Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vitamin P
Nov 19, 2013

Truth is game rigging is more difficult than it looks pls stay ded

Milky Moor posted:

incredible. re: quarians not only did the species known for their general excellence with ship maintenance run into "technical issues" but they're also bringing along a whole bunch of different species, which seems to be a very strange choice given the whole weak immune system/different bio-chemistry thing they have going on

really

The technical issues were caused by all the different biological needs, it may well have been the quarian ship managing them all because of their excellent ship maintenance skills.

Also the quarians are kind of oppressed already so it makes sense that they would be the ones to reach out to help the other 'little guy' races, that's a common dynamic IRL.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

Kavak posted:

He was the last link the company had to the Baldur's Gate days. I have no idea what he actually wrote in BGII though, it could've been the parts I hated.

He put out some "unofficial" mods that changed Throne of Bhaal that a lot of people liked.

Bossie Lott
Nov 21, 2010

Milky Moor posted:

incredible. re: quarians not only did the species known for their general excellence with ship maintenance run into "technical issues" but they're also bringing along a whole bunch of different species, which seems to be a very strange choice given the whole weak immune system/different bio-chemistry thing they have going on

really

They seem to just be ignoring or retconning tons of stuff. On the official website I've seen mentions of "former-Justicars" and Cora being part of an Asari biotic commando unit.

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

Doctor Spaceman posted:

He put out some "unofficial" mods that changed Throne of Bhaal that a lot of people liked.

Yeah but Ascension victimizes Imoen again and you have no way to stop it even if she's your mage, which I hate :(

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...
tbh the best thing to do with imoen is petrify her and just walk away

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Bossie Lott posted:

They seem to just be ignoring or retconning tons of stuff.

The correct way to soft reboot a franchise.

At this point I'll be surprised if mass effect fields still exist. I'm indifferent to them so I'm ok with this.

It's not like Spiderman hasn't been rebooted like a million times already so things will work out.

^ I remember putting Imoen in my party and thinking "wow I'm sure there will be loads of cool dialogue now I've saved her from Irenicus" and all I recall is about one line when you get your soul back.
Waste of a party member slot.

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'

DancingShade posted:

At this point I'll be surprised if mass effect fields still exist. I'm indifferent to them so I'm ok with this.

It's not like Spiderman hasn't been rebooted like a million times already so things will work out.

is there a single person who thinks the incredibly numerously rebooted incredible spiderman franchise is actually a good thing, though? ignoring the fact that it has existed far longer than mass effect, of course.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Milky Moor posted:

is there a single person who thinks the incredibly numerously rebooted incredible spiderman franchise is actually a good thing, though? ignoring the fact that it has existed far longer than mass effect, of course.

Good or not it makes cash still which is ultimately the point.

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'

DancingShade posted:

^ I remember putting Imoen in my party and thinking "wow I'm sure there will be loads of cool dialogue now I've saved her from Irenicus" and all I recall is about one line when you get your soul back.
Waste of a party member slot.

imoen was supposed to die at that point, or have been killed before you get to spellhold. one of the two.

hell, in BG1 she was added in as an afterthought using cut-up dialogue. it's why her responses and such are so different to any other party member.

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

Milky Moor posted:

imoen was supposed to die at that point, or have been killed before you get to spellhold. one of the two.

You were never supposed to rescue her and eventually fight and kill her just before Irenicus. Tester feedback made them change it but it was too late to give her any new lines. And I'll take silent over actively annoying like Nalia.

Nodelphi
Jan 30, 2004

We are all quite capable of believing in anything as long as it's improbable.

Ham Wrangler

quote:

Do they still do coupons or something? I can only get it for 20% from GMG.

They gave me a birthday coupon that stacked with their other discounts.

Nodelphi fucked around with this message at 14:01 on Mar 14, 2017

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin

Zzulu posted:

Liam is just generic and you cant gently caress dadryder (I think???) so he doesnt count

Get fuckkkkked, Liam is very attractive >:/

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

Hedrigall posted:

Get fuckkkkked, Liam is very attractive >:/

But also generic, from what we've seen.

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE
What does generic mean? That you could create him in the character creator as opposed to being the face scan of a model?

