Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.

Nuebot posted:

To make the new characters look more appealing they use the spider graph to make them look OP even when their stats are flat out worse.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008
^^^ lol

Nuebot posted:

Me. I was on the fence about going all in on noctis. But the dream of rolling Noctis and Gilgamesh? Too good. Also more zidanes is more good.

gently caress, I'm on the fence. Like, on one hand, the longevity of Genji Glove is indisputable and I think Noctis's kit is unique enough that we won't really see another unit emulate that set outside of Ling. But on the other hand, if our DD meta is anything similar to JP's, Orlandu's shelf life is ridiculous. But (but) it would also just take 1 GL exclusive unit to completely poo poo on the meta like Olive did.

For y'all saving for Tidus, who is a bad rear end unit, be warned that he's incredibly difficult to chain with himself (either 2 copies or friend like you would Orlandu) and the handful of people I talked to on JP say it's pretty much impossible without a macro.

Orlandu being able to not only flawlessly chain easily, but bridge the gap between the skills with DW to able to create a retarded long chain is just unmatched. The 2nd wave of Holy Explosion with DW is usually understated by a lot of people as only getting the Holy resist debuff bonus but they forget to add 4x because you're going into that wave at max elemental chain.

I watched a few vids and I think I'm wrong on both. Tidus won't be able to perfectly chain but good enough to still do huge damage and Orlandu doesn't naturally bridge between his 2 waves of HE.

dangerous.hotdog fucked around with this message at 03:10 on Mar 15, 2017

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

108 tickets and 25k lapis waiting for something, just don't know what since Lucky Charms Bedile isn't gonna happen :smith: . I'm thinking I'll chase Refia a bit with dual cast in the oven and be set for healers for a long time. If anything I should blow that lapis on macroing, I've been rank grinding to try and make it that more efficient when I get off my lazy butt and get it going.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

dangerous.hotdog posted:

But on the other hand, if our DD meta is anything similar to JP's, Orlandu's shelf life is ridiculous. But (but) it would also just take 1 GL exclusive unit to completely poo poo on the meta like Olive did.
Orlandu is also at a mystery later date. It might be far enough away to recoup some lapis loss with a story and event update or something.

:eyepop:

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.

Riiiiight.

e: the very next fight I pick in the arena, rank 50something
e: and then a similar rank 39, player rank not arena rank, with a whole branch worth of Olives

Ghosts n Gopniks fucked around with this message at 03:27 on Mar 15, 2017

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Thankfully 2 of the Olives aren't 6*. That guy was some nice and easy wins.

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy
How do you even manage to 6* max out Noctis/Olive/Emperor/Dark Fina/Cecil without getting a lot higher than rank 36

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Some people actually had bugged out Cactuar Dunes last time it showed up and could farm the 4th stage as a result. Considering the age of the account, that's not too unlikely?

Ron Paul Atreides
Apr 19, 2012

Uyghurs situation in Xinjiang? Just a police action, do not fret. Not ongoing genocide like in EVIL Canada.

I am definitely not a tankie.
Love opening a Ramza from a daily login ticket.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

This needs to be at the top of the OP.

Scrublord Prime posted:

108 tickets and 25k lapis waiting for something, just don't know what since Lucky Charms Bedile isn't gonna happen :smith: . I'm thinking I'll chase Refia a bit with dual cast in the oven and be set for healers for a long time. If anything I should blow that lapis on macroing, I've been rank grinding to try and make it that more efficient when I get off my lazy butt and get it going.

Sitting on 134 tickets and 29k Lapis. Still leaning towards a 10+1 on the player's choice and maybe some tickets. I know I won't luck out and get Noctis (or Greg) but another Zidane or 3 would be cool.

MrLonghair posted:

Riiiiight.

e: the very next fight I pick in the arena, rank 50something
e: and then a similar rank 39, player rank not arena rank, with a whole branch worth of Olives

A team of Olives with an extremely tanky unit (or two) can be a pain in the rear end in the arena because if you don't one-round them and they got to go first on round 1 you're probably going to get murdered by the bombardments because their 3 turn counter seems to count down on both player turns.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Fenrir posted:

How do you even manage to 6* max out Noctis/Olive/Emperor/Dark Fina/Cecil without getting a lot higher than rank 36

you probably just inject the materials and cactaurs after you're done injecting the base 5*s

Ubiquitus
Nov 20, 2011

Evil Fluffy posted:

This needs to be at the top of the OP.

