Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jonah Galtberg
Feb 11, 2009

JBP posted:

Do PHON support nuclear power or are they nimby on it?

hm yes, everyone who does not support nuclear power is a nimby

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 23 hours!

Lid posted:

I is used 73 times

Bill is 18 times

Edit: also lol Caleb is cut

Caleb in high chair: "YOU BETTER TAKE ME OUT OR YOU'LL HEAR FROM MY LAWYERS" *throws food across room*

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

They remembered the ring!!

god bless

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

Caleb in high chair: "YOU BETTER TAKE ME OUT OR YOU'LL HEAR FROM MY LAWYERS" *throws food across room*

Caleb should be spending his money on Clearasil, not lawyers

Frogfingers
Oct 10, 2012

You Am I posted:

Caleb should be spending his money on Clearasil, not lawyers

Wait, that's the Caleb? The young-conservative-who-already-looks-old walking stereotype? Good grief, even I would rather gently caress Leak, and he's dead!

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Frogfingers posted:

Wait, that's the Caleb? The young-conservative-who-already-looks-old walking stereotype? Good grief, even I would rather gently caress Leak, and he's dead!

The one and the same

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

quote:

Fake cancer guru Belle Gibson, who is facing a possible $1 million fine after being found by a Federal Court judge to have "deliberately played" the Australian public, has been caught spruiking another fad diet and bragging about intestinal worms.

Days after Gibson bragged about passing a "huge rope worm" in an enema she took for an obscure cleansing diet, Federal Court of Australia Justice Debra Mortimer handed down her judgment upholding "most but not all" of the allegations levelled against the disgraced wellness blogger by Victoria's consumer watchdog.

In Wednesday's ruling, Justice Mortimer was particularly scathing of Gibson's deliberate tugging at the nation's collective heartstrings.

"Her 'pitch' overwhelmingly used groups likely to evoke sympathy because of their vulnerabilities – young girls, asylum seekers, sick children," Justice Mortimer wrote.

"The use of a seriously ill child, in this way is particularly unconscionable.

"In securing this public profile, and the financial and personal benefits which came with it for herself and her company, Ms Gibson deliberately played on the genuine desire of members of the Australian community to help those less fortunate."

Gibson faces a fine of more than $1 million, though Justice Mortimer did not impose a penalty on Wednesday. That will be decided upon at a court date which has yet to be fixed.

Consumer Affairs Victoria launched legal action against Ms Gibson last May, alleging false and misleading conduct in relation to her health and unlawful fundraising appeals in 2013 and 2014.

"I am satisfied the respondents engaged in conduct that was misleading or deceptive," Justice Mortimer found in relation to Gibson's charity claims.

The action was sparked after Gibson made false claims of beating terminal brain cancer by eschewing conventional medicine.

The watchdog accused her of engaging in misleading or deceptive commerce by making the claims to promote her app and book, The Whole Pantry.

Gibson was also exposed for failing to hand over the donations and lying about giving $300,000 away to charity.

Earlier this week, under her longtime Facebook pseudonym Harry Gibson, Gibson posted on the Facebook page of the Master Fast System – a diet which espouses new age fasting and cleansing – about her recent bowel movements.

The MFS page encourages members to share "how to clean our pipes like plumbers" and that it's "not bound by any man made paper and/or laws" and is "based on Master Lui-Gino's understanding of Space Plasma Technology, Nature and many amazing brilliant teachers".

In a post on the page, since taken down, Gibson stated that she was on Day 10 of her fast, involving taking "tinctures", doing yoga and a session "with my very powerful and divine shiatsu practitioner".

Gibson talks about having a colonic irrigation, and expelling a 15cm parasite, followed by "A HUGE ROPE WORM", saying "it ruined my day almost not to be able to get this on video. Baha.'

"It was coiled around itself like a spiral about 5 or more times, and it took up the width of the tube, so based on this math, I'm guessing it was at least 60cm (at minimum!!).

"I felt such HUGE relief and was floating all day afterwards."

