Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

I think just having it so it doesn't select the objective that team defended last round should be enough variety. There's few enough rooms per level that truly random can some dumb results.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Illiterate Clitoris
Oct 24, 2011

Knifegrab posted:

(I don't know map names OK?!)
MOTO-RADFABRIK

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
HARD please add an Operator that can Kool Aid Man one outside or indestructible wall.

Koramei
Nov 11, 2011

I have three regrets
The first is to be born in Joseon.
Random objectives in casual is the best thing about the mode, it forces you to try out points you wouldn't otherwise touch.

Kinda wish attackers could pick their spawn so they don't always charge in from the same direction though, but maybe that'd be imbalanced.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
lol no hibana fixes in the patch notes:

https://rainbow6.ubisoft.com/siege/en-US/updates/velvetshell/reinforcements.aspx

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

Hibanas detonator uses the same tech as the nintendo switch, that's why it's so spotty.

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Gadzooks! I'm terrified of this little child who is going to stab me with a knife. I must wrest the knife away from his control and therefore gain the upperhand.

Better than nothing.

Koramei
Nov 11, 2011

I have three regrets

quote:

The DMRs’ maximum “trigger” rate has been lowered to prevent very rapid firing. This change was made because the maximum trigger rate was too high. Some people were able to click so fast on their mouse that it turned the DMR into a fully automatic AR. We felt like this was too strong.

:negative:

Heran Bago
Aug 18, 2006

Double the overheal! Hope to see more Doc.

I'm also happy with the Glaz buff giving attackers some way to defend against spawn camping.
Could a military gear nerd explain why the hat is so small? I'm not being facetious here, this kind of hat has always struck me as functionally weak.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

I played against some guy who literally sounded like his DMR was automatic, it was insane.

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold

Heran Bago posted:

Double the overheal! Hope to see more Doc.

I'm also happy with the Glaz buff giving attackers some way to defend against spawn camping.

Could a military gear nerd explain why the hat is so small? I'm not being facetious here, this kind of hat has always struck me as functionally weak.

It's a normal sized hat, just team rainbow all have giant heads.

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold

Is it just me or did they badly photoshop the eyes of the normal twitch skin over the face? It looks like she's wearing a skin mask.

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord
It's her fingers that look odd. Bet they give Twitch an elite weapon skin that isn't for her Famas.

Buff to the Para 308 ok, no buff to the god awful M249.
Slight Blitz buff, doubt it does a lot to fix the unreliability of his shield.
Yokai might be acceptable now.

Not a lot of bug fixes considering how many there are at the moment.

Wooper
Oct 16, 2006

Champion draGoon horse slayer. Making Lancers weep for their horsies since 2011. Viva Dickbutt.

good

Koramei
Nov 11, 2011

I have three regrets

Party Plane Jones posted:

I played against some guy who literally sounded like his DMR was automatic, it was insane.

that's me, and it's satisfying as hell. I'll have to get buck out of my system today while I still can I guess.

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

Hard instead of fixing the objective randomization algorithm in Casual please just introduce small changes to the map everytime the game picks the same objective point.

Oh no we're in the construction/kids room bomb sites on house? Suddenly one of the outside windows leading into the point is indestructible! Maybe whoever owns the house took the stairs away because the kids are grounded.Perhaps the map suddenly has an earthquake happen and now the map is played while in freefall.

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

Lmao at no mention of Mira windows being able to be broken from the other side

Edit: I'm being told that was already fixed so maybe it is me who is the dummy

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

I'm glad they fixed that with blitz but he's still unplayable if his shield randomly fails :(

HOOLY BOOLY posted:

Hard instead of fixing the objective randomization algorithm in Casual please just introduce small changes to the map everytime the game picks the same objective point.

Oh no we're in the construction/kids room bomb sites on house? Suddenly one of the outside windows leading into the point is indestructible! Maybe whoever owns the house took the stairs away because the kids are grounded.Perhaps the map suddenly has an earthquake happen and now the map is played while in freefall.

That is probably much more effort than telling the game not to pick the same thing twice. Maybe just make it not the same thing twice if they win, like in ranked.

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

:420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420:
i'm really glad glaz got the thermal upgrade because i just unlocked some lore appropriate headgear and...

...holy gently caress

what's the meaning of this poo poo?!

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Everything's gonna be A-OK
Oven Wrangler
ghost mode

Medlar
Mar 14, 2013

Bashar al-Asuh Dude

Heran Bago posted:

Those are like our piss-cutter covers (hats) we wear with our "Service" uniforms (USMC and other militaries) and they were originally made to cover a high-and-tight haircut (or contemporary male fashion haircut, first inspired by the Nazis--seriously). Regulations require the cover to be worn straight and even, but during WW2-era those with combat experience frequently tilted their covers to indicate that experience (the Combat Action Ribbon, Combat Action Badge, etc didn't exist yet). It looks like it should be about the right size unless Twitch is actually normally smaller and she really is a blow-up doll.

