Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS
I will have my youtube lucha libre cage match with fellow incel goon Yahtzee Crosshaw, the winner will win an endless supply of lootcrates.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

Plan Z posted:

History will prove him right I guess.

I watched an episode when they first started out because hey I liked LPs and I liked Metal Gear Awesome and people were saying this was good. Couldn't make it more than a minute in. Then I heard Jon left and people were furious that a horrible son of an Israeli JEW took his place and this was the worst thing ever and I actually really enjoyed the video I watched because Dan seems like a ridiculously nice and genuinely funny person. I went back and tried the Jon videos again and they were pretty bad universally while about 1 in 5 of the newer ones I genuinely enjoy, especially when they had Rob Schneider on or that video where they made fun of AVGN copycats.

They had rob schneider on? His career is so bad hes shilling for Republicanss now

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

You can tell he's that kinda guy by his face and his voice. Like, its so easy to imagine him doing a racist rant that it was pretty unsurprising when he did

i'm glad none of the Easy Allies are racist

Plan Z
May 6, 2012

Uncle Wemus posted:

They had rob schneider on? His career is so bad hes shilling for Republicanss now

Arin went on a rant about Real Rob sucking in one episode. Someone sent the rant to Rob, who actually said he had some good points and guested with his wife on a video. She was surprisingly good at Mortal Kombat.

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

Rob is hungry fof attention

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
Boy this thread really improved eight pages ago when Moridin showed up.

Having read the actual quotes of Jon's words, I'm painfully unsurprised that he doesn't say anything terrifically outlandish. He doesn't say "exterminate the Jews" or anything like that.

He (gasp) said that it's a weird double standard where you can hold white people accountable for the colonialism of eating tacos, but if white people complain about immigration or whatever, they are racist.

If I was going to critique his position, I'd ask him to provide more specific examples because, like everything else Jon says, he sounds like he's vaguely alluding to something he heard someplace.

I fail to see how anything he said there is alarming or newsworthy to anyone. Do you feel alarmed? Do you feel Jon Jafari is about to host a rally to put your life in danger?

His last name has Jafar right there in it so he's probably pretty villanous IDK but see, I just read his words and think "he doesn't sound very politically educated" and then I move on with my life, which means smoking this fat bowl of weed.

So whats' everyone super upset about? Why is there 16 pages on this topic do people think Jon should be punished for something?

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

He should be deported to Iran seeing as he hates immigration so much

Tiny Deer
Jan 16, 2012

What do you know, we've all been beat.

And I don't know who is super upset, 8-bit, I'm not exactly scared of a guy I'm pretty sure has to order pizza with an app because picking up a phone gives him fear sweats.

I mean a lot of things give this guy the sweats but you get what I'm saying.

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound
Would anyone like to take a break from JonTron to know that the new Mass Effect is not impressive?

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.
can somebody, anybody, just one person, please confirm that they understood i was making a fuckin jape?

this:

Cubone posted:

Hysterical Leftist Moridin920 Declares Irony "Unacceptable, Tantamount To Genocide"; Siding With Western Culture Is Now A Morally Imperative Matter Of Rational Self-Interest

friend of the family lol j/k
haha but seriously what if friend of the family? just asking questions here. im allowed to have thoughts and say things you fuckign virtue signaling bolsheviks
is retarded. it's nonsense. gently caress you. i hate you. even if it was sincere, there's not a single goddamned point that is raises WHY WOULD YOU ARGUE WITH IT?

WHAT IS THIS NIGHTMARE

ohhhhh i'm gonna die. oh lord i'm gonna die. the discourse THE DISCOURSE dear god please make me a bird so i can fly far far away dear god please make me a bird so i can fly far far away

The Landstander
Apr 20, 2004

I stand on land.

Cubone posted:

cubone cu, bone, Cubone cub one cubone?

Cubone:

cu bone. bone cubone Cu bone. Cu bo ne. Cubone. Cubone cubone cubone, cubone Cubone Cubone CUBONE?

CUBONE CUBONE. CUBONE

cubone cubone cubone cubone cubone cubone cubone cubone cubone cubone CUBONE cubone cubone cubone cubone

vermin
Feb 28, 2017

Help, I've turned into a manifestation of mental disorders as viewed through an early 20th century lens sparked by the disparity between man and modern society and I can't get up

Cubone posted:

ohhhhh i'm gonna die. oh lord i'm gonna die. the discourse THE DISCOURSE dear god please make me a bird so i can fly far far away dear god please make me a bird so i can fly far far away

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEA9aql8XHM

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

Cubone posted:

can somebody, anybody, just one person, please confirm that they understood i was making a fuckin jape?

this:

is retarded. it's nonsense. gently caress you. i hate you. even if it was sincere, there's not a single goddamned point that is raises WHY WOULD YOU ARGUE WITH IT?

WHAT IS THIS NIGHTMARE

my man.

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS

8-Bit Scholar posted:

Having read the actual quotes of Jon's words, I'm painfully unsurprised that he doesn't say anything terrifically outlandish. He doesn't say "exterminate the Jews" or anything like that.

He (gasp) said that it's a weird double standard where you can hold white people accountable for the colonialism of eating tacos, but if white people complain about immigration or whatever, they are racist.

If I was going to critique his position, I'd ask him to provide more specific examples because, like everything else Jon says, he sounds like he's vaguely alluding to something he heard someplace.

I fail to see how anything he said there is alarming or newsworthy to anyone. Do you feel alarmed? Do you feel Jon Jafari is about to host a rally to put your life in danger?

His last name has Jafar right there in it so he's probably pretty villanous IDK but see, I just read his words and think "he doesn't sound very politically educated" and then I move on with my life, which means smoking this fat bowl of weed.