Later in the post, Gibson says that the diet had prevented two of her teeth from needing fillings, saving $400 in dental work.

"These two teeth were going translucent at the sides and about 40% of the surface area and indentations were dark. Not now!!" she said.

Gibson also boasts that her tonsils are now "about 30% smaller" and also that her hazel eyes are changing colour to "green with blue underneath".

She says the fast had "saved my life and shown me what happiness and health looks and feels like. I feel so blessed. Thank you".

Despite Gibson's post since being taken down from the Master Fast System Facebook page, publicity about it drew Australian posters, some of whom wanted to find out more.

gently caress her. gently caress her so much.

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

Frogfingers posted:

I don't believe she is sincere about most of the poo poo she writes, except for her views on Islam. She figured out the easiest way to make it as a young political writer (with her leanings), is to mimic the style of the alt-right with an edgy acerbic wit. It's really cool and good that Caleb can't see her insincerity.

https://quadrant.org.au/magazine/2015/11/islam-modern-day-sexual-slavery/
https://quadrant.org.au/magazine/2017/01-02/islamic-state-child-soldiers-islamic-schools/

So full of good opinions that she choose to author them under a pseudonym.

Tokamak fucked around with this message at 04:59 on Mar 15, 2017

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 23 hours!

Lid posted:

gently caress her. gently caress her so much.

This sounds like it belongs in the Aus GBS thread.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
What does a political erotica editor make these days anyway?

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,

Tokamak posted:

I don't believe she is sincere about most of the poo poo she writes, except for her views on Islam. She figured out the easiest way to make it as a young political writer (with her leanings), is to mimic the style of the alt-right with an edgy acerbic wit. It's really cool and good that Caleb can't see her insincerity.

https://quadrant.org.au/magazine/2015/11/islam-modern-day-sexual-slavery/
https://quadrant.org.au/magazine/2017/01-02/islamic-state-child-soldiers-islamic-schools/

So full of good opinions that she choose to author them under a pseudonym.

http://shesaid.com/author/daisycousens/

She's entirely insincere, but being a centrist feminist doesn't pay the bills so lets instead defend brietbart and Milo so you can appear on Q&A.

Frogfingers
Oct 10, 2012
I'm not going to poison my brain trying to dissect her poo poo but she seems to exist just to wedge feminists on religious grounds (out of anyone's control anyway) just to distract from actual gender and class issues. Right wing slash fiction notwithstanding.

Wheezle
Aug 13, 2007

420 stop boats erryday

JBP posted:

What does a political erotica editor make these days anyway?

Nothing anyone should be forced to read.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,

Frogfingers posted:

I'm not going to poison my brain trying to dissect her poo poo but she seems to exist just to wedge feminists on religious grounds (out of anyone's control anyway) just to distract from actual gender and class issues. Right wing slash fiction notwithstanding.

Nah she can't wedge, she is officially Not A Feminist

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/blogs/andrew-bolt/daisy-cousens-why-im-not-a-feminist/news-story/248cabaa36655f4fc0e7d189dca21a33

Comstar
Apr 20, 2007

Are you happy now?
AU banks hit with wet lettuce. The banks then gave money to charity, which I guess advises people to save money in the same bank who paid them?

In no way does this mean our big 4 are corrupt mind you!

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'

Lid posted:

http://shesaid.com/author/daisycousens/

She's entirely insincere, but being a centrist feminist doesn't pay the bills so lets instead defend brietbart and Milo so you can appear on Q&A.

http://fusion.net/story/391391/woke-misogynist/

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 23 hours!
https://twitter.com/workmanalice/status/841813278019878912

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

i'm happy as anyone else to rip on bad writing but it's pretty funny to watch dudes rip extra hard on someone (probably because she's a woman)

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

That is one hell of a Simpsons/Futurama mixed metaphor there

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Milky Moor posted:

i'm happy as anyone else to rip on bad writing but it's pretty funny to watch dudes rip extra hard on someone (probably because she's a woman)

Yeah, it's because she's a woman, not because she wrote a gushing piece about racist piece of poo poo Bill Leak and how feminism is bad, and then removed it.

