Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin

Utnayan posted:

What was the name of that horror movie with John Cusack where he and others were stuck at a motel with some people and there was a serial killer on the loose, and in the end, it turned out he was in a mental hospital with 8 personalities and was a big scary looking guy, and his eyes kept flicking left to right all over the place? That is the eye animation to a T.

I believe it was called Split Personality Billy And The Spooky Motel

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'
it's easy to believe that they have more dialogue than ME3 when every little bit gets a good 3-4 lines from half a dozen characters

Dilber
Mar 27, 2007

TFLC
(Trophy Feline Lifting Crew)

Does anyone else have zero sound?

I guess maybe it's because I launched it before it hit 100%?

Utnayan
Sep 26, 2002
PROUD MEMBER OF THE RAPIST DEFENSE BRIGADE! DO NOT BE MEAN TO RAPISTS, OR I WILL VOTE FOR THEM WITH EVER INCREASING VIGOR!

Hedrigall posted:

I believe it was called Split Personality Billy And The Spooky Motel

Identity. That's it.

D1E
Nov 25, 2001

Am I seriously supposed to want to have sex with any of these mongoloid characters?

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

cams posted:

well it's a good thing that it doesn't matter whether or not this video game is good or bad because it is a video game you either buy it and play it or don't and everything else is just whining about toys on the internet

the gently caress do you want from us dude the game is animated like poo poo do you just want everyone to ignore that

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

D1E posted:

Am I seriously supposed to want to have sex with any of these mongoloid characters?

Fist the krogan maybe?

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin

Utnayan posted:

Identity. That's it.

Oh maybe Identity was the title in some territories. Movie studios do that sometimes.

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

D1E posted:

Most damning thing said so far.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters
I am without a hint of irony scrambling to find a way to cancel my preorder right now. :v:

Having to do Livechat with one of their representatives because lmao their refund portal doesn't even loving work right.

Seriously the early footage problems could be chalked up to minor issues but everything the press has streamed has looked utterly godawful. This game is dead on arrival.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand

BARONS CYBER SKULL posted:

the face model:

what bioware made:

I'm sorry but I genuinely, unironically prefer the derpy sad Sarah face to that over-airbrushed model.

The animations have some legit problems, but I don't know what problems people are having with the writing or story. The GiantBomb guys in particular are being really pedantic and dense from what I've seen.

"So you have a computer in your head?? Whaaaaat??????"
"I know right? Right?? I know! Like I dunno man! Isn't that dumb????"

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin

Admiral Ray posted:

Most damning thing said so far.

TBH the more monstrous and inhuman the characters are the more I want to bone them :getin:

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

RYDER THE NOMAD CAN'T GET UP THIS HILL

SWITCH TO SIX WHEELED DRIVE MODE

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
You can tell which posters never played ME3's multiplayer because they're the ones who think it wasn't worth the full price of the game on its own.

Dragon Age 2 thread was a lot more funny. Buncha lazy rabble-rousing this time.

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

Milky Moor posted:

this is an actual thing that happens and forces you to stop driving and doesn't appear to be linked to any command or anything

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Cowcaster posted:

the gently caress do you want from us dude the game is animated like poo poo do you just want everyone to ignore that
nah everyone should keep posting about how much they don't like their toys and how much the video game company hurt them

especially the people who are going to buy this game and dump 30+ hours into it anyways

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

Get up, chief. We're just gettin' started.

Milky Moor posted:

YO RYDER JUMP OVER THAT BIG rear end RAMP

Zikan
Feb 29, 2004

so, does anyone have an experience requesting a refund from green man gaming :v:

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

cams posted:

nah everyone should keep posting about how much they don't like their toys and how much the video game company hurt them

especially the people who are going to buy this game and dump 30+ hours into it anyways

What is this

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Captain Oblivious posted:

I am without a hint of irony scrambling to find a way to cancel my preorder right now. :v:

Having to do Livechat with one of their representatives because lmao their refund portal doesn't even loving work right.

Seriously the early footage problems could be chalked up to minor issues but everything the press has streamed has looked utterly godawful. This game is dead on arrival.

Nice fakepost.

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

please tell me where i can date this cute boy
Like every post is about the animations, what about the shooting

A BIG FUCKING BLUNT
Nov 10, 2007

The gun is still backwards in the Giant Bomb stream

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

the backwards gun is still in!

Utnayan
Sep 26, 2002
PROUD MEMBER OF THE RAPIST DEFENSE BRIGADE! DO NOT BE MEAN TO RAPISTS, OR I WILL VOTE FOR THEM WITH EVER INCREASING VIGOR!

Norns posted:

What is this

That is what we call a "Deflector" marketer. Pay no mind. They are on the last page of the playbook and have now resorted to this before the plug gets pulled.

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

backwards gun is still in

BACKWARDS GUN IS STILL IN

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
So I haven't been watching the streams but I have been listening to the fan youtube vids and podcasts (from the youtubers who got to go play 20 hours recently) and they're all saying the animations are crap but the gameplay and story is amazing and they're all full of praise for the game

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy
What the hell is the PeeBee entrance, what. Ryder's facial animations are hilariously bad during that.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

backwards gun just happened on stream, nice.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

precision posted:

Nice fakepost.

I played ME3 multi. It's good fun, but it's not worth full sticker price. I'll let you know how the refund goes.

A BIG FUCKING BLUNT
Nov 10, 2007

Big Bowie Bonanza posted:

Peebee's gun is still shoots backwards

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

BrianWilly posted:

I'm sorry but I genuinely, unironically prefer the derpy sad Sarah face to that over-airbrushed model.

Sounds like you have a case of the Goon

Veotax
May 16, 2006

Welp, even at 100% I just get a black box when trying to launch this. Going to see if a restart fixes this.

Zikan posted:

so, does anyone have an experience requesting a refund from green man gaming :v:

Have they sent you a key already? If so you're probably hosed.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

cams posted:

Or you could shut the gently caress up and let us make fun of this game.

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

Hedrigall posted:

So I haven't been watching the streams but I have been listening to the fan youtube vids and podcasts (from the youtubers who got to go play 20 hours recently) and they're all saying the animations are crap but the gameplay and story is amazing and they're all full of praise for the game

nah, giant bomb: "feels like this should be better by now, four games in"

this is about scene direction, voice actin, sequencing of events and pacing... they basically laughed out loud at peebee's whole intro.

Mr. Funktastic
Dec 27, 2012

College Slice
shooting seems fine so far but gb isn't playing a vanguard so it's hard to say for certain

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Big Bowie Bonanza posted:

It looks maybe a couple steps above Fallout 4's FPS gameplay. The gunfeel doesn't seem great.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

A BIG loving BLUNT posted:

A BIG loving BLUNT posted:

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

It runs like crap on my 1060, less than 30fps when moving the camera on High. :negative:

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

"I would take all the janky animation in the world if I was just more interested in what they were saying"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

http://www.pcgamer.com/we-have-mixed-feelings-about-the-first-few-hours-of-mass-effect-andromeda/
Interesting mix of opinions, although the guy who is doing the full review and is 20+ hours in says the game gets better, like DA:I but faster.