Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Phew, I think I've started to wear out of the game. Not feeling the urge to get all the shrines and sidequests 'n stuff, but it was still a really loving good game and it's probably GOTY. I would love to see further refinement of the formula in future games.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

I LOVE SEEING DEAD BABIES ON 𝕏, THE EVERYTHING APP. IT'S WORTH IT FOR THE FOLLOWING TAB.

Zore posted:

No. Its pretty obvious where Ganon is simce they give you a minimap with a blinking 'Ganon is here' dot.

I just remembered that when I first saw the map I assumed Ganon would be walking around the castle and could spot you at any time. Like it was a fight taking place over the space of an entire dungeon.

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

cheetah7071 posted:

I like Mipha

Mods? Mods?

Mods??

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Is there a gallery for all the Amiibo clothes you can get and are they upgradeable?

I need to know if it's worth tracking them down.

Gibbering
May 24, 2014

:catdrugs:

cheetah7071 posted:

Mostly the zora are really cute in this game imo

For some reason I find the grumpy old ones super endearing even though they're bony, bitter assholes.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Kelp Plankton posted:

this one happens in all the timelines, at the very end of them

It's like people haven't watched Turn-A before.

Learn about the lost history of war.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

Inzombiac posted:

Is there a gallery for all the Amiibo clothes you can get and are they upgradeable?

I need to know if it's worth tracking them down.

http://m.imgur.com/a/QWNvr

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Thanks!

Edit: I need Toon Link. Daaamn.

Inzombiac fucked around with this message at 01:28 on Mar 16, 2017

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

There's a whole set of clothes for each amiibo? All Toon Link has given me is that worthless loving boomerang and a bunch of bullshit.
FWIW, all amiibos seem to give you something, just that non-Zelda ones seem to just give you mushrooms and mostly garbage items.

Anyway, words can't express how satisfying it is to wreck guardians' poo poo with the Master Sword. The stronger ancient weapons are nice too, but they break too goddamn easy.

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

spit on my clit posted:

alright gently caress this where exactly can Kass be found? I've done Gerudo tower, the West Nacuda (or was it East) shrine, the treasure chest on some islands south of Hateno, the shrine where you have to ride a certain animal, and the one where you need to shoot an arrow through two holes in one shot

You find his camp and diary with a list of where he hangs out at the blood moon shrine which is located umm, west-ish of Satori Mountain, plateau area with those weird stone tree things.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Runcible Cat posted:

You find his camp and diary with a list of where he hangs out at the blood moon shrine which is located umm, west-ish of Satori Mountain, plateau area with those weird stone tree things.

Got it, thanks for the info

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

raditts posted:

There's a whole set of clothes for each amiibo? All Toon Link has given me is that worthless loving boomerang and a bunch of bullshit.
FWIW, all amiibos seem to give you something, just that non-Zelda ones seem to just give you mushrooms and mostly garbage items.

Anyway, words can't express how satisfying it is to wreck guardians' poo poo with the Master Sword. The stronger ancient weapons are nice too, but they break too goddamn easy.

You have to save scum until you get one of the items.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-TYt61ywF-M

Oh my god this game

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

What's the deal with getting multiple Blood Moons one after another? Is that a bug or something? Because it's really annoying.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

How many laws of physics are we breaking here

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

I've been holding onto a Korok leaf in my inventory since the Plateau and now I can finally get rid of it.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Ibram Gaunt posted:

What's the deal with getting multiple Blood Moons one after another? Is that a bug or something? Because it's really annoying.

Seems to be a bug yeah

Someone was asking last page and no, you don't need to read the cookbook in the castle to complete that side quest, you can just make one of the dishes and give it to them

One thing I really wanna see now is people finding awesome long shield surfing lines like some real Tony Hawk poo poo. The Reddit challenge I just found involving surfing down the really long thin bridge on the islands to the east is pretty cool, but I want more!

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

Ibram Gaunt posted:

Save your game, quit it entirely, restart it.

Best guess is blood moon at not-midnight is used as a "something got into a really bad state, reset everything and see if that helps" and seems to happen more the longer you play in one sitting (where sleeping the game is considered 'still one sitting')

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Kind of wish Kelton would update your kill count on Hinoks and Taluses.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

i did not know the white maned ones even had a weapon this strong

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

spit on my clit posted:

i did not know the white maned ones even had a weapon this strong

Yeah, I just avoid those guys and farm the sword bearing ones.

Modus Pwnens
Dec 29, 2004

Harrow posted:

Unrelated: I really want to see more videos like this because I never thought a Zelda game would give rise to videos of people just showing off really stylish ways of owning bosses and tough enemies.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Or88ErrwGY

I used the techniques in this video to take out a blue maned Lynel. Unlike the video I took a few hits and used an attack boost food, but still felt like a badass. Would recommend, especially after getting a certain power that helps smooth over failed parries.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Nephzinho posted:

Yeah, I just avoid those guys and farm the sword bearing ones.

