Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president

WHOOPS posted:

I like this move for Patterson a lot. He had his best year as a rookie under Musgrave and with the more consistent Raider offense around him, I think Patterson can have a greater impact as a wild card component.

Musgrave is gone

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009
oh. well, i'm an idiot. i still hope Patterson does well and i think being a complimentary player is his ideal role at this point. he's fun as gently caress to watch when he gets loose.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

https://twitter.com/SheilKapadia/status/841721711993212930
https://twitter.com/SheilKapadia/status/841721482858360837

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

https://twitter.com/Vikings/status/841762022962401281
https://twitter.com/MikeGarafolo/status/841765656735432704
https://twitter.com/MikeGarafolo/status/841766114162049024

Good luck with that. He got seven starts over four seasons as a first round pick.

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
The Minnesota Vikings Masters of the Power Move

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

GaussianCopula posted:

My bet is that the Saints are going to give the Patriots their first back for Butler.

They would have to give up their 1st rounder, pick #11

Diva Cupcake posted:

I mean he's 100% going back to the Pats at this point. Stop the charade.

https://twitter.com/MikeGarafolo/status/841762371957854208

lol

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010

GonadTheBallbarian posted:

They would have to give up their 1st rounder, pick #11

Not if the Patriots and the Saints agree to a trade and have Butler sign his tender then get traded while on the tender.

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

Hey man, I'm not down with being party to make somene's ex jealous either. That's some fuccboi poo poo

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

Hey man, I'm not down with being party to make somene's ex jealous either. That's some fuccboi poo poo

Its not about making them jealous, its about making them pay. We should all pray for huge pay days for Pats players. Pay days that are accompanied by shattered ankles.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Intruder posted:

Not if he comes to Houston, we have Romeo

Are you suggesting Butler would suck on the Saints defense? How dare you sir.

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.
The Jets and/or Titans will offer him the moon. I'm fine with the Steelers lowballing him; he's nothing but a younger Timmons insofar as he isn't any good in coverage, and the Steelers aren't short on thumpers who can also blitz but not pass defend

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Nice, turning those giant oline holes into an advantage

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

Diva Cupcake posted:

I mean he's 100% going back to the Pats at this point. Stop the charade.

https://twitter.com/MikeGarafolo/status/841762371957854208

When he visited the Jets it was on his birthday and they put happy birthday messages on all the facility screens and made him cup cakes.

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009

SKULL.GIF posted:

https://twitter.com/Vikings/status/841762022962401281

Good luck with that. He got seven starts over four seasons as a first round pick.

Sounds like he has the backup experience they need.

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:

WHOOPS posted:

I like this move for Patterson a lot. He had his best year as a rookie under Musgrave and with the more consistent Raider offense around him, I think Patterson can have a greater impact as a wild card component.

The Raiders do love the bubble screens and end arounds. This is going to be one of those under the radar signings that pays out, like Crabtree was.

E: Musgrave is gone but all that means is that he offense is opening up more, plenty of ops for CP.

warcrimes fucked around with this message at 01:14 on Mar 15, 2017

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
Dont'a HIghtower isn't nearly a good enough player for all this nonsense...

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

mcmagic posted:

Dont'a HIghtower isn't nearly a good enough player for all this nonsense...

this is even absurd for a mcmagic post.

he stopped marshawn lynch at the 1 in SB 49, and a sack + forced fumble in SB 51.

also pro bowl and 2nd team all pro this year.

Excepting his injury issues, he's one of the best LBs in the league.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
You shouldn't judge a player based on a single or even a couple plays.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

ketchup vs catsup posted:

this is even absurd for a mcmagic post.

he stopped marshawn lynch at the 1 in SB 49, and a sack + forced fumble in SB 51.

also pro bowl and 2nd team all pro this year.

Excepting his injury issues, he's one of the best LBs in the league.

