Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Also MoMA you got poo poo on for killing an apex predator from the comfort of a deck chair. My fish murder gun is used to take sustainable species one at a time after I crawl across the bottom of the goddamn ocean to find them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

nawledgelambo posted:

Is this actually the reason? you pronounce it Me, as in, not you, I, or they, but me-thane?

Yeah it's meethane British people are weird

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"

nawledgelambo posted:

Is this actually the reason? you pronounce it Me, as in, not you, I, or they, but me-thane?

yes, the same as the US fucks up the words aluminium and soldering

regional differences

Lack of Gravitas
Oct 11, 2012

Grimey Drawer

nawledgelambo posted:

That's how it's pronounced in Australia, at least :shrug:

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Fidelity. Wait, was I'm working on again?

Goals for 3.0:

- Deprecation 2.0 is being refactored
- Pipelines looking good for the quarterly death-march toward mining 1.0
- Gun models need an API tweak
- New 2.8 code to be introduced to QA for first-pass regression testing
- Leveraging ASP.NET with network 2.0 for another ship physics pass
- Rewriting the patcher drivers
- Adding Scrum to player models
- Integrating Pirate Metrics with Subsumption AI to determine NPC behavior
- Carefully planning and scripting emergent gameplay
- Adding iteration to Port Olisar

MVP looking good!

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

starkebn posted:

yes, the same as the US fucks up the words aluminium and soldering

regional differences

England hosed up aluminum. Aluminum was the original name.

nawledgelambo
Nov 8, 2016

Immersion chariot
consider myself learn't

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"

AlbieQuirky posted:

well, Aluminium fits with the half of the periodic elements written with an -ium at the end so :shrug:

walruscat
Apr 27, 2013

Scruffpuff posted:

Goals for 3.0:

- Deprecation 2.0 is being refactored
- Pipelines looking good for the quarterly death-march toward mining 1.0
- Gun models need an API tweak
- New 2.8 code to be introduced to QA for first-pass regression testing
- Leveraging ASP.NET with network 2.0 for another ship physics pass
- Rewriting the patcher drivers
- Adding Scrum to player models
- Integrating Pirate Metrics with Subsumption AI to determine NPC behavior
- Carefully planning and scripting emergent gameplay
- Adding iteration to Port Olisar

MVP looking good!

Don't forget they are going to serialize the cereal bar.

Drunk Theory
Aug 20, 2016

Oven Wrangler

Makes sense. I mean do they really need different studio monthly reports to tell backers about the new concept ships and sales. This is just smart steamlining of available content.

SpaceCurtisLeMay
Sep 30, 2016

We're at war with Goons. We were attacked by Goons. Do you want to kill Goons, or would you rather have Citizens killed?

TheAgent posted:

ME:A in a week

someone come punch aliens in the dick shoot aliens with me on multiplayer

PS4 or PC?

SpaceCurtisLeMay
Sep 30, 2016

We're at war with Goons. We were attacked by Goons. Do you want to kill Goons, or would you rather have Citizens killed?

peter gabriel posted:

Other joystick manufactures just don't have the tech.

CH built pretty drat near a perfect set up for space sims....designed in 1995 and still built to this day.

Grandmother of Five
May 9, 2008

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money. I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

ArfJason posted:

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Samizdata posted:

Both Chris and I both hope we never run into each other in person. He'll be on his back bleeding and whining, but unable to flail the hands I stomped into meat bags and I, well, I will be in jail. And I am not a violent man.

Cons:
Jail time
No forums
That large man licks his lips slowly every time he looks at me
Prison food

Pros:
I would be the man that slaughtered Star Citizen

Lol at how it is the guy writing a murder fantasy that gets a 6 hour probation & the guy saying not to do stuff like writing a murder fantasy that gets a 30 day probation.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

AlbieQuirky posted:

Actually it was originally Alumium.

Sum Mors
Feb 21, 2008

Grandmother of Five posted:

Lol at how it is the guy writing a murder fantasy that gets a 6 hour probation & the guy saying not to do stuff like writing a murder fantasy that gets a 30 day probation.

Makes you think.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

At least CIG knows their userbase

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

The episode in which Chris walks back doing a lot of stuff by hand. You aren't going to be hand loading a ship, savaging or repairing an entire ship. It turns out that ship captains don't actually load/unload their cargo. They have dockhands for that job. Likewise salvaging and repairing everything would take too long, so they are just going to drop salvage loot and have specific points that are repairable. I'am glad they spent all that time modelling pipes and electrical systems!

MY IMMERSION

Ponzi
Feb 21, 2016

DEPORTED FROM FLAVOR TOWN

ICSA 67 LOSER
Fun Shoe
pro-pane
bu-tane
me-thane

seems fine to me

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Sum Mors posted:

Makes you think.

