Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

MrBling posted:

I randomly listened to Victims of Deception today, such a great album. One of the few that manages to mix technicality into thrash metal without making it suck.

Always fun to re-visit stuff you've forgotten was that good.

it's kinda impressive how well they aped the and justice for all production apart from the joey belladonna vocals

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy

Kaiho posted:

Fen is releasing their new album "Winter" today and it's streaming here http://www.nocleansinging.com/2017/03/09/an-ncs-album-premiere-and-a-review-fen-winter/ - and it sounds pretty good if you're into that blackened folk thing. Definite echoes of Agalloch.

From a few pages back, but thanks for this. Owns a lot.

Nazzadan
Jun 22, 2016

Ye, Fen's is probably my AOTYSF. That or The Great Old Ones.

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

This post brought to you by the finest Miami cocaine money can buy ----->
glad we have an acronym for that term now

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Nazzadan posted:

Ye, Fen's is probably my AOTYSF. That or The Great Old Ones.

Not a big fan of George RR Martin's writing but the shows are pretty good.

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese

Nazzadan posted:

"Are you guys a nazi band?"

"No, we just hate religion" -Mardukman

Sabaton's Ghost Division speaks pretty highly of the 7th Panzer Division, and as far as I know they aren't accused of being Nazis. I mean sure they have anti Nazi songs too, but if we are basing a bands ideology on choice lyrics then Sabaton are totally for a thousand year Reich.

His newest album is bordered by swastikas and Varg was like "oooh wooow I guess those ARE swastikas! I didn't mean for them to be~"

I'm pretty sure that last time we discussed this the consensus was that Sabaton were almost certainly more likely to be Nazis than Marduk. At the very least they seem to be pretty big wehraboos and I would bet my mortgage that one of them has unironically used the term "Clean Wehrmacht" at some point.

Nazzadan
Jun 22, 2016

Weaponized Cum posted:

glad we have an acronym for that term now

yw

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

E- never mind

Varg
Jan 13, 2007

A friendly face.

Saw Nile & Overkill on Saturday, it was awesome. Before their encore, Overkill ended the set with a Thin Lizzy cover and everyone was like "huh?".. but then the encore owned and moshing to Elimination will forever be a favorite concert memory

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Varg posted:

Saw Nile & Overkill on Saturday, it was awesome. Before their encore, Overkill ended the set with a Thin Lizzy cover and everyone was like "huh?".. but then the encore owned and moshing to Elimination will forever be a favorite concert memory

That cover is the bonus track of their new album, which is the version on streaming services. Also Emerald is the poo poo.

Varg
Jan 13, 2007

A friendly face.

ah okay, they definitely sounded good playing it, it just wasn't what anyone was in the mood for at that moment haha

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.
My favourite unexpected* live cover was Jess and the Ancient Ones playing Motörhead's Iron Fist. It loving owned.

*: Unexpected by me at least, apparently they've been doing it a lot but I wasn't aware of that.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Destroyer 666 did that last year and it ruled

ElectricWizard
Oct 21, 2008
Hail of Bullets broke up. 🙁

Varg
Jan 13, 2007

A friendly face.

oh also these guys were an opener and they really kill it - Xenophile

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Who the hell isn't in the mood for Thin Lizzy 24/7

the yeti
Mar 29, 2008

memento disco

Varg posted:

For curiosity's sake how'd Nile sound this time around?

Varg
Jan 13, 2007

A friendly face.

the yeti posted:

They were pretty good, they're tight and they look like they have so much fun playing, everyone was loving it. I saw them play like a 25 min set not too long ago on the summer slaughter tour last year, so this time was a lot better than that.

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

MikeCrotch posted:

I'm pretty sure that last time we discussed this the consensus was that Sabaton were almost certainly more likely to be Nazis than Marduk. At the very least they seem to be pretty big wehraboos and I would bet my mortgage that one of them has unironically used the term "Clean Wehrmacht" at some point.

from knowing a lot of people who aren't academic historians or otherwise paid to give a poo poo who are really into the civil war and the confederacy in particular if you pry enough tend to have a lot of let's say "admiration" for the less savory parts. it's sort of an open secret

i'd imagine the same goes for a lot of nazi buffs

Varg
Jan 13, 2007

A friendly face.

I'm posting a lot today but OH poo poo LOOK AT THIS

quote:

In March 1992, an Epidemic of Violence was unleashed upon the world…

To commemorate this skull fracturing event, Demolition Hammer will be playing a special show at Gramercy Theater in NYC on June 24th, 2017.

We will be playing “Epidemic of Violence” in its entirety, including songs which we have NEVER played live before.

