Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

ALBW and ALttP Links win by punching everyone with power gloves

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

PantsBandit posted:

Alright time for some serious zelda lore discussion.

I think if all the Links got in a big fight, Breath of the Wild Link would probably win. Dude gets crazy swole over the course of the game and has really strong gadgets.

He IS the only Link able to do the Duck Walk.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Cojawfee posted:

"Link, How are you doing on the divine beasts? Are you ready to help me fight Ganon?"

uhhhhhh

Behold; Mipha's Fish Gimp. (The outfit's made of rubber and Shock-Resitant)

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
Toon Link has a cannon, a train and Grandma's Soup. He is a god among men.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
Has the resetting during a full moon to get a star fragment thing worked for you guys? Trying it now and crossing my fingers.

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
Affectionately referred to as grandmas piss

dorkasaurus_rex
Jun 10, 2005

gawrsh do you think any women will be there

Do you have to unlock Amiibo functionality, or can you use it in game? Can you use Amiibo with the Switch Pro Controller?

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

dorkasaurus_rex posted:

Do you have to unlock Amiibo functionality, or can you use it in game? Can you use Amiibo with the Switch Pro Controller?

You need to turn it on from the options menu

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
For people trying to get a blood moon for whatever that quest is. Have you tried seeing you have a blood moon and just loading an autosave far enough back to teleport to wherever? I've been loading a save trying to do something that's at a certain time and i've been getting a blood moon on the money every time I load the save.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

dorkasaurus_rex posted:

There's a toggle option in the settings, it adds an amiibo rune to your Sheikah Slate. (I think it only enables after you complete The Great Plateau). And yes you can, place the amiibo against the center of the controller's surface, between the Home and Screenshot buttons.

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

I LOVE SEEING DEAD BABIES ON 𝕏, THE EVERYTHING APP. IT'S WORTH IT FOR THE FOLLOWING TAB.
It's kind of odd that they chose not to include the hookshot in a game where that would have been awesome. Even if it was an optional, breakable item like the boomerang, it would've been sweet.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

Internet Kraken posted:

Well, they did put in one.

Gear you can't dye is the worst.

They really dropped the ball by not letting you dye the hero tunics/tunic of the wild

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Caidin posted:

Toon Link has a cannon, a train and Grandma's Soup. He is a god among men.

That is two different Toon Links. Train dude comes along 100 years after WW/PH Link.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

snoremac posted:

It's kind of odd that they chose not to include the hookshot in a game where that would have been awesome. Even if it was an optional, breakable item like the boomerang, it would've been sweet.

Seriously, the Hookshot would've been amazing for late-game climbing.

Traxis
Jul 2, 2006

So, I beat the 3 Hinox and got the thunderblade from the shrine. Less than 20 minutes later I got struck by lightning and lost it. :negative:

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

Traxis posted:

So, I beat the 3 Hinox and got the thunderblade from the shrine. Less than 20 minutes later I got struck by lightning and lost it. :negative:

Did you take a picture of it to have it added to the Hyrule Compendium? You can track it down with the Shiekah Sensor.

Traxis
Jul 2, 2006

Nope, but luckily the game autosaved 5 minutes before when I found a korok so I reloaded without losing any progress.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

Traxis posted:

Nope, but luckily the game autosaved 5 minutes before when I found a korok so I reloaded without losing any progress.

I don't know if it's affected by your game progress, but the coliseum ruins north of the great plateau should be swimming with guys armed with thunder, frost and fire blades/spears/greatblades.

dorkasaurus_rex
Jun 10, 2005

gawrsh do you think any women will be there

8-bit Miniboss posted:

Did you take a picture of it to have it added to the Hyrule Compendium? You can track it down with the Shiekah Sensor.

Holy poo poo. Time to photograph everything.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

dorkasaurus_rex posted:

Holy poo poo. Time to photograph everything.

You mean you haven't? :popeye:

Music Theory
Aug 7, 2013

smh if you don't photograph everything before you even pick it up

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Music Theory posted:

smh if you don't photograph everything before you even pick it up

Or if you get it in a chest just equip it and take a selfie

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
It annoys me when people say Twilight Princess was poo poo and only go on about "GOAT HERDING! :argh:" Like... what about the entire rest of the game? :(

Don't get me wrong it's a drat shame that the game front-loads boring and tedious stuff, but once that's done it's a really solid Zelda game. The atmosphere and aesthetics are incredible. The colors are pretty muted, which I understand a lot of people dislike, but it really makes the otherwordly neon-colored geometric shapes of the twilight stand out. I absolutely love the incredibly unnerving twilight enemies and visual effects. And the sound design! I also think Midna is by far the most interesting companion Link has had.

I don't think it was the best Zelda game or anything, but it makes me sad to hear people call it poo poo.

