Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Linx posted:

Huh, I also had no idea you could turn on health points as well - good to know!

Wear the Champion's tunic. Its a feature of that armor.

As a bonus it has the highest base defense in the game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Linx posted:

Huh, I also had no idea you could turn on health points as well - good to know!

It shows up if you wear the Champion's Tunic, specifically. It's also a little bit more helpful than it seems: it'll show you hidden enemies that you wouldn't see a health bar for if you weren't wearing the tunic.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Lmao

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Welp

Linx
Aug 14, 2008

Pork Pro

Echophonic posted:

It's the perk on the Champion's Tunic.

drat :sigh:

EDIT:

Can someone tell me again what it is that lets you do this?

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Linx posted:

EDIT:

Oh, sure it's the wait a minute...

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

Linx posted:

EDIT:

It's the Campion Toon Link.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

You have to activate Toon World in order to be able to special summon Toon Link. If Toon World is destroyed, return Toon Link to your hand.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Are the amibo items avalable in the game at all? I want wolf link but don't need Zelda toys.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Norns posted:

Are the amibo items avalable in the game at all? I want wolf link but don't need Zelda toys.

No. They're Amiibo exclusive.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Well poo poo

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Zore posted:

No. They're Amiibo exclusive.

They aren't even in the Compendium. The Camera won't recognise any of the weapons.

Macintosh HD
Mar 9, 2004

Oh no its today
My in-game album is full. If I delete a photo from there, does the compendium photo get removed too?

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Macintosh HD posted:

My in-game album is full. If I delete a photo from there, does the compendium photo get removed too?

Nope.

Macintosh HD
Mar 9, 2004

Oh no its today

That's good news.

There really should've been a "only keep in compendium" option when saving a picture.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

I beat that Lynel on my first try :smug:

Linx
Aug 14, 2008

Pork Pro
Is the amiibo stuff on a per-figure basis, or could I theoretically get some cool poo poo from the cards that came with that god-awful animal crossing "game"?

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Linx posted:

Is the amiibo stuff on a per-figure basis, or could I theoretically get some cool poo poo from the cards that came with that god-awful animal crossing "game"?

Legend of Zelda amiibo have potential specific rewards tied to them (eg; the Ocarina of Time tunic, pants and hood from an Ocarina of Time Link), the rest give random regular loot in a chest and food.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

Macintosh HD posted:

That's good news.

There really should've been a "only keep in compendium" option when saving a picture.

This would be really nice. I don't want a picture of half a moose antler, but I needed it for the compendium.

Prairie Bus
Sep 22, 2006

Zore posted:

Rubber hood is in a random shrine, Zora hat is in a lake with no quest or directon to get to, Heat res hat is in two hard to unlock optional shops, ancient helm costs a fuckton more than the diadem.
The Zora hat's location is on a giant tablet in the Zora city - its the one with missing letters.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
Interesting discovery; Pre-existing photos that have sidequest content in them still count for those sidequests.

Spellman
May 31, 2011

The writing in Breath of the Wild, for clues and things is really good. It has like a distinctly Zelda voice to it, in that it's not super-serious, but it's definitely matured. I did a puzzle with some face-trees in the Lost Woods, and the clues were cute

Please place the chest in my mouth.
The shield eater's brother stole it from me.

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines
Oh my god instead of wasting fire arrows you can just (minor mechanics spoiler) set the arrows on fire yourself by holding your bow and arrow over a fire and if you don't have a fire you don't even need to look for a campfire spot, you can just drop wood and flint yourself.

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
Flint is needed for getting and upgrading certain pieces of very useful armor. I'd hold on to at least 10.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Onean posted:

Flint is needed for getting and upgrading certain pieces of very useful armor. I'd hold on to at least 10.

It's loving everywhere though.

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

You can also sell it for pretty good money to the guy in the Rito village.

Does anyone know where the quest giver is for the shrine in the west Garuda desert? I got knocked off my seal by a Mulduga there, saw the torches and lit them, got the shrine... but I can't seem to find the quest giver for it. I'm at 40/42, I know this is one of the two missing ones.

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

parallelodad posted:

It's loving everywhere though.
Yep. And can I find opal ATM? Can I buggery. Everything except loving opal is basically jumping out of the ground and throwing itself at me, but not a chunk of bloody opal can I get.

(Ed: yeah, I know I can buy it from the Goron on the road or Pellison, but I'm a cheapskate.)

Runcible Cat fucked around with this message at 17:20 on Mar 14, 2017

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

I LOVE SEEING DEAD BABIES ON 𝕏, THE EVERYTHING APP. IT'S WORTH IT FOR THE FOLLOWING TAB.

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Interesting discovery; Pre-existing photos that have sidequest content in them still count for those sidequests.

I wish this also applied to compendium photos deleted from the album. I already got the dang picture right there.

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Runcible Cat posted:

Yep. And can I find opal ATM? Can I buggery. Everything except loving opal is basically jumping out of the ground and throwing itself at me, but not a chunk of bloody opal can I get.

Just go kill a few Stone Talus and you'll get more amber/opal/flint than you know what to do with.

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

Nephzinho posted:

Just go kill a few Stone Talus and you'll get more amber/opal/flint than you know what to do with.
None of the tight bastards are dropping opal for me for some reason.

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

I LOVE SEEING DEAD BABIES ON 𝕏, THE EVERYTHING APP. IT'S WORTH IT FOR THE FOLLOWING TAB.
"Bravery's Grasp" is a cool name for that shrine's gimmick. It took me ten minutes of messing about before I even factored that piece of the puzzle into the equation.

Fhqwhgads
Jul 18, 2003

I AM THE ONLY ONE IN THIS GAME WHO GETS LAID
Are Korok Seeds marked on your map automatically as you find them? For some reason I thought my map was marking them as I found them but now I don't see any and am wondering if I'm just going crazy...

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Hey if you were buying one amiibo to try it out with this. What one would you get.

Asking for a friend...

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Fhqwhgads posted:

Are Korok Seeds marked on your map automatically as you find them? For some reason I thought my map was marking them as I found them but now I don't see any and am wondering if I'm just going crazy...

Yes. You have to zoom in to see them, though.

FiftySeven
Jan 1, 2006

I WON THE BETTING POOL ON TESSAS THIRD STUPID VOTE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS HALF-ASSED TITLE

Slippery Tilde

Norns posted:

Hey if you were buying one amiibo to try it out with this. What one would you get.

Asking for a friend...

Probably Original smash bros Link? That gets you Epona and the Twilight princess armor among other things.

Kawabata
Apr 20, 2014

You plebians just don't know what epic literature is. You should try reading Stephanie Meyer, E.L. James, Dan Brown, or Ayn Rand.
No spoilers please, but is there anyone repairing your dumb glass weapons at some point? Because I'd rather not destroy my cool ice sword.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

Kawabata posted:

No spoilers please, but is there anyone repairing your dumb glass weapons at some point? Because I'd rather not destroy my cool ice sword.

No just get another one lol

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Kawabata posted:

You get plenty of everything, go wild.

Fhqwhgads
Jul 18, 2003

I AM THE ONLY ONE IN THIS GAME WHO GETS LAID

Harrow posted:

Yes. You have to zoom in to see them, though.

Brain fart, yeah I just noticed that. Thanks!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

Kawabata posted:

The coliseum ruins North of the great plateau is filled to the brim with enemies that wield all types of elemental weapons, and a silver lynel who is pretty weak because he also wields a regular rear end fire sword instead of the much powerful lynel weapons