Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
wind waker ganondorf owned. anyway shut up about timelines everyone here's some fashion:

https://twitter.com/bown/status/842032353300094977

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Anyone know where I can find a Fire Rod? Wizzrobes will only drop meteor.

Inverness
Feb 4, 2009

Fully configurable personal assistant.

Baiard posted:

The first time I showed up in Hateno and was just wandering around exploring I got like 10 blood moons in quick succession. I think it was around that lake north of the lab, and in the forest where the deer hunting minigame was. I have no idea what was going on, but buttoning through all those cutscenes was aggravating.
This is the same thing that happened to me, only it was 2 blood moons instead of ten. This was for the quest where the guy shows you how to use the tracker with stuff in the Hyrule Compendium.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Nephzinho posted:

There's one with a Fire Rod in the little valley west of the Great Plateau. The one with the suspension bridge, leading to the Gerudo Desert. He's dancing around the north side of the valley there.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

Nephzinho posted:

Typhlos Ruins has dozens

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Neddy Seagoon posted:

There's one with a Fire Rod in the little valley west of the Great Plateau. The one with the suspension bridge, leading to the Gerudo Desert. He's dancing around the north side of the valley there.

Danke. These quests for early game weapons are annoying to do post-game.

Gibbering
May 24, 2014

:catdrugs:

Raserys posted:

even though I too could do without ganon, I would like to see some kind of resolution to the gerudo ganondorf

granted, he only had any depth in wind Waker, but still

Link has to get an old sage, a young sage, a book, and a candle to perform an exorcism on Ganondorf.

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

Was this answered: When you beat calamity ganon is the game over or can you just keep exploring and doing poo poo?

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Bread Set Jettison posted:

Was this answered: When you beat calamity ganon is the game over or can you just keep exploring and doing poo poo?

Your game will save and you get a Star next to the save game, but the save is right before the fight so you can always rebeat Ganon and watch the ending. You don't get to run around Hyrule with Ganon defeated.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Game ends and dumps you back to before entering the final boss room, with a star in your save file. It also adds a completion percentage to your map screen.

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

0x141 KERNEL PANIC

Crawfish posted:

I need a favour.

Can someone who has already done the quest to unlock the second shrine in Kakariko, but hasn't already finished the compendium go ask Paya about where her birthmark is?

I may know have an idea on what the classified envelope does.

I don't have the compendium nearly finished.

Results:

They tell you.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

This is something I would expect from Nier

TFRazorsaw posted:

Well, Rosso from ALBW is heavily implied to be part Hylian, part Goron, so I guess that's not too implausible.

Speaking of that type of union, YIKES.

Oh yeah you gently caress a fish and everyone is fine but you gently caress a rock and suddenly its "immoral" and "unnatural". :colbert:

Augus fucked around with this message at 17:30 on Mar 15, 2017

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Awww. I got 100 restless crickets and the innkeeper still won't give me the time of day.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
Walk behind the counter.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Cojawfee posted:

Walk behind the counter.

Did that. She doesn't aknowledge that I've got the objects of her affection. Just the same "As if someone would actually do that" comment.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

So I swim up a waterfall in West Necuda and I end up giving Farosh a kiss on the nose before getting lightning to death.

Carmant
Nov 23, 2015

Treadmill? What's that? Is that some kind of cake?

What are some cool challenge runs to do once you beat the game. 3 hearts is an obvious one.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Carmant posted:

What are some cool challenge runs to do once you beat the game. 3 hearts is an obvious one.

no melee weapons

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Btw I've been playing pretty much exclusively in Pro HUD Mode and I recommend everyone do the same

Carmant posted:

naked mop run

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Carmant posted:

No food. Ironman mode. no paraglider. no weapons (can you kill ganon with bombs?)

comingafteryouall
Aug 2, 2011

Carmant posted:

Collect all 900 Korok Seeds without any food/elixers or upgrading your stamina bar.

900 Korok Seed Pacifist Run

comingafteryouall fucked around with this message at 18:05 on Mar 15, 2017

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

Bruceski posted:

Did that. She doesn't aknowledge that I've got the objects of her affection. Just the same "As if someone would actually do that" comment.

