Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rick_Hunter
Jan 5, 2004

My guys are still fighting the hard fight!
(weapons, shields and drones are still online!)

Stan Taylor posted:

This is just kind of sad. The best part (imo) is he's worried about immigrants ruining culture but he uh... plays video games on camera for children to watch online... :911:

Glorious white culture is playing video games on camera for children to watch online.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
We must secure the existence of our streamers and a future for reaction videos

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Memento posted:

We must secure the existence of our streamers and a future for reaction videos

It's cool. Once they're all outed as racists and nazis we can just replace them all with sock puppets.

snergle
Aug 3, 2013

A kind little mouse!

Nuebot posted:

It's cool. Once they're all outed as racists and nazis we can just replace them all with sock puppets.

Brian henson hasn't done anything in awhile. So unironically this.

trickybiscuits
Jan 13, 2008

yospos
It's like watching Mrs. Peacock faint.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

Gorilla Salad posted:

Thankfully, we've managed to entirely export the toxic waste known as Fosters and convinced idiots in other countries to actually drink the poo poo.

Nah we still drink. It's under a different name here that I don't remember, but it's one of the big lovely beers.

Wapole Languray
Jul 4, 2012

VB, Carlton, and Fosters are all made by the same company.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

Wapole Languray posted:

VB, Carlton, and Fosters are all made by the same company.

Yeah and one of them is Fosters with a different label. Like, the exact same beer.

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LyuBZeRwSvk

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

http://i.imgur.com/GwdduX1.mp4

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

What was that guy even trying to do?

SomeJazzyRat
Nov 2, 2012

Hmmm...
... The dumbest variant of Edward 40 hands?

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Andrast posted:

What was that guy even trying to do?

$0.75/1000 views.

Sulla Faex
May 14, 2010

No man ever did me so much good, or enemy so much harm, but I repaid him with ENDLESS SHITPOSTING
Wait, so if 100,000 people watch your video with ads on - you only make $75?

Google is having a loving laugh

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Trying to disrupt the ring industry by wearing it wrong

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem

Sulla-Marius 88 posted:

Wait, so if 100,000 people watch your video with ads on - you only make $75?

Google is having a loving laugh

How much do you think Google earns from those 100,000 ad impressions?

Feonir
Mar 30, 2011

Ask me about aquatic cocaine transportation and by-standard management.

Jabor posted:

From the adds themselves or all that tasty personal data they scoop every day and resell?

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
As someone who doesn't drink, what's the difference between 'bad' beers like Foster's and whatever good stuff's out there?

Dex
May 26, 2006

Quintuple x!!!

Would not escrow again.

VERY MISLEADING!

CommissarMega posted:

As someone who doesn't drink, what's the difference between 'bad' beers like Foster's and whatever good stuff's out there?

foster's is 100% recycled from club urinals, most other beers are brewed

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

chitoryu12 posted:

A more reasonable company would also be willing to give a dude a pass when his breaking of the rules literally saved peoples' lives.

Uber's perfectly fine with doing things like acting as scabs in NYC during a taxi driver protest, but Heaven forbid someone violate policies to save people!

When he picked up his gun that morning, he didn't know he would use it to stop a criminal.

Sulla Faex
May 14, 2010

No man ever did me so much good, or enemy so much harm, but I repaid him with ENDLESS SHITPOSTING

Jabor posted:

They don't just make money from the per-video ad space, but if I had to ballpark it, I'd say "$at least enough to pay a coder to display video ratings in the main search before you watch the lovely clickbait video"

Slugnoid
Jun 23, 2006

Nap Ghost

you're stewed buttwad!

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009

CommissarMega posted:

That is a really hard question to answer.

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer

CommissarMega posted:

Not much.

http://time.com/money/3089229/beer-brands-label-marketing/

quote:

A new study from the American Association of Wine Economists explores the world of beer rather than wine, and the findings indicate that you could be buying a favorite brand of brew for no good reason whatsoever. While the experiments conducted were limited, the results show that when labels are removed from beer bottles, drinkers can't tell different brands apart—sometimes even when one of those brands is the taster's go-to drink of choice.

In the blind tasting condition, no beer was judged by its regular drinkers to be significantly better than the other samples. In fact, regular drinkers of two of the five beers scored other beers significantly higher than the brand that they stated was their favorite.

Trig Discipline has a new favorite as of 10:03 on Mar 15, 2017

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
That just refers to the sort of boring-rear end lagers that Americans mostly think of when they think generically of "beer", though. There's a shitload of variety in the beer world, from sour cherry krieks to coffee-like stouts.

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
Yeah I hate those studies, didn't they do one claiming the same with wine as well? There clearly is a difference in taste between different brands it's ridiculous to claim there isn't.

wayfinder
Jul 7, 2003

Jippa posted:

Yeah I hate those studies, didn't they do one claiming the same with wine as well? There clearly is a difference in taste between different brands it's ridiculous to claim there isn't.

