Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Kurieg posted:

Origin refunds say X hours from when you first start up the game.

TastyLemonDrops posted:

I actually looked that up while chatting with the service rep because I thought it was dumb that he couldn't give me the credit. It turns out that: Refund requests can be made within 24 hours after you first launch the game, within seven days from your date of purchase, or within seven days from the game's release date if you pre-ordered, whichever comes first.

So basically never pre-order games ever.

EDIT: Also they charged my card like a week ago.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

ALEC'S NAMELESS WIFE: "There's no cure Alec, it's terminal"

ALEC: "Not on my watch."

monster on a stick
Apr 29, 2013

BrianWilly posted:

I'm sorry but I genuinely, unironically prefer the derpy sad Sarah face to that over-airbrushed model.

The animations have some legit problems, but I don't know what problems people are having with the writing or story. The GiantBomb guys in particular are being really pedantic and dense from what I've seen.

"So you have a computer in your head?? Whaaaaat??????"
"I know right? Right?? I know! Like I dunno man! Isn't that dumb????"

One of them ragged on the animation of someone using her omnitool without looking at it, because as we all know it's impossible to use a keyboard without looking at each key as you are pressing it.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
Is everyone who has the trial in Euro land or VPNing or something? Sorry this thread moves fast what with all the obnoxious shitposting.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters
The fun thing is, I preordered less than seven days ago and it still doesn't show as a valid option on the Great Game Guarantee refund page they have set up for such.

So even if you have played by the rules you still have to talk to an EA Rep to process the refund. Because gently caress you that's why.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

DrNutt posted:

Is everyone who has the trial in Euro land or VPNing or something? Sorry this thread moves fast what with all the obnoxious shitposting.

It went live at 5:30 EST i think

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

Arglebargle III posted:

Is this loving real

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

Arglebargle III posted:

*Guitar Riff; Alec burns out on a sweet Harley*

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

2017:

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

monster on a stick posted:

One of them ragged on the animation of someone using her omnitool without looking at it, because as we all know it's impossible to use a keyboard without looking at each key as you are pressing it.

In some of the old games it felt like the omnitool was inferred to be displaying data while the character looked elsewhere and commented on it while mashing their arm. Unless they do have a HUD installed inside their brain and I missed that.

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

PCGamer posted:

Tim: Guys, someone talk to me about the checkpoint system. When you die in combat, it will routinely make you repeat a couple of minutes worth of scanning or whatever to re-trigger the combat sequence. How in the name of all the stars in space did that make it through testing. It’s utterly onerous, and like so much of what I’ve seen in these first few hours, feels like it’s been beamed in from a game years ago. Which I guess maybe it has.

Tyler: OK, yeah, that’s bad. I’ve started manually saving before combat.

James: Always be saving, always be flirting. Still waiting on that good, good alien love-making by the way. I anticipate a lot of waiting too, because Andromeda feels like a huge, incomprehensible mess right now. And I think that’s why I still find it so fascinating. It’s an ambitious thing that has been far more disappointing than surprising so far.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

The whole article is worth a read. Even the one guy that isn't completely panning it damns it with faint praise.

http://www.pcgamer.com/we-have-mixed-feelings-about-the-first-few-hours-of-mass-effect-andromeda/

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

please do not post actual game reviewers critiquing mass effect andromeda negatively cams will be sad

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...

Cowcaster posted:

please do not post actual game reviewers critiquing mass effect andromeda negatively cams will be sad

cams is singlehandedly convincing me that the :tinfoil: guy from earlier talking about paid bioware plants wasnt so crazy after all!!!!

black.lion
Apr 1, 2004

For if he like a madman lived,
At least he like a wise one died.

Anyone playing the trial on a GTX970? FPS?

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Clawtopsy posted:

cams is singlehandedly convincing me that the :tinfoil: guy from earlier talking about paid bioware plants wasnt so crazy after all!!!!

They definitely hire viral marketers. Everyone does that.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Guy in multiplayer just now "why is everyone level one for some reason?" :psyduck:

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Cowcaster posted:

It went live at 5:30 EST i think

Huh. Still not available for me. Weird.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

marshmallow creep posted:

Guy in multiplayer just now "why is everyone level one for some reason?" :psyduck:

games been downloadable for almost three and a half hours now you should be at the level cap already

DrNutt posted:

some people were having trouble getting origin to display the button, i think restarting it fixed it?

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

Huge MMO environments confirmed. This is the bridge on the Nexus or something.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

marshmallow creep posted:

I'm not gonna be able to play until tomorrow so i cannot wait to get screamed at for not knowing what i'm doing

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Funky See Funky Do posted:

The whole article is worth a read. Even the one guy that isn't completely panning it damns it with faint praise.

http://www.pcgamer.com/we-have-mixed-feelings-about-the-first-few-hours-of-mass-effect-andromeda/

quote:

At one point I ran a group of Kett over in the Nomad and Ryder shouted out triumphantly: “Speedbump!” Ugh, ugh, ugh.

