Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Poll: Who Should Be Leader of HM Most Loyal Opposition?
This poll is closed.
Jeremy Corbyn 95 18.63%
Dennis Skinner 53 10.39%
Angus Robertson 20 3.92%
Tim Farron 9 1.76%
Paul Ukips 7 1.37%
Robot Lenin 105 20.59%
Tony Blair 28 5.49%
Pissflaps 193 37.84%
Total: 510 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
On sunday louise mensch said live on the BBC that andrew breitbart was murdered and now this

https://twitter.com/willsommer/status/841674540929409024?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Tesseraction posted:

The Green Party's central committee are full of right-wing people who are virulently opposed to gay people, trans people, black people, women, Muslims, etc.

The youth of the party frequently said that they're more naturally Labour but couldn't support New Labour. With any luck the outcome of the Corbyn experiment will at least have a new generation of left-wing Labour members to revive the party post-2020 defeat.

Please, you mean the Green Party of England & Wales. The Scottish Green Party is very good. Except on the usual issues that goons love involving science.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Pissflaps posted:

At least my impotent winnings on a dead comedy forum won't actively make Labour worse.

True, just the thread.

forkboy84 posted:

Please, you mean the Green Party of England & Wales. The Scottish Green Party is very good. Except on the usual issues that goons love involving science.

I have to admit I've not heard much from the Scottish one (for some reason down here in the Midlands).

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy

Jose posted:

Hummus is alright i don't know why people love it so much though. I'm currently eating some nik naks

I hope those are Nice N Spicy

(Rib N Saucy is an okay second)

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Tesseraction posted:

I have to admit I've not heard much from the Scottish one (for some reason down here in the Midlands).

Well, they are good. Patrick Harvie is the best. The natural party for left wing pro-independence supporters. Also have more MSPs than UKIP & the Lib Dems combined which is nice.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

forkboy84 posted:

Well, they are good. Patrick Harvie is the best. The natural party for left wing pro-independence supporters. Also have more MSPs than UKIP & the Lib Dems combined which is nice.

Ah, so they have 1?

*turns to give TinTower a poo poo-eating grin*

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Tesseraction posted:

Ah, so they have 1?

*turns to give TinTower a poo poo-eating grin*

6! Could have been more if SNP voters could be bothered to listen to how the Scottish Parliament voting system works but there you go.

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

I'm partial to Sabra brand myself. Sadly neither Tesco nor Waitrose carry it which are my two proper-supermarket options where I live :(

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

forkboy84 posted:

6! Could have been more if SNP voters could be bothered to listen to how the Scottish Parliament voting system works but there you go.

It would be nice to have anything other than FPTP down here.

I'd even settle for settle for pure PR.

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese
Isn't saying you like Sabra the best like saying your favourite Italian food restaurant is Pizza Hut

kustomkarkommando
Oct 22, 2012

feedmegin posted:

I'm partial to Sabra brand myself. Sadly neither Tesco nor Waitrose carry it which are my two proper-supermarket options where I live :(

A success for BDS

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Tesseraction posted:

settle for settle for

says tesseraction with a dazed look

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.

MikeCrotch posted:

I would not be surprised if there's a bunch of "Real Women" transphobia going on and talking about doing things "naturally".

That's definitely an issue.

Green Party Conference actually passed a pretty decent trans policy last year, which passed several hundred to eight.

So now those people (who include Bea Campbell) are now called the Hateful Eight.

I think the most vocal Green TERF these days is a middle aged bloke who is trying to hard to impress the Bindels of the world.

forkboy84 posted:

Yeah, Both Votes SNP was a colossal clusterfuck for the SNP. The Tories gained the most from the Labour vote collapsing on the List.

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

MikeCrotch posted:

Isn't saying you like Sabra the best like saying your favourite Italian food restaurant is Pizza Hut

I do quite like Pizza Hut. Always fill up at the unlimited salad bar, too.

ThomasPaine
Feb 4, 2009

We have no compassion and we ask no compassion from you. When our turn comes, we shall not make excuses for the terror.
Pizza Hut pizzas are awful garbage but those little cheesy garlic breads they do are the tits

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

TinTower posted:

Yeah, Both Votes SNP was a colossal clusterfuck for the SNP. The Tories gained the most from the Labour vote collapsing on the List.

I got so mad trying to convince many SNP voters that both votes SNP was a waste of their vote & they should vote for another pro-indy party on the Regional List, be it Green or RISE. One of those situations where I was proven right and didn't really feel good about it. Managed 4 MSPs across 2 regions. loving idiots. I know it's not necessarily the most instinctive system, but we've had it for over 15 years, and it's not that complicated. Greens were 6,000 seats shy of picking up a 2nd seat in Glasgow, meanwhile the SNP got 111,101 & picked up zero seats.

I do like the Scottish Parliament's electoral system. I'd quite like if the constituency seats were decided by single transferable vote but it has good to have some wee parties represented. Before they fell apart from Tommy Sheridan's lying the SSP were a valuable voice on the left despite only having a handful of members, & the Greens have always been good going back to when they had Robin Harper. It's healthy having minority voices represented, FPTP is shite.

