Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text

Finagle posted:

For some reason I never played a ranger in POE before now. I started a Tornado Shot one this league and drat its fun as hell.

Up to merciless now though, and I'm occasionally getting my face punched in by bursts of damage.

Can someone tell me if I'm doing anything majorly wrong? I know that I need better gear with resists. I haven't gone down the poe.trade route yet, so all of my gear has been stuff I found.

Here's the build

Here's my character

This profile tab has been set to private or you the lack the permissions to view it.

tldr: cap resists

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zxqv8
Oct 21, 2010

Did somebody call about a Ravager problem?
I need a build #2 that can kill shaper.

Is there a non-meta build that's good for it? I can probably scrape up currency to buy howa stuff or something, but if there's something non-meta it might end up being vastly cheaper.

Fixit
Mar 27, 2010
Hi,
I just played my first Marauder and went with LiftingNerds 2H Cyclone Juggernaut build in the new League (I missed a few patches and leagues). I finished Cruel and am running maps now (Tier 1). I had a bit of trouble with Malachai and am wondering what I can do to the build to improve it. Here is the build. I essentially have everything the build requires; Kaom's, Belly of the Beast, enough res and life. My boots, helm, gloves, rings, and ammy are rare's. Are there any uniques I could get for cheap to help me farm maps and withstand bosses.
Thank you for the help.
(long time lurker first time posting in this thread)

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007
Poison Blade Vortex can do it on a pretty low budget, there's really nothing better for killing bosses. HoWA just has the advantage of killing all 4 guardians equally well. Poison BV can do Hydra/Chimera, but they are not nearly as easy as Minotaur/Phoenix.

Finagle
Feb 18, 2007

Looks like we have a neighsayer

Jusupov posted:

This profile tab has been set to private or you the lack the permissions to view it.

tldr: cap resists

Whoops. Fixed now. Sorry, didn't even realize that was a setting!

Ihmemies
Oct 6, 2012

zxqv8 posted:

Is there a non-meta build that's good for it? I can probably scrape up currency to buy howa stuff or something, but if there's something non-meta it might end up being vastly cheaper.

Maybe https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1842518

The guy claims it can kill shaper. 2 totems with double dip ignite dmg. Life based so gear is cheap. You can get the kit going with a few c's, only kaom's is expensive, 2-3ex or so.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

Salvor_Hardin posted:

Any thoughts on how to handle breaches as a pizzasticks inquisitor? I preload a couple totems but they just get overwhelmed and I pretty much have to stay outside the breach line just to survive.

get more cast speed then, and save your vaal disc for when you're about to get hosed. Don't recast the totems often unless they die and dont charge head first into a pack. Let the totems do the work. Try to have pots rolling and vaal haste.

zxqv8
Oct 21, 2010

Did somebody call about a Ravager problem?

Ihmemies posted:

Maybe https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1842518

The guy claims it can kill shaper. 2 totems with double dip ignite dmg. Life based so gear is cheap. You can get the kit going with a few c's, only kaom's is expensive, 2-3ex or so.

Hmm, I've already found two Oro's so I have a pair to 5 and 6L, so maybe this would work. Haven't done a warchief before.

Vapor Moon
Feb 24, 2010

Neato!
The Human Font

Fixit posted:

Hi,
I just played my first Marauder and went with LiftingNerds 2H Cyclone Juggernaut build in the new League (I missed a few patches and leagues). I finished Cruel and am running maps now (Tier 1). I had a bit of trouble with Malachai and am wondering what I can do to the build to improve it. Here is the build. I essentially have everything the build requires; Kaom's, Belly of the Beast, enough res and life. My boots, helm, gloves, rings, and ammy are rare's. Are there any uniques I could get for cheap to help me farm maps and withstand bosses.
Thank you for the help.
(long time lurker first time posting in this thread)

I'm also doing Cyclone with a very similar build except I'm Champion and not Jugg.
NupnupsCycloneLegacy

There's not much useful in the way of uniques for RT Cyclone outside of the weapon and flasks.

JawnV6
Jul 4, 2004

So hot ...

