Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I never played a warham game other than that waterdeep boardgame. That was pretty fun. I'm not into roleplaying a bigender darkdwarf archer or whatever while rolling dice and drinking code red, though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
wargaming≠roleplaying, though theyre both nerdy as gently caress

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!
I played D&D once before, and it was actually a lot of fun. My buddy who was running the show tailored the scenario to the crowd. The game is really quite free-form, so instead of being wide open throttle sperg, it was actually a very funny and raunchy story. We had a good old-fashioned bar fight, one dude killed an enemy with his dick, and instead of fighting the dragon at the end of the dungeon, our guy seduced it while everybody else made off with the loot. It was a surprisingly good time. I guess it really depends on who you're playing with.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

shitballs

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

subterfudge
Aug 5, 2015
Full Throttle Remaster comes out April 18.

https://www.gog.com/game/full_throttle_remastered

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

back to the nintendo talk, but they're doing a good job with the mobile front

fire emblem heroes is a free to play advanced wars on my phone and i play a shitload of it

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

back to the nintendo talk, but they're doing a good job with the mobile front

fire emblem heroes is a free to play advanced wars on my phone and i play a shitload of it

When is Mario Run coming to Android?

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

anime lover spotted

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

i just really like simple RPS strategy games

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this
The VR missions in mgs2 can get hosed. I'm stuck on the final sniping mission and the controls are such poo poo and there's no strategy beyond git gud. This and beating the game on extreme are the last two things keeping me from a platinum trophy.

Maybe I should take a break and do something else for a while

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Fart Sandwiches posted:

The VR missions in mgs2 can get hosed. I'm stuck on the final sniping mission and the controls are such poo poo and there's no strategy beyond git gud. This and beating the game on extreme are the last two things keeping me from a platinum trophy.

Maybe I should take a break and do something else for a while

what are you playing on? if its vita just walk away, the controls for mgs2 p. much sucked

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

what are you playing on? if its vita just walk away, the controls for mgs2 p. much sucked

Vita :negative:

I can TRANSFARR to the PS3 version but I'm a little gunshy on that because I got the platinum trophy on MGS3 and the save transfer hosed up somehow and it didn't give me all the trophies. I can do everything else except this sniping mission so I'll wait till it's literally the last (well there's 2 missions after it but still) thing to do before plat and then transfer to ps3 for slightly better controls and bigger screen.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Started a new GR save with a female character and the voice actress is horribly flat in her delivery. Through the one liners she just sounds so bored.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Torment loving owns. I just mind raped a cult into believing I am their God.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Fart Sandwiches posted:

Vita :negative:

I can TRANSFARR to the PS3 version but I'm a little gunshy on that because I got the platinum trophy on MGS3 and the save transfer hosed up somehow and it didn't give me all the trophies. I can do everything else except this sniping mission so I'll wait till it's literally the last (well there's 2 missions after it but still) thing to do before plat and then transfer to ps3 for slightly better controls and bigger screen.

yeah i got to the Ray battle and quit, controls sucked for that part.

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
I played the gently caress out of MGS2 when it came out and somehow love it in spite of the poo poo controls. I don't think I'd touch it if I'd never tried it before and someone tried to get me to play it right now.

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

Mike-o posted:

I played the gently caress out of MGS2 when it came out and somehow love it in spite of the poo poo controls. I don't think I'd touch it if I'd never tried it before and someone tried to get me to play it right now.

MGS2 owns. But I haven't played it in years.

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer

Nostalgia4Murder posted:

MGS2 owns. But I haven't played it in years.

Same. I'm planning on going through the whole series again. I really need to play the versions of Metal Gear 1 & 2 on the MGS3 Subsistence disc. I've never played more than like a little bit into the first Metal Gear. I've also got the US made Snake's Revenge on NES :unsmigghh:

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
Also gently caress like one of the only versions of Metal Gear games I don't have is Metal Gear Ghost Babel on Gameboy.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

Two Finger posted:

Torment loving owns. I just mind raped a cult into believing I am their God.

God damnit. I want to wait till it's on sale to buy it. Shut up shut up shut up!

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

All I remember about the metal gear on NES, was that little kid me sucked at it.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING
Anyone playing Nier 2? Goons seem to love it but it looks like weeb poo poo and goons are dumb as hell about that crap.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

Anyone playing Nier 2? Goons seem to love it but it looks like weeb poo poo and goons are dumb as hell about that crap.

I don't trust goons but Nier is getting hella praise.

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
nier is pretty much anime: the game. i rented the first one based on all the online praise it got, and it was an incomprehensible mess of stupid bullshit and awful gameplay. the new one is made by platinum, and they allegedly make good games according to some. i happen to disagree, but if stylish anime videogames are your bag, then go nuts

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

ded posted:

God damnit. I want to wait till it's on sale to buy it. Shut up shut up shut up!

If you like reading it's good. I got through the first 12 hours with like 3 fights.

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

yeah i got to the Ray battle and quit, controls sucked for that part.

Doing all the VR missions made me really good at the game. It's just sniping is that goddamn hard with all the moving targets. When I get to the Extreme Ray battle I'll see how far my patience takes me.

Also I have Ghost Babel and it is actually really good.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

MGS3 survived the Vita port much much better control wise imo

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

I haven't played MGS3 :ohdear:

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Nostalgia4Murder posted:

All I remember about the metal gear on NES, was that little kid me sucked at it.
That game is complicated even as an adult.

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer

Nostalgia4Murder posted:

I haven't played MGS3 :ohdear:

You need to rectify that. It's honestly still my favorite of the series. Gameplay wise V is always going to blow the rest out of the water, but 3 is still loving awesome, especially because of the plot and over the top metal gear poo poo.

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

Mike-o posted:

You need to rectify that. It's honestly still my favorite of the series. Gameplay wise V is always going to blow the rest out of the water, but 3 is still loving awesome, especially because of the plot and over the top metal gear poo poo.

What are the odds on the old ones getting released on PS4?

bengy81
May 8, 2010
I'm about halfway through 5 and it's so good. Pretty sure I'm gonna have to play the rest of them after I'm done, as I've only played the first way back in the day.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Nostalgia4Murder posted:

not a whole lot now that konami poo poo itself retarded

you can get the PS3 or 360 collection, which comes with MG1, MG2, MGS2, MGS3, and Peace Walker (!!!!!) for cheap these days. It's worth it just to be able to play Peace Walker with a normal controller

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer

Nostalgia4Murder posted:

Probably zero after they kicked Kojima out, and then they went full "gently caress you" mode. The only thing Konami is doing with any of their intellectual property is loving themed pachinko machines and mobile games, along with some bullshit cash grab zombie survivial game with the metal gear name slapped on the cover.

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

not a whole lot now that konami poo poo itself retarded

you can get the PS3 or 360 collection, which comes with MG1, MG2, MGS2, MGS3, and Peace Walker (!!!!!) for cheap these days. It's worth it just to be able to play Peace Walker with a normal controller

Yeah this get a PS3 if you don't have one so you can buy The Legacy Collection.

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006
Seriously, shut the fuck up.

:dukedog:
Every once in a while I remember that they ported MGS3 to the 3DS, and I can only imagine how poorly it plays.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

A Bad Poster posted:

Every once in a while I remember that they ported MGS3 to the 3DS, and I can only imagine how poorly it plays.

supposedly it fuckin owns

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
I've got it and it plays surprisingly well (if you have the circle pad pro or the newer DS that comes with an extra analog stick). Still not as good as on a PlayStation controller though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
pretty sure a low effort port of the older mgs titles to current gen is actually cheap and easy enough to be right up konamis alley nowadays