Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Maggot Soup
Aug 18, 2005

Taco Trucks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

Burritos with fries in them that cost twelve dollars

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Freakazoid_ posted:

I had no idea teriyaki was some magical feast exclusive to seattle. I can't imagine being in a part of the US without it.

In other parts of the state, teriyaki is still foreign. I once worked at a company that had a Western Washington office and an Eastern Washington office. There were people visiting from the east office that took the desk next to me. Nice people. For lunch, I went out and got regular ol' chicken teriyaki and ate it at my desk. The guy next to me looks at it and goes "what kind exotic ethnic cuisine is that?"

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

Well, in Whoville they say - that his tiny hands grew three sizes that day.

seiferguy posted:

In other parts of the state, teriyaki is still foreign. I once worked at a company that had a Western Washington office and an Eastern Washington office. There were people visiting from the east office that took the desk next to me. Nice people. For lunch, I went out and got regular ol' chicken teriyaki and ate it at my desk. The guy next to me looks at it and goes "what kind exotic ethnic cuisine is that?"

As someone who gets their American tv stations from Spokane, you couldn't pay me enough to live in Eastern Washington

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

MakaVillian posted:

As someone who gets their American tv stations from Spokane, you couldn't pay me enough to live in Eastern Washington

I've only driven through Spokane a few times in my life, but I was astonished with how many Chinese food restaurants there were when I did.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Teryaki is trash food that appeals to americans because we're addicted to sugar. :colbert:

...I mean, I'll eat it, it tastes good, yeah. But it's just grilled meat with sugar sauce on it.

Benny the Snake
Apr 11, 2012

GUM CHEWING INTENSIFIES
Seahawks open to dealing Sherman.

Sherman's gotten slow and antagonistic towards reporters but still-it's gonna hurt seeing one of the original members of the Leigon of Boom go. :(

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Benny the Snake posted:

Seahawks open to dealing Sherman.

Sherman's gotten slow and antagonistic towards reporters but still-it's gonna hurt seeing one of the original members of the Leigon of Boom go. :(

Trade him for Butler!

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

jj nelson torched sherman so they should probably try to get a serviceable cornerback

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord
Has anyone other than Lombardi said that the Seahawks are open to trading Sherman? Even then, it's just a rumor that they're willing to trade him if there's a good offer, not that they're looking to trade him.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
That was a super dumb article, even for Lombardi, because literally every player is available for trade for the right price.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack
Get rid of Earl Thomas too. He is mentally weak.

One in the Bum
Apr 25, 2014

Hair Elf

African AIDS cum posted:

Get rid of Earl Thomas too. He is mentally weak.

Some team would have to give us 5 all pro O linemen signed to long-term, sub million dollars per year contracts or they can GTFO.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
I could see them trying to restructure Sherman in the next year or so, but trading him now is essentially selling low.

Also Michael Lombardi is a dummy but y'all already knew that.

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde
Seahawks have one more year of the current success and then we are falling back into Mariners-type just miss the wild card.

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord

Keith Atherton posted:

Seahawks have one more year of the current success and then we are falling back into Mariners-type just miss the wild card.

You say you that, but look at the division they're in.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Keith Atherton posted:

Just in time for me to jump on board the Texan Train. *Choo choo* next stop Titletown, USA!

Lord Waffle Beard
Dec 7, 2013

Keith Atherton posted:

Lol

JPrime
Jul 4, 2007

tales of derring-do, bad and good luck tales!
College Slice
Calais Campbell in the Player's Tribune. :smith: Godspeed, dude.

tybach
Jul 2, 2009

JPrime posted:

Calais Campbell in the Player's Tribune. :smith: Godspeed, dude.

:'(

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
Latest mock drafts have good OT's and OG's going to Seattle. Mock drafters can't seem to find a consensus on what SF decides to do.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

Latest mock drafts have good OT's and OG's going to Seattle.

But what positions did they play on college?

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

big money big clit posted:

But what positions did they play on college?

Trick question, we're drafting more running backs in the first.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Bad Moon posted:

Yea, Fournette is 240 with quick feet, he can probably play left tackle.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Bad Moon posted:

I'm down.

big money big clit posted:

Yea, Fournette is 240 with quick feet, he can probably play left tackle.

Christian McCaffrey has the intelligence and lower body strength to make a great center.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

Latest mock drafts have good OT's and OG's going to Seattle. Mock drafters can't seem to find a consensus on what SF decides to do.

Niners have so many needs, and the new GM is such an unknown, they could go in practically any direction at 2 overall. Obviously, if the Browns pass on Garrett for a QB (please please please), their choice would be much simpler to predict.

I'm guessing their preference is to trade back.

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:

Coldforge posted:

Niners have so many needs, and the new GM is such an unknown, they could go in practically any direction at 2 overall. Obviously, if the Browns pass on Garrett for a QB (please please please), their choice would be much simpler to predict.

Reuben Foster is the best player in the draft.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!

warcrimes posted:

Reuben Foster is the best player in the draft.

Strong disagree. And even if it were true LB is one of the more fungible positions.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
I see the Hawks going with Kevin King in the first round if he's available. Shead is good but he won't be back til November.

Also of course the Hawks would trade Sherman, they'd trade anybody but Russ and Earl for the right offer.

Schwack
Jan 31, 2003

Someone needs to stop this! Sherman has lost his mind! Peyton is completely unable to defend himself out there!

Coldforge posted:

At 2 you can get the best kicker on the board. That's a cornerstone player for 10+ years. Seems like the obvious move.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

Strong disagree. And even if it were true LB is one of the more fungible positions.

Pretty sure he's just kidding in a "the 49ers should draft a not great player with little positional value at 2, so they can keep sucking" way.

Similar to this:

Schwack posted:

At 2 you can get the best kicker on the board. That's a cornerstone player for 10+ years. Seems like the obvious move.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack
Seahawks need an OLB who can cover a fuckin tight end

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord

African AIDS cum posted:

Seahawks need an OLB who can cover a fuckin tight end

Anyone know of a golf caddy that's quick on their feet?

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!

shirts and skins posted:

I see the Hawks going with Kevin King in the first round if he's available. Shead is good but he won't be back til November.

No way. King is good but likely not a first rounder. Especially with this DB class. Although he is that big type of corner the FO likes. I'd be happy picking him up later. But Seattle has way more pressing needs.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!

Coldforge posted:

Pretty sure he's just kidding in a "the 49ers should draft a not great player with little positional value at 2, so they can keep sucking" way.

Similar to this:

Harsh but fair!!!

Benny the Snake
Apr 11, 2012

GUM CHEWING INTENSIFIES
https://twitter.com/mercnews/status/843633313235591168?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Etweet

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

https://secure2.convio.net/alsa/site/Donation2?df_id=37513&mfc_pref=T&37513.donation=form1

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

No way. King is good but likely not a first rounder. Especially with this DB class. Although he is that big type of corner the FO likes. I'd be happy picking him up later. But Seattle has way more pressing needs.

This FO will grab King in the first if he's who they really love. They always grab their guy when they see him, not when he should go. I hope they at least trade down for some picks first.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
I don't think Sherman is getting traded unless there's a lot of discontent he created in the locker room. His 2nd half of his last season was bad, but then you find out he was playing bad MCL, and wonder how much it impacted his play.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!

seiferguy posted:

I don't think Sherman is getting traded unless there's a lot of discontent he created in the locker room. His 2nd half of his last season was bad, but then you find out he was playing bad MCL, and wonder how much it impacted his play.

My thoughts as well. Pretty much everybody in the secondary was injured last year and so everyone suffered as a result.

• Locked thread