Sitting on 134 tickets and 29k Lapis. Still leaning towards a 10+1 on the player's choice and maybe some tickets. I know I won't luck out and get Noctis (or Greg) but another Zidane or 3 would be cool.

A team of Olives with an extremely tanky unit (or two) can be a pain in the rear end in the arena because if you don't one-round them and they got to go first on round 1 you're probably going to get murdered by the bombardments because their 3 turn counter seems to count down on both player turns.

But bombardment isn't learned until lvl 88 at 6*, and that guy had two that were 5*. Really that fight should have been an easy win.

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus
Is the 3000 lapis FF type 0 bundle thing worth it? Or the daily 500 lapis one?

Ron Paul Atreides
Apr 19, 2012

Uyghurs situation in Xinjiang? Just a police action, do not fret. Not ongoing genocide like in EVIL Canada.

Khisanth Magus posted:

Not unless you are really impatient for 6* mats

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Ron Paul Atreides posted:

Not unless you are really impatient for 6* mats

And have the disposable income. Generally speaking, cash for cactaurs is never worth it. A cactaur dunes event, King Mog event, or Maze event is always right around the corner.

Bundles that cost Lapis are usually only worth it if they include summon tickets and the ratio is around 250ish a ticket or the cost of a daily pull.

Always check with us before you buy. (Wich you did, so good on you.)

Vax
Dec 29, 2011

delicious!

rabidsquid posted:

you probably just inject the materials and cactaurs after you're done injecting the base 5*s

You cannot inject units. You can however inject Tickets and Cactuars. Probably just someone with 1000+ injected tickets.

Or just a reroller with insane luck.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

I'm still six whole stages away from Odin :negative: so close but so far away.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Someone translated the character relationship chart from an official book. Spoilers for those who care, for both events and characters we haven't met.
http://i.imgur.com/Ie6Fi3L.jpg

Worth noting is the hilarious choice of name they gave the Earth Veritas. Also the island of losers in the bottom left.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

I did not read the Chiz Hayate Miyuki connection right on first look.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

MrLonghair posted:

I did not read the Chiz Hayate Miyuki connection right on first look.

It's cool man, targaryens wed brother to sister for generations.

Rocketpriest
Nov 28, 2006
Alias: Non-Demoninational Minister Capable of Sub-Atmospheric Flight

Love opening a Ramza from a daily login ticket.

Hi five Daily Pull Ramza buddy! This banner's been pretty good to me; it gave me the Exdeath I needed, gave me Ramza who from what reddit says is almost a requirement for some of the ridiculous trials coming later on, and Mercedes and Celes for their TMR's. Gonna have to throw Ramza and Hayate in my TMR party once Bartz and Olive are done so Olive can have fancy clothes. Now I just need two Gaffgarions and like 4 (or just loving ANY) Shines and I'll have a real monster on my hands.

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Pulled a Refia on the 1/2 price today, so I'm claiming the player's choice banner must be live now.

Also, sure am glad I finished this Sakurafubuki the same week I got the Genji Blade

Ron Paul Atreides
Apr 19, 2012

Rocketpriest posted:

Hi five Daily Pull Ramza buddy! This banner's been pretty good to me; it gave me the Exdeath I needed, gave me Ramza who from what reddit says is almost a requirement for some of the ridiculous trials coming later on, and Mercedes and Celes for their TMR's. Gonna have to throw Ramza and Hayate in my TMR party once Bartz and Olive are done so Olive can have fancy clothes. Now I just need two Gaffgarions and like 4 (or just loving ANY) Shines and I'll have a real monster on my hands.

I actually don't know Ramza's kit that well just knew he had Ultima a and a wicked TMR. What's he super good for?

Working on Hayate right now to get my rooster man (Yun) up to snuff. He's gonna be gouging some eyes let me tell you

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

I actually don't know Ramza's kit that well just knew he had Ultima a and a wicked TMR. What's he super good for?