Just follow the what the quest says. Unless you've completed the quest and you're trying to steal her away from the guy.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

I barely use elixirs as is!

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Cojawfee posted:

Just follow the what the quest says. Unless you've completed the quest and you're trying to steal her away from the guy.

That is what he's trying to do

Oh god at least I hope he didn't collect 100 just to complete the quest

comingafteryouall
Aug 2, 2011

I feel like I'm going to be reading some article about a person who did something completely ridiculous in BoTW in like, 10 years.

Maybe they discover an Easter egg that hadn't been documented before, maybe they do a speed run of Korok seeds. Maybe they do something I can't even think of.

But this is definitely a staying power game that will suck some poor soul with a severe mental illness in.

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Bruceski posted:

Go talk to the guy again.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Bruceski posted:

You know she just made up some bullshit to get the creepy dude asking about her(Link) out of her hair right.

Like she says this explicitly. And seems to be the only person in the game who dislikes our plucky protagonist.

Seaniqua
Mar 12, 2004

"We'll see how the first year goes. But people better get us now, because we're going to keep getting better and better."

Funky Valentine posted:

So I swim up a waterfall in West Necuda and I end up giving Farosh a kiss on the nose before getting lightning to death.

This exact same thing happened to me! Luckily I had a fairy or something because I ended up surviving, but barely. That was right after I got the item that allows you to do this, as well, so it was a pretty awesome "this game is amazing" moment.

(unrelated)

So I decided I didn't want to do any of the Divine Beasts until I had the Master Sword. Took a little while, but I ended up getting the Master Sword last night so today I went back to Zora's Domain to do that dang elephant. The attack on the divine beast where you're riding on Sidon's back was legitimately fun and action packed. It was a great change of pace since I've spent the last ~15 hours just exploring. Chalk me up as another Sidon fanboy.

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
The buildup to that dungeon is the only good story beat in the game, all the other races are pretty :effort: about the state of the land in comparison

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

dragon enthusiast posted:

The buildup to that dungeon is the only good story beat in the game, all the other races are pretty :effort: about the state of the land in comparison

Rito yeah, but I'd say the Goron stuff is pretty good and the Gerudo do the best world-building and sidequest stuff for the pre-dungeon.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

I ended up doing the Rito dungeon first, so I guess it's only up from there.

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

The rito storyline and dungeon was just really boring. Except it's boss was hella cool imho.

I still have death mountain to do, but so far Gerudo dungeon was my fav. The boss was a prick.

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

Zore posted:

You know she just made up some bullshit to get the creepy dude asking about her(Link) out of her hair right.

Like she says this explicitly. And seems to be the only person in the game who dislikes our plucky protagonist.

Most of the older Zoras are "you hosed up and got our princess killed 100 years ago, get out of my face", and the Yiga are all "die Hero!".

But yeah, other than that everyone seems like me. Even the guy I suckered out of his snow boots and sand boots is all "I love your cute greed!"

(Make sure and do both those sidequests BTW, the dialogue tree's hilarious.)

Oneiros
Jan 12, 2007

The rito storyline and dungeon was just really boring. Except it's boss was hella cool imho.

I still have death mountain to do, but so far Gerudo dungeon was my fav. The boss was a prick.

:same:

I feel like I missed some crucial mechanic for the Gerudo dungeon boss but I ended up face-tanking my way thru it somehow.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

My favorite Sage from OoT was Falco Lombardi.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I do like that the Rito basically have their poo poo together and are perfectly willing to accept your help if you prove a minimal level of competence.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Motto posted:

I ended up doing the Rito dungeon first, so I guess it's only up from there.

When I replay the game I'm going to end up doing the Rito story first just because Revali's ability is so stupidly useful.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010

Harrow posted:

When I replay the game I'm going to end up doing the Rito story first just because Revali's ability is so stupidly useful.

Yeah, I did it last after literally getting all the shrines

:negative:

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Harrow posted:

I legit don't know my way around the zora elephant because I used Ravali's gale to navigate most of the time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ben Nerevarine
Apr 14, 2006
Where does the Rito storyline/dungeon start?