Right on brother!!! Show them nerds with their science and studies that a good ol' American gut beats their double blind 'testing' any day

Sulla Faex
May 14, 2010

I imagine with beer they picked the top 5 most popular American brands, which, if [your favourite beer] is anything to go by, might as well be piss.

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
https://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2013/jun/23/wine-tasting-junk-science-analysis

TopHatGenius
Oct 3, 2008

something feels
different

Hot Rope Guy

Sulla-Marius 88 posted:

I imagine with beer they picked the top 5 most popular American brands, which, if [your favourite beer] is anything to go by, might as well be piss.

It really is all the same when it comes to popular American lagers.

Circuitjerky
Mar 17, 2006

wayfinder posted:

Right on brother!!! Show them nerds with their science and studies that a good ol' American gut beats their double blind 'testing' any day

quote:

All that said, we must point out the study's shortcomings. The beer tastings were very limited in scope. It's not like tasters were asked to compare Bud Light and a hoppy craft IPA, and then failed to tell the difference. And just because some volunteers couldn't differentiate between beers doesn't mean that you, with your superior palate, would be just as clueless. You may very well buy your favorite beer brand because, to quote an old beer ad, it "tastes great."

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

CommissarMega posted:

Different types of beer, mostly.

Every country has their lovely lagers that don't taste that great and you drink just cause you want to drink a beer, cheaply. VB, Asahi, Fosters, Corona, Heineken, Bud. There's nothing wrong with lovely beer, unless you're being a beer snob. It has its place. Every country produces poo poo beer, every country drinks poo poo beer; that's not the same as saying "all the beer made by such-and-such-a-country is poo poo".

"Good" beer is beer that's actually tasty, at least once you have developed a beer palate. Belgian beers of various type, pale ales, pilsners, IPAs, stouts, etc etc. I find American style pale ales like Sierra Nevada Pale Ale or the Australian Little Creatures Pale Ale actually have fruity notes to them, and that's actually entirely from the type of hops used.

poo poo beer is beer that's either bland or actively tastes bad. I swear, I've never had a Carlton Draught that didn't taste like it had expired. But other than that, VB, Foster's, Coopers, Crown Lager are all pretty much fine. Just insipid and a tad unpleasant, but one and a half beers in I find my palate adjusts. Or I've deadened my taste buds.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Hyperlynx posted:

Every country produces poo poo beer, every country drinks poo poo beer; that's not the same as saying "all the beer made by such-and-such-a-country is poo poo".

South Africa being the exception to this rule. There isn't a single beer that comes out of SA that is even vaguely passable.

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

Memento posted:

South Africa being the exception to this rule.

Eh, I know you're just cracking a joke, but if there are no craft beers at all in SA I'd be surprised.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

What a strange trick.

Hot glue is usually about 200°C /400°F when it comes out of the gun so it not only hurts like gently caress but it'll give you second degree burns pretty much immediately, and then you'll tear off small chunks of your flesh when you try to peel the glue off your skin. "Hey let's deliberately adhere something that's twice as hot as boiling water to my loving epidermis" is a remarkably dumb idea.

Edit: from their youtube video comments

quote:

It only left a couple small red burns no blisters or anything but to answer your question there was zero intention of burning him and the reaction was not fake or planned. Like I said above the original plan was to have the bottle glued to his hand. We tried three times trying to get it to work before looking back at the footage and realizing how good the first shot looked. The second attempt we let it cool down too long and the third attempt the glue was still too hot to hold his hand still. Here is a direct link to the footage of the first and last attempts with sound.
https://www.facebook.com/ShockScreenVideos/videos/254560464982640/

Snowglobe of Doom has a new favorite as of 12:40 on Mar 15, 2017

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Hyperlynx posted:

Different types of beer, mostly.

:yeah:

The most popular beers in almost every country are all very similar, but there are beers that are so different you'd think it was a completely different type of beverage. Which I guess it basically is :v: The first beer I tried that I actually enjoyed was a very dark, nearly sirupy imperial stout. Since then I've also acquired a taste for sour beers. Doesn't look, taste or smell anything remotely like what most people think of when they think "beer", it's like apples and oranges.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

Jippa posted:

Maybe, but check out the super cool documentary Sour Grapes to learn all about the exciting world of counterfeit wine.

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

Shit! I didn't bring a knife.

trickybiscuits posted:

It's like watching Mrs. Peacock faint.

Am I the only one that can never see anything bobjr posts? They always show up as broken.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Hyperlynx posted:

Eh, I know you're just cracking a joke, but if there are no craft beers at all in SA I'd be surprised.

Maybe they aren't exported.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Your Computer posted:

The first beer I tried that I actually enjoyed was a very dark, nearly sirupy imperial stout. Since then I've also acquired a taste for sour beers. Doesn't look, taste or smell anything remotely like what most people think of when they think "beer", it's like apples and oranges.

Yeah, I'm the same way. I thought I hated beer for a long time, but it turns out I just hate the pilsner/light lager stuff that everyone else seems to like. Once I was exposed to stouts and porters I was all about beer.