Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
hire Norwegian Female we need more short haired girls

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

rovert posted:

Before everyone buries Ohno on NXT tonight know he did get the memo and has lost a lot of weight and started tanning.

This fuckin sucks dude

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

The_Rob posted:

I'm not even being ironic. Hero getting bigger has legit ruled and made his strikes look that much more devastating and his high flying moves look that much more impressive.

Seeing him do a step-up rana or somersault plancha at that size was always awesome as hell, every time

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Ealy brothers not only wrestling, but getting in offense :stare:

Did Vince randomly stop by the PC and notice their size?

E: OK so it was like 20 seconds of offense, but still.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

oatgan posted:

Also if you criticize Wes on twitter Gerry will block you

He just vanity searched his poo poo tier son's name https://twitter.com/Fgbrisco/status/842164947522056192

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
HEAVY MACHINERY HYPE VIDEO HELL YEAH

DeNomolos
Jan 10, 2013

mild mannered meatspin historian
I will never be able to buy the fisherman's neckbreaker as a finisher, but Cross is still so rad.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
I can't believe they're actually keeping Tommy End's Satanic gimmick

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Benne posted:

I can't believe they're actually keeping Tommy End's Satanic gimmick

It's 2017 baby and guess what. Satan is in!

DeNomolos
Jan 10, 2013

mild mannered meatspin historian
NOBODY BULLIES HOHO

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Somebody tell WWE that making Chris Hero wear a shirt just draws more attention to his gut. Just embrace it already.

TheHock
Jul 3, 2008

I have altered my retirement plans. Pray I do not alter them any further.
It just dawned on me why Authors of Pain are called Akam and Razar, and now I feel horrible.

Uhhlive
Jun 18, 2004

I'm not the public.
I'm the President

TheHock posted:

It just dawned on me why Authors of Pain are called Akam and Razar, and now I feel horrible.

Obviously.

TheHock
Jul 3, 2008

I have altered my retirement plans. Pray I do not alter them any further.
Fire Paul Ellering and bring in Nash to manage them on the main roster.

Thrifting Day!
Nov 25, 2006

Nice gesture to install a HHH statue in the Performance Center

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
That Asuka video package was really drat cool. Asuka rules.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

The_Rob posted:

First part of it felt like what they're going to start using to hype her on the main roster. I hope she beats the streak before she drops the belt.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

I expected Roode to win but I was surprised it was so clean and decisive. Was kind of expecting some kind of triple threat at the Takeover show, so that they'd have a back-up singles match option after Shane McMahon reveals Shinsuke Nakamura is his handpicked champion to face AJ Styles at Wrestlemania.

The_Rob posted:

Bray Wyatt says Sister Abigail is free and all of a sudden we get videos of Asuka chilling by the pool.... :tinfoil:

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle
this girl nikki is wrestling is jacked, god drat

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Jerusalem posted:

I expected Roode to win but I was surprised it was so clean and decisive.

Posted this in the spoilers thread after the tapings. YES Roode needed a strong win. But Roode is Terry Taylor's protege and Terry hates Ohno going back to his first FCW/NXT run. Ohno did ZERO favours to himself wearing a too tight white jersey in the match too.

Ohno long term will do fine but just because you don't hear about it and the women's division presents the idea of a meritocracy dont kid yourself lovely developmental politics still exist.

rovert fucked around with this message at 07:17 on Mar 16, 2017

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

shiksa posted:

this girl nikki is wrestling is jacked, god drat

Nikki really made things happen for herself the 18 months or so before she was signed. I've never encountered someone who concurrently improved their game across the board so quickly: her body, in ring and character work. Usually someone focuses on one of those but shuns the rest. That's a human impulse but Nikki was really determined.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

rovert posted:

Nikki really made things happen for herself the 18 months or so before she was signed. I've never encountered someone who concurrently improved their game across the board so quickly: her body, in ring and character work. Usually someone focuses on one of those but shuns the rest. That's a human impulse but Nikki was really determined.

oh yeah i mean nikki cross rules and im glad she's getting a spotlight on her but macy estrella or whatever her name was was like 6'0" and jacked like lady jobbers usually arent.

also lmao i mean im glad baroness is getting some money for wwe using their song, but that album's like two years old, i thought that sort of thing was for pumping up poo poo that just came out. the first band with the glam rock singer, hoooooly poo poo that was bad.

man ohno's dreamteam outfit rules a lot. sorry, just got home to watch now.

shiksa fucked around with this message at 07:38 on Mar 16, 2017

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Nikki Cross is unique because she's one of the few women wrestlers (in WWE history?) that WWE presents as not a model, or even an athlete like the Horsewomen and Asuka/Ember, but as a fighter, all pissed off and raring to kill someone.