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

In this case I think it means he is set up as the best friend archetype and just seems to be exactly that.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
That he seems to have a bland and boring personality. I dunno, the voice acting in the loyalty mission we saw felt really matter-of-fact and emotionless. Actually most of the voice acting I've heard seems that way.

dead gay comedy forums
Oct 21, 2011

imho bland and boring, AKA the "jacob problem", is that in the hilarious chucklefuckfest train that was the Normandy, a guy whose major problem was that he thought his dad was dead and had worked his issues with it already in comparison to the others was basically "nah he's uninteresting"

But Jacob's purpose was to inspire the funniest thing ever made from ME2:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7gGShiM1Exc

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Supposedly preload is up for the PS4 version.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Can you get Origin Access through a free trial? I'd like to play early but I don't want to pay $5 for that.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

Nichael posted:

Can you get Origin Access through a free trial? I'd like to play early but I don't want to pay $5 for that.

I think so, given the wording on the site? At least I saw an option for an Origin Access free trial that sounded like it meant that the other day, but I can't seem to find it now.

Also, someone caught that the Andromeda title screen is an Aliens reference:

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
johnny jesus and the infield fly rule

marshmallow creep posted:

I think so, given the wording on the site? At least I saw an option for an Origin Access free trial that sounded like it meant that the other day, but I can't seem to find it now.

um they CLEARLY copy-pasted that from Aliens, game ruined

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!

Skippy McPants posted:

Talking Mordin out of curing the genophage is maybe the single worst thing you can do in the entire series.

I'm playing through again now and I killed kaiden, mordin, all the geth, and Miranda. Burn all bridges on the road to Andromeda.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

pop fly to McGillicutty posted:

I'm playing through again now and I killed kaiden, mordin, all the geth, and Miranda. Burn all bridges on the road to Andromeda.

They can't poison the well if you already filled it with corpses. Genius!

Ages
Feb 20, 2005

Its just half the puffin juice and the puffin lives and doesnt mind. I promise!
Fun Shoe

marshmallow creep posted:

Pattonesque posted:

It's Alien, not Aliens. Jeez, guys, get it right! :argh:

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Pattonesque posted:

You'll find they stole it from my deviant art page!

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

Nichael posted:

You get access to multiple games like BF4 and the newest mirrors edge for those bucks as well so it's kind of worth it imo

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Zzulu posted:

You get access to multiple games like BF4 and the newest mirrors edge for those bucks as well so it's kind of worth it imo

I own the latter, and don't really care about the former but I guess that's a good deal if you have a different situation than me. Also, you can't actually get a trial right now according to their customer service. The timing on that offer expired to coincide with Andromeda's ten hours preview I think.

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004

Norns posted:

You'll find they stole it from my deviant art page!

ugh, it's bad. it's so loving bad. what happened to the old BioWare?

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Bioware more like idontcare

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Oh and that star wars game too, you can play that too

PureRok
Mar 27, 2010

Good as new.
I'm going to play this game and more than likely enjoy it.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

PureRok posted:

I'm going to play this game and more than likely enjoy it.

I want to but I just got Zelda. Haven't finished nier and then persona 5 next month.

I don't have time for all this poo poo.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

Well my track record of having no real problems with Origin is at an end because now it won't update files. It was giving me the "waiting for permission" error and now that I seem to be past that it now queues updates forever with no % complete.

edit: And now "Repair in Queue" forever.

marshmallow creep fucked around with this message at 16:14 on Mar 14, 2017

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

It's building the space ship for you, just be patient.

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
Polygon is livestreaming the game

https://www.facebook.com/polygon/videos/vb.340327135979921/1491473064198650/?type=2&theater

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Not monster factory, pass

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

Ah, facebook, that famous video game streaming website.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

You know what, this is making me feel a little more confident about the game. It feels like Mass Effect and it hasn't crapped out with bugs or graphical glitches yet. Do you know what system they're streaming from?

E: Nevermind it's PS4.

E2: I really hope the chests aren't randomized. I had bad memories of schematic farming in DA:I

Funky See Funky Do fucked around with this message at 16:47 on Mar 14, 2017

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Are they playing on the pro or OGPS4?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Martout
Aug 8, 2007

None so deprived

*plinks away at enemies with pistol instead of assault rifle, barely uses powers*

it's polygon all right