Ancient armor set bonus + Guardian Axe ++ :kheldragar:

oh yeah, here's more photos

top 10 pictures taken before disaster

spit on my clit fucked around with this message at 02:19 on Mar 16, 2017

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
I can't believe I squeezed 75+ hours outta the main quest and only did 45 shrines. I remember really, really, draining the blood from the stone that is twilight princess and having to tap out at 37 hours

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

So is there any use for the Classified Envelope?

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Calaveron posted:

How many laws of physics are we breaking here

All of them.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
The hateno kid just asked me for a weapon that I just happened to get the other day but just broke on a test of strength yesterday. FUUUUUUUCK.

Item Getter
Dec 14, 2015
Does this game have all the language settings intact on the Wii U version? Since that one is region locked

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
I kinda wish I could change the language in the game because I wanna play it with the latin american translation since from the trailer it sounds fantastic

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Well beat the game today. I wasn't planning on it but I started getting a fatigue I get from a lot of open-world games when I play them too long. One where my character is so grossly overpowered that nothing is a challenge anymore. There's no tension to combat and that sucks a lot of the fun out of the game to me. Around that time I either just stop playing or start a new character. So I figured it was time to close this out.

Thoughts on the final battle and ending;

I guess Calamity Ganon could of been a cool fight but I wouldn't know since half his health bar got vaporized. Then right when I was able to actually fight he went into some gimmicky phase where I couldn't hurt him. No idea what you're supposed to do here. Parrying him resulted in a stun but is that really the only way to damage him at this point? Kind of a let down.

Dark Beast Ganon was just a glorified cutscene. Would of been fine with that honestly. In fact I was super excited at first since I didn't expect the game to actually have my giant horse show up. I was sad I couldn't ride him right up into the Sanctum, so going against the final boss with him was a cool surprise. Then this whole thing got ruined by Zelda constantly interrupting the fight with her terrible voice acting. Really? Shoot the glowing weak points? You think I need you to tell me that on the final loving boss? Good lord.

So I guess that whole end sequence was kind of mediocre. Rest of the game though? Obviously really good. In fact I still wanna play it and explore the places I overlooked. I just wanna go back to the point where combat had some tension to it. Seriously debating running around naked since upgraded armour is one of the "mistakes" that made the combat lose its teeth.

Heran Bago
Aug 18, 2006

Calaveron posted:

I kinda wish I could change the language in the game because I wanna play it with the latin american translation since from the trailer it sounds fantastic

It's quite doable but also an involved process.

https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-how-to-undub-zelda-breath-of-the-wild.463642/

As you hinted the Latin American Spanish dub is different than the European Spanish dub. If you are playing with the North American version, you should just be able to change your system language or location.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

I'm sad now.

Source.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
Oh, so you can upgrade the Desert Girl Adventure outfit, just not the one you get during the story. It has to be one you buy from the stall in town, for some reason the great fairies never make clear.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Viewtiful Jew posted:

Oh, so you can upgrade the Desert Girl Adventure outfit, just not the one you get during the story. It has to be one you buy from the stall in town, for some reason the great fairies never make clear.

Well that's just silly.

So what weapon do you guys like the most? For me, it was the dragonbone moblin club for most of the game. I got one off a moblin in some forest shortly after I got off the plateau. I cherished that club. Used it exclusively for sneak attacks so I could flatten everything in one hit. Eventually though, it got outclassed by the goron stone smasher. That thing looks so much like the dragon bone smasher from Demon's Souls. Its just way too much fun to use.

Internet Kraken fucked around with this message at 03:29 on Mar 16, 2017

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Viewtiful Jew posted:

Wait, seriously? It's the exact same armor set :psyduck:

Well, time to go spend some rupees.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

Viewtiful Jew posted:

What do I do with the one the story one then?

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Cojawfee posted:

Dye it a different color for fashion.

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Just realized Lynels aren't technically bosses and don't have a medal, do they.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Internet Kraken posted:

Well that's just silly.

So what weapon do you guys like the most? For me, it was the dragonbone moblin club for most of the game. I got one off a moblin in some forest shortly after I got off the plateau. I cherished that club. Used it exclusively for sneak attacks so I could flatten everything in one hit. Eventually though, it got outclassed by the goron stone smasher. That thing looks so much like the dragon bone smasher from Demon's Souls. Its just way too much fun to use.

I really love the Great Thunderblade because it combines my favorite moveset with my favorite elemental effect.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

I never even tried that because of the puzzles where attempting to use magnet while I'm standing on something just breaks the magnet link. Let's hear it for loopholes!

Cojawfee posted:

Internet Kraken posted:

Dye it a different color for fashion.