Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Adjectivist Philosophy
Oct 6, 2003

When you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss also gazes into you.

LethalGeek posted:

Skins fired their GM and least the thing I'm listening to is ripping on Snyder and Alan several new ones and proclaiming how stupid everyone over there is. My favorite line was one I have been starting to gather is "if this wasn't an NFL team which is financially bullet proof Snyder would have run this into the ground like everything else he ever did" haha.

If it wasn't for the Kirk and gmsm circus I'd say we're having one of the strongest starts to free agency in the league and in our recent history. Too bad this team only lives to hurt me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

Adjectivist Philosophy posted:

If it wasn't for the Kirk and gmsm circus I'd say we're having one of the strongest starts to free agency in the league and in our recent history. Too bad this team only lives to hurt me.

Your 2 best receivers leaving is a strong start?

Adjectivist Philosophy
Oct 6, 2003

CyberPingu posted:

Your 2 best receivers leaving is a strong start?

2 receivers past their prime that would cost more than they're worth? Sounds like the exact poo poo we've been complaining about all these years.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

Are you serious?

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

2 receivers past their prime that would cost more than they're worth? Sounds like the exact poo poo we've been complaining about all these years.

They both just had 1000yd seasons...

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

CyberPingu posted:

It's not exactly a terrible opinion. DJax has a history of being injury prone, and Garcon has a great skill but I don't think he's worth what he got paid. Washington had a great offensive line, lovely run game, and a pretty decent QB with a solid arm. I suspect both won't live up to their contracts.

Of course this won't matter if Kirk moves on. The team royally hosed up that situation and don't be surprised if Allen and Snyder smear him this time next year because they're petty assholes.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

It's not exactly a terrible opinion. DJax has a history of being injury prone, and Garcon has a great skill but I don't think he's worth what he got paid. Washington had a great offensive line, lovely run game, and a pretty decent QB with a solid arm. I suspect both won't live up to their contracts.

Of course this won't matter if Kirk moves on. The team royally hosed up that situation and don't be surprised if Allen and Snyder smear him this time next year because they're petty assholes.

Yeah my point was really washington has not had a good FA at all really. Even if you do remove the Cousins thing and the GM thing (which is kinda like saying well if the falcons didn't let up 25 points they would have won)

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Kirk's gonna be a Brown next season.

ego symphonic
Feb 23, 2010

a new study bible! posted:

Kirk's gonna be a Brown next season.

Please do not be mean to Kirk.

Adjectivist Philosophy
Oct 6, 2003

CyberPingu posted:

Except they wouldn't have if the defense could could even knock on the door of average production. It's hard to predict how everything will turn out, obviously, but doctson and Pryor on the outside with Crowder in the slot is enough for me to get excited. If Kirk is still around I don't see how you could say their ceiling is any lower than last year's wr corps.

More than anything I'm excited to see how manusky does at DC. I think the additions on that side of the ball are a lot stronger than the fleet of middling players we signed last year as well, and it's only the first weekend of free agency. Sure that's just speculation against a season of actual data, but off season optimism is the name of the game for this team.

Adjectivist Philosophy
Oct 6, 2003

CyberPingu posted:

(which is kinda like saying well if the falcons didn't let up 25 points they would have won)

This is extremely fair. I know the regular season holds only pain, but Redskins off season is for the fans, goddamnit, I will do what I can to salvage any hope. :tipshat:

Adjectivist Philosophy fucked around with this message at 14:22 on Mar 12, 2017

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

CyberPingu posted:

Yeah my point was really washington has not had a good FA at all really. Even if you do remove the Cousins thing and the GM thing (which is kinda like saying well if the falcons didn't let up 25 points they would have won)

Oh absolutely. Ignoring our offensive weapons we let Chris Baker walk for nothing, Cousins is as good as gone, and Pryor will be here for a year before he either moves on for mad cash or gets tagged.

Cousins will be traded to Cleveland.

TeeMerk
Jun 9, 2013
Chiming in to say The Dallas Cowboys 2017 NFC East Champions, America's Team aka God's Very Own Team, congratulate all other NFC East teams for their participation in Free Agency!

Get those hopes up!!!! Higher! Higher!!!!

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont
https://twitter.com/MikeGarafolo/status/840733422549110784

Giants sign Fluker to a 1-year probably prove it deal

I know he's not good but how else could the Giants replace Marshall Newhouse

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost
The Redskins can play Pryor at QB, and he can throw to himself.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

NotWearingPants posted:

The Redskins can play Pryor at QB, and he can throw to himself.

I legit wonder if that was part of their thinking if Kirk went full AWOL and tried to force his way out

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Philly's #1 CB is Jalen Mills lol

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
Obviously that shows their hand in the draft.

What's crazier is that there is word going around the the Eagles offered Malcolm Jenkins, a 3rd, and a 4th for Brandon Cooks...

...but, it could also be New Orlean's pumping out fake info to save face on their Patriots trade.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

89 posted:

Obviously that shows their hand in the draft.