His TM Brave Suit is the best armor for DPS in the game. Supposedly he gets those mystical enhancements that turn him into a beast, but at the rate we are going it might happen in 2-3 years. Probably about the same time we get Orlandu.

Ron Paul Atreides
Apr 19, 2012

Cartoon Man posted:

His TM Brave Suit is the best armor for DPS in the game. Supposedly he gets those mystical enhancements that turn him into a beast, but at the rate we are going it might happen in 2-3 years. Probably about the same time we get Orlandu.

Yeah his suit is deffo going on Luneth.

Ron Paul Atreides
Apr 19, 2012

Is there and equip cloth armor TMR yet so I can get exdeath into some proper mage gear

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Is there and equip cloth armor TMR yet so I can get exdeath into some proper mage gear

http://exvius.gamepedia.com/Equip_Clothes

Ron Paul Atreides
Apr 19, 2012

Welp guess I gotta get working on those keys

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Welp guess I gotta get working on those keys

Yeah, if you don't have four Letters and Arms grinded out for ExDeath, it's probably a good way to get some extra MAG on him as opposed to the usual MAG +10%. Especially for F2P players.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Khisanth Magus posted:

They are almost never worth it. If you need 6* mats it's probably more efficient to spend lapis running the event level to buy materials but it'd depend on how much of a bonus you get from running the stages and your max stamina.

You should buy all of the cheap 6* mats regardless though.

hamsystem
Nov 11, 2010

Fuzzy pickles!

Bored at work.

Ubiquitus
Nov 20, 2011

So I am still farming the demolition event, but I've gotten all the good items, all the cactuars, enough mats to upgrade another 2 chars to 6*, some rare tickets, and both the ATK and gate of destiny materia. Should I farm star quartz, or finish buying out all the 6* mats?? I'm barely at the third continent story-wise, but it looks like you can buy some pretty useful things with star quartz later on.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Generally speaking, the order goes like this for all King Mog events, but may vary depending on how long you've been playing the game.

1. Any event exclusive weapons/items/materia that are top tier. (Old players may skip things like this event's sword, or the ATK +15% materia if they already have something equivalent.)

2. All the summon tickets available. All of them. Summoning is the bread and butter of this game and your power creep is dependent on this, ESPECIALLY if you are F2P. This is always number 2 after event exclusive items. Get your tickets and save them for the upcoming Orlandu banner that will never come.

(These next three are interchangeable depending on your particular needs.)
3. Star Quartz. Like you said there are lots of unique items at the Fat Chocobo store you can't get elsewhere. Earrings for you mages, a shield for Cecil, the counterattack DEF belt, maneater materia, few others.

4. Gigantaurs to level. If you get a critical new unit you need to level fast, this can come ahead of the star quartz. You can even do this ahead of numbers 2 and 1 if you are drat sure you will have enough time to get the exclusive items and all the summon tickets later.

5. The cheapy Six star mats. Again, move this higher if you have a critical unit to level. Otherwise buy all of the cheap six star mats, only dip into the more expensive and repeatable six star mats if you absolutely have to.

6. Elixirs, Phoenix Downs, Remedies, sacred crystals, any other misc items left. You probably don't need all of these, but at a minimum get the elixirs and Phoenix Downs. Lately they've added esper Megacite, get all of them too, even if you've already maxed all your espers.

7. 30 thousand trust moogle followed by the 70 thousand trust moogle. Some on the forum will argue not to bother with either of these. You can earn more trust per NRG by macro grinding the Earth Shrine than what a single moogle puts out. However, not everybody macro grinds, and if you are F2P, then this is the fastest way to get that sweet sweet TM gear. Still that 70k moogle is hard to justify.

Cartoon Man fucked around with this message at 21:49 on Mar 15, 2017

Ubiquitus
Nov 20, 2011

Awesome, thanks Cartoon Man!

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Now that the event is almost over, I'm working on a new friend unit build, let me know what you guys think.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
I sold my 22 Excalipoors today sadly, with all of FF14's exclusive gear I'm gonna need the slots.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

I got this.

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

I believe in you Bedile

You can do it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

On the flipside, someone maxing out a team of poo poo tier characters like bedile with a full set of TMs could be hilarious.

• Locked thread