement do the people fall. It is all about them. Why not do what is best for the people. If a soldier thought this way whenever things got tough he would turn and run. Ryan thinks only about how to get reelected.

7 posted on 3/14/2017, 4:48:59 AM by Rik0Shay
If you keep listening to the audio, Ryan makes it very, very clear during the call that he feels Trump is going to lose very, very badly, so he says this below. The call is literally about the then-upcoming election. It's literally about getting reelected, you goddamn loving moron.

Oh, right, I keep forgetting that freep doesn't understand why the pussygrab tape is a big loving deal.

quote:

So? Who thinks Trump needs defending? Who thinks that, if he did need defending, Paul Ryan would be any use even with his best effort.

Is Trump the great one sweeping all before him, or is he a quivering maiden needing a line of self-serving wonks to surround him and threaten to bore his enemies to death? He can’t be both, can he?

8 posted on 3/14/2017, 4:53:52 AM by Tax-chick ("To be arguing constantly against bores is to become a bore oneself." ~Theodore Dalrymple)

Sorry, I can't read that first line with a straight face.

quote:

.....Today President Trump will take the high road and praise Speaker Paul Ryan yet again; telling the audience to drop old grudges, there are more important tasks at hand… we must remove the lumps from our political hearts.....

Same with ALL of the other leaks/smears/slanders against team Trump since before election day.

NOBODY will question Trump when Trump needs to eliminate ALL 0bama appointees and drastically shrink the Federal Government.
After all, the leaks are harmfull to national security and economic success

9 posted on 3/14/2017, 4:54:55 AM by Steven Tyler

Freep opinions: if we ignore every single bit of evidence showing what kind of man Trump is, he could still be good, right?

quote:

Visual of President Trump skewering speaker Ryan even metaphorically makes my day, however once again I had no doubt. President Trump may have been born on a weekend but it wasn’t last weekend. This is a shrewd man, and intuitive man and thank God he’s our president and he will clean out and drain the swamp one by one as he promised. That will give way to a health care bill that will make all happier than they are now, I have no doubt.

12 posted on 3/14/2017, 4:59:40 AM by connyankee (#MAGABEGINS)

quote:

"Paul Ryan's conference call with House Republicans 10.10.16

On a never-before-released private October conference call with House Republican members, House Speaker Paul Ryan told his members in the U.S. House of Representatives he was abandoning then-GOP presidential nominee Donald Trump forever and would never defend him ever again. (read more)

Here’s what everyone needs to understand about this play:"

First:
  • That this was a planned response to the 'grab 'em' tape
  • That release of that tape was orchestrated by Yeb! & Co
  • That Gymrat was in on it
  • That the goal was not to eliminate Trump and place Pence at the top of the ticket; but rather accommodation with Cankles
  • That the entire coup spectacularly backfired when Americans didn't give a gymrat's rear end what Trump said, particularly women
  • That even today, Trump should call for a Special Prosecutor [or directive the appropriate new US Attorneys] to examine the machinations of all the #NeverTrumpers, and to commence high-profile prosecutions
20 posted on 3/14/2017, 5:10:49 AM by StAnDeliver (Prosecute the win. Run up the score.)

Because all congresscritters are the "good ones" if they're your local congresscritter.

quote:

Why wasn’t this mo-fo primaried?

28 posted on 3/14/2017, 5:20:43 AM by petercooper (Why don't polls ever add up to 100%?)

Freep opinions: being forced to pay a private for-profit company is pure socialism.

quote:

To: Diogenesis

Trump said healthcare would be done in 3 stages. I haven’t read the first stage yet, but if the tax is repealed, then it is a success. The rest can just collapse and fail on its own. The TAX, or the FORCING of purchasing healthcare for others, is pure socialism.

33 posted on 3/14/2017, 5:27:23 AM by davidb56

what

quote:

To: Whenifhow; All

Seems like Fake news. The Trump statement was recorded during the campaign, it was *not made* during the conference call.

I expect better of Breitbart and CT.

39 posted on 3/14/2017, 5:53:47 AM by marktwain (President Trump and his supporters are the Resistance. His opponents are the Reactionaries.)

quote:

What a lyin, stinking weasel Ryan is. He says ‘the last thing we need is another term of 0bama policies....’, yet, he’s the one who funded 0’s detrimental policies!!

Snake!!

Praying for POTUS’ safety against this (and other DC/0bama/Clinton/establishment) evil player’s doings.

48 posted on 3/14/2017, 7:28:42 AM by Jane Long (Praise God, from whom ALL blessings flow.)