ThomasPaine posted:

Pizza Hut pizzas are awful garbage but those little cheesy garlic breads they do are the tits

I really really like Pizza Hut garbage pizzas. I know they aren't good, and they do horrible things do my bowels, but there's just something about them. I crave them. Though I've not had one in 3 or 4 years. It's a bad craving.

forkboy84 fucked around with this message at 17:34 on Mar 14, 2017

Miftan
Mar 31, 2012

Terry knows what he can do with his bloody chocolate orange...

MikeCrotch posted:

Yes. Ya'll need some good hummus in your life. Try Lebanese restaurants or something.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Pissflaps posted:

At least my impotent winnings on a dead comedy forum won't actively make Labour worse.

Your tweets could be responsible for the break up of the union though. Did you ever think about that?

Coohoolin
Aug 5, 2012

Oor Coohoolie.

jBrereton posted:

Right... and the Swiss have a really big airport which explains them getting more trade than the French or what?

You're aware of a couple of wee things called the Alps and the Gotthard Pass?

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.

forkboy84 posted:

I got so mad trying to convince many SNP voters that both votes SNP was a waste of their vote & they should vote for another pro-indy party on the Regional List, be it Green or RISE. One of those situations where I was proven right and didn't really feel good about it. Managed 4 MSPs across 2 regions. loving idiots. I know it's not necessarily the most instinctive system, but we've had it for over 15 years, and it's not that complicated. Greens were 6,000 seats shy of picking up a 2nd seat in Glasgow, meanwhile the SNP got 111,101 & picked up zero seats.

It's part of the reason why I prefer STV, as it's both preferential and proportional. Geekery about quotas and fractional transfers aside, it's pretty simple for someone to grasp: "I'd like these people elected and in this order".

I'd be happy to settle for AMS or AV, though.

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy

Cheers for this, needed a good chuckle.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

His Divine Shadow posted:

I don't like the queen either, don't like any royals. Except the current swedish king, he's cool.

I'll swop you a rare foil golden jubilee brenda for your knugen.

Guavanaut posted:

The good soil is all over 15' down. Don't eat humus, but honest midlands red clay is good for iron and mineral deficiencies, especially during pregnancy.

Alternatively if you eat the lettuce on a pre packed sandwich you're basically eating humus.

OwlFancier fucked around with this message at 17:55 on Mar 14, 2017

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

TinTower posted:

It's part of the reason why I prefer STV, as it's both preferential and proportional. Geekery about quotas and fractional transfers aside, it's pretty simple for someone to grasp: "I'd like these people elected and in this order".

Is there any reason the lib dems went for AV instead of another system? I probably should have paid more attention during the referendum

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer

Jose posted:

Is there any reason the lib dems went for AV instead of another system? I probably should have paid more attention during the referendum
They wanted PR and got told to eat poo poo and that AV+ was the best compromise they were getting.

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

more like BOLLOCKnese

TinTower posted:

Watch us finally get PR at some point only it's party list with like a 10% threshold for seats, so literally nothing changes except UKIP and the Lib Dems get way more seats and MPs don't have to give a poo poo about their constituencies anymore

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer

Coohoolin posted:

You're aware of a couple of wee things called the Alps and the Gotthard Pass?
yes

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

more like BOLLOCKnese

Jose posted:

Basically it's the smallest possible change from the current system, as people thought that anything further would be too far in the minds of the British people. Turns out...

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

I don't think I could ever tire of highlighting the grubby, opportunistic face of nationalism.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

Jose posted:

Literally because it was what Brown offered them during the negotiations after the election. It had never been a system they were looking towards during the election.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Pissflaps posted:

I don't think I could ever tire of highlighting the grubby, opportunistic face of nationalism.

lmao he's salty

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

TinTower posted:

I think the most vocal Green TERF these days is a middle aged bloke who is trying to hard to impress the Bindels of the world.
Why?

MikeCrotch posted:

My favorite German food is Hamburgers.

ThomasPaine
Feb 4, 2009

We have no compassion and we ask no compassion from you. When our turn comes, we shall not make excuses for the terror.

forkboy84 posted:

I really really like Pizza Hut garbage pizzas. I know they aren't good, and they do horrible things do my bowels, but there's just something about them. I crave them. Though I've not had one in 3 or 4 years. It's a bad craving.

Yes I'm not saying garbage pizzas are bad necessarily. Dominoes probably takes it as far as they go though. I used to like Papa Johns since his face is on everything and I now know he is the absolute worst bourgie poo poo I lost my taste for them.

e: by which I mean he is bad even by the standards of bourgie shits

I don't trust anyone who uses something other than a photo of themselves as a social media avatar. At least it's not just a flag so that's something.

ThomasPaine fucked around with this message at 18:08 on Mar 14, 2017

Pochoclo
Feb 4, 2008

No...
Clapping Larry
Scotland will have nothing to fear if England keeps exporting prime flaps

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

lmao

Pissflaps posted:

We're finally seeing the power of pissflaps' activism at its strongest: weakly trolling some guy's blog via twitter.

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

Tesseraction posted:

lmao

We're finally seeing the power of pissflaps' activism at its strongest: weakly trolling some guy's blog via twitter.

I'm not an activist.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Pissflaps posted:

I'm not an activist.

Yeah, more like a slacktivist. ZING

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Pissflaps posted:

I'm not an activist.

Well clearly, you're peak slacktivism.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

God drat it forkboy!

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames
I don't know what that means.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mehall
Aug 27, 2010

Pissflaps posted:

I don't know what that means.

Surely you could guess from the obvious portmanteau.

• Locked thread