That said, in modern times a similar-but-different design of that cover is made for women (the bottom part is significantly more curved and is not as "tall") to fit their hair. Obviously in WW2 Twitch didn't have access to modern piss-cutter technology. hon hon hon

That was quite an autistic post.

Relevant: Twitch looks eerily similar to an on-again off-again FWB I had.

Foehammer
Nov 8, 2005

We are invincible.

quote:

Thermite’s 556xi’s is easier to control.

The 556xi’s recoil has been tweaked to make it easier to control. The weapon’s personality has not been changed, but you should have an easier time at being more precise with it.

:toot:

quote:

FIXED – Breach Charges and Exothermic Charges are not destroyed if a One Way Mirror is placed on the opposite side of the same wall.

"Mira trick" now viable! (As attempted, and failed, by Autogaga)

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

Didn't Ubi say in that one livestream that they were adding gently caress-boxes to the game? Whatever happened to that?

pedro0930
Oct 15, 2012

DoctorStrangelove posted:

Didn't Ubi say in that one livestream that they were adding gently caress-boxes to the game? Whatever happened to that?

I read somewhere that it's coming out in season 2.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

DoctorStrangelove posted:

They are figuring out how to code them.

Tythas
Oct 3, 2013

Never felt at home in reality
Always hiding behind avatars

Ubisoft posted:

He lost the first spot at the Sniper competition to former Team Rainbow Operator Galanos, who represented Greece. Galanos is highly regarded in the field, having been decorated for a series of Operations (codename: Raven Shield) led in Rio de Janeiro.
After the sniping event, Glazkov discussed with her some ways to modernize one of her prized attachments for sniper rifles. Glazkov then met her in Cyprus to run a few test sessions

This is an interesting way to semi reveal another operator. As well as a decent callback to Raven Shield

Wooper
Oct 16, 2006

Champion draGoon horse slayer. Making Lancers weep for their horsies since 2011. Viva Dickbutt.
The loot boxes are actually implemented on the dev build as a beta test. However it has been discovered that they just keep giving the same item over and over.

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

I do not hear you, I do not see you, I will not let you get into the Duggler's head with your bring-downs.

Well it's a random distribution so you see

slap me and kiss me
Apr 1, 2008

You best protect ya neck

Wooper posted:

The loot boxes are actually implemented on the dev build as a beta test. However it has been discovered that they just keep giving the same item over and over.

The item was a connection error.

Nickname Pending
Jan 2, 2008

I learned how to play beer pong from the Prince of Uganda at a university party.
Just aced two 1 v 5 rounds in a row with Glaz. Glaz is mine, no one better use him. Also, sweating.

Hard
Jul 31, 2005
Kid Napalm

The Duggler posted:

:downsbravo:

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Nickname Pending posted:

Just aced two 1 v 5 rounds in a row with Glaz. Glaz is mine, no one better use him. Also, sweating.
Ok, be Glaz yours, but may I sweat too?

Heran Bago
Aug 18, 2006

Guess what got fixed?

Medlar posted:

Those are like our piss-cutter covers (hats) we wear with our "Service" uniforms (USMC and other militaries) and they were originally made to cover a high-and-tight haircut (or contemporary male fashion haircut, first inspired by the Nazis--seriously). Regulations require the cover to be worn straight and even, but during WW2-era those with combat experience frequently tilted their covers to indicate that experience (the Combat Action Ribbon, Combat Action Badge, etc didn't exist yet). It looks like it should be about the right size unless Twitch is actually normally smaller and she really is a blow-up doll.

That said, in modern times a similar-but-different design of that cover is made for women (the bottom part is significantly more curved and is not as "tall") to fit their hair. Obviously in WW2 Twitch didn't have access to modern piss-cutter technology. hon hon hon

Thanks for the explanation, seriously. I have an irrational dislike of tiny hats, and at least this is rooted in history and function.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Wooper posted:

The Duggler posted:

:vince:

Nickname Pending
Jan 2, 2008

I learned how to play beer pong from the Prince of Uganda at a university party.

cinci zoo sniper posted:

Ok, be Glaz yours, but may I sweat too?

Sorry, but no.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Nickname Pending posted:

Sorry, but no.
Time to move to Spain.

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

I do not hear you, I do not see you, I will not let you get into the Duggler's head with your bring-downs.

Nickname Pending posted:

Glaz is great when you get a chance to shoot at people with him. 1-3 hits will put literally​ anybody on the ground

Nickname Pending
Jan 2, 2008

Also, is something up with the servers right now? I was booted and have been trying to reconnect for 5 minutes already.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

https://i.imgur.com/10wdLB5.gifv

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Tythas posted:

This is an interesting way to semi reveal another operator. As well as a decent callback to Raven Shield

Mira built tachankas shield

• Locked thread