Ridiculous. He made a few good plays and meaningless pro bowls which makes him one of the best LB's in the league. lol

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

When he visited the Jets it was on his birthday and they put happy birthday messages on all the facility screens and made him cup cakes.

I heard Seattle did the same thing for Lacy, even though it wasn't his birthday.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

connor barwin and kevin minter visited the bengals but both turned around at the tollbooth out front and left

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

https://twitter.com/allbrightnfl/status/841815905495576576

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Uh we don't really have the money if he wants a payday. We need it for Johnson.

Man if we rock Johnson Howard and Maxwell with Jones I am quite happy.

We really need a viable FS and OLB. That's very doable in the draft. But ugh guard... it'll not work

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Poe-Suh. :swoon: please kill Tom Brady.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

That's, uh, man

That's honestly pretty sad

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

She said she had a trump tax return

Sh.e did

What am I missing

tk
Dec 10, 2003

Nap Ghost

euphronius posted:

Sh.e did

What am I missing

The right forum?

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

euphronius posted:

Sh.e did

What am I missing

Can Rachel Maddow play left tackle

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you
Hightower is good but saying he's good because of one of two plays is real dumb

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

shirts and skins posted:

Can Rachel Maddow play left tackle

Yeah, don't even try putting her on the right though.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

shirts and skins posted:

That's, uh, man

That's honestly pretty sad

"So, Dont'a, we are prepared to make you the highest paid MLB in the league. That do anything for you?"

"nah"

"...ok :smith: . But before you go, we made these adorable cupcakes for your ~special day!~ Wouldn't want them to go to waste"

"where do I sign?!?"

-- Mike Maccagnan, in a fever dream

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

I wasn't clear; I'm laughing because I didn't realize the ruse was obvious. It's fuccboi poo poo indeed.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe

Grittybeard posted:

I believe Burkhead's mainly a special teams/backup RB guy, although in his first season with more than 9 carries he did ok out of the backfield last year. Who knows, maybe the Pats think he's going to blossom with more workload, but I'd bet they're hedging their bets with 'well at least we know he can be useful in one area even if he doesn't take off at RB.'

He is a good RB and can catch passes and will be legit really good in NE because they actually let good players there take veterans jobs

Captain Narwhal
Dec 4, 2002

Docjowles posted:

"So, Dont'a, we are prepared to make you the highest paid MLB in the league. That do anything for you?"

"nah"

"...ok :smith: . But before you go, we made these adorable cupcakes for your ~special day!~ Wouldn't want them to go to waste"

"where do I sign?!?"

-- Mike Maccagnan, in a fever dream

I saw Ladanian Tomlinson on ESPN the other day talking about when he signed with the jets. He said his then pregnant wife made him sign with the jets because they gave him a basket of baby jets jerseys and other baby gifts.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

Captain Narwhal posted:

I saw Ladanian Tomlinson on ESPN the other day talking about when he signed with the jets. He said his then pregnant wife made him sign with the jets because they gave him a basket of baby jets jerseys and other baby gifts.

See, that's why LDT is a hall of famer. Being able to hide that much money from your wife takes dedication

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
Sounds like a Vietnamese dish

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Real Name Grover posted:

A done deal

https://twitter.com/Patriots/status/841751316351332353

He's such a good dude and I'm legit excited to see what he can do in that offense :)

Indeed, he looks very "good"

Real Name Grover
Feb 13, 2002

Like corn on the cob
Fan of Britches

John Brown posted:

Indeed, he looks very "good"

Yep, there it is. You're the guy. Way to go, buddy.

Hamhandler
Aug 9, 2008

[I want to] shit in your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your real mother across the face [laughter]. Fuck you, you're still a rookie. I'll kill you.

I think they can make a pretty compelling argument that Miami is the best place for him to earn a big multi-year deal elsewhere between scheme and surrounding talent.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Look what we got Odrick paid in Jax, or Branch paid in Miami! We will make everyone overpay for D line!

• Locked thread