Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005

Bifauxnen posted:

There is that one great Chicken Parmigiana cartoon about him though. Can someone repost it? I don't want to go looking it up while I'm at work

http://hilarity.chickennation.com/index.php?start=27

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'

Lid posted:

This is correct, entirely. Others found it and its over on twitter. Milky wanted a soapbox about woke misogyny and this was their hill to die on.

please don't doxx people even if other people have done it "over on twitter"

Jonah Galtberg
Feb 11, 2009

Milky Moor posted:

SHALASHASKA HAWKE
Nov 10, 2016

No child soldier in poverty by 1990

Milky Moor posted:

please don't post publicly available information from a publication about public commentators even if other people have done it "over on twitter"

CATTASTIC
Mar 31, 2010

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

why aren't there any female letters?

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

Milky Moor posted:

You don't know what doxxing is do you.

Jonah Galtberg
Feb 11, 2009

QUACKTASTIC posted:

why aren't there any female letters?

actually i think you will find that they are all genderqueer and identify as neither male nor female

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

don't doxx Sky News tia

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

Lid posted:

You don't know what doxxing is do you.

i took my definition from FAU, friend. i am only trying to help

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

Bernie would have won

Jonah Galtberg
Feb 11, 2009

please don't doxx bernie

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

Milky Moor posted:

i took my definition from FAU, friend. i am only trying to help

Friend, between insinuating I'm a woke misogynist - feminist lefty rapist - and that the posts here have been driven by anti-woman hatred when the point of it was someone going from "outspoken feminist" to "feminism is cancer" publications. No, you have a chip on your shoulder over me for some time and thought "finally he posted about two women today, I have him nailed the misogynist". I trust you looking to help anyone as far as I can throw you.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 32 hours!
Many people ask me why I became a journalist. “With your looks, Daisy,” they say, “you could’ve been anything you want. Why enter the relatively unattractive field of journalism?” I always tell them the same story of why I decided to devote myself to exposing the feminist left via journalism rather than becoming a model or mistress of a billionaire as most people would assume I am.

It was the first day of my work experience placement with News Ltd. I sashayed hesitantly yet with a sensuous grace into the lobby, my form-fitting red sheath slinkily hugging my curves. As I stopped to make sure my seams were straight, I became aware that I was being watched. From across the lobby, a tall, ruggedly handsome man was transfixed, his piercing eyes tracking my every movement. I was startled, yet flattered. My face flushed with excitement, I looked him in the eye and introduced myself. “I’m Daisy,” I purred, moistening my heart-shaped lips. “I’m here for … experience.” It reminded me a lot of the time I saw Chris Kenny on the train and he told me I was the most beautiful woman he’d ever seen.

“Hello, Daisy,” he replied in a deep, resonant voice that spoke volumes about the quiet confidence that he carried with him always while also containing hints of the inner turbulence suffered by all men of conscience who wrestle daily with the civilisational crisis afflicting our world. You know the kind of voice I mean. “I’m Andrew Bolt,” he said, and I immediately went weak at the knees. Andrew Bolt? The Andrew Bolt? The man whose writings I devoured every day with the same voracious enthusiasm that an overweight woman would devour apple pies as a substitute for the love she can never have? I shivered with apprehension and pleasure as I took his hand in mine and murmured, “Pleased to meet you.”

“Nice to meet you,” he replied, giving me a roguish look. “You’re here to learn journalism, are you?”

I looked coquettishly at my amazingly expensive shoes. “I’m just exploring my options,” I replied, scarcely believing that I was actually having a conversation with the man about whom I had dreamed so many nights, the man whose writings on the Aboriginal grievance industry had in many ways made me a woman. This was even better than the time I shared a taxi with Rowan Dean and he begged me to come work for him.

“It’s always good to have options,” Andrew rumbled in that gorgeous, rational, free-thinking voice. “What the Left doesn’t understand is that the foundation of Western civilisation is freedom of choice. Political correctness restricts our choices and tells us that we are racist when actually we are the opposite. Leftists want us to have no options because they gain lucrative research grants that way.”

