Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Arglebargle III posted:

Were you playing on mouse and keyboard? Just curious.

Yeah,

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

Overbite posted:

opinions are like jelly beans!

Unsatisfying and hazardous to your health if overindulged in.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Evil Canadian posted:

Ok what really bugs me about this more than the other stuff, is why the hell is that woman looking in a completely direction after hitting him in the face with a glass? Like if you are gonna hit a giant space frog in the face maybe keep your eyes on him.

I like mass effect a lot why is this happening :smith:

this is the gift that keeps on giving. in addition to the already pointed out:
  • disinterested gaze of the woman
  • krogan missing the headbutt
  • no chair
  • bottle on the table breaking (not breaking)

i just noticed that the lady isn't holding the bottle by the neck but by the body. she's slamming a glass bottle into someone's face with the palm of her hand

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!

Overbite posted:

I hope the people who were looking forward to Mass Effect andromeny have fun with their game! It's OK to like something even if its bad. you do you.

opinions are like jelly beans!

Poorly animated?

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

8-bit Miniboss posted:

Confirm you have a heatsink attached to your processor properly and clean? That temp is way too high.

Oh boy, I'm not very good with the hardware part of computers. It looks clean but how do I make sure it has a heatsink attached?

Rabid Snake
Aug 6, 2004

Arglebargle III posted:

Doesn't it cost money to preload?

$5 for 10 hours of origin access

speaking of $5

the girl scout cookie dialogue had be cracking up since I just picked up a box on my way home today

Good Dumplings
Mar 30, 2011

Excuse my worthless shitposting because all I can ever hope to accomplish in life is to rot away the braincells of strangers on the internet with my irredeemable brainworms.

Overbite posted:

butter popcorn

:stwoon:

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
the facial animations arent good is my first impression of single player but its not as bad as the clips ive seen

Random Asshole
Nov 8, 2010

Rabid Snake posted:

There should be another topic about people actually playing the game and wanting to discuss it versus people bitching about animations from twitch

I am currently playing it. My take: it's not great. The jetjump is sort of fun and I'm really happy to be unshackled from linear shooter corridors... but predictably the actual shooting gameplay is much worse when that's the case.

That's the nicest thing I can say about it, everything else - writing, animations, pacing - is a straight downgrade from ME3, which is genuinely baffling to me. Like, seriously, what happened?

Overbite
Jan 24, 2004

I'm a vtuber expert

Those are bad though

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat

where is the pillow fight?

Orv
May 4, 2011
MP GOOD

SP BAD

OOK OOK AAH OOK

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Rabid Snake posted:

There should be another topic about people actually playing the game and wanting to discuss it versus people bitching about animations from twitch

I bet I'll enjoy the game but it's pretty loving noteworthy that a AAA title in 2017 has such utter trash animation quality going on. Like, look at that Krogan gif. What the gently caress is even going on there, between the weird exploding bottle on the table, to the invisible chair, to WHATEVER the gently caress is going on in the mind of the woman who just smashed a bottle on a Krogan's face. What the gently caress?

Good Dumplings
Mar 30, 2011

Excuse my worthless shitposting because all I can ever hope to accomplish in life is to rot away the braincells of strangers on the internet with my irredeemable brainworms.

Overbite posted:

Those are bad though

yeah they're supposed to be, but they're... sorta good imx. like so bad they're good

e: gently caress

Overbite
Jan 24, 2004

I'm a vtuber expert

Good Dumplings posted:

yeah they're supposed to be, but they're... sorta good imx. like so bad they're good

kind of like mass effect andromeda.

Rabid Snake
Aug 6, 2004

Random rear end in a top hat posted:

I am currently playing it. My take: it's not great. The jetjump is sort of fun and I'm really happy to be unshackled from linear shooter corridors... but predictably the actual shooting gameplay is much worse when that's the case.

That's the nicest thing I can say about it, everything else - writing, animations, pacing - is a straight downgrade from ME3, which is genuinely baffling to me. Like, seriously, what happened?

I'm not liking the feel of the starting guns EXCEPT for the pistol to be honest. I hope it gets remedied though when you get access to more guns.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Turtlicious posted:

I would just be using the same gifs you're using, which is dumb.

Like in this image, I could draw a line over his eyes / eye brows, and they don't move at all. They just match what you're used too more, and have a better angle to hide it.

what game is that?

Ragingsheep
Nov 7, 2009

DoctorGonzo posted:

what game is that?

Dragon Age Inquisition I think.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
I don't know what it is, maybe there is something wrong with me. I'm watching the streams and reading the reviews and...I just cannot think the game is bad. Beyond the animation twitches, I'm legit invested in the story and characters. People keep pointing out these supposedly dire make-or-break issues and I just think..."uh, that's not so bad. What's wrong with that?" I still think the game looks good.

What...what do I do?

monster on a stick posted:

One of them ragged on the animation of someone using her omnitool without looking at it, because as we all know it's impossible to use a keyboard without looking at each key as you are pressing it.
You know what it is? I actually figured it out. It's like hearing the posts in this thread out loud for hour after hour.

