Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

quit trying to make the reddit thread about how woke you are, or whatever

Me [24F] with my boyfriend [27 M] of two years, he destroyed the painting I made for him because it was a "cheap gift".

quote:

He got upset and told me a bunch of awful things, saying that it’s a “cheap and lazy gift” and that I was cheap in general... He took the painting and he didn’t tear it, but he sort of bent and crinkled it, completely ruining the paint. He told me that I obviously didn’t care about what he wanted and that I was bad at budgeting and all of this ranting.

It came out that he resented paying for groceries and utilities even though he’d agreed to this before. I told him that if he wanted to discuss that we could but this wasn’t a good reaction. He told me that I was just after him for money and that he didn’t want a “lovely painting” when he could apparently be in a committed relationship with another girl at his workplace who makes more money.

quote:

I’m not sure if I want to end the relationship, which has a ton of commitment involved.

god bless r/relationship posters

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

I told him that I baked him a chocolate cake earlier in the week with cream cheese frosting and that is basically red velvet cake.

WRONG

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

The rich are not for loving, they are for killing and eating

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Nobody makes real red velvet cake anymore and a lot of places have even given up trying to replicate real red velvet cake, so yeah, these days the main difference between the average red velvet and chocolate with cream cheese frosting is the color of the food dye.

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

:kimchi: Tater Love :kimchi:

Me [24F] with my boyfriend [27 M] of two years, he destroyed the painting I made for him because it was a "cheap gift".

Dude needs a Stone Cold Stunner immediately

Psycho Society
Oct 21, 2010
Real red velvet is baked with the blood of slain foes?

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

dude is probably already cheating with the work girl, I know girls that bake stuff for coworkers birthdays because they love baking, but who just buys someone a cake?? sever and murder imo

Tiny Deer
Jan 16, 2012

PleasingFungus posted:

still lolling at this. very smooth. very smooth

Not going to lie, people arguing about genetics when there was an update confirming the baby was genetically that guy's was a beautiful thing. I guess sometimes...genetics do work that way?

Like so.

In this case I can understand leaping to that conclusion though--it's pretty unusual and rare, I wouldn't trust her blindly without a test either. It just does happen sometimes.

And honestly I'm surprised no one came to the more obvious conclusion: she didn't cheat, but some of her ancestors might have.

Tiny Deer
Jan 16, 2012

PleasingFungus posted:

god bless r/relationship posters

Oh, look, Pick's friend's long lost brother.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

wow what a piece of poo poo

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS

Where do these bizarrely monstrous people come from? I know money does weird things to people but geez. Maybe I'll never quite understand the mind of someone who cares a great deal about what gifts they receive but this seems so bizarre - a genuinely thoughtful handmade gift instead of generic but expensive consumer electronics that he could easily afford himself means his girlfriend sucks?

Khorne
May 1, 2002

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

Where do these bizarrely monstrous people come from? I know money does weird things to people but geez. Maybe I'll never quite understand the mind of someone who cares a great deal about what gifts they receive but this seems so bizarre - a genuinely thoughtful handmade gift instead of generic but expensive consumer electronics that he could easily afford himself means his girlfriend sucks?
Same. I don't get it. What was she supposed to get him?

I'd be happy my girlfriend had a cool hobby like painting. Despite being a grumpy spergo who sucks real bad at doing anything at all for holidays/birthdays/whatever, I have a real soft spot for sentimental gifts. I even have old letters from people and old cards and poo poo tucked away.

Khorne fucked around with this message at 20:02 on Mar 15, 2017

Psycho Society
Oct 21, 2010
Beep boop I am robit, thoughtfulness and personal effort hold no value against
code:
MARIE CALENDARS BRAND AESTHETICALLY FLAWLESS RED VELVET CAKE

boop bip

Patrick Spens
Jul 21, 2006

"Every quarterback says they've got guts, But how many have actually seen 'em?"
Pillbug

Khorne posted:

Same. I don't get it. What was she supposed to get him?

I'd be happy my girlfriend had a cool hobby like painting, and despite being a grumpy spergo I have a real soft spot for sentimental gifts. I even have old letters from people and old cards and poo poo tucked away.

He's probably just not happy in the relationship and seizing upon ridiculous issues to express the unhappiness he feels with not dating cake girl.

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Patrick Spens posted:

He's probably just not happy in the relationship and seizing upon ridiculous issues to express the unhappiness he feels with not dating cake girl.