Olesh posted:

A lot of guides are deceptive about what it takes, unfortunately. The 100%/150% stone golem buff is practically mandatory once you swap to Blood Magic, not because it helps you survive, but because your stone golem exists to power your regen and self-cast SRS is hugely mana-intensive. 100 life/second doubled to 200/250 still isn't enough when you pop Flesh Offering, and once you switch to blood magic part of the reason you want to keep Vaal Clarity running all the time is, besides the damage/cast speed boost from having an extra aura, it also allows you to throw out a full load of SRS without running dry or delaying your ES regen, which is a tremendous quality of life buff that helps makes sure that you're regenning ES as often as possible.

Lots of small improvements, like the Vaal auras, turns out to be tremendous QoL buffs. I never ran in a group and I'm handling T10 maps with gear that isn't really that much better than what you're using, but even if it's not as much as would be ideal, an extra 100 or 200 ES here or there adds up. Having 5k ES saved me in situations where 4k ES wouldn't have been enough, and being able to pop Vaal Discipline/Vaal Haste and delete bosses quickly means that I can continue even though on paper I really ought to be having trouble progressing.

There are a lot of incremental upgrades I can see to get there from here on myself - a Shav's is the most obvious one, worth an extra 1k ES, but getting a good helmet could boost my ES by another 500-750, using a high ES shield instead of Prism Guardian could easily be worth 1k or more, etc, upgrading my Eye of Chayula, etc. It's just expense; do I want to continue to funnel currency into this character, or use it to bankroll a different build that I might enjoy more?

The gems you recommended last post were a huge QoL, finally got those in and stopped bottoming out on mana after 5 SRS casts. I upgraded a few other slots with <5c each including the blade to get to 3.2k ES and it's a lot more comfortable. I ran my first CI character last league, Vaal Disc was huge just for the "start regen NOW" aspect. I'll try to fill out the 2 I'm missing and increased duration next. Thanks again for all the advice, it's really nice to know further is possible at all.

The stone golem buff had 4 results on poe.trade when I was searching (late night PST). Two uniques in the multiple-ex range, one rare up there, and an un-priced white Hubris Circlet. That one's going to take me a while :v: I hit an awkward spot where I need +attributes on my jewelry slots, didn't want to shuffle everything around or use a +30 node just yet.

I kinda doubt I'll re-roll. This build's fun enough, when I have spell echo in the cast animation is like 2 frames.

Eezee
Apr 3, 2011

My double chin turned out to be a huge cyst

Finagle posted:

Whoops. Fixed now. Sorry, didn't even realize that was a setting!

Well, the gear is crap obviously, but you are only level 62, so it doesn't really matter.

You should be fine with getting rid of both mana flasks. You should deal enough damage that the spirit void cluster leeches enough mana. Get some utility flasks like Diamond, Jade or Silver in those slots. Also get instant life flasks (Seething Prefix), those will help you much more than the ones you have.

Fixit
Mar 27, 2010

FillInTheBlank posted:

I'm also doing Cyclone with a very similar build except I'm Champion and not Jugg.
NupnupsCycloneLegacy

There's not much useful in the way of uniques for RT Cyclone outside of the weapon and flasks.

Is that axe worth it? Can't tell it I put cyclone in the axe if it will stop using mana or if it is just applicable to normal attacks. Thought Koam's axe was good for culling strike.

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

What happens in the course of duty is up to you...
You don't put Cyclone in the axe, you put gems to support the Molten Burst it casts and keep Cyclone in your chest. As you cyclone around, it casts the burst due to the Melee Hits. [Edit] Guess I lost track of which Axe we were talking about, my bad.

Ultima66
Sep 2, 2008

Following on from my Tornado Shot Doomfletch Pathfinder last league, my current Tornado Shot Windripper character continues to be able to do just about everything. I just finished all the Guardians first try yesterday and will be doing Shaper at some point soonish I think. Not being CI is really dumb and bad seeing as how I got oneshot repeatedly by Minotaur and Chimera Adds (I ran those maps with some pretty rough damage mods because they happened to roll into them when I corrupted). Also, I can't really sustain potions nearly as well since I haven't picked up the flask nodes and have 3 resists instead of a flask mod on my belt.

Character is here: https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Ultima66/characters?characterName=MalaiseDotEnnui

I think I will get to Druidic Rite + Primal Spirit at 96 and stop leveling there. I can drop Vitality Void to free up a point too, and extra 1-2 points can go towards Ranger start damage nodes, 3 points can go to a jewel socket, and if I have 4 points free it can go to Phase Acro, depending on what level I actually end up getting to in the end.