:gonk:

Seriously though, they kept going on about "I thought they were escaping the Reapers? They should've been escaping the Reapers. This would've been better if they were escaping the Reapers" and I kinda had a holy poo poo moment.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Turtlicious posted:

Ciri was supposed to be sad in that scene?

Christ.

No you loving moron.

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

Orv posted:

MP GOOD

SP BAD

OOK OOK AAH OOK

Very astute, thank you Review Monkey. *tosses banana*

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

gmq posted:

Oh boy, I'm not very good with the hardware part of computers. It looks clean but how do I make sure it has a heatsink attached?

:popeye:

Take it to someone who does know I guess. I also have a 3770K and I don't get nearly that hot.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

DrNutt posted:

I bet I'll enjoy the game but it's pretty loving noteworthy that a AAA title in 2017 has such utter trash animation quality going on. Like, look at that Krogan gif. What the gently caress is even going on there, between the weird exploding bottle on the table, to the invisible chair, to WHATEVER the gently caress is going on in the mind of the woman who just smashed a bottle on a Krogan's face. What the gently caress?

I've said it before but I'll say it again. This is all poo poo from the promo material EA specifically said people could show and talk about. From the start of the game where they're going to have put the most polish into to make sure the game looks good at release. Some people have said the story picks up but I'll bet the number of glitches and wonkiness also picks up the further into the game you get.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

BrianWilly posted:

I don't know what it is, maybe there is something wrong with me. I'm watching the streams and reading the reviews and...I just cannot think the game is bad. Beyond the animation twitches, I'm legit invested in the story and characters. People keep pointing out these supposedly dire make-or-break issues and I just think..."uh, that's not so bad. What's wrong with that?" I still think the game looks good.

What...what do I do?
You know what it is? I actually figured it out. It's like hearing the posts in this thread out loud for hour after hour.

:gonk:

Seriously though, they kept going on about "I thought they were escaping the Reapers? They should've been escaping the Reapers. This would've been better if they were escaping the Reapers" and I kinda had a holy poo poo moment.

feel secure in your own opinions and not let peer pressure control you?

Rabid Snake
Aug 6, 2004

Playing, I just realized the Indian dude from Big Bang theory is voicing one of the aliens.

His voice acting is so bad

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

To me, that looks as though a good thing should look

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

BrianWilly posted:

What...what do I do?

Almost none of the people criticizing the game are using their own gifs, all of them are from twitter or twitch. Many of it's biggest critics said they cancelled their pre-order.

DoctorGonzo posted:

No you loving moron.

Wow, I'm glad to see your being rational about all of this, instead of a raging dick for someone disagreeing with you.

Cowcaster posted:

feel secure in your own opinions and not let peer pressure control you?

Seriously, don't let people who haven't even played the game tell you how to think about the game you've played.

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

BrianWilly posted:

What...what do I do?

Buy it?

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

BrianWilly posted:

Think of people reacting the way you did here, only they're watching the game. That's how it is.

I am going to get this game at some point, but it is now way down my list of things to play. I go through games pretty slowly now so I hope it will be $20 by the time I get around to it. It's fine if you enjoy the game. I enjoyed DA: I even though a lot of things didn't make sense. However I would have preferred the sort of wild-rear end ride that ME was.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

they are having secc?

Good Dumplings
Mar 30, 2011

DoctorGonzo posted:

No you loving moron.

you see he's only pretending to be a moron to feel superior (???). you've just played forums pvp and lost

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

Rabid Snake posted:

Playing, I just realized the Indian dude from Big Bang theory is voicing one of the aliens.

Is that the extra snooty Salarian of the Initiative? I'm go back to forgeting this is some "minor celebrity voice" and remember one that was actually better, like Bull.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Random rear end in a top hat posted:

Like, seriously, what happened?

Part of it seems to be that the Frostbite tech they're using just isn't up to 2017 standards (Aloy blows any single character in this game out of the water, and it's not like the HZD engine doesn't struggle with convincing facial animations in places), but I'd put a lot of money on the rest of it simply being an inexperienced team using unfamiliar tools.

Rabid Snake
Aug 6, 2004

Crabtree posted:

Is that the extra snooty Salarian of the Initiative? I'm go back to forgeting this is some "minor celebrity voice" and remember one that was actually better, like Bull.

Yeah he's the Salarian you meet when you get to the nexus

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Rabid Snake posted:

i thought he was from the HBO show. whatever. same difference.

so at this point can any of the technical stuff be fixed? i assume a decent amount can be patched at least.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Good Dumplings posted:

you see he's only pretending to be a moron to feel superior (???). you've just played forums pvp and lost

I guess this is easier for you, then for you to believe I have different opinions than you.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

BrianWilly posted:

My suggestion is to get an appointment with an optometrist.

lazorexplosion
Mar 19, 2016

OK I'm back on board this is going to be great.

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin

Scott Forstall posted:

lol at goons interpreting emotions

I Literally can't empathise with any character that is not a cartoon animal hth

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

I am, of course, going to take the best of all possible options: wait for this game to go on sale a year down the line and enjoy all of the weird glitched moments people post on YouTube in the meantime.