Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.
I think the thing in the box was the payday 2 design document.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

GRAND DAD DLC CONFIRMED :getin:

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

GRAND DAD DLC CONFIRMED :getin:

We already have the music.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KS31dkUfuLM

Tamayachi
Sep 25, 2007

Did you think about it?

Yes. Yes you did.

Tamayachi posted:

Looks like reinstalling did the trick, I'm running free and clear again!

Welp, I'm at a loss. As I said, reinstalling cleared up all the issues, but here I am over a week later loading up the game and running into the same problem, where the game just chugs as soon as I hit Crime.net. I'm just not going to worry about it for a while I suppose.

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

So I took a two year break when the Butcher's BBQ Pack and the weapon skin safes were introduced and I hear the CAR-4 got kinda dumpstered. What assault rifles are people using these days for general all-purpose copshooting?

maswastaken
Nov 12, 2011

If you're playing Overkill or lower, seriously just use anything. The Black Market update even made the AMCAR serviceable.
On Mayhem or Death Wish, M308 or Eagle Heavy.
On One Down, assault rifle?

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

DMR kit that CAR-4. Put silencer skills and/or Berserker on your build and your CAR-4 is good to go.

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

maswastaken posted:

If you're playing Overkill or lower, seriously just use anything. The Black Market update even made the AMCAR serviceable.

Yeah One Down is not my style

YET ANOTHER FAG
Mar 6, 2003

by R. Guyovich

maswastaken posted:

On one down... Jokers

Really though in any build you should try & get at least one damage boosting skill depending on your playstyle. My personal build has silencer skills & bezerker skills & it's hilarious on overkill.

maswastaken
Nov 12, 2011

Silenced Shotgun Berserker Anarchist for life. Ya'll can shove your deployables up your asses.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

maswastaken posted:

Silenced Shotgun Berserker Anarchist for life. Ya'll can shove your deployables up your asses.

melee weapons arent even fit to go in anyone's rear end nowadays

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

maswastaken posted:

My man.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

spit on my clit posted:

:rip:

Wastrel_
Jun 3, 2004

Read it and weep.

maswastaken posted:

The Cavity 9mm and M308 are perfectly fine on One Down.

maswastaken
Nov 12, 2011

spit on my clit posted:

That's not nice. With 10% health, pumping iron and berserker, it's only 2.4 seconds of endlessly stabbing him with a toothbrush to kill a tan on Mayhem!

...and that's with the highest DPS melee weapon in the game.

chairface
Oct 28, 2007

No matter what you believe, I don't believe in you.

mp5 posted:

So I took a two year break when the Butcher's BBQ Pack and the weapon skin safes were introduced and I hear the CAR-4 got kinda dumpstered. What assault rifles are people using these days for general all-purpose copshooting?

The two general paths for an assault rifle type weapon are DMR kits (or a DMR style weapon like the Cavity or M308 to start with) and clicking heads, or if you're not much for accuracy get aced body expertise and large magazines/quick-reloading magazines. For the latter option LMGs are strictly better, but as mentioned anything's viable on Overkill and below.

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

Man I'd forgotten how fun Jacket's Piece is to fire and now it just kills the world

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
So, uh, Starbreeze is funding and publishing System Shock 3. Replace Bain with SHODAN.

Magnetic North
Dec 15, 2008

Beware the Forest's Mushrooms

Look, ramblers: a worthless thermal drill of broke and dick, squealing and clanking as you get tazed. An imperfect, mortal machine. Go get it.

Malek
Jun 22, 2003

Shut up Girl!
And as always: Kill Hitler.

God loving damnit.
I've never been ticked about gaming poo poo before but apparently I should've made that my 2017 New Years Resolution.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

Malek posted:

God loving damnit.
I've never been ticked about gaming poo poo before but apparently I should've made that my 2017 New Years Resolution.

Why are you angry about this?

edit: Is it that there will be a System Shock 3? Because it's the original devs, Spector and all.

Discendo Vox fucked around with this message at 04:06 on Mar 15, 2017

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Malek posted:

God loving damnit.

What's the deal here?

IBlameRoadSuess
Feb 20, 2012

Fucking technology...

At least I HAVE THIS!

Malek posted:

God loving damnit.

Yeah I'm not sure of the context for this, SS3 is being made by Spector and as many of the original devs as they could manage, so what's the issue?

Laputanmachine
Oct 31, 2010

by Smythe
I guess there is still the possibility that the old crew has become senile and the game will feature credit pack micropayments packs that you have to buy in order to hack anything.

Or the hacker is a Batman knockoff and Shodan a moustache-twirlingly comic bad guy and the game is a dumb cover-based shooter.

I mean, I hope it isn't, but given some other recent sequels, remakes and reboots, that is a possibility.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

Buy the gage Hack Pack DLC

Plan Z
May 6, 2012

mp5 posted:

It wasn't so much the CAR-4 is bad as much as other weapons are useful. There are obvious standouts if you're doing the highest difficulties, but for Overkill/Mayhem/Deathwish, you have many more options for solid weaponry than when you last played.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum

Laputanmachine posted:

I guess there is still the possibility that the old crew has become senile and the game will feature credit pack micropayments packs that you have to buy in order to hack anything.

Or the hacker is a Batman knockoff and Shodan a moustache-twirlingly comic bad guy and the game is a dumb cover-based shooter.

I mean, I hope it isn't, but given some other recent sequels, remakes and reboots, that is a possibility.

Well, it is done with permission by Night Dive Studios, who I doubt want a sequel to the franchise they spent 13 years taking back from rights hell and EA to then tank around the same time they're developing their SS1 remake. But it'd be pretty hard to gently caress the formula up when Bethesda of all companies will likely make a boatload of money off of Prey in 2 months which is System Shock as gently caress except with a glossy Retro 70s feel. The game could still be bad with nothing to show for it right now, but I'd highly doubt Warren would want to stray far from the blueprint in this day and age.