Not really

A Neurotic Corncob
Nov 12, 2016

A light wind swept over the corn, and all nature laughed in the sunshine.
https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/5zgo4l/managing_expectation_and_cig_accountability/dexzk9u/

A Neurotic Corncob fucked around with this message at 03:51 on Mar 15, 2017

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

I'd just like to storm into the thread right now and remind the young and somewhat adorable colony nation of America just where their 'English' comes from and that if there's any debate about correct pronounciation and spelling of certain words then they should defer to whatever the loving creators of the English language say is correct. :D

[might be true] Alumium (not Aluminum, nor Aluminium) was the original spelling and original name for said metallic base element, however, it was changed to 'Aluminum' by a prominant British chemist when he was cataloging the various elements known at the time. British scientists however didn't take to the sound of the word 'Aluminum' and thus decided to change the spelling slightly to 'Aluminium' and because British people do things properly that's how it has remained in Britain to this day. [\might be true]

*Inserts British national anthem, bins the American theme tune*

(Of course, this post is mostly just me taking the piss)

Sabreseven fucked around with this message at 03:55 on Mar 15, 2017

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Sabreseven posted:

I'd just like to storm into the thread right now and remind the young and somewhat adorable colony nation of America just where their 'English' comes from

German?

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

nawledgelambo posted:

Summary of 10ftHand-wavium:

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.
Was looking back on the mediocrity that was Mighty No. 9. That was a 5 million dollar funded project that originally asked for 900,000, and they had huge problems because they were expanding in ways that were anti-productive to the project. Even with all that, they tried to get more money through other websites that do the same thing Kickstarter does.

I can only imagine the documentary behind this poo poo.

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

You're not wrong :)

Zzr
Oct 6, 2016

It's called aluminium and spelled méthane in a real language. Stop trying to pass your borborygmi as a functional language.

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

I hate to break it to ol Cymellion, but the interest gained on $1000 over even 5 or 6 years isn't really going to be very much, maybe a few dollars, but I'm sure he just wanted to give the impression of being responsible with money and show what a shrewd investor he apparently thinks he is.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Grandmother of Five posted:

Number one: There was no murder.

Number two: You must not be from around here. Arf's been doing this same schtick for way too long.

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

If Cymelion actually wants to hold CIG accountable, they would only spend a percentage of the $1000 depending on how well CIG delivered. If they delivered everything they said they would and it didn't become any more broken, then they get the $1000. If they delivered half the features (scaled back) and it runs like crap, then maybe they get $200. If they don't deliver in 2017, maybe knock some more money off. But knowing Cymelion, even if they drop a turd, that $1000 is going to be spent regardless.

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

Tokamak posted:

If Cymelion actually wants to hold CIG accountable, they would only spend a percentage of the $1000 depending on how well CIG delivered. If they delivered everything they said they would and it didn't become any more broken, then they get the $1000. If they delivered half the features (scaled back) and it runs like crap, then maybe they get $200. If they don't deliver in 2017, maybe knock some more money off. But knowing Cymelion, even if they drop a turd, that $1000 is going to be spent regardless.

Or alternatively, he could just pay a surgeon the $1000 to have his tounge removed from Crobblers taint.

He will however fast track it into Crobblers bank account at the first chance he gets while beating his dick like it owed him money though.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Samizdata posted:

Number one: There was no murder.

Number two: You must not be from around here. Arf's been doing this same schtick for way too long.

Stop responding to them you dumb gently caress.

Grandmother of Five
May 9, 2008

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money. I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Stop responding to them you dumb gently caress.

I'm not trying to do some big own. It is just sort of absurd & funny, I think.

I don't doubt there is a bunch of weird & interesting SC content, but all SA mock stuff has the occasional weird over-reaction or misguided attempt to dig up dirt, and that's weird & interesting in itself, I think. Like, iirc, some dude did owns on the Thanksgiving dinner table spread that was posted on some SC twitter, I think. That is a good example of the people mocking something being weird themselves in a funny way that you can laugh at.

Like, no matter how much or little you care about SC and their business model, you should be able to laugh at something as absurd as doing owns on a Thanksgiving dinner table, I feel. It isn't picking sides, it is simply laughing at something that is stupid.

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao

When this was news I remember someone saying it looked as if it were designed for an 80's video game called 'Skateboard Laser Dragons Extreme' that I've wished existed ever since.

Beet Wagon posted:

Also MoMA you got poo poo on for killing an apex predator from the comfort of a deck chair. My fish murder gun is used to take sustainable species one at a time after I crawl across the bottom of the goddamn ocean to find them.

and lionfish :colbert:

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

The call is coming from inside Dr. House
Grimey Drawer
ps4 bud :3

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer
so amazon is 100% their publisher now

welcome to the jungle, motherfuckers

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer
I know everyone has said, no no, Lumberyard is free or whatever

but they just got a huge cash injection and programmers and support from amazon

so there you go

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer
all severs are free. new patcher by amazon. new devs from amazon. new higher up execs are all amazon. no more dreams. mvp early 2018.

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer
and they just tossed all the dead weight devs. goodbye, tony z

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer
I mean, IN MY OPINION

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU