Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Oh god why does it burn?!

howe_sam posted:

Goddamn I miss Snart.

Legends already gave us a way to get him back, I can't imagine they won't take it given they have him for a multi-show contract.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

Was Jesse this dumb before she was a speedster or does speed force drop you a couple dozen IQ points?

CaptainCaveman
Apr 16, 2005

Always searching for North.
Did I miss or forget some explanation as to what Flash did to get rid of the Black Flash there? I know the vitals tracking/link was on the back of his emblem, but...

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

CaptainCaveman posted:

Did I miss or forget some explanation as to what Flash did to get rid of the Black Flash there? I know the vitals tracking/link was on the back of his emblem, but...

It has a single use defibrillator that he presumably used on Black Flash. WHY that works, who knows.

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

Well that's my story.

WHY does a speedster need to be trapped in the speed force?

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

Well that's my story.

poor Jay has to watch Wally's mom die forever

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Kind of wonder if the Speed Force is trying to tell Barry he needs to get the gently caress over his martyr complex or something. Could be a hint that Savitar is his guilt somehow given form via Speed Force fuckery?

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

nooneofconsequence posted:

WHY does a speedster need to be trapped in the speed force?

Because Barry turned Savitar into the Speedforce Atlas.

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

Well that's my story.

so Earth 2 doesn't need a Flash?

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

This is why romance on the CW has such a bad name.

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Whoooo. Doubling up on speedster relationship drama!

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

Well that's my story.

how does that make any sense, Barry.

nmx
May 16, 2004

WTF Barry?

Episode has people making decisions for no reason. Guess I shouldn't be surprised.

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003
The speedforce is a dick to Barry. I mean, seriously he should point that the speedforce has no qualms about letting evil people change time and acccess the speedforce and don't but them through half the bullshit they put the good speedsters do. I get it, they are evil, that's their game but c'mon.

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

Whelp, everyone was dicks to people that needed support for no reason what so ever.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

nooneofconsequence posted:

so Earth 2 doesn't need a Flash?

Earth-2 has Harry Wells and his Big loving Gun. I'd say it's in good hands while Jessie's on Earth-3. unless it's against Grodd again. Then they're hosed

nine-gear crow fucked around with this message at 04:57 on Mar 15, 2017

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
I think I missed something, why does their have to be a speedster trapped in the Speed Force? And why is the Speed Force hell?

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

What part of "ain't got to explain poo poo!" do you not understand.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

"Getting a little slow in your Golden Age there Garrick!" Nice one Snart.

Guy Goodbody posted:

I think I missed something, why does their have to be a speedster trapped in the Speed Force? And why is the Speed Force hell?

Future-Barry built a prison inside the speedforce, engineering it so that, in order to keep the speedster imprisoned, everything would collapse if they escaped. No clue if the prison being hell is intentional or a side effect.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Jesse could have just sprinted by HR instead of punching him in the face :lol:

Also, why was she going to Earth 3, isn't Jay Earth 2? And if not who's the Flash on Earth 2?

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
Jay's the Flash of Earth-3. Zoom was Earth-2's Flash before he became Zoom after loving around with Velocity, now Jesse's Earth-2's Flash.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

Mmmm, got a good man-love "hey Bare" out of the episode so it's all good.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Bruceski posted:

Future-Barry built a prison inside the speedforce, engineering it so that, in order to keep the speedster imprisoned, everything would collapse if they escaped. No clue if the prison being hell is intentional or a side effect.

That seems like a really, really bad idea.

What would happen if the Speedforce collapsed? Barry uses it for magic like phasing and dimensional travel, so without the Speedforce he'd be restricted to super speed and lightning?

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

nine-gear crow posted:

Jay's the Flash of Earth-3. Zoom was Earth-2's Flash before he became Zoom after loving around with Velocity, now Jesse's Earth-2's Flash.

OOoh yeah, that's right, thank you!