I gazed at him, giddy with euphoria. That was exactly what I thought. The man was a rare genius -- I had never met anyone who could express my opinions so clearly and concisely. All my life I had searched for a man I could call my intellectual equal; how amazing to find him in the lobby of News, and how even more amazing that it turned out he agreed with me on everything.

In the lift, I had to fight to restrain myself from staring at Andrew, drinking in his powerful, toned form. He had been poured into his suit so perfectly it was almost as if suit and man were two parts of the same organism. No wonder the feminists hated him -- he represented all they could never have because they were too ugly. On the second floor, the lift stopped, and in stepped another man: older, distinguished, carrying himself with the reserve of generations past and yet with the fire of secret passions burning in his eyes. “My goodness,” I gasped, “you’re Gerard Henderson!”

Gerard smiled kindly, yet flirtatiously. “Good morning,” he intoned, and I drat near lost control of my southern portions. I had thought his voice was sexy on TV; in person it was intoxicating. I could hardly believe that here I was, between Gerard Henderson and Andrew Bolt, just as I had fantasised so many times. I hadn’t been this excited since the time I met Miranda Devine in a McDonald’s and she told me I reminded her of herself.

“Gerard, this is Daisy,” said Andrew. “She’s here to learn journalism.”

“Ah!” cried Gerard, eyes a-twinkle with simple manly handsomeness. “So you wish to make a living exposing the hypocrisy and intolerance of the uncivil Left?” His talk of incivility was like an electric jolt to my nethers. “Yes, sir,” I said meekly, giggling in a way that I could tell Penny Wong would have hated if she’d been there. My phone buzzed. It was my friend Caleb, checking to see whether I’d received the enormous stuffed rabbit he’d had delivered to my house as a Queen’s Birthday present. I quickly texted back, “Can’t talk -- mixing with gods”.

We had reached our floor. Linking arms with Gerard and Andrew, I stepped into the newsroom. With my beautifully painted toes gliding through the air, I allowed these two strong, honest men to carry me to the editor’s desk. Chris Mitchell smiled at me. “Welcome home, Daisy,” he crooned. God, his face was like a Greek sculpture of a centaur in heat. I had to concentrate hard to hear what he was saying, so vigorously was my feminine essence being whisked by the egg-beater of his manliness. He went on. “Your first assignment,” he said, handing me a folder. “Free speech enemies. I want five snowflakes triggered by 6pm. I know you can do it.”

I melted. And that, I tell people, is why I’m a journalist

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

Lid posted:

Friend, between insinuating I'm a woke misogynist - feminist lefty rapist - and that the posts here have been driven by anti-woman hatred when the point of it was someone going from "outspoken feminist" to "feminism is cancer" publications. No, you have a chip on your shoulder over me for some time and thought "finally he posted about two women today, I have him nailed the misogynist". I trust you looking to help anyone as far as I can throw you.

:confuoot:

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

"Most mornings I'll apologise in advance to my wife."
Stop doxxing me you guys

Jonah Galtberg
Feb 11, 2009

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

Many people ask me why I became a journalist. “With your looks, Daisy,” they say, “you could’ve been anything you want. Why enter the relatively unattractive field of journalism?” I always tell them the same story of why I decided to devote myself to exposing the feminist left via journalism rather than becoming a model or mistress of a billionaire as most people would assume I am.

It was the first day of my work experience placement with News Ltd. I sashayed hesitantly yet with a sensuous grace into the lobby, my form-fitting red sheath slinkily hugging my curves. As I stopped to make sure my seams were straight, I became aware that I was being watched. From across the lobby, a tall, ruggedly handsome man was transfixed, his piercing eyes tracking my every movement. I was startled, yet flattered. My face flushed with excitement, I looked him in the eye and introduced myself. “I’m Daisy,” I purred, moistening my heart-shaped lips. “I’m here for … experience.” It reminded me a lot of the time I saw Chris Kenny on the train and he told me I was the most beautiful woman he’d ever seen.

