Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

baram. posted:

a pro controller is good but i don't think i'd drive more than maybe 30 miles for one.
after using mine I can safely say I would happily drive more than 30 miles to grab one

bought

Music Theory posted:

I want an amiibo of the atomic purple N64 controller, and I want it to give you an atomic purple system menu them
man that'd be rad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Vikar Jerome posted:

how the gently caress are people just randomly modding their switches and cons so soon after release and having them look like they were always there. i feel like i missed some great recent technological advancement or something.

3d printing probably

he probably took the joycon apart, and either printed a new face plate and installed a dpad to the pcb or he's really good at cutting a dpad shape out of the existing faceplate idk.

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

Real hurthling! posted:

3d printing probably

he probably took the joycon apart, and either printed a new face plate and installed a dpad to the pcb or he's really good at cutting a dpad shape out of the existing faceplate idk.

the second one, he was talking about dremeling out the faceplate of the existing one

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Dr. VooDoo posted:

I think the best thing about the food recipes in BotW is that they don't feel weird or arbitrary. The dishes that come from ingredients make sense and I've discovered recipes just by knowing how real dishes are made and that's pretty cool

The entire game is like this and it's really cool. My girlfriend enjoyed watching me play and helping out because everything is logic based and makes sense even if you're not steeped in videogame logic. Even the puzzles are physics based instead of "push this arbitrary block".

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

gently caress gently caress gently caress

Was sneaking up on some horses, had used some food to be extra sneaky. Got right up to them and as I'm about to jump onto one two of the big chochubu things jump out of the ground and gently caress up the whole plan

:argh:

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

FireMrshlBill
Aug 13, 2006

LEMME SHOW YOU SOMETHING!!!
Thanks for the seizure

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Let me tell you about true luxury.

What is that?

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Mega man something something

Winifred Madgers
Feb 12, 2002

I don't have a Switch or Zelda yet but if the game doesn't tell me "Shrine Get!" every time I complete one then I'm not sure how it can be GOTY.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

turn left hillary!! noo posted:

I don't have a Switch or Zelda yet but if the game doesn't tell me "Shrine Get!" every time I complete one then I'm not sure how it can be GOTY.

You can shout it out yourself.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Is one supposed to be bigger than the other?

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

bowmore posted:

Is one supposed to be bigger than the other?

Typically a little bit.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

i'm contacting the esrb

Erata
May 11, 2009
Lipstick Apathy

The Legend of Zelda and the Walls of Jericho DLC lookin good.

Chilled Milk
Jun 22, 2003

No one here is alone,
satellites in every home

MarcusSA posted:

Mega man something something

megaman is 20XX, clearly this is an Earthbound Trilogy announcement.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

General Morden
Mar 3, 2013

GOTTA HAVE THAT PAX BISONICA
is $340 a reasonable price to pay for this console

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

General Morden posted:

yeah it's pretty good

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

General Morden posted:

for just the console, presumably without tax because scalper? i’d say yeah

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

The Milkman posted:

megaman is 20XX, clearly this is an Earthbound Trilogy announcement.

Ah yes, the Adults Only earthbound collection, at last.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

Quidthulhu posted:

Ah yes, the Adults Only earthbound collection, at last.

There's a scene in mother 3 that could be interpreted as AO (though a stretch)

General Morden
Mar 3, 2013

GOTTA HAVE THAT PAX BISONICA

Ursine Catastrophe posted:

for just the console, presumably without tax because scalper? i’d say yeah

are they breaking even or making a profit

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

General Morden posted:

making $40 at most, which isn't much at all

GI_Clutch
Aug 22, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
Dinosaur Gum
Man, I got a really good bow I've never had before out of shrine chest. Of course, I immediately drop it so I can take a picture for the compendium. Too bad it slid off of the platform into lava. :(

And unrelated, but my issues with the Switch not wanting to output a signal when docked unless I unplug and replug the HDMI cable a few times was resolved by swapping in a different HDMI cable. I haven't had an issue in days now. Not sure if it's worth the hassle of bugging Nintendo about a cheapo HDMI cable though.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

I had a really awesome sword and then when I was trying to get to the tower surrounded by water and lily pads I got shocked by an enemy and my sword sank to the briny depths. It looked so sad down there :'(... (although I did fish it out again after ascending the tower).

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

GI_Clutch posted:

Man, I got a really good bow I've never had before out of shrine chest. Of course, I immediately drop it so I can take a picture for the compendium. Too bad it slid off of the platform into lava. :(

And unrelated, but my issues with the Switch not wanting to output a signal when docked unless I unplug and replug the HDMI cable a few times was resolved by swapping in a different HDMI cable. I haven't had an issue in days now. Not sure if it's worth the hassle of bugging Nintendo about a cheapo HDMI cable though.

Just reload your autosave. Not like shrines are all that hard once you figure them out.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

iajanus posted:

I had a really awesome sword and then when I was trying to get to the tower surrounded by water and lily pads I got shocked by an enemy and my sword sank to the briny depths. It looked so sad down there :'(... (although I did fish it out again after ascending the tower).

Magnesis, dude.
It's weird how your runes can solve almost every issue.

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!
Forget Atomic Purple, we need Joy-Con in the one true color: Indigo.

Protip
Sep 24, 2002

I am the Walrus.

If anyone in the Seattle area is looking to snag a Pro controller I see them as available on Amazon Prime Now.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Inzombiac posted:

Magnesis, dude.

That was my method, although it did take a bit because killing the zappy bastards was a challenge.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Inzombiac posted:

Magnesis, dude.

I always forget cryonis exists and get confused for a bit at how I'm supposed to reach an underwater chest that's far away

BambooEarpick
Sep 3, 2008
So, legit questions. Does anyone have an idea of when more systems are going to hit? It's sold out in about a 2000 mile radius from where I am.

FireMrshlBill
Aug 13, 2006

LEMME SHOW YOU SOMETHING!!!

General Morden posted:

The extra Switch I pre-ordered (ordered on Gamestop, then got one on Amazon with free shipping and extra points on my Amazon credit card, but kept Gamestop as a backup in case there was an issue with Amazon) cost me $333 after tax and shipping to get it day 1. So I sold it locally to a goon for $340. So if their case was similar with tax + shipping, it could be barely any profit ($7 in my case to drive 30 minutes from my house to meet someone, not worth the hour I had to work later that night and not spend with my family or playing Zelda).

But ya, if they purchased it locally, then just sales tax would put it around $315, so $25 profit.

If you are buying off of eBay, then they are losing money after PayPal and eBay fees.

In any way, they aren't making enough profit to benefit the time sink in selling it to put at scalper status. $340 is a fair price considering the current shortage.

FireMrshlBill fucked around with this message at 07:00 on Mar 16, 2017

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

GI_Clutch posted:

Equip the item you want a picture of and take a selfie.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

BambooEarpick posted:

So, legit questions. Does anyone have an idea of when more systems are going to hit? It's sold out in about a 2000 mile radius from where I am.

Nobody knows anything.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Healbot posted:

Equip the item you want a picture of and take a selfie.

Each one of my weapons is a picture of Link pointing to the sky, looking like a doof.

Makes it hard to search but whatever.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Lemming posted:

Nobody knows anything.

What about that guy's uncle who works at Nintendo?

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Do I gotta send in my left joycon to Nintendo for fixing or do I get some sort of credit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A FUCKIN CANARY!!
Nov 9, 2005

if only there was an easier way to take screenshots than pointing a camera at the tv

• Locked thread