Xealot
Nov 25, 2002

Showdown in the Galaxy Era.

Grem posted:

Mmmm, got a good man-love "hey Bare" out of the episode so it's all good.

Though it was kind of menacing this time.

You'd think there'd be more metas who aren't evil. Jay is the only heroic person on Earth-3, so now Jesse has to go there? There's not, like, a good version of Girder or Weather Wizard? It's kind of an unexplored cynicism of the show, that 90% of people granted superhuman power use it to commit crimes.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Guy Goodbody posted:

That seems like a really, really bad idea.

It has been well established that Barry's an idiot.

Arthur Bowlsworth
Dec 5, 2003

Wot wot, old boy. Might one have a toke?
Isn't earth 3 the one run by the Syndicate?

Space Crabs
Mar 10, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
I expected a completely different line from when Jay decided to strand himself in Speedster prison

Barry: What do I do?!
Jay: Do what you do best......murder

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Is that all you want Barry? sure you dont want to try and save your old buddy Eddie? :(

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

Arthur Bowlsworth posted:

Isn't earth 3 the one run by the Syndicate?

Not in the CW Multiverse. The traditional Earth 2/Golden Age is CW-Earth-3 because of the Fake Jay plotline.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

nine-gear crow posted:

What number is Supergirl's Earth?

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to know

Spacebump posted:

What number is Supergirl's Earth?

Earth-38

avoid doorways
Jun 6, 2010

'twas brillig
Gun Saliva
Barry broke up with Iris because he wants to be single for when Kara visits next week.

Vietnamwees
May 8, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Licarn posted:

Barry broke up with Iris because he wants to be single for when Kara visits next week.

Barry's gonna have a musical fantasy with Supergirl.

Space Crabs
Mar 10, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
If the writers pull some self-fulfilling prophecy poo poo with Savitar being Jay Garrick, I'll probably write a sternly worded letter.

:flashfact:"Barry, I'll be seeing you real soon."
:flashfap:"Yeah when I rescue you from here and defeat Savitar"
:flashfact:"No, see, I went insane from being imprisoned in here"
:flashfap:"But you did that to yourself"
:flashfact:"To save you from doing it, so it's your fault"
:flashfap:"Then why do you hate me"
:flashfact:"Crazzzzzyyyyyyy"
:flashfap:"What? Is that how Savitar has "lived all of this" before? And why Jay secretly showed me Savitar killing Iris so that I could stop him...because....he....knew.....he was going to be you?"
:flashfact:"Pretty much"
:flashfap:"......Then why didn't you just stop us from releasing you in the first place? How did you turn into savitar the first time if this is some kind of time loop? How are you in the present aware that you will be Savitar in the future"
:flashfact:"Some things you just can't change"
:flashfap:"What?!?! That's the whole....Like.....gently caress you man"
*Cut to credits*

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
So if Jesse can just run over to Earth-3 to cover for Jay while he's on vacation in Speed Hell, why can't Wally go to Earth-2 to cover for Jesse and just take Iris with him so they can do that whole Flashpoint Brother-Sister Hero Duo thing over there?

Savitar can't kill Iris is she's not on Earth-1 in the future, right?

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Savitar is Joe because he's sick and tired of his kids being idiots

Space Crabs
Mar 10, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Savitar is that guy with the sound gauntlets, he is really mad they never called him back or mentioned him or acknowledge his existence after the time wraith incident despite seeming to be really good friends at the time.

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to know

Space Crabs posted:

Savitar is that guy with the sound gauntlets, he is really mad they never called him back or mentioned him or acknowledge his existence after the time wraith incident despite seeming to be really good friends at the time.

I was wondering earlier how Flashpoint mixed up Piper's relationship with the gang. They really should revisit it, especially with a musical episode coming up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Krad
Feb 4, 2008

Touche
If I hear the line "Can we talk for a minute?" one more time, I'll turn into Savitar and speedforce-punch the show in the face.

• Locked thread