And obviously the Ventors and Bisco's are MF gear. For actual content I wear this: http://imgur.com/qd8jxSy. IIR Gem swaps for Ele Focus or Increased Crit Strikes, though Increased Crit Damage might be a better general purpose gem. It doesn't really matter though because IIR is fine to use on all trash at all levels of content, with Ele Focus coming in for Guardians/Shaper.

Goals for gearing: Buy a Dying Sun when the price is more reasonable, get 4 prop jewels with %life rolls on them for all my jewel sockets, get lvl 21 Wrath/Added Lightning when the prices come down a bit, get a Starkonja's Head or well rolled Life + Accuracy + Resists evasion base hat with the same enchant, get a 6L Lightning Coil along with a replacement neck/quiver that has similar offensive stats but has lightning res instead of cold. Yeah the last two there are basically never happening because of general availability. Hyrri's Ire is also a consideration for chest since it's worth like half a gem link in the added cold damage, but it would kind of require me to spend 4 points on Phase Acro to get the most out of it and I wouldn't be willing to use it if I didn't have life on my hat.

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

Jusupov posted:

Did you give totems any resists and is your cast speed a billion?

110% cast speed increase and I have the +life and resist totem node active.

Fixit
Mar 27, 2010

DemonMage posted:

You don't put Cyclone in the axe, you put gems to support the Molten Burst it casts and keep Cyclone in your chest. As you cyclone around, it casts the burst due to the Melee Hits. [Edit] Guess I lost track of which Axe we were talking about, my bad.

Ohhh. I currently have cyclone in Koam's axe. I could re-socket Belly of the Beast but don't know if that is worth the investment. I basically want to use this character to build up some currency and build something end game, like ZiggyD's HOWA build.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

he was talking about a different axe

rath
Apr 25, 2005
I should be learning code instead of posting on the boards.
Fashionista exiles is there a better bow skin to replace Opus here?

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

zxqv8 posted:

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1800740

Blight CwC Vortex poisoner

I based my build off this guy's but didn't follow it exactly since it's a very 2.5 build with lots of increased Area stacking and I don't like following builds point for point anyway

Pros:
No one else is playing it, I'm pretty sure I'm the only one in the entire league because 3-line damage jewels are under 5c
Can kill literally everything in the game
Can facetank everything that isn't Shaper or his guardians

Cons:
Playstyle is almost identical to Blade Flurry CwC Blade Vortex, you're just a wizard instead of using attacks.
Now that Pyre got nerfed this build absolutely 100% requires a 6L chest for Cold to Fire gem and 6L Regalias are 4ex minimum, 6L Beast Furs (suggested by the build) start at 7. All of the other required items can be had for a grand total of 10c or less.
Vortex is bad as hell for Leech so you have to pay attention and move when you need to start ES recharge

Here's mine if you want to see my 2.6 changes but looking over it now I'm actually not far off from what he did, I just went down to scion instead of left to templar
https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/benh1987/characters
(RayRomanosDad)

deep dish peat moss fucked around with this message at 01:50 on Mar 16, 2017

xiansi
Jan 26, 2012

im judjing all goons cause they have bad leader, so a noral member is associated whith thoose crasy one

Personaly i would quit the goons if i was in cause of thoose crasy ppl
Clapping Larry
That was some downtime right out of nowhere. I just noticed the 20 minute warning after first Izaro stage in merc lab.

I initially thought gently caress it, might as well write this off, but went hell for leather necking life flasks like an alcoholic anyway...and somehow made it with 3 minutes left.