PantsBandit posted:

Alright time for some serious zelda lore discussion.

I think if all the Links got in a big fight, Breath of the Wild Link would probably win. Dude gets crazy swole over the course of the game and has really strong gadgets.

edit: scratch that, Fierce Deity Link is basically the most hardcore motherfucker ever born, but I'm ok with disqualifying him.

Link from Zelda II obviously. He exists on a different plane from everyone else, how do you even hit him :2bong:

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

Neddy Seagoon posted:

There's a toggle option in the settings, it adds an amiibo rune to your Sheikah Slate. (I think it only enables after you complete The Great Plateau). And yes you can, place the amiibo against the center of the controller's surface, between the Home and Screenshot buttons.

I don't know whether I'm upset or not that they didn't try to give the amiibo rune some sort of fourth-wall breaking yet still in-universe context like the Tingle Tuner or like how Shovel Knight created an entirely new NPC that's basically an anthropomorphic amiibo logo made flesh.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011

Zore posted:

That is two different Toon Links. Train dude comes along 100 years after WW/PH Link.

What does that make the Toon Link from Hyrule Warriors?

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L
So I finished the compendium and I think I was given something that doesn't do a drat thing. nice!

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Your Computer posted:

It annoys me when people say Twilight Princess was poo poo and only go on about "GOAT HERDING! :argh:" Like... what about the entire rest of the game? :(

It wasn't much better.

Music Theory
Aug 7, 2013

Your Computer posted:

I don't want to waste a couple hours doing a thing I don't like when I could, at the very least, be finding koroks

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
Goat herding only happens once in the whole game?

I would like to state my disdain for the flower koroks. At first it was cool like "oh there's the next one." Now the flowers just spawn off screen so I hit the next flower and then have to twirl the camera around until I see where it is.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

The issue with TP is that stuff never really ends. Tear collection bogs down the first act, you have another long wolf section to get the MS, and then some of the dungeon lead ups after that are also a drag. Arbiters and the Yeti dungeon are all good, but everything else has some boring stuff attached to it.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Music Theory posted:

I don't want to waste a couple hours doing a thing I don't like when I could, at the very least, be finding koroks

Don't get me wrong, TP's start is Bad™ and I understand it dragging the game down for people :( That said, (and more relevant to the thread) I think BotW has one of the best starts of any game. I guess the plateau is the tutorial, but I didn't even notice until it was over! There's still so much stuff to do and so many paths to take (not to mention lack of tutorial box popups) that you can spend a long time just exploring even that little area. It really sets the tone for the rest of the game :swoon:

I'm still amazed at how much of a 180 BotW is from Skyward Sword, aka. the 40 hour tutorial.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
I don't remember the tear collecting being particularly bad or unfun

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Where does that monster guy from Skull Island go?
He was very vague on purpose but I want him to be my best friend.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Inzombiac posted:

He hangs out in a location near every town at night. Look for his balloons

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011

Inzombiac posted:

He hangs around outside towns at night, get up high and you can usually spot him somewhere or another.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Is there ever a reason to visit him in other locations than Tarrey Town?

I just port to the nearby shrine and glide down.

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

So running around I picked up the last few Shrine Quests I hadn't completed despite doing the shrines, I noticed that there wasn't a quest for the shrine over in the west of the desert by the Mulduga. Either a lot of people are going to miss that one, or they did an amazing job designing it so that players would explore there and get knocked off their seal by the Mulduga and see the torches.

All armor, almost all armor upgraded fully, all shrines, all memories, all shrine quests, almost all side quests. Pretty sure after side quests going to kind of be "done" until DLC, can't see myself going for 900 seeds.

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

Up to 898 Korok seeds now.

Geez, Hyrule Castle getting a dungeon map is already bad enough in keeping track of where you are and where the seeds are in relation to things, but it's like the guy who decided where to place them decided they actively hate you in this one area.

Not only is it like the only place in the game that has seeds hidden inside, outside maybe one that is sort of in a cave, but the placement of about 5 of them is aggressively dick move.

It's also worth noting that map percentage is not just seeds and dungeons, but also place names on the map. I'm at 98.34% and I don't think the last two seeds are going to be enough for the full hundred.

Crawfish fucked around with this message at 03:38 on Mar 15, 2017

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Crawfish posted:

Geez, Hyrule Castle getting a dungeon map is already bad enough in keeping track of where you are and where the seeds are in relation to things, but it's like the guy who decided where to place them decided they actively hate you in this one area.

Not only is it like the only place in the game that has seeds hidden inside, outside maybe one that is sort of in a cave, but the placement of about 5 of them is aggressively dick move.

Have you been looking them up // how many hours in are you?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Crawfish posted:

please post a picture of the resulting dance the korok will do for you