Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012

Skwirl posted:

I think it's more in the realm that Swiss Army Man got made because Daniel Radcliffe wanted to be involved, Emma Watson might have less ability to just point at a weird thing and say "I wanna be in that" and then money appears out of the ether.

I find it hard 2 believe there aren't many indie movies that would like to have Emma Watson attached

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Hat Thoughts posted:

I find it hard 2 believe there aren't many indie movies that would like to have Emma Watson attached

If there's something already in production Emma Watson being interested could add an extra zero to the budget, but a movie that's going nowhere might not be helped by her interest. There's also the issue of the lack of weird parts for female characters. No one writes the farting corpse as a woman. Aubrey Plaza has a cool and weird part on Legion, but it was originally written for a middle aged man.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Emma Watson could have been in La La Land but chose Beauty and the Beast. She's boring as hell, why would we even expect her to want to do cool indie stuff

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Vegetable posted:

Emma Watson could have been in La La Land but chose Beauty and the Beast. She's boring as hell, why would we even expect her to want to do cool indie stuff

She passed up a musical to be in a different musical.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

She wanted to be a movie that can be filmed in London.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
Emma Watson also does a lot of charity work, I think

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Skwirl posted:

She passed up a musical to be in a different musical.
Come on does it really need to be explained how La La Land would have been different from Beauty and the Beast, you're not this thick

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Vegetable posted:

Come on does it really need to be explained how La La Land would have been different from Beauty and the Beast, you're not this thick

The only real difference is it gets her dumb Indy cred which is useless unless you are a fan of that scene.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Vegetable posted:

Kinda, I swapped "boring musical" for "musical" twice in my post in an effort to not be inflammatory.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
What are people even talking about right now? That Emma Watson, who since Harry Potter has starred in multiple small movies, been a UN ambassador or something, and is starring in a big-budget Disney movie, has been denied her true heart's desire to be in a bunch of low budget weird stuff? What are you guys basing that on?

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Guy Goodbody posted:

What are people even talking about right now? That Emma Watson, who since Harry Potter has starred in multiple small movies, been a UN ambassador or something, and is starring in a big-budget Disney movie, has been denied her true heart's desire to be in a bunch of low budget weird stuff? What are you guys basing that on?

In a weird twist no one is actually interested in what Emma wants. Just what she should do.

value-brand cereal
May 2, 2008

Is there a thread for this beast watson movie? Because I would like to trash her dress and how she hosed up her dress and other things. I did check two pages back but found nothing.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

CharlestheHammer posted:

In a weird twist no one is actually interested in what Emma wants. Just what she should do.

That her most transgressive film is The Bling Ring, which I first found out about as a trailer in front of Spring Breakers, is sort of the whole issue.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
But what has Rupert Hrint been up to?

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Last I heard he was selling ice cream

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

He was in the terrible Moonwalkers 1 / 2 years ago. Not even Ron Perlman could save that one.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Mr. Squishy posted:

But what has Rupert Hrint been up to?

Snatch TV series.

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

Guy Goodbody posted:

It's not Saoirse Ronan was ever in anything huge.

She was the sole lead in Brooklyn, which was nominated for an Oscar for Best Picture last year. Not that it actually matters, except for the fact that it was a legitimately great movie, and she was excellent in it.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

The MSJ posted:

And another one of these types.

Is that an A loving a K in the missionary position? Is that what they had to resort to for a "cool" logo?

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Uh, it's a crown

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
I'm pretty sure that's alphabet sex.

Calamity Brain
Jan 27, 2011

California Dreamin'

If it was missionary they'd both be sideways, no?

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

feedmyleg posted:

Though I suppose the earlier discussion rings true. When's the last time a female child actor was able to go on to a particularly interesting film career that wasn't just Generic Leading Lady in that same way?

Kristen Stewart

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

DetoxP posted:

If it was missionary they'd both be sideways, no?

The A is clearly riding the K

I don't know why this is so difficult

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Radcliffe is the only one who can actually act.

rawillkill
Aug 15, 2009

Emma Watson is what runs trivia teams.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

That movie apparently blows. What a waste of talent

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

If I were in congress I'd introduce a bill requiring Christian bale to always have that moustache forever

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming

feedmyleg posted:

Elijah Wood and Daniel Radcliffe both have free passes for life from me based on where they decided to go with their careers after their big franchises. I mean, the creep in Eternal Sunshine? The serial killer in Sin City? The crazy stoner loser in Wilfred? DTV heist movie with Nic Cage? I'm down for them all. gently caress yeah Elijah.

Grand Piano deserves a minor cult following

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:

morestuff posted:

Grand Piano deserves a minor cult following

It's pretty and 70 minutes long.

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming

Dissapointed Owl posted:

It's pretty and 70 minutes long.

Script by Damien Chazelle!

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:

morestuff posted:

Script by Damien Chazelle!

Holy crap, he also wrote The Last Exorcism Part II.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

drat, Christian Bale's really upped his transformation game for movie roles. Check out how he fills that dress.

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Dissapointed Owl posted:

Holy crap, he also wrote The Last Exorcism Part II.

His writing only credits are much better than his directing credits IMO, and I did like Whiplash pretty well.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Vegetable posted:

That movie apparently blows. What a waste of talent

Has Christian Bale done any westerns? That looks like good Tombstone remake facial hair.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

He was in the 3:10 to Yuma remake, but he only had the grizzle going.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

ruddiger posted:

He was in the 3:10 to Yuma remake, but he only had the grizzle going.

That wasn't a bad movie. too much action, but I suppose that was unavoidable with a remake like that

RaspberrySea
Nov 29, 2004

value-brand cereal posted:

Is there a thread for this beast watson movie? Because I would like to trash her dress and how she hosed up her dress and other things. I did check two pages back but found nothing.

I would like to hear about bad dress.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Is it yellow or blue?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jam With Seeds
Dec 20, 2008

Waffleman_ posted:

Is it yellow or blue?

They did that one already.