Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:

Carlosologist posted:

I don't see the Giants taking an RB at 23 given that there's a better chance you find someone in the later rounds. Would much rather they take a stab at getting a TE to help diversify passing sets

PFF slotted OJ Howard to the Giants

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Chiefs have ten defensive linemen, many with talent and two that didn't even play last season so sure that's what they'll do.

Then again, everybody I want is already gone in that draft. le-sigh.

As an aside, Malik Hooker has had like one year of football and he's going to go #2 overall as a safety? People went batty when the Chiefs drafted Eric Berry #5 and his college career was an endless highlight reel. Hooker has 7 picks and is a "weak arm tackler".

I mean seriously, #2 for that guy?

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Wait, TJ Watt is a real thing? We're going to have two initialed Watts in the NFL?

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

I honestly haven't thought about Malik Hooker because spending a third first rounder in five years on a DB makes me nauseous.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

fsif posted:

Wait, TJ Watt is a real thing? We're going to have two initialed Watts in the NFL?

He is a real person that will really get to play in the NFL, but he will be middling at best.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

What was his tire flipping score in the combine

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

fsif posted:

He has freaky athleticism like JJ, and comparables puts him combine performance is similar to... Alshon Jeffery and Khalil Mack.

He has baby arms compared to JJ though.

https://www.mockdraftable.com/player/tj-watt?position=ATH

https://www.mockdraftable.com/player/jj-watt?position=ATH

I think my fav. spidergraph I've seen browsing through this site btw is Vince Wilfork's nearly horizontal plane: https://www.mockdraftable.com/player/vince-wilfork

and man, poor Michael Sam: https://www.mockdraftable.com/player/michael-sam

Kalli fucked around with this message at 23:57 on Mar 14, 2017

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable

Kalli posted:

He has freaky athleticism like JJ, and comparables puts him combine performance is similar to... Alshon Jeffery and Khalil Mack.

I think my fav. spidergraph I've seen browsing through this site btw is Vince Wilfork's nearly horizontal plane: https://www.mockdraftable.com/player/vince-wilfork

I see Trevor Laws on Vince's comparable list. He was sent to my Acme for some Eagles thing with some cheerleaders and I got him to sign a picture so I could clown on a Giants fan coworker. I think he wrote something like Giants suck or some such on it. I was amused. Thanks for listening to my story.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

Kalli posted:

Decent broad jump. I assume it comes from years of jumping away from broads

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

I wouldn't mind TJ Watt on the Packers at all. At worst he can be our new AJ Hawk and send a helmet flying once per game.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Can you imagine benching next to your older brother and you do 21 reps and then he does 21 and keeps going until he hits 34? That's a lifetime of ownage.

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

kiimo posted:

Can you imagine benching next to your older brother and you do 21 reps and then he does 21 and keeps going until he hits 34? That's a lifetime of ownage.

My 2nd oldest brother is 4 inches shorter than me, and can bench way more than me due to the significantly shorter travel of each rep. Still bugs me lol

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

My 2nd oldest brother is 4 inches shorter than me, and can bench way more than me due to the significantly shorter travel of each rep. Still bugs me lol

No it's because he's stronger in those muscles

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Intruder posted:

Decent broad jump. I assume it comes from years of jumping away from broads

They drain your sack total.

kiimo posted:

He's also 30 pounds lighter than JJ.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Chichevache posted:

He's also 30 pounds lighter than JJ.

Because he didn't lift enough.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Not enough time in the cabin in the woods.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

All I want to draft is every bloke who can lift a big tree and set it down in the soil for future generations

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

kiimo posted:

As an aside, Malik Hooker has had like one year of football and he's going to go #2 overall as a safety? People went batty when the Chiefs drafted Eric Berry #5 and his college career was an endless highlight reel. Hooker has 7 picks and is a "weak arm tackler".

I mean seriously, #2 for that guy?

Hooker at #2 is crazy, but does it really matter if a FS wasn't a strong tackler in college. If he has to tackle someone, that means something went wrong. :v:

Also, not sure I care how many years a guy has played college ball. Guys have been great or busted hard having no college experience or a ton of it. If you think you have the next Earl Thomas, that is worth the number two pick for sure.

(To be clear, I don't think he's the next Earl Thomas or is going #2)

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT

Only wasn't given a fair shot because he was gay imo

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Detroit_Dogg posted:

Only wasn't given a fair shot because he was gay imo

I never saw that cone drill but holy poo poo lol

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

I would 100% take either Malik Hooker or Jamal Adams at #6 and I don't think it'd even be controversial.

I also don't remember any resistance to Eric Berry either. He was pretty universally thought of as one of the best players in the draft.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

Diva Cupcake posted:

I would 100% take either Malik Hooker or Jamal Adams at #6 and I don't think it'd even be controversial.

I also don't remember any resistance to Eric Berry either. He was pretty universally thought of as one of the best players in the draft.

There wasn't resistance, but people did speculate that they would drop, because they were safeties and safeties don't go in the top ten.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Sataere posted:

There wasn't resistance, but people did speculate that they would drop, because they were safeties and safeties don't go in the top ten.