There will also be special 25th anniversary Epidemic of Violence merchandise that will only be sold at the show and will never be manufactured and sold again afterwards.

Tickets onsale THIS FRIDAY at 10 am EST
Don’t miss this one time only vicious event…
#EOV25 #demolitionhammer #epidemicofviolence

Ticket information:
Live Nation & Music Geeks Presale: Wed, March 15th @ 10 am to Thurs, March 16th @ 10pm EST
Public On Sale: Fri, March 17th @ 10am EST
http://www.livenation.com/events/656561-jun-24-2017-demolition-hammer

AARP LARPer
Feb 19, 2005

THE DARK SIDE OF SCIENCE BREEDS A WEAPON OF WAR

Buglord

the yeti posted:

This tour was my first time seeing them and I thought they sounded fantastic. They just kind of stood there, but the musicianship was top notch. The new guy is great.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Kilometers Davis posted:

Who the hell isn't in the mood for Thin Lizzy 24/7

This.

Thin Lizzy outside the hits they are so loving GOOD. Johnny the Fox, Bad Reputation, Renegade and Thunder & Lightning are perfect start to finish.

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

WAR DOGS OF SOCHI posted:

They just kind of stood there, but the musicianship was top notch.

so it was a nile show

AARP LARPer
Feb 19, 2005

THE DARK SIDE OF SCIENCE BREEDS A WEAPON OF WAR

Buglord

The Muppets On PCP posted:

so it was a nile show

yeah, p much like you said

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン

The Muppets On PCP posted:

so it was a nile show

then karl made pizza

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Vintersorg posted:

This.

Thin Lizzy outside the hits they are so loving GOOD. Johnny the Fox, Bad Reputation, Renegade and Thunder & Lightning are perfect start to finish.

Even the hits are a million times better than most band's at the time.

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

more like BOLLOCKnese

muike posted:

then karl made pizza

Did he eat skittles in between songs like that one goon apparently caught him doing

A human heart
Oct 10, 2012

Defiant Sally
May 6, 2004

Focus your Orochi.
Paul Masvidal is featured on the new Persefone if any of you are into weird rear end prog/tech metal. I am a fan.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=epxkiTxoHrw

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy
I just listened to the Akercocke performance at Bloostock last year again, and good god drat I'm so glad they're back. I hope Renaissance In Extremis is even half of what I am hoping for. I mean, we're never going to get another Words/Deeds but, I'd absolutely settle for another Antichrist.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Defiant Sally posted:

Paul Masvidal is featured on the new Persefone if any of you are into weird rear end prog/tech metal. I am a fan.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=epxkiTxoHrw

It's a good record and it's really funny how RateYourMusic users are enraged about it having high ratings and topping the 2017 chart in loving March.

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
OH gently caress I didn't realize the new Persefone had dropped already. Spiritual Migration is an amazing album, I'll have to try to give this one a listen today

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Drvs9C8AjD4

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe

Defiant Sally posted:

Paul Masvidal is

I like Paul. That song just made me pine for more Cynic. :(

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy

This tour was my first time seeing them and I thought they sounded fantastic. They just kind of stood there, but the musicianship was top notch. The new guy is great.

Haven't seen them with the new guy, but yeah, that's pretty much what Nile does. I mean, most of them are over 40 at this point and Karl's like 50something. I'm surprised old man Karl can still do those growls.

It's still weird to imagine Nile without Dallas, though.

Fenrir fucked around with this message at 15:36 on Mar 15, 2017

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

more like BOLLOCKnese

realbez posted:

I like Paul. That song just made me pine for more Cynic. :(

Cynic are still going with Masvidal, the drummer said they were disbanding only for the rest of the band to reply "Uh, no we aren't."

Whether they actually make any more music, who the gently caress knows.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Is there a release date for new Akercocke? I loving hope they tour Can/US.

Speaking of tours, Annihilator is going out this year in Canada. :D

Cobra Commander
Jan 18, 2011

I'm not sure how to feel about Dallas not being in Nile. I like his guitar work a lot but I never cared for his voice.

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
i thought dallas' hardcore style rasp was a good complement to karl's lower growl and whoever the bassist is

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

I've loved Nile for nearly half of my life here on earth and somehow thought there was one vocalist and Karl was only a guitarist. Huh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the yeti
Mar 29, 2008

memento disco

Varg posted:

They were pretty good, they're tight and they look like they have so much fun playing, everyone was loving it. I saw them play like a 25 min set not too long ago on the summer slaughter tour last year, so this time was a lot better than that.

Awesome! Last time I heard them they were off their game a good bit, they do enjoy themselves a ton so it's kind of nice that they're back to their usual :shobon: