Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

I'm 100% in on Charles going to Carolina and having 3 years of excellent game and a Super Bowl.

I man love Jamaal Charles.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

a neat cape posted:

Oh that's right.

Hahaha
McCoy wasn't a good head coach but is a good OC though.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Thinking about free agency this year, man do I wish they'd get rid of the franchise tag.

The guard market loving owned. Why? Because guards have the same tag number as tackles, so nobody ever franchises them, and look at that, a bunch of awesome as hell guards hit free agency and got giant money to go fix people's (Cleveland's) problems.

Or at least there should only be two numbers, QB and everyone else. If a player ain't elite pass rusher / CB / LT good, then don't loving franchise them.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

ozymandius1024 posted:

He's probably looking to stay away from cat mascots.

But seriously, come to Carolina.

Lmao does anyone have that photoshopped fantasy football ad of him and Roary?

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

pubic works project posted:

Lmao does anyone have that photoshopped fantasy football ad of him and Roary?

That was legit, not photoshopped, IIRC

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Intruder posted:

That was legit, not photoshopped, IIRC

Lmao nooooooo. I'm dying

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Eli Wiggum posted:

McCoy wasn't a good head coach but is a good OC though.

Yeah, I'm just laughing at him being loyal to the Human Concussion.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
Lol if you have anybody on ignore

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

shirts and skins posted:

Lol if you have anybody on ignore

I'm not sure why people always say this. It's like unfriending the really loving stupid people on Facebook, you know there's not going to be anything good attached to their name.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

I'm not sure why people always say this. It's like unfriending the really loving stupid people on Facebook, you know there's not going to be anything good attached to their name.

Avoiding people with opinions contrary to your own is a good way to end up in a weird bubble where you don't understand why everyone doesn't behave exactly like you and your friends.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Chichevache posted:

Avoiding people with opinions contrary to your own is a good way to end up in a weird bubble where you don't understand why everyone doesn't behave exactly like you and your friends.

I work in sales so I get enough of that exposure at work for 8-10 hours a day, I don't need any of that nonsense at home. Besides, no one learns anything from disingenuous alt-right concern trolls. Or Kawalimus.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

I work in sales

My condolences.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Chichevache posted:

My condolences.

Yeah it pays well but I have to get out of it, everyone is insane. I need one of those boring rear end regular office jobs everyone complains about.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Grittybeard posted:

If you want to shop your backup quarterback learn his goddamned name :mad:

If the Browns don't believe in Kessler and want a stopgap for a year I honestly think Chase would be as ok as anyone.

Ahaha I wonder how long I've been saying Daniels and people have been giving me that sidelong glance

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Diqnol posted:

Ahaha I wonder how long I've been saying Daniels and people have been giving me that sidelong glance

I think most everyone does it, us Mizzou fans just feel obligated to correct anyone who does.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Man Miami sticking to their guns

Bring me that giants DT. I've read enough I'm sold on him being the Randy Starks type steal

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
Eagles holding on to Kendricks & Kelce so we can trade up for Fournette right

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:
https://twitter.com/Vikings/status/842250966091075584

Fare thee well, Tay-train

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

The "it is your birthday." of free agent tweets

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Yooooooooo

It's a shame hes not with the Raiders anymore but drat but that isnt a sickass pickup

Aniki
Mar 21, 2001

Wouldn't fit...
I like the Murray signing. I don't expect him to replace Peterson on his own, but a running back by committee approach with McKinnon, Murray, and a draft pick would be solid. He's a good short yardage and goal line back, which was a big problem with Asiata last season, very good in pass protection, and a decent outlet receiver. As a runner he tends to take what the OL gives him and not much more, doesn't always pick the best rushing lanes, and isn't as a powerful as you'd expect for his frame. No one will confuse him with AD in his prime, but he can be an effective piece. I also like that by signing a power back, it opens them up to take the best available back in the draft and not feel compelled that they must draft a certain style of runner.

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:

Aniki posted:

I like the Murray signing. I don't expect him to replace Peterson on his own, but a running back by committee approach with McKinnon, Murray, and a draft pick would be solid. He's a good short yardage and goal line back, which was a big problem with Asiata last season, very good in pass protection, and a decent outlet receiver. As a runner he tends to take what the OL gives him and not much more, doesn't always pick the best rushing lanes, and isn't as a powerful as you'd expect for his frame. No one will confuse him with AD in his prime, but he can be an effective piece. I also like that by signing a power back, it opens them up to take the best available back in the draft and not feel compelled that they must draft a certain style of runner.