So, nobody is actually defending Ryan here, but more people are saying that this isn't actually a big deal than I thought. I was expecting a full on revolt and it's just more muttering. How disappointing. I was hoping that this'd be the last straw for Ryan as a Republican leader.

SixPabst
Oct 24, 2006

quote:

To: edie1960
WHY in earth would 20 million people who are dependent on OBAMACARE have voted for Trump, REPEALING this bill was his MAIN campaign promise along with the WALL!!! People depending on a program DO NOT vote for a person PROMISING to destroy the program!!!

21 posted on 3/13/2017, 11:40:33 PM by Trump Girl Kit Cat (Yosemite Sam raising hell)

i am afraid i have some news for you, trump girl kit cat

Zwabu
Aug 7, 2006

Ryan WAS primaried if I recall, by some Trumpster, the primary just didn't go anywhere.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Rachel Maddow claims to have Trump's tax returns and is supposedly revealing them in 5 minutes.

I have a feeling, if this is legitimate and not Maddow drumming up attention for no reason, that Freep will just dismiss it all as fake news and ignore it.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

chitoryu12 posted:

Rachel Maddow claims to have Trump's tax returns and is supposedly revealing them in 5 minutes.

I have a feeling, if this is legitimate and not Maddow drumming up attention for no reason, that Freep will just dismiss it all as fake news and ignore it.

Watch it be for his "charity" or something.

Jagged Jim
Sep 26, 2013

I... I can only look though the window...
lol

quote:

Lord Jesus: We take authority in Your Name Lord over this supposed tax return release of President Trump's tax returns.

Lord God, quell the wickedness in high places that we are wrestling with now: shut the mouths of every lie spoken against the President, and may the truth of the motives of those who say they are releasing these supposed tax returns be revealed for all Americans to see.

The wicked plans of the NWO Uniparty liars are abhorrent to You, Lord God; we believe they are whom You laugh at in derision in Psalm 2... expose, unveil and reveal the evil that these men try to do to us, Lord, we have no one but You to cry out to; and yet, You are all that we need. You say "Vengeance is mine, I will repay" ... repay, avenge as we trust You in all things, including the evil manner in which the media stands in dark lies about You and about the President.

Hear us, Lord, help us and protect the President tonight and always. Praises be to Your name, AMEN

PSALM 2

Why do the heathen rage, and the people imagine a vain thing? 2 The kings of the earth set themselves, and the rulers take counsel together, against the Lord, and against his anointed, saying, 3 Let us break their bands asunder, and cast away their cords from us. 4 He that sitteth in the heavens shall laugh: the Lord shall have them in derision. 5 Then shall he speak unto them in his wrath, and vex them in his sore displeasure.

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

mintskoal posted:

i am afraid i have some news for you, trump girl kit cat

lol, it's almost like some people are single issue voters and thus are dumb as poo poo. Freep isn't even single issue. If he's republican they'll vote. gently caress, if Ryan became their next candidate every one of these rear end goblins would be licking his nut sack

McGlockenshire
Dec 16, 2005

GOLLOCKS!

quote:

To: Sontagged

Someone has to go to jail for leaking Trump’s tax return (wherin Pres. Trump paid a lot of money, too). Rachel Maddow is trying to use buzzwords from the tax return to smear the President.

9 posted on 3/14/2017, 6:16:45 PM by Stepan12 (go)

quote:

To: Vendome

Careful Msss Maddow
Threefold back at you
That’s what your sisterhood believes ...

10 posted on 3/14/2017, 6:19:21 PM by silverleaf (Age takes a toll: Please have exact change)

quote:

To: silverleaf

Would be hilarious if she were arrested on air...

11 posted on 3/14/2017, 6:23:38 PM by Vendome (I've Gotta Be Me - hxxps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wH-pk2vZG2M)

quote:

To: Sontagged

Just watched the main segment. YUGE ‘nothingburger’. Nothing but spaculation. NO teeth. Total joke just for rati gs.

14 posted on 3/14/2017, 6:38:16 PM by RushIsMyTeddyBear (****happy dance**** BIGLY!!!! Shadilay!)

SatansOnion
Dec 12, 2011

quote:

The wicked plans of the NWO Uniparty liars are abhorrent to You, Lord God; we believe they are whom You laugh at in derision in Psalm 2...

What NWO? This is the age of the Bullet Club, old-timer :cool:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

SatansOnion posted:

What NWO? This is the age of the Bullet Club, old-timer :cool:

And whats the sub faction in the Bullet Club that runs everything? The Elite.