Sorry but that owns?

Did no one enjoy the "MMMM bandits" and "looks like my in laws" from Two Worlds? poo poo owns.

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

Clawtopsy posted:

Cams jumps between this and the For Honor thread randomly insulting people for attention. For all his sneering at people here, in the latter thread he posted a multi-paragraph jerkoff screed about what a badass player he was and how the code of honor is serious business for pros. Just ignore him.

black.lion
Apr 1, 2004

DrNutt posted:

On the store page, click the version you pre-ordered (if you pre-ordered) to make the "Download Trial" button appear on the right side. Like if you preordered deluxe, you have to click deluxe to see the button. I had to restart Origin to make it come up, check my post history for more deets.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

DrNutt posted:

On the store page, click the version that you ordered and scroll down a little and look for the "Download trial" button. I missed it for a while too

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Ainsley McTree posted:

On the store page, click the version that you ordered and scroll down a little and look for the "refund" button. I missed it for a while too

Utnayan
Sep 26, 2002
PROUD MEMBER OF THE RAPIST DEFENSE BRIGADE! DO NOT BE MEAN TO RAPISTS, OR I WILL VOTE FOR THEM WITH EVER INCREASING VIGOR!

JBP posted:

They definitely hire viral marketers. Everyone does that.

Sheesh thank you. Finally a diamond in the rough. :)

Apraxin
Feb 22, 2006

General-Admiral
On the other hand, from right before that:

quote:

As much as we’re criticizing it here, I’m enjoying the game, really. It’s this huge construct of characters and combat and to-do lists and each part can be picked to death by even the softest critical eye, but I still enjoy existing in the world and waiting for the little moments of humor (when it actually lands and isn’t stupid) that attach me to these characters. Maybe I’m just more forgiving than Tim, but I think if we went back to Mass Effect 3, or Mass Effect 2, or even Mass Effect, we could apply a lot of the same criticisms—and we still like those games.
...and the end is two of them agreeing that they're having fun playing it.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Generic Monk posted:

does anyone actually enjoy collectables/crafting systems in AAA games? in 99% of implementations it just seems like a low-effort feature to pad length. the last one i liked was fallout 4 iirc and that's probably only because my brain's slightly broken

I'm slightly more lenient on crafting because while it can feel like padding length I think part of the reason it's so common is that it encourages people to experience as many different areas and monster types as possible. And it can be a good way to add variety and options to a gear system so that it's not just based on finding loot or having to buy things. Honestly I find saving up and buying things in a game really boring. It's so unimaginative and it just mirrors real life too much.

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
Games journalism, more like games GERMalism

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

please tell me where i can date this cute boy
what's up with like every reviewer playing dark skinned women with pink hair

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Arglebargle III posted:

What the gently caress.

I was supposed to be shitposting not clairvoyant!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8XMGpwLckp4

Ohtsam
Feb 5, 2010

Not this shit again.

Utnayan posted:

Sheesh thank you. Finally a diamond in the rough. :)

Are you one they hire to poo poo on a product? I only ever see you bashing something in games.

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

Cowcaster posted:

remember that guy who said REAL sites like Kotaku and Polygon loved it

fuckin lol

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...
i'm not saying viral marketers dont exist but aren't they usually hired by kotaku and called 'games reviewers'

also i would more expect them to be on 4chan or something with a presumably larger readerbase than known bright star of the internet forums dot something awful dot com

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

Lobok posted:

Honestly I find saving up and buying things in a game really boring. It's so unimaginative and it just mirrors real life too much.

Crafting is exactly the same thing except you're saving up currency with a different icon and adding a few extra points of clicking before your purchase.

black.lion
Apr 1, 2004

Funky See Funky Do posted:

Crafting is exactly the same thing except you're saving up currency with a different icon and adding a few extra points of clicking before your purchase.

All games are the same thing it's just pressing buttons for pixels to blink a bit just go play snek on a nokia

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde

Dr. Abysmal posted:

Unfortunately this is just a lady browsing menus and not playing at all
They were taking a break, got back to streaming. She got sync killed in wave 7 of a bronze match :getin:

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Clawtopsy posted:

i'm not saying viral marketers dont exist but aren't they usually hired by kotaku and called 'games reviewers'

also i would more expect them to be on 4chan or something with a presumably larger readerbase than known bright star of the internet forums dot something awful dot com

SA is still a popular forum. If I was a games publisher it would be on my radar enough to warrant getting some posts up, but yeah you'd be sending the shills to reddit and 4chan pronto.

e: I think I missed the thing about Kotaku getting paid to review or whatever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

If you were guys were wondering if Banshees had a sequel, it's called Ascendant.