He's banging cake girl but isn't ready to break up with op yet

Nessa
Dec 15, 2008

Calling a painting a "cheap and lazy gift" is so incredibly disrespectful. She put hours of her time into it and calling it cheap is essentially saying that her time is worthless. Calling it lazy is saying her skill is worthless.

He does not respect her and she should definitely break up with him for being such a whiny baby.

I have given people small paintings/drawings as gifts when money was tight, and I'd always worry about getting a reaction like that. I have one relative who assumes I trace my drawings.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

:capitalism:

Themata
Dec 10, 2011

If you want a pizza this pie
You can crust that
I won't cheese on you
Dance on the groove flour
And I'll give you a disco-unt
The updated post is now deleted, but based on the comments, he was cheating on OP with Red Velvet Cake and didn't have the guts to break up with her himself, but wanted to at least get a free iPhone out of it and get her to do the dirty work. She broke up with him after he confessed though!

54 40 or fuck
Jan 4, 2012

No Yanda's allowed

I've never been angrier at anything else in this thread

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Themata posted:

The updated post is now deleted, but based on the comments, he was cheating on OP with Red Velvet Cake and didn't have the guts to break up with her himself, but wanted to at least get a free iPhone out of it and get her to do the dirty work. She broke up with him after he confessed though!

Blue Train posted:

He's banging cake girl but isn't ready to break up with op yet

Called it

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Themata posted:

lol so instead of just breaking up with her he decided to smash her painting in a fit of displaced anger

what a loving shitstain I'd probably smash a window on his car tbh

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I've been tryin' to speak with you for a long time

Psycho Society posted:

Beep boop I am robit, thoughtfulness and personal effort hold no value against
code:
MARIE CALENDARS BRAND AESTHETICALLY FLAWLESS RED VELVET CAKE

boop bip

Liar.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Tiny Deer posted:

Oh, look, Pick's friend's long lost brother.

No I made him a painting in October 2015 and it's still on the floor. It's a good painting too.

54 40 or fuck
Jan 4, 2012

No Yanda's allowed

Moridin920 posted:

lol so instead of just breaking up with her he decided to smash her painting in a fit of displaced anger

what a loving shitstain I'd probably smash a window on his car tbh

I'd
-Dig my key into the side of his pretty little souped-up four-wheel drive

-Carve my name into his leather seats

-Take a Louisville slugger to both head lights

-Slash a hole in all four tires

Maybe next time he'll think before he cheats:angel:

Tiny Deer
Jan 16, 2012

Pick posted:

No I made him a painting in October 2015 and it's still on the floor. It's a good painting too.

He threw it on the floor?!?!

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Tiny Deer posted:

He threw it on the floor?!?!

No he just set it on the floor. Still there.

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

Themata posted:

lol what an incredibly predictable garbagedick

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Pick posted:

Pick c'mon. You read this thread, you know better.

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Pick posted:

Friendzoned

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Blue Train posted:

Friendzoned

god I wish he acted like a friend, that would be a huge step up

Khorne
May 1, 2002

Pick posted:

It's good. If he didn't like it it wouldn't be there.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS
Lol still don't know who to thank for this one. I'm sad the comment saying "what's with the bizarre comments in this thread this is serious" is gone.

https://www.reddit.com/r/relationships/comments/2yn1wq/i_22f_think_my_bfs_22m_internet_habits_are/

Faffel
Dec 31, 2008

A bouncy little mouse!

lmao

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound

Yeah in a post that made me angry multiple times that one stuck out to me, too.

54 40 or fuck
Jan 4, 2012

No Yanda's allowed
Hahah her boyfriend posts in fyad I bet

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax
Sometimes touching the poop is pretty funny. :allears:

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

Lol still don't know who to thank for this one. I'm sad the comment saying "what's with the bizarre comments in this thread this is serious" is gone.

https://www.reddit.com/r/relationships/comments/2yn1wq/i_22f_think_my_bfs_22m_internet_habits_are/

quote:

“my dad is a n****r who loves to orb”
the gently caress does that even mean

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Yawgmoth posted:

Don't try to understand fyad.

Faffel
Dec 31, 2008

A bouncy little mouse!

If you don't understand fyad, you simply haven't turned far enough inward imo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

Yawgmoth posted:

some jokes the purpose isn't to make sense but to laugh at the people who don't get it. Like forcing an inside joke.