That was the first (and probably only) time I have ever had fun in lab.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.
Update on that guy who was crying about his whole guild being banned: turns out he was in a botting guild and GGG is pretty sure he benefited from the botting

Truly a shock

Chris unbanned him (and only him) anyway in an abundance of caution, and he continues to cry his sad eyes out

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
I'm utterly shocked that it turns out he was involved in something shady and got banned for it :geno:

Soothing Vapors posted:

he continues to cry his sad eyes out

Stop making this so easy for me.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.
:doom:

also:

quote:

Added 3d art for the following items: Hand of Wisdom and Action and Hand of Thought and Motion.
:swoon:

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

so i started on that auto animate weapon build last night and now this today which seems like a nerf for that build

Fixed an issue with Jorrhast's Blacksteel not being able to target and thus animate ranged weapons.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
P O E
O P E
P O E

Purity Of Essence

hakimashou fucked around with this message at 03:05 on Mar 16, 2017

facepalmolive
Jan 29, 2009
I'm gonna try my hand at creating my own build for the first time. :ohdear: I was inspired by Kripp and want to make poison Abyssal Cry work, but the other popular Abyssal Cry build got taken down.

How does this look? poeplanner It's also my first time going evasion so I have no idea what I'm doing here. I can't help but think I'm going too hard into Templar just for the (nerfed) AOE nodes. Please rip my build apart, goons.

AOE (4L): Abyssal Cry - Poison - Void Manip - Inc AOE
Single Target (5L): BFlurry - CWC - Bladefall - Poison - Void Manip

Alternatives are going pure Blade Flurry, or use Wither for the CWC instead of Blade Flurry.

Also, any suggestions for weapons, other than Breath of the Council offhand?

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008
That feeling when you finally find loving Zana in a map, and the map she's in as well as the map (Olmec's Sanctum) she spawns for you each drop an Exalted Orb :toot:

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Hey I'm looking for flask advice. Playing a KOTF assassin.

1 Seething Divine Life of Heat
2 Atziri's Promise
3 Experimenter's Diamond Flask of Curing
4 Ample Silver Flask of Staunching
5 Experimenter's Quicksilver Flask of Resistance

I prob need a better suffix on my quicksilver and put the staunching on the diamond flask so I have more uses. I don't know about Atziri's Promise, I'm mostly using it because I need chaos res. Any advice on what to change up?

Lprsti99
Apr 7, 2011

Everything's coming up explodey!

Pillbug
Hi friends my mobo died please do not purge Necronatrix thanks

sarr
Mar 24, 2008

Praise the Sun!
My jugg hegemony's era icecrasher died horribly in LHC and I'm looking for a new build. I want to try a berserker with strong leech. Anyone know if mind over matter and vaal pact is viable together? Not sure what skill to use, maybe cyclone? Anyone know of a build that does this?

scuz
Aug 29, 2003

You can't be angry ALL the time!

Fun Shoe
:woop: Got my Belly of the Beast and sweet belt :woop: sitting just over 10k dps w/4 Frenzy charges.

Aerox
Jan 8, 2012

Awesome! posted:

so i started on that auto animate weapon build last night and now this today which seems like a nerf for that build

Fixed an issue with Jorrhast's Blacksteel not being able to target and thus animate ranged weapons.

I started on it two days ago.

How bad is the nerf?

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

I do not understand how that is a nerf. Oh it was animating weapons it shouldn't? Bummer, I was/may still be planning on doing that next league.

Duck and Cover fucked around with this message at 06:55 on Mar 16, 2017

Aerox
Jan 8, 2012

Duck and Cover posted:

I do not understand how that is a nerf. Oh it was animating weapons it shouldn't? Bummer, I was/may still be planning on doing that next league.

Someone who knows more than me can correct me if I'm wrong but I think the 6L setup in your weapon is specifically geared towards Melee support gems (and your chest is for manual-cast ranged) so if it's now indiscriminately summoning both types of weapons you'll have a dps loss since you won't have your ranged support gems applying to them.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

exactly. people in the thread are now thinking about switching to just 1 aw setup in the jorrhast or what will be best

RosaParksOfDip
May 11, 2009

rath posted:

Fashionista exiles is there a better bow skin to replace Opus here?

Slivertongue? The serpent bow.

house of the dad
Jul 4, 2005

I have lost 8 characters this league how has this even happened.

Picer
Mar 25, 2004

Other peoples ignorance puts food on my table.

RosaParksOfDip posted:

Slivertongue? The serpent bow.

This.

The weapon made for skinswap.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

Terrific Accident posted:

I have lost 8 characters this league how has this even happened.

they are always in the last place you look

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Don't you need to use the threshold jewel to animate the ranged weapons? What are you guys on about just don't use that and you won't animate them.

• Locked thread