That's a really dumb outlook (not that it's one of your own). Even before pass-catching TEs became the norm, I always saw a lot of value in having someone who could play centerfielder for your defense. It's honestly the biggest hole in the Cowboys D, and I hope they go DL/DB (in any order) with their first two picks. Yea, this DB class is deep, but I believe that if you're going to address a need through the draft, the earlier the better.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Sataere posted:

There was a lot of resistance if you hang out in the caverns of redneck Chiefs fan chat rooms like I unfortunately do.

Also the value of safeties has been steadily rising since passing is such a bigger component of NFL offenses but you DO have to be able to tackle. It's one thing to have a shut down corner like Deon who no tackle so gud but the thing about Berry is he will shut a motherfucker down in a second.

I mean saying you have the next Earl Thomas so it's okay to pick at 2 is a little weird considering Thomas went at 14.

kiimo fucked around with this message at 17:54 on Mar 15, 2017

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

John Brown posted:

That's a really dumb outlook (not that it's one of your own). Even before pass-catching TEs became the norm, I always saw a lot of value in having someone who could play centerfielder for your defense. It's honestly the biggest hole in the Cowboys D, and I hope they go DL/DB (in any order) with their first two picks. Yea, this DB class is deep, but I believe that if you're going to address a need through the draft, the earlier the better.

I'm night sure it was a dumb outlook. People thought the safeties in that class would drop to the later half if the first round because safeties always dropped to the back of the first round. When was the last time before that draft that a safety went top ten, much less multiple safeties?

I'm right there with you on the value of an elite coverage safety. I think it is the second most impactful position on defense, after DE / OLB. An elite safety can mask a lot if weaknesses in your secondary and really elevate the performance of good players. I'm honestly surprised more teams haven't figured out that most elite defenses have a really good FS that's a lynch pin of that defense.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

One of the ongoing arguments from the few remaining anti-Berry-contract folks was devaluing the safety spot. That's antiquated thinking in and of itself but with Berry you have a complete player who runs into a pile moving one way and the pile immediately stops, is a ball hawk and a threat to go the distance every time he picks it off and then the intangible team leader aspect and people still thought the Chiefs should let him walk and the only thing preventing that argument was Poe's broken back, if not people would say to keep the defensive lineman. I guess we're coming around on safeties slowly is what I'm saying.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
I've said it a bunch but there's no one in this class traditionally worth a top 5 pick, so you have a bunch of guys that would be fantastic choices at #7 or #10 overall instead being bandied about for #2.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Myles Garrett is absolutely a top 5 (and a top 1 pick) in most drafts.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
McShay mocking Trubisky to the Texans :lol:

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
1st rounders most likely to bust? (Non QB)

I'll contribute with my half-informed opinion....Christian McCaffrey. Those bench numbers are atrocious, and I know that not's everything that goes into a RB. But even Darren Sproles put up 23 bench presses. Christian put up 10. That's in the 1% lowest of all bench press numbers in Combine history. NFL players are twice as fast and twice as strong as college players. McCaffrey is gonna flash and have some crazy plays. And then he's gonna spend the rest of his career on the IR list. I want to be wrong, cause the guy looks electric.

89 fucked around with this message at 23:22 on Mar 15, 2017

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I hope so because gently caress Ed Mccaffrey.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

89 posted:

1st rounders most likely to bust? (Non QB)

I'll contribute with my half-informed opinion....Christian McCaffrey. Those bench numbers are atrocious, and I know that not's everything that goes into a RB. But even Darren Sproles put up 23 bench presses. Christian put up 10. That's in the 1% lowest of all bench press numbers in Combine history. NFL players are twice as fast and twice as strong as college players. McCaffrey is gonna flash and have some crazy plays. And then he's gonna spend the rest of his career on the IR list. I want to be wrong, cause the guy looks electric.

TWICE AS FAST AND STRONG?!

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Ehud posted:

Stopped reading right there.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

kiimo posted:

I hope so because gently caress Ed Mccaffrey.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps

Ehud posted:

You guys know what I mean, whatever :smugjones:

Hamhandler
Aug 9, 2008

[I want to] shit in your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your real mother across the face [laughter]. Fuck you, you're still a rookie. I'll kill you.
I think the thing with safety is in this draft is that they're all pretty much specialized players. There isn't an Eric Berry who can play whatever sub position or scheme you want.

There's like five guys who are in the first three rounds who are probably best fit as single high safety(or slot corner/single high). I'm not sure there's a huge market for that sub position. Are there a load of Cover-3 teams without a FS right now?

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

which prospect would you say is the oldest maize around.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

What tough guy is on the board, looking to contribute to a team in a big way by Being the venerable grain plant.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Cavauro posted:

which prospect would you say is the oldest maize around.

one of them might not be the oldest but he'd be the best seasoned with a little butter and salt

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

I was thinking of Corn RedDick from the 1986 NFL draft. thanks everybody for the old help just like mama used to make

• Locked thread