What's crazier is that there is word going around the the Eagles offered Malcolm Jenkins, a 3rd, and a 4th for Brandon Cooks...

...but, it could also be New Orlean's pumping out fake info to save face on their Patriots trade.

That was disproven pretty quickly

El Patron
Jul 9, 2011

Philly Philly
-Nick Foles is back
-Ertz restructured
-Daniel gone
-Alshon took 17

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

El Patron posted:

-Daniel gone
-Alshon took 17

Source?

El Patron
Jul 9, 2011

Philly Philly
https://twitter.com/Eagles/status/841301558402912256

https://twitter.com/Tim_McManus/status/841285321815949312

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost
Bennie Logan to the Chiefs.

Disappointing, yet unsurprising. I wonder if they will try and bring in a potential starter, or give the job to Beau Allen.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

Reid bringing in more of his old guard

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

CyberPingu posted:

Reid bringing in more of his old guard

Logan was actually a Roseman/Chip Kelly pick.

Time flies...

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

Oh wow...poo poo it just dawned on me that 4 years ago was Chips first season...

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Time flies when you're having fun.

FuriousxGeorge
Aug 8, 2007

We've been the best team all year.

They're just finding out.

CyberPingu posted:

That was disproven pretty quickly

Everybody said it made no sense, but the Eagles haven't actually denied it when asked and Jenkins hasn't said it didn't happen either.

My guess is it may have been thrown out there for the sake of discussion but not seriously offered.

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost
This thread needs an Ezekiel Elliott sexual assault tracker. It's so hard to keep up.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Zeke.....is dumb????:wth:

Not the biggest surprise. Gonna be a far more critical season for the young running back, I imagine.

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Zeke is going to Josh Gordon himself out of the league.

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....

LethalGeek posted:

..wow. WOW! Holy crap what a horrible person.

Its get better! Here is a breakdown of the last 18 years of Dan Synder

http://washington.cbslocal.com/2017/03/13/dan-snyder-redskins-through-the-years/

Dude is gonna live for another 30 years so buckle up every one. Most of the current fans will be dead before they see a non Synder team.

With that in mind....are the Redskins now in the running for the biggest clown show in football? Are they at the Browns/Jaguars level yet?

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

BexGu posted:

With that in mind....are the Redskins now in the running for the biggest clown show in football? Are they at the Browns/Jaguars level yet?

They are 100 percent worse because they have been at the front door of success multiple times, and instead of making one or two sensible decisions and walking right in, they burn the building down and piss on the ashes.

Cash Monet
Apr 5, 2009

If Kirk Cousins goes to the Browns and replaces Robert Griffin again it'd be so, so sad and real, real funny

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....

Cash Monet posted:

If Kirk Cousins goes to the Browns and replaces Robert Griffin again it'd be so, so sad and real, real funny

Nothing would make me happier then Cousins having success with the Browns and beating the Redskins if he gets traded to them. Even more so if the game is related to the playoffs some how.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
Saints wanted Malcolm Jenkins and the Eagles said no. @adamsheifterwhatever

Case closed.

FuriousxGeorge
Aug 8, 2007

We've been the best team all year.

They're just finding out.
https://twitter.com/Jeff_McLane/status/842114977322405888

:shrug:

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

I listened to the interview driving home from MY GIRLFRIENDs house and he seemed to imply, to me, that the trade was on the table from the Saints and the Eagles said no. I think somehow some way Jenkins was on the block but I agree with Ike when he says that's just the nature of getting something you want in a trade - something you like has to go for it. Our secondary is far more of a problem than just signing The Other Awesome Receiver Available so it wouldn't have been a good deal for us. Jeffery is probably going to be really, really good for us and we're going to be paying the man a lot more money than you'd think.

To me, though, the investment in the line and receivers says to me that they like what they see in Wentz, they're going to give him all the tools he needs to prosper in this league and that we are therefore going high in the draft for RB, possibly even with our first. Could see Howie going for Fournette but that'd probably require a major draft trade. But if not him, then...Cook? Fumblitis, a killer in the NFL, and character issues (so they say), McCaffery? He wouldn't be a bowling ball, he'd be more of a Sproles replacement when we need someone that can shoot up the middle. Kamara? Same problem, not the guy we need. It might make sense to gamble and hope to scoop Foreman in the second with a corner in the first but everything I see says Humphrey and I'll be hella pissed if they take him over Lattimore or S. Jones.

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost
I disagree. I think they will wait until the 3rd or 4th round before they take an RB. It's a deep draft for RBs and they already have Sproles, Barner and Smallwood who are fine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

NotWearingPants posted:

I disagree. I think they will wait until the 3rd or 4th round before they take an RB. It's a deep draft for RBs and they already have Sproles, Barner and Smallwood who are fine.

They're ok but unless your coach is BB its hard to successfully rbbc. A real (not ancient) player at RB would help the offense a ton. None of those guys inspure me with confidence. Is your thinking that the beefed up line gives us a Trent Richardson effect?

• Locked thread