Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Was there any news on the Rampage videogame adaptation?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Enos Cabell posted:

He definitely uses weapons in the new movie. At one point he fights by swinging around a huge chain with a ships propeller wrapped up at the end.

Kong of the Flying Guillotine

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

marshmallow creep posted:

Was there any news on the Rampage videogame adaptation?

Joe Mangianello was cast, maybe as the werewolf.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

The MSJ posted:

Joe Mangianello was cast, maybe as the werewolf.

I was talking with my roommate the other day saying how Joe Mangianello would make a perfect Lobo.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

So word out of SXSW is that Atomic Blonde is not so good, but Edgar Wright's Baby Driver is fantastic. Trailer certainly backs that up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z2z857RSfhk

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

It's like he named the film specifically to be as unmarketable as possible though.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Mierenneuker posted:

The Saint + Master of Disguise probably makes for a delightful double bill.

Why would anyone voluntarily watch Master of Disguise?

Tars Tarkas
Apr 13, 2003

Rock the Mok

A nasty woman, I think you should try is, Jess.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=euz-KBBfAAo

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Could the master of disguise make a disguise so big he could trick Godzilla?

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

Eh. I guess.

wyoming
Jun 7, 2010

Like a television
tuned to a dead channel.

parallelodad posted:

It's like he named the film specifically to be as unmarketable as possible though.

Looking forward to people expecting Boss Baby going into that.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

I don't... hate it?

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

raditts posted:

I don't... hate it?

Trey Parker. That's all I needed to know.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

parallelodad posted:

But movies should have less studio meddling and auteurs can do no wrong?

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Fun fact: Martha Marcy May Marlene made 2.9 million total domestically.

I had to search like four different M names to find this on google because who the hell remembers this name.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

kiimo posted:

Fun fact: Martha Marcy May Marlene made 2.9 million total domestically.

I had to search like four different M names to find this on google because who the hell remembers this name.

I do. I love that movie.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I should specifically say "people who haven't seen it"

Tars Tarkas
Apr 13, 2003

Rock the Mok

The Matrix officially being rebooted by WB. Bolded the only part that matters

quote:

It’s still not clear what shape the project will take, but sources tell The Hollywood Reporter that Warner Bros. is in the early stages of developing a relaunch of The Matrix, the iconic 1999 sci-fi movie that is considered one of the most original films in cinematic history, with Zak Penn in talks to write a treatment.

Sources say there is potential interest in Michael B. Jordan to star, but much must be done before the project is ready to go.

At this point, the Wachowski siblings, who wrote and directed the original and its two sequels, are not involved and the nature of their potential engagement with a new version has not been determined. Certainly, Warners would want the two filmmakers to give at minimum a blessing to the nascent project. The studio had no comment.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/matrix-reboot-works-at-warner-bros-986292

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Tars Tarkas posted:

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/matrix-reboot-works-at-warner-bros-986292
I find it hard to believe they will be able to successfully modernize this without it seeming weird, since the original was a product of the time period in many ways

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
I can actually see a Matrix reboot being good, if they don't try to follow the events of the first film and redo them. Since the in-universe Matrix has been rebooted multiple times in its history before the events of the first film, I'd love to see just more cyberpunk Matrix adventures that exist in parallel continuity. Personally I'm someone who wanted to appreciate what the Wachowskis wanted to do with the sequels philosophically, but never really actually liked the direction they went. What I loved most about the first film is all of the events leading up to Neo being woken up, training, etc. I didn't care about Neo after he became a superhero, so I hope Michael B. Jordan's character isn't anything like "The One".

If this is just a cool Cyberpunk adventure that happened to take place in the same world like some of the Animatrix shorts brushed up against, I'm totally down.

Really sad that WB distrusts the Wachowskis so much after the past few flops, though.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Tars Tarkas posted:

I think we need to stop complaining about lack of minority roles in block busters and start complaining about lack of minority roles in other genres, because Michael B Jordan is better than this.

Cacator
Aug 6, 2005

You're quite good at turning me on.

kiimo posted:

Trey Parker. That's all I needed to know.