“Hello, Daisy,” he replied in a deep, resonant voice that spoke volumes about the quiet confidence that he carried with him always while also containing hints of the inner turbulence suffered by all men of conscience who wrestle daily with the civilisational crisis afflicting our world. You know the kind of voice I mean. “I’m Andrew Bolt,” he said, and I immediately went weak at the knees. Andrew Bolt? The Andrew Bolt? The man whose writings I devoured every day with the same voracious enthusiasm that an overweight woman would devour apple pies as a substitute for the love she can never have? I shivered with apprehension and pleasure as I took his hand in mine and murmured, “Pleased to meet you.”

“Nice to meet you,” he replied, giving me a roguish look. “You’re here to learn journalism, are you?”

I looked coquettishly at my amazingly expensive shoes. “I’m just exploring my options,” I replied, scarcely believing that I was actually having a conversation with the man about whom I had dreamed so many nights, the man whose writings on the Aboriginal grievance industry had in many ways made me a woman. This was even better than the time I shared a taxi with Rowan Dean and he begged me to come work for him.

“It’s always good to have options,” Andrew rumbled in that gorgeous, rational, free-thinking voice. “What the Left doesn’t understand is that the foundation of Western civilisation is freedom of choice. Political correctness restricts our choices and tells us that we are racist when actually we are the opposite. Leftists want us to have no options because they gain lucrative research grants that way.”

I gazed at him, giddy with euphoria. That was exactly what I thought. The man was a rare genius -- I had never met anyone who could express my opinions so clearly and concisely. All my life I had searched for a man I could call my intellectual equal; how amazing to find him in the lobby of News, and how even more amazing that it turned out he agreed with me on everything.

In the lift, I had to fight to restrain myself from staring at Andrew, drinking in his powerful, toned form. He had been poured into his suit so perfectly it was almost as if suit and man were two parts of the same organism. No wonder the feminists hated him -- he represented all they could never have because they were too ugly. On the second floor, the lift stopped, and in stepped another man: older, distinguished, carrying himself with the reserve of generations past and yet with the fire of secret passions burning in his eyes. “My goodness,” I gasped, “you’re Gerard Henderson!”

Gerard smiled kindly, yet flirtatiously. “Good morning,” he intoned, and I drat near lost control of my southern portions. I had thought his voice was sexy on TV; in person it was intoxicating. I could hardly believe that here I was, between Gerard Henderson and Andrew Bolt, just as I had fantasised so many times. I hadn’t been this excited since the time I met Miranda Devine in a McDonald’s and she told me I reminded her of herself.

“Gerard, this is Daisy,” said Andrew. “She’s here to learn journalism.”

“Ah!” cried Gerard, eyes a-twinkle with simple manly handsomeness. “So you wish to make a living exposing the hypocrisy and intolerance of the uncivil Left?” His talk of incivility was like an electric jolt to my nethers. “Yes, sir,” I said meekly, giggling in a way that I could tell Penny Wong would have hated if she’d been there. My phone buzzed. It was my friend Caleb, checking to see whether I’d received the enormous stuffed rabbit he’d had delivered to my house as a Queen’s Birthday present. I quickly texted back, “Can’t talk -- mixing with gods”.

We had reached our floor. Linking arms with Gerard and Andrew, I stepped into the newsroom. With my beautifully painted toes gliding through the air, I allowed these two strong, honest men to carry me to the editor’s desk. Chris Mitchell smiled at me. “Welcome home, Daisy,” he crooned. God, his face was like a Greek sculpture of a centaur in heat. I had to concentrate hard to hear what he was saying, so vigorously was my feminine essence being whisked by the egg-beater of his manliness. He went on. “Your first assignment,” he said, handing me a folder. “Free speech enemies. I want five snowflakes triggered by 6pm. I know you can do it.”