Yep, just dudes picking on the ladies again.

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

MysticalMachineGun posted:

Yeah, it's because she's a woman, not because she wrote a gushing piece about racist piece of poo poo Bill Leak and how feminism is bad, and then removed it.

Yep, just dudes picking on the ladies again.

Lid posted:

HMMMMMMMMM

this is normal behavior

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

Milky Moor posted:

this is normal behavior

Mocking lightweight hacks is normal, yes.

norp
Jan 20, 2004

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

let's invade New Zealand, they have oil
He must have a different definition of common sense.

Edit: the bernardi silliness

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

That Daisy Cousens writing deserves to be ripped on by absolutely everyone of all gender identities, the way she characterized him gave me loving flashbacks to reading Atlas Shrugged. Except I think even that made me want to puke less.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

It reminded me of Paul Sheehan's paean / wankfest about that horse trainer (which also got soundly and deservedly mocked, here and elsewhere).

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

Doctor Spaceman posted:

Mocking lightweight hacks is normal, yes.

so you are mocking the person and not the writing

Doctor Spaceman posted:

It reminded me of Paul Sheehan's paean / wankfest about that horse trainer (which also got soundly and deservedly mocked, here and elsewhere).

i don't remember lid going back through paul sheehan's blog or whatever and finding a big ol picture of paul sheehan and posting a big ol HMMMMMMMMMMMMM

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Milky does raise a good point though that there's got to be loads of conservative hack writing by men which is just as or nearly-as bad, which doesn't get dumped on as much as it rightfully deserves.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
Play the ball not the man - :scrunt:

Jonah Galtberg
Feb 11, 2009

Milky Moor posted:

Shut the gently caress up

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

Bifauxnen posted:

Milky does raise a good point though that there's got to be loads of conservative hack writing by men which is just as or nearly-as bad, which doesn't get dumped on as much as it rightfully deserves.

bolt's written like 3-4 terrible pieces on the evil leftists (such as the ABC) abusing bill leak and his legacy

no one's gone and found a big picture of him like that's supposed to prove... something about his writing?

Jonah Galtberg
Feb 11, 2009

Milky Moor posted:

i don't remember lid going back through paul sheehan's blog or whatever and finding a big ol picture of paul sheehan and posting a big ol HMMMMMMMMMMMMM

Shut the gently caress up

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

Milky Moor posted:

I assume it's a picture pulled from Twitter and that the point is she is incredibly inconsistent about feminism but that's just a guess.

SHALASHASKA HAWKE
Nov 10, 2016

No child soldier in poverty by 1990
no we should listen to Milky he is uniquely placed to tell the rest of us about bad writing

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

Milky Moor posted:

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

SLASHER HAWKE posted:

no we should listen to Milky he is uniquely placed to tell the rest of us about bad writing

exactly. you can trust me.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Milky Moor posted:

bolt's written like 3-4 terrible pieces on the evil leftists (such as the ABC) abusing bill leak and his legacy

no one's gone and found a big picture of him like that's supposed to prove... something about his writing?

There is that one great Chicken Parmigiana cartoon about him though. Can someone repost it? I don't want to go looking it up while I'm at work

Mad Katter
Aug 23, 2010

STOP THE BATS

Milky Moor posted:

People did almost exactly that to Caleb Bond in last month's thread.

Then they posted about how he looks like Alfred E Newman and needs to buy clearasil.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,

Doctor Spaceman posted:

I assume it's a picture pulled from Twitter and that the point is she is incredibly inconsistent about feminism but that's just a guess.

This is correct, entirely. Others found it and its over on twitter. Milky wanted a soapbox about woke misogyny and this was their hill to die on.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 23 hours!
Bad news for your mum:

https://twitter.com/SkyNewsAust/status/841877677208416256

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jonah Galtberg
Feb 11, 2009

nice gendered insult, mods??????

• Locked thread