My mind is kind of blown right now. The South Park guys are so fiercely independent, the last thing I would have expected to see one of them in would be a big budget animated children's franchise movie.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Cacator posted:

My mind is kind of blown right now. The South Park guys are so fiercely independent, the last thing I would have expected to see one of them in would be a big budget animated children's franchise movie.
He has at least a step-kid now. Maybe he wants to make movies that they can watch.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

There is also another possible remake of The Fly. JD Dillard who is directing the magic movie Sleight is in talks.
http://deadline.com/2017/03/jd-dillard-negotiations-direct-co-write-the-fly-remake-fox-sleight-alex-theurer-1202043309/

Meawhile, The Girl in the Spider’s Web is being directed by Don't Breath's Fede Alvarez and might star either Scarlett Johannsen or Natalie Portman as Lisbeth.
http://www.comingsoon.net/movies/news/825691-scarlett-johansson-natalie-portman-up-for-dragon-tattoo-reboot

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Casimir Radon posted:

He has at least a step-kid now. Maybe he wants to make movies that they can watch.

Orgasmo not good enough?

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

raditts posted:

I don't... hate it?

I do.

Tars Tarkas
Apr 13, 2003

Rock the Mok

Support Our Dog Troops!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IGGcFbW__XI

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

The MSJ posted:

There is also another possible remake of The Fly. JD Dillard who is directing the magic movie Sleight is in talks.
http://deadline.com/2017/03/jd-dillard-negotiations-direct-co-write-the-fly-remake-fox-sleight-alex-theurer-1202043309/

Meawhile, The Girl in the Spider’s Web is being directed by Don't Breath's Fede Alvarez and might star either Scarlett Johannsen or Natalie Portman as Lisbeth.
http://www.comingsoon.net/movies/news/825691-scarlett-johansson-natalie-portman-up-for-dragon-tattoo-reboot
I was holding out hope Fincher would finish out the trilogy. He managed to really clean it up and make it presentable.

21 Muns
Dec 10, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Casimir Radon posted:

His daughter voices Ike on South Park.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

I give zero shits about a Matrix film without the Wackhowski's and I give zero shits about a Dragon Tattoo film without Fincher/Mara. What a terrible misunderstanding stuido's must have of what made those films watchable and successful.

Mischalaniouse
Nov 7, 2009

*ribbit*
It kinda reminds me of how Konami farms out Silent Hill to whichever studio is cheapest and treats its high profile "auteurs" like Kojima like poo poo because the execs literally believe that the talent who creates the game doesn't matter.

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

Mischalaniouse posted:

It kinda reminds me of how Konami farms out Silent Hill to whichever studio is cheapest and treats its high profile "auteurs" like Kojima like poo poo because the execs literally believe that the talent who creates the game doesn't matter.

gently caress, Silent Hill just made so much sense.

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

To be fair i dont think the wachowskis can make any more good matrix movies or maybe even any good content at all based on like 2/3 of cloud atlas, all of Jupiter ascending, and sens8

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

Watch WB remake the Matrix by using the Animatrix short story of the runner who runs so fast be breaks free of the simulation.

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

basic hitler posted:

To be fair i dont think the wachowskis can make any more good matrix movies or maybe even any good content at all based on like 2/3 of cloud atlas, all of Jupiter ascending, and sens8

And two Matrix movies.

Tars Tarkas
Apr 13, 2003

Rock the Mok

The heroes should break out of the reboot Matrix and find themselves trapped in the original Matrix trilogy

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

Cacator posted:

Trailer 2 had his character featured. I'm not one for 80s nostalgia but his character looks really fun.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6DBi41reeF0

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:
Jupiter Ascending is loving awesome and has almost the exact same plot escalation as The Matrix. Average person gets swept off into learning their entire worlds' achievements are irrelevant, gets rescued a lot and trained to be the chosen one, gets tempted by the bad guys, gets owned, and then triumphs by brawling with the big bad and telling him who they are. I know it looks and is paced like an 80s anime OAV, which is fine, it's basically the best live action anime ever made. But I really didn't get the hate this movie got compared to all the other movies where an average person goes an incredible journey or whatever.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Fried Watermelon posted:

Watch WB remake the Matrix by using the Animatrix short story of the runner who runs so fast be breaks free of the simulation.

But thats the only good story in the Animatrix?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I mean yeah it looks really fun but if you have Trey Parker some dialogue would be nice.

• Locked thread