Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Burkion posted:

In Multiplayer, are there still insta kill attacks from enemies?

I'm watching a multiplayer stream right now and someone the streamer was playing with said she got sync killed. By an enemy exactly like the banshee. :thumbsup:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Good Dumplings
Mar 30, 2011

Excuse my worthless shitposting because all I can ever hope to accomplish in life is to rot away the braincells of strangers on the internet with my irredeemable brainworms.

...ok that's a good animation

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
it runs fine on my 980ti and 8 gb ram

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009

Good Dumplings posted:

That is a bad animation though, you need to find something good as opposed to saying "everything else is bad so it's okay this one thing is total garbage". Find a good animation in Andromeda. It's a painful experience but I'm sure it's possible.

It conveys the emotion the character is feeling. Sometimes, the best acting/animation is subtle, if eyebrows don't need to move to convey your emotion, they don't need to move.

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

Milky Moor posted:

giant bomb called it "an average third person shooter"

the pcgamer guys basically said it's more ME1 combat than what the sequels "changed"

Lame. Toodles.

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

Fortuitous Bumble posted:

The Witcher 3 was made in Poland, so they were able to get at least like twice the animation for their money. There was literally nothing EA could do to compete with the Polish menace.

Polish polish has yet to be matched on the industry

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound

FunkMonkey posted:

Gottapoopgottapoopgottapoop

Combat - Fun - Confirm/Deny

It's nothing to write home about.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

gently caress BotW we found the game of the decade people

Zikan
Feb 29, 2004

lomarf

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

i love this

blindwoozie
Mar 1, 2008

That is loving hilarious.

time to try this trial.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

black.lion posted:

Ugh if I have to buy more ram to run this well I'm going to be vaguely annoyed.

It's so weird to me that ram might be the performance bottleneck. Like, what the gently caress is going on in this game that it needs so much? 8gb should be enough for basically anything made to play on current gen consoles.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
combat feels about as clunky as me3

Random Asshole
Nov 8, 2010

I guess we get to find out on Monday the lowest review score each publication is comfortable giving a AAA title from a major studio. My prediction: 82-86 on Metacritic.

EA made a huge mistake letting people play this early, DA2 reviewers got away with it because it wasn't apparent until a couple days after launch what a mess it was. In Andromeda's case way too many people know about it's problems for major reviewers to just give it a 95 and hope nobody notices.

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound

Random rear end in a top hat posted:

I guess we get to find out on Monday the lowest review score each publication is comfortable giving a AAA title from a major studio. My prediction: 82-86 on Metacritic.

EA made a huge mistake letting people play this early, DA2 reviewers got away with it because it wasn't apparent until a couple days after launch what a mess it was. In Andromeda's case way too many people know about it's problems for major reviewers to just give it a 95 and hope nobody notices.

I have a feeling they knew they had a turd on their hands and allowed the early trial to avoid a refund debacle.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
im probs not buying it so far

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

Ok what really bugs me about this more than the other stuff, is why the hell is that woman looking in a completely direction after hitting him in the face with a glass? Like if you are gonna hit a giant space frog in the face maybe keep your eyes on him.

I like mass effect a lot why is this happening :smith:

Rabid Snake
Aug 6, 2004

There should be another topic about people actually playing the game and wanting to discuss it versus people bitching about animations from twitch

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

I think my cpu is throttling like crazy and that's why ME:A runs like crap on my computer.

I have no idea how to fix it though, new case since this one has no side panel and maybe water cooling? :v:

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!

I want to empty quote this until release.

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

Zore posted:

Its combat is atrocious though. Man it made me bounce off that game like nothing else

Were you playing on mouse and keyboard? Just curious.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Rabid Snake posted:

There should be another topic about people actually playing the game and wanting to discuss it versus people bitching about animations from twitch

be the change you want to see in the forums

Ragingsheep
Nov 7, 2009

new phone who dis posted:

I have a feeling they knew they had a turd on their hands and allowed the early trial to avoid a refund debacle.

I assumed that allowing early access = good game :(

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Rabid Snake posted:

People will just bitch about "safe spaces" because that is what old people do now, lol.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

Evil Canadian posted:

Ok what really bugs me about this more than the other stuff, is why the hell is that woman looking in a completely direction after hitting him in the face with a glass? Like if you are gonna hit a giant space frog in the face maybe keep your eyes on him.

I like mass effect a lot why is this happening :smith:

It's like watching a poo poo stunt actor. People will claim this was an artistic decision.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

gmq posted:

I think my cpu is throttling like crazy and that's why ME:A runs like crap on my computer.

I have no idea how to fix it though, new case since this one has no side panel and maybe water cooling? :v:

Confirm you have a heatsink attached to your processor properly and clean? That temp is way too high.

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

this game doesnt look like its going to be good. haha

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Ragingsheep posted:

I assumed that allowing early access = good game :(

they allow all their games early

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

eonwe posted:

it runs fine on my 980ti and 8 gb ram

I'll note that my 980ti went up to 75 degrees pretty quickly just at the main menu screen (which I did not go past because I'm still downloading and I just wanted to make sure the game actually ran). Which I know is well within safe ranges but that still feels pretty high to go on just a menu in the dead of winter and i'm super paranoid about temps

oh well i'm sure it's nothing

Zikan
Feb 29, 2004

i blame president donald trump somehow

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

Rabid Snake posted:

Doesn't it cost money to preload?

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

:zoid:

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Grondoth posted:

watch the bottle on the table

you got to be loving with me

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Zikan posted:

i blame president donald trump somehow

hes bad

Zikan
Feb 29, 2004

eonwe posted:

hes bad

:yeah:

Overbite
Jan 24, 2004

I'm a vtuber expert
I hope the people who were looking forward to Mass Effect andromeny have fun with their game! It's OK to like something even if its bad. you do you.

opinions are like jelly beans!

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Overbite posted:

I hope the people who were looking forward to Mass Effect andromeny have fun with their game! It's OK to like something even if its bad. you do you.

ya

Good Dumplings
Mar 30, 2011

Excuse my worthless shitposting because all I can ever hope to accomplish in life is to rot away the braincells of strangers on the internet with my irredeemable brainworms.

Overbite posted:

is sovremenny the grass or puke flavored bean

Overbite
Jan 24, 2004

I'm a vtuber expert

Good Dumplings posted:

is sovremenny the grass or puke flavored bean

butter popcorn

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

Overbite posted:

Except these jelly beans are the nasty flavored ones you eat on a dare.