Both seem to involve Terri Brosius being SHODAN again and why not give her even more work in this game?

Malek
Jun 22, 2003

Shut up Girl!

Discendo Vox posted:

Why are you angry about this?

edit: Is it that there will be a System Shock 3? Because it's the original devs, Spector and all.

I'm just apprehensive that Jules will put his grimey claws into this project. That's my major point of contention.
Also System Shock 3 with purchasable skins via SHODAN Boxes.
Or we could have StarVR on the next ship.

Eh, I'm being slightly pessimistic as I loved System Shock 2 and there's a handfull of other developers I'd royally wish would get this instead of Starbreeze :sigh:

Laputanmachine posted:

Some of this.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

Malek posted:

I'm just apprehensive that Jules will put his grimey claws into this project. That's my major point of contention.
Also System Shock 3 with purchasable skins via SHODAN Boxes.
Or we could have StarVR on the next ship.

Eh, I'm being slightly pessimistic as I loved System Shock 2 and there's a handfull of other developers I'd royally wish would get this instead of Starbreeze :sigh:

Jules is Overkill, which is a subsidiary of Starbreeze, the publisher. He's nowhere near the project.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum
They're just publishing and bank rolling this, like Bethesda's doing to Arkane for Prey. SS3 is being developed by OtherSide Entertainment, run by Paul Neurath, the man who brought about the Blue Sky Productions side and co-founder of Looking Glass Studios, the same people who made SS1, 2, Thief and Thief 2: The Metal Age. The same company that hired Terri Brosius as not only an actress, but a level designer and writer for Thief 1, 2 and Deadly Shadows. gently caress, she could probably program circles around Jules in making part of the level herself. OtherSide is comprised of Looking Glass Alum and bringing as many of the original creators back on board for SS3 to see if they can rekindle the same kind of magic, which is debatable at least in Warren's case depending on how disappointed you were in his Disney misadventures.

Don't feel bad in still being wary to this, Malek. It's okay, I have an undying hatred of Jules and his lovely midis touch too.

Malek
Jun 22, 2003

Shut up Girl!

Crabtree posted:

Don't feel bad in still being wary to this, Malek. It's okay, I have an undying hatred of Jules and his lovely midis touch too.

You leave my MIDIs out of this. But thank you for the support. :smith:
(I think you meant Midas)

The micro-transaction portion is not beyond Starbreeze's bullshit though.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum

Malek posted:

You leave my MIDIs out of this. But thank you for the support. :smith:
(I think you meant Midas)

The micro-transaction portion is not beyond Starbreeze's bullshit though.

Eh, as long as the game itself is good and doesn't need Micro-transactions, I don't necessarily care if they ask for them to be brought about as some stupid SS3 starter pack or whatever. Part of the whole reason why the safe debacle occurred at all is because Overkill, Starbreeze and 505 looked at Valve and thought they could do the same because the games were similar in a sort of multiplayer aspect. And it horribly failed to the point where they had to drastically cut the potential profit of safes in the game they tried the experiment on in the first place. DLC will most likely rear its fugly head as always, but I doubt it will be weapon safes depending on if SS3 will have any lasting Multiplayer portion. Pre-order gear shenanigans more likely.

But if you're dreading a SHODAN payday 2 safe, well, if she's in the game, its gonna happen.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

I would love a SHODAN mask with particle effect. In practice the game's not coming out until well after payday 2 stops being supported, though.

Malek
Jun 22, 2003

Shut up Girl!

Discendo Vox posted:

I would love a SHODAN mask with particle effect. In practice the game's not coming out until well after payday 2 stops being supported, though.

I confess I would like this too and I wouldn't mind the Payday 2 Sale with the mask, that's not at all what I'm "fearing."
It's just the game getting add on and add on and add on of micro-transaction DLC.

Only because I know I'll buy every loving one of them. :smith:

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.
Was Starbreeze ever explicitly evil or whatever? I always thought it was pretty plainly 505 behind the big safe push, given the timing of Overkill unfucking that mess right as their relationship with 505 ended.

Clearly, if there's going to be some kind of shenanigans with SS3, it'll be a DLC pack celebrating John Wick 4, now in theaters.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

John Murdoch posted:

Was Starbreeze ever explicitly evil or whatever? I always thought it was pretty plainly 505 behind the big safe push, given the timing of Overkill unfucking that mess right as their relationship with 505 ended.

Clearly, if there's going to be some kind of shenanigans with SS3, it'll be a DLC pack celebrating John Wick 4, now in theaters.

I think it was confirmed by all parties involved to be 100% overkill/starbreeze. Note that to a great extent, Payday 2 is the only really consistent source of cashflow that the company has, and they're quite heavily leveraged.

Malek
Jun 22, 2003

Shut up Girl!

Discendo Vox posted:

I think it was confirmed by all parties involved to be 100% overkill/starbreeze. Note that to a great extent, Payday 2 is the only really consistent source of cashflow that the company has, and they're quite heavily leveraged.

To add to that, didn't the skin box costs "conveniently" get tossed after Overkill bought it back from the publisher? ... then again One Borderlands Down also came during the same time.

vvv: Sorry John

Malek fucked around with this message at 18:02 on Mar 16, 2017

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

I hate the difficulty changes as much as the next guy, but garbage from One Down was 4 months after they removed the paid microtransactions.

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.

Malek posted:

To add to that, didn't the skin box costs "conveniently" get tossed after Overkill bought it back from the publisher?

This is what I was referring to in the first place.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

Yeah, reddit latched onto it and they literally had a joint press release dealy to say "no seriously, it was us" because people were phoning 505 games to blame them for skins.