These pros and cons are spot on. He's actually developed into a good receiver but wasn't utilized in the passing game too much with our scat backs available. He also only lost a fumble once last year.

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

...no one learns anything from ... Kawalimus.

Hey pal, some of us like learning about birds here. Several months ago my parents visited my sister in LA and my mother posted a picture of a bird at a beach, asking if anybody knew what it was. I PM'd Kawalimus and he knew the answer right away.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

Chichevache posted:

People who do stupid gimmick postings have nothing worthwhile to contribute though. Parm, Kawalimus, GC. You don't even need to read their posts to know what they'll say.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

I don't think GC is a gimmick poster. I think he's just bad.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

People who do stupid gimmick postings have nothing worthwhile to contribute though. Parm, Kawalimus, GC. You don't even need to read their posts to know what they'll say.

Thank you for leaving me off the list.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Ehud posted:

I don't think GC is a gimmick poster. I think he's just bad.
Obnoxious, ridiculous, absurd. There is a list of what he is and none of it is good.

Its one thing to listen to what others have to say and being open minded; its another to inflict brain damage on yourself by reading bad posting.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
The Rams are supposed to announce the signings of Connor Barwin and Lance Dunbar today

Roasted Donut posted:

very good luck for the rams

Is he really that bad? We are really short on linebackers even with Robert Quinn moving to an outside spot and he seems like he would of been a good fill-in

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011
Jews fleeing the Holocaust are not in any way comparable to North Africans, who don't flee genocide but want to enjoy the social welfare systems of Northern Europe.
For some reason the Patriots still have about half the cap space they started free agency with (27m + 3-5m from restructuring/cutting Amendola) - wonder how they will spend all that money.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

That all may be true, but the reason these gimmick posts work so well is because they come from a place of truth. It isn't your truth and the fact that it upsets you so much that you feel the need to actively avoid it should worry you. Understanding why a problem exists is the only way to fix it.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

GaussianCopula posted:

For some reason the Patriots still have about half the cap space they started free agency with (27m + 3-5m from restructuring/cutting Amendola) - wonder how they will spend all that money.

They have a pretty good corner who could use a payday :argh:

Normally you have to save some amount (~5m iirc) for your draft picks but I think that's heavily top-weighted so without a 1st and 2nd they won't need to save as much.

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president

GaussianCopula posted:

They could let it roll into next year

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Blitz7x posted:

They could let it roll into next year

That is actually not a terrible idea considering next year the Brady/Jimmy G issue comes to a head (assuming he's not traded): Jimmy G is a free agent who is in line for an enormous payday next year. Brady's still under contract with a $22m cap hit and $14m dead cap if he's cut or traded (all signing bonus, so a trade gets no relief). If they want to keep Jimmy G, it's going to take a lot of cap space even if they don't keep Brady.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Chiefs had $6.5M in cap space yesterday.

They have $7.5M in cap space today.

What.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
https://twitter.com/RamsNFL/status/842401843753832449

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Sataere posted:

That all may be true, but the reason these gimmick posts work so well is because they come from a place of truth. It isn't your truth and the fact that it upsets you so much that you feel the need to actively avoid it should worry you. Understanding why a problem exists is the only way to fix it.

Are you loving serious? Troll Or trying to show us you took psyche classes?

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Kalli posted:

Thinking about free agency this year, man do I wish they'd get rid of the franchise tag.

The guard market loving owned. Why? Because guards have the same tag number as tackles, so nobody ever franchises them, and look at that, a bunch of awesome as hell guards hit free agency and got giant money to go fix people's (Cleveland's) problems.

Or at least there should only be two numbers, QB and everyone else. If a player ain't elite pass rusher / CB / LT good, then don't loving franchise them.

This is a beautiful shot at Miami failing to get a guard when we need two, so I approve

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

Kalli posted:

If you don't like seeing kickers franchised then you just hate football I guess.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Amy Pole Her posted:

This is a beautiful shot at Miami failing to get a guard when we need two, so I approve

All my posts are 8th dimensional chess attempts to take shots at the other AFC East teams.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

Kalli posted:

All my posts are 8th dimensional chess attempts to take shots at the other AFC East teams.

Sup

• Locked thread