So whats' everyone super upset about? Why is there 16 pages on this topic do people think Jon should be punished for something?

Good to have someone who actually took the effort to inform themselves with the facts.

Fun Fact: Jon's full name is Jon Aryan Jafari. People thought his wiki page got vandalized but it's apparently a Persian name which is pretty drat funny.

sorry Cubone but loving :lol:

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

Putty posted:

sorry Cubone but loving :lol:

no apologies necessary. if there's one thing i hope people get out of my posts, it's that im cubone

Tezzora
Feb 26, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

8-Bit Scholar posted:

maybe if you've got a sweet gig playing videogames for a living like the punchline of a far side comic from 1985 you should shut the gently caress up about your dumbass nerd cracker political beliefs

Streak
May 16, 2004

by Nyc_Tattoo

Cubone posted:

friend of the family

The Landstander
Apr 20, 2004

I stand on land.

Cubone posted:

no apologies necessary. if there's one thing i hope people get out of my posts, it's that im cubone

For the record there was less ideological commentary intended and more of a desire to write CUBONE

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Tezzora posted:

maybe if you've got a sweet gig playing videogames for a living like the punchline of a far side comic from 1985 you should shut the gently caress up about your dumbass nerd cracker political beliefs

So should all entertainers never voice their personal beliefs on subjects? Isn't that the sort of attitude old-rear end conservatives spout?

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

8-Bit Scholar posted:

So should all entertainers never voice their personal beliefs on subjects? Isn't that the sort of attitude old-rear end conservatives spout?

No one should ever voice their opinions on anything unless directly asked

Dean of Swing
Feb 22, 2012
Cu. Bone?

Tricky D
Apr 1, 2005

I love um!

Blue Train posted:

Blue Train posted:

Blue Train posted:

Blue Train posted:

Blue Train posted:

Blue Train posted:

Dean of Swing
Feb 22, 2012
How about that Jontron guys? Thoughts?

Tezzora
Feb 26, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

8-Bit Scholar posted:

yes you should probably refrain from voicing your personal beliefs if you are a completely replaceable idiot and literally anybody not in a coma could do your pretend job

Gynocentric Regime
Jun 9, 2010

by Cyrano4747

8-Bit Scholar posted:

No everyone should be encouraged to speak their mind, even "celebrities", but they should expect a backlash if their mind is full of racist poo poo.

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Blue Train posted:

That's, like, your opinion, man.

Tezzora posted:

yes you should probably refrain from voicing your personal beliefs if you are a completely replaceable idiot and literally anybody not in a coma could do your pretend job

you sound bitter af fam

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

new phone who dis posted:

Would anyone like to take a break from JonTron to know that the new Mass Effect is not impressive?

lol this is a lazy troll.

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

8-Bit Scholar posted:

That's, like, your opinion, man.

:monocle:

Thirsty Girl
Dec 5, 2015

hmm hrmm i looked at the facts and this fat slob never advocated a crime looks like it is you who are dumb ho ho

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

What God wants, God gets, God help us all

Weirdo posted:

Juhani - She's one of the optional NPCs, who you can even kill instead of recruiting. Whoever wrote that article also calls her the first lesbian Jedi, so we'll need to cut to Jontron to see how he feels about that.

Yeah if you're going for maximum puppy-kicker I can't remember if it's better to just murder her, or take the good option and let her live, so you can be an rear end in a top hat to her for the rest of the game. I assume hurting her feelings nets more Evil points in the long run.

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Pvt.Scott posted:

Yeah if you're going for maximum puppy-kicker I can't remember if it's better to just murder her, or take the good option and let her live, so you can be an rear end in a top hat to her for the rest of the game. I assume hurting her feelings nets more Evil points in the long run.

Yeah, she joins you to start a "redemption" arc and so she's trying to rehab herself off the Dark Side and if you are an rear end in a top hat you can basically facilitate her continued addiction to your heart's content. I think there's a way where you can push her to try and kill you and thus stop your attempted reign of terror too, I can't remember.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

8-Bit Scholar posted:

I think we're just making fun of a YouTube man until some people went all "but what do you mean he's racist wtf!!!" 'cuz they gotta die on some weird hill in a thread about making fun of a YouTube man.

Who is talking about feeling alarmed why are you people so thin skinned all the time lmao what horse do you have in this race

quote:

Yeah no he just says "actually colonialism was good" like a dumbass

Chernobyl baby
Jul 19, 2011
Actually, Jons career snaps in two

Barry quick hide the racism with elephant noises

Tricky D
Apr 1, 2005

I love um!
It's actually impossible to just casually make fun of someone. If anyone has anything to say about fat YouTuber's political opinions, you better believe it's in deadly earnest. Welcome to GBS.

Thirsty Girl
Dec 5, 2015

welcome to the semantics game where goons argue what making fun of someone means and what means means were all in a for a real treat

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

:burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug:

Thirsty Girl posted:

welcome to the semantics game where goons argue what making fun of someone means and what means means were all in a for a real treat

what the gently caress do you mean by "for" :mad:

Chernobyl baby
Jul 19, 2011
Wealthy black goons get probated far more than poor whites and that's a fact, look it up

Tricky D
Apr 1, 2005

I love um!
Hold my beer. Watch this.

*splits a single hair in two which bare hands*

Stick Figure Mafia
Dec 11, 2004

i wish people cared enough to hate me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chernobyl baby
Jul 19, 2011
I think it just dawned on me that the comedy in Jontron videos rarely if ever comes from him and it's usually the thing he's reviewing that gets the laughs

I would like to become YouTube famous because I'm unfunny and fat but I'm not a Nazi so that probably won't be enough

• Locked thread