I melted. And that, I tell people, is why I’m a journalist

you wouldn't copypaste this if it was written by a MAN

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
She want that weird white-right dick. Caleb want that weird white-right tang. We all have needs and wants guys.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
Stop kink shaming itt imo

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

Dear Milky, ever the edgy one :v:

So the tweet that was deleted is on the buzzfeed article:

Not smacksies from Rowan like I thought, but just an ill-judged smugness which is par for the course for Daisy. The thing about Daisy, Milky, if you'd bothered to do any research instead of whatever hazy idea of white-knighting you have instead, is that women were ripping on her first and a lot earlier before the men showed up. She became an instant pundit with access to national television based on nothing more than the tripe she has tossed onto the spectator website. You might understand that gets up the nose of people who've been around a lot longer, and who take a lot more care about what they write than this master of creative writing is apparently capable of. Daisy started out trying to trigger feminists for fun and profit and now she's out of her depth, boo hoo.

For instance, this appraisal of Bill Leak will probably sink under the weight of CousensGate, but that's what a free market gets you.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm proud of you, Bender. Sure, you lost. You lost bad. But the important thing is I beat up someone who hurt my feelings in high school.

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

I sashayed hesitantly yet with a sensuous grace into the lobby, my form-fitting red sheath slinkily hugging my curves. As I stopped to make sure my seams were straight, I became aware that I was being watched. From across the lobby, a tall, ruggedly handsome man was transfixed, his piercing eyes tracking my every movement. I was startled, yet flattered. My face flushed with excitement, I looked him in the eye and introduced myself. “I’m Daisy,” I purred, moistening my heart-shaped lips. “I’m here for … experience.”

She should write mills and boon novels. With this sort of prose she'd be a millionaire.

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope

Milky Moor posted:

bolt's written like 3-4 terrible pieces on the evil leftists (such as the ABC) abusing bill leak and his legacy

no one's gone and found a big picture of him like that's supposed to prove... something about his writing?

We've ripped on Bolt's looks thousands of times, do you want us to do it ad infinitum just to make sure we meet out gender balance quota?

SHALASHASKA HAWKE
Nov 10, 2016

No child soldier in poverty by 1990

Jonah Galtberg posted:

you wouldn't copypaste this if it was written by a MAN

that one was though wasn't it?

Jonah Galtberg
Feb 11, 2009

SLASHER HAWKE posted:

forgive me. the prose was so exquisite i could feel my gender bias surging so my anti gender bias function kicked in and instead of assuming maleness as the default i assumed femaleness

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

fiery_valkyrie posted:

She should write mills and boon novels. With this sort of prose she'd be a millionaire.

TBH I think she's tried it and failed. It would explain a lot.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

SLASHER HAWKE posted:

Was it written by Andrew Bolt?

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

V for Vegas
Sep 1, 2004

THUNDERDOME LOSER

MysticalMachineGun posted:

Was it written by Andrew Bolt?

Ben Pobjie

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

Stop doxxing people, please.

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

I'M CONCERNED ABOUT A NUMBER OF THINGS
So Turdball has apparently got the gas companies to promise to supply gas during peak periods to prevent blackouts... was a gas shortage actually behind any of the blackouts we had this summer? Sounds like a pretty meaningless move to me, even if they do keep their promise and don't just sell it all to Japan regardless.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"هذا ليس عادلاً على الإطلاق."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
(السياق الخفي: للقراءة)
Supply gas, or supply power? Because they didn't turn on another generator in SA at Pelican Point when they were asked to in February.

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

WhiskeyWhiskers posted:

Supply gas, or supply power? Because they didn't turn on another generator in SA at Pelican Point when they were asked to in February.

The gas companies have promised to ensure gas supply is maintained. As far as I know the decision not to turn on Pelican Point was entirely due to the national regulator having NFI, not due to a shortage of fuel. Of course now Frydenberg is sooking because SA gave themselves the power to turn it on themselves to prevent it from happening again.

There were a bunch of generators that couldn't run during NSW's heatwave but from memory that was due to them loving up for various reasons and not because they didn't have any gas to burn.

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

quote:

alcolm Turnbull's claim that Victoria is contributing to an energy crisis by locking up "an enormous" amount of conventional onshore gas has been strongly rebuffed by the state government.

On Wednesday the prime minister accused Victoria of being the worst offender when it came to blocking conventional gas production, saying the state was adding to a national gas crisis.