Sure, you could write it off as "Lady Dean Ambrose," but how many women actually get the chance to play "Dean Ambrose?" Nikki's been killing it in this role, and I hope she gets to be a big deal sooner than later.

reach42
May 20, 2008

Satan is my lord
Bribe officials and kill goats
Hail Satan, Go Hawks
I still feel like they should've kept the name Chris Hero. He fuckin owns, though. Make him the white-hat version of Kevin Owens imo.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Benne posted:

Nikki Cross is unique because she's one of the few women wrestlers (in WWE history?) that WWE presents as not a model, or even an athlete like the Horsewomen and Asuka/Ember, but as a fighter, all pissed off and raring to kill someone.

Sure, you could write it off as "Lady Dean Ambrose," but how many women actually get the chance to play "Dean Ambrose?" Nikki's been killing it in this role, and I hope she gets to be a big deal sooner than later.

Oh ok

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

Maybe I'm not as good at deciphering your posts as others, but that pic shows me Nikki pinning a jobber with her hands on the face in disrespect, after hitting her finisher like 10 times in a row, like a pissed-off fighter. What am I missing?

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

Benne posted:

Maybe I'm not as good at deciphering your posts as others, but that pic shows me Nikki pinning a jobber with her hands on the face in disrespect, after hitting her finisher like 10 times in a row, like a pissed-off fighter. What am I missing?

nothing, nikki cross owns a lot and it's great that sanity is a vehicle for her because the alternate would be a vehicle for eric young and, bleh, eric young

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Weird, my name is also Norwegian Female.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
I really liked the Asuka/Ember promo package. It kinda showed that Ember got little to no character development time, but THE ASUKA REVOLUTION made up for it. I have high hopes for that match and I think it will deliver. Not that excited about Roode/Nakamura 2, though. There really isn't a feud there, it's just a delayed mandatory rematch, and I wish they'd have put Ohno over just so we could get a better matchup and booking possibilities.

Other than that, what do we have planned for Takeover? There's the three-way elimination tag title match, which should be good as long as AoP plays their role, whatever they're gonna do with Sanity/Assorted Job Squad (how will they beat the numbers game?), and an Alastair Black squash against some dummy. I've been out of the loop for a bit.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

ohno/nakamura would have owned, elbows and knees and all sorts of joint strikes.

ah, c'est la vie, bobby roode is gonna do his caw default moves and win again so nak can go to the main roster and fight aj because shane didn't actually say HE was aj's opponent at mania.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

Dias posted:

Sanity/Assorted Job Squad
That's a bit harsh on Tye, Jose and Roddy.

Norwegian Rudo
May 9, 2013

MotU posted:

hire Norwegian Female we need more short haired girls

Why are people making a thing of this? There were two of them, and they were both listed by both name and gimmicked name in the WWE.com article.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug

Norwegian Rudo posted:

Why are people making a thing of this? There were two of them, and they were both listed by both name and gimmicked name in the WWE.com article.

i didn't read the article i just saw a pretty girl w/ short hair being tweeted as Norwegian Female?????

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

super macho dude posted:

Io is also not leaving Stardom.

Someone hacked me.

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

Ohno's music is real good.

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Norwegian Rudo posted:

Juxtaposing named prospective talent in identical format with one that simply says "Norwegian Female" is funny.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Stale Saltines posted:

Ohno's music is real good.

Yeah they did a great job at recreating his Indy music while making it different.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pTNAC10cPes

Revenant Threshold
Jan 1, 2008

shiksa posted:

oh yeah i mean nikki cross rules and im glad she's getting a spotlight on her but macy estrella or whatever her name was was like 6'0" and jacked like lady jobbers usually arent.
Her entrance also reminded me of Dana's in the sense of spamming the taunt button, but she actually came off much more natural than Dana used to.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/SCsirens/status/842537429366071296

• Locked thread