The Andrews government last year banned the process known as fracking, whereby liquid is injected into the ground at high pressure to release gas trapped in rock, and also extended a moratorium introduced by the former Coalition government on onshore conventional gas development until June 2020.

"In Victoria ... there is a huge amount of gas, and, indeed, there is still a very large offshore gas resource in Bass Strait. There is also an enormous amount of gas onshore that can be accessed by conventional means, without fracking," Mr Turnbull said.

"The Victorian Labor government, as usual, guided by its alliance with the Greens, has banned conventional gas exploration and, of course, also unconventional gas exploration and development."

But the assertion that the state government is blocking an enormous amount of conventional onshore gas production in Victoria has been met with puzzlement from energy market experts and the state government.

A 2015 parliamentary inquiry found the state does have large reserves of conventional gas (although in recent years that too has been depleted), but it is located in Bass Strait, where extraction is relatively non-controversial.

But the state's reserves of onshore conventional gas is far less clear. As the 2015 parliamentary inquiry notes, there has been a lot of exploration for onshore conventional gas reserves in Victoria since the 1950s.

No conventional gas has been found in the Gippsland region. In 1959 conventional gas was discovered near the Port Campbell township, in the onshore Otway Basin, where it was extracted until being depleted in about 2006.

The bottom line is that there are currently no proved or probable onshore gas reserves in Victoria even though numerous exploration licences have been issued.

The Geological Survey of Victoria does, however, estimates that up to 110 petajoules of conventional gas could be accessible, subject to a comprehensive geoscientific investigation. To put that in context, 110 petajoules represents about six months' supply, which is far from an "enormous" amount.

Meanwhile, State Treasurer Tim Pallas accused Mr Turnbull of playing politics.

"Malcolm Turnbull might want to pretend that this has got something to do with an unknown and undeclared gas resource in the state of Victoria," he said. "I think it has a lot more to do with an enormous resource that is being shipped offshore.

"Quite frankly, the fact that Malcolm Turnbull continues to try to muddy the waters around what is the underlying cause to the increase in gas prices is a sign of either his ignorance or malevolence towards the people of Victoria."

Victoria's moratorium on conventional onshore gas exploration is due to end in June 2020.

Bogan King
Jan 21, 2013

I'm not racist, I'm mates with Bangladesh, the guy who sells me kebabs. No, I don't know his real name.
Seems like an appropriate time to dox the new FPotM

The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

Once upon a time, I would have thrown you halfway to the moon for a crack like that.

gay picnic defence posted:

There were a bunch of generators that couldn't run during NSW's heatwave but from memory that was due to them loving up for various reasons and not because they didn't have any gas to burn.

yep IIRC it's because they were asleep at the wheel and there was about 2000MJ of generation that failed to fire during the heatwave. Unsure how much was gas and how much was coal but i'm assuming a good deal was gas.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

lol :toot:

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 32 hours!

Sorry for your loss.

Graa
Feb 23, 2007

https://www.graa.org/

The Glen Ridge Athletic Association is a volunteer organization, which sponsors, organizes and promotes organized sports activities for the children of Glen Ridge.

aejix posted:

Jay Weatherill laying down the gauntlet:

https://www.theguardian.com/austral...50m-energy-plan

Attaboy Jay

I eagerly await the wall-to-wall coverage of Libs screaming hysterically that we'll all be rooooooooned

Noice

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

That yours? Welcome on board.

Australia has a gently caress ton of problems, but it's also a great place in many other ways and those of us who have chosen to join it can help work to fix the problems.

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

Mumbrella finally took on the Coopers controversy:

quote:

Asked whether he anticipated controversy over Coopers’ partnership with the Bible Society, Clarke had replied: “I don’t think it’s risky. It’s a very special friendship we have.”

And at the same launch, Tim Cooper had been asked whether he thought there would be a negative response. He replied: “No, I don’t think so. I think people know we support a number of different causes and they might be surprised to know we support the Bible Society. All of us face choices in life. At some point in time we need to make an important choice in whether we believe in Jesus Christ.”

At the time of posting, Mumbrella had been unable to reach Sujet Sydney for comment.

Interesting comments